• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-- M0rbid's NEW Showcase --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The lighting in Simplicity and 1930 are my favourites, but all of them are excellent.In the Forgotten One, i only saw a bunch of tentacles where it was supposed to be though lol.

Level 23
Finished that terrain and added it to the list....
"Forest Glace". However there is a lot changed from the WiP, mainly the angle, because I felt it would not fit the theme otherwise. I maybe will consider to terrain the other angle finished aswell if I get some motivation and time to do so.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
184486-albums3575-picture32417.jpg

Those lava cracks... are those just the regular terrain texture from Dungeon or is there something else on it? Now that I think about it, I have yet to see a lava doodad.

Level 23
My personal view on that topic is, that firstoff, it's pretty hard to create that, second off, I think there are many users with different opinions on how lava has to look, because there are already some models of that existing, but you won't find them in terrains that often. I guess caused by many users do not find them looking realistic enough. That's why there are a few techniques existing on how to do lava that differ.
Making a model that is pleasing everyone might be very hard. Also it would need a few variations I guess.

Level 16
I would really like you to continue the "Current WiP" image looks like it cold turn out good with some light and fog efex.
About "Yggdrasil", cool concept but i don't really like the foreground it's too choppy, it should be a lot smoother and definitely needs more work. The way you made the picture suggest that the background shold be the Focus point and the foreground needs to be less visible like it should have a depth of field, try to do something like that, I think it's not impossible even in wc3. Another thing, add more trees in the background!

Level 23
In tradition of terrainers I prefer to write my Goodbye in the Terrain-Board.
Even though I personally got into different parts of this Forum later on I have my roots here. And since this remains a fact, I think it is simply the perfect way for me to say goodbye here.
I guess most of you already know the reasons for my departure. And if not you can gladly ask me elsewhere, because this post will not deal with the current situation. I do not want this to be deleted, so please simply accept it.

First of, let me emphasize how hard this decision was for me. I was a moderator here for way over a year here now, and I tried my best to serve the community during this time. Even though I had to deal quite a bit with uni stuff. Even before the community was very important for me and I put a lot of effort into adding ressources and helping out.
So - despite the fact the Hive is not the same anymore - the effort and time I spent here made my decision a tough one. I wished it had never come to this point. I learned a lot from the Hive, and I hope I was able to give back a bit.
What makes the Hive such a great place is the community, which is now gone.
Still I want to make a shutout to those I had the closest contact and that I really like or admire.
If you do not find your name on the list, please forgive me. It's hard to get all names onto this list at once, because, well just try it and you will see.

Let's go.

Amigurumi: I guess it's sure to say that you were the first user I actually talked to a lot in chat and with whom I got into closer contact. You always had a positive mind and you always were funny... I know you loved cookies. To bad our spacemap did not make it before sc2 and you lost interest in modding. I still need to reply to your PM, I will do so on Skype.

Frankster: I first thought you were remote and you had a feared reputation around some users. But hell,I figured out soon enough, that you are a great guy and your reputation at that time was not true at all. Always lending a helping hand an a gifted Tanker, ehem modeller. Chatting with you was always a pleasent feel and I guess we had quite some fun. I hope that one day you, Red and me meet up in Titz. Also, we still need to do another model together, if you are still interested.

Keiji and fladdermasken: You two deserve one mention each, but because you are my basterdly twins, I will still sum you up as one. Kill me for doing you this unjustice, I am immortal anyways. You two. Honestly, everyone who is reading this and did not see a terrain of them or does not think terrains are art, go check their work. They made the terrain board what it is today. And apart from this... You both are eloquent chatters, that I really like "wasting" hours with. I know Keiji will once more kill me for calling it waste now. I AM SORRY. I could go on, but basically you know everything.

Revilo: You are such a nice and modest guy, and because you are quite quite, you are totally underrated. Your work for the Hive I knew was actually immense. You managed to do collaborations as noone else. Working with you was always easy, chatting always a good experience. Don't lose heart ever and continue to improve. I was kind of proud seeing how you improved over the time, especially our Protoss Obelisk was awesome.

Pharaoh_: Stand now, for me you are the one person it's totally worth staying for - again sorry if I forgot someone. You are such an educated and smart guy, but also very motivated. Always acting well-mannered and being friendly to everyone approaching your help. You know you can always come to me when in need of help aswell.
I hope you will be treated aswell as you deserve here.

Azurot: Another great guy from the Terrain board, whom I think did improve the most over the time I was around here. Your work has been briliant lately and I would love to continue seeing it. So find a way to make sure I do. I am sad, that I was never able to release the interview and the blogs I promised here. But Fortuna was not with me on this one. I would like to give you one tip though for the future: Try to stay more motivated on what you do, even though it's hard, it will pay off for you.

Billy the Cat, Joe-Black and Kael: Chat. This was your reservoir. I see you as those that were making sure the Chat was what it was. You were always there, funny, nice and with an open ear for everyone. RACOON.
Billy, your attitude is one of the most admirable I found here, keep being who your are.
Joe, I liked the way you managed the community a lot. You really knew it. As Billy, stay who you are. SURGERY, K THX BYE, DR.NICK (the exclamation mark key is still broken, so excuse that)
Kael, you were like a silly, yet refrishing wind in the Hive chat. I did not talk particulary often to you, but you were always there and you did take every joke. You might look a bit naive sometimes, but that is an impression that is wrong. It's just you taking things easy.
Keep it up, whatever you are up to now.

Pyramidhe@d: If I had to name a single person that I learned from the most regarding art during my time at Hive I would name Pyra, don't force me though, since I learned from quite a lot of you. Pyra was always there to give good feedback. He never was easy to impress and that's exactly the right way. I guess you know that yourself.
Also your cynical way to see things is something I definatelly like a lot. You are an excellent modeller. Looking forward to your upcoming works.

Anarchianbedlam, Don Dustin and shiik: All you three deserve a huge shutout and I feel sad that I did not talk to you more, because you deserved it. Everyone of you had a huge influence on me with your feedback regarding my ressources. I hope you will continue working and that this work pays off for you. You all three are great artists.

I3lackDeath: Just recently we talked more. I want to underline what huge character you showed during the drama. Also, your icons came a long way, great improvement.

Mr. Bob: You are a shithead, and I just recently got to know you better. So now I know you are the best. Not at modelling, silly. At being what you are.
Noone will get away from you telling him the truth about what you think. Even though it's sometimes not all that serious. You earned my respect, and I hope our work together will be great.

Red (shift): TITZ and hodenhagen. You are actually one of the most interesting characters I ever met. And a funny one. I am kinda angry I did not have more time to chat with you and the others on tiny, but I will try my best to give it a shot in the future. You are a genius with the mouse. Also you like strange world war cars. I like them too.
I am looking forward to texture with you.

Deolrin: You find your way in here, because I want to underline that you came along way. You really matured and improved your manners and acting a lot. Please continue this path.

GrievousOne (the exclamation mark key :/ ) and De.Facto, also Hanky: We did not really had the Hive together, our playground was and hopefully will be Skype. I won't lose to many words about you here, but you know how great you are. You made me go crazy about what is doable in wc3 and really motivated me to improve myself and focus on projects. Thank you. FEG.

ap0calypse: I guess you will never read it, but still, you where a hell of a great guy. So mannered, so educated, to bad our project never came to light. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are doing.

OG: I don't know what to say, we co-existed, but it was always great, you showed promising terrains all the way, but why did you finish so few? We had a lot of fun in chat I guess. I always trolled you and by posting this I do it again. Also by forgetting you first :p

Cweener and Kobas: You two were great. Keep being who you are and do your thinks as couraged as you did here. Always was nice with you.

I am coming to an end here now and I guess I missed a ton of you guys. I am very sorry about it. I would like to stay in contact with all of you guys above mentioned.

I want to thank the rest of the staff I worked with aswell, Hakeem and all the others. It was always a pleasure to work with you. Sad it had to end this way. I love you all.

In the time of crysis the last days I talked to a lot of people I did not talk to before. Even in the drama I had a good time with them. All of you were great. Hope to hear from you in the future aswell.

Finally Ralle: You have lead this community for quite some time and even though this does not end the best way between me and the Hive, I still want to say thanks to you.
I hope that one day we can forgive each other.

And now, I am coming close to a real end.
GUYS, YOU ARE GREAT, it was so awesome to be here.

> Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.