1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lordaeron's Legacy

Submitted by Footman16
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Footman16 Presents
Lordaeron's Legacy
A Human Campaign

The First Campaign in the Tales of the Alliance

The Setting

Set between the events of The Wrath of The Lich King and the Cataclysm, Azeroth has changed much since the Third War. Stormwind are now the primary Human Nation with all the other Seven Kingdoms either destroyed, lost or a shell of their former selves. Lordaeron is split between many factions from the ever expanding Forsaken to the noble Argent Crusade to the Scourge Remnants still clinging to their last holdings.

The Characters
[​IMG]
Lord Candor was once a prominent Lordaeron Noble who ruled his lands sternly but fairly with an unyielding loyalty to his people and the Kingdom of Lordaeron itself. He has been biding his time and power in the Court of Stormwind waiting to launch a bid to retake his ravaged homeland.
[​IMG]
Vanndar Stormpike is the beleagured yet dedicated Commander of the Stormpike Clan leading the offensive in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms against the Horde, They have met stiff resistance and he is running out of options.
[​IMG]
Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken her reach is long, her power is growing and her ruthlessness is legendary. She will spare nothing from the living.

The Campaign's Features
The Campaign has 5 playable missions and 2 interludes. It isn't the longest campaign but I have tried to make it as Blizzard quality as possible. There is a working Game Cache, however cinematics are unskippable as of the moment so Save often. Lord Candor features a new skillset and the Human tech-tree has been slightly changed.

Gameplay
YetAnotherYoutuber, a youtuber (surprise surprise) was kind enough to play and record my campaign fully. His commentary is humourous and insightful and shows a lot of what the campaign has to offer. The version he played is an old one so bugs will have been updated since then. I highly recommend people give his channel a watch.
Videos

Credits
  • Hueter
  • SkriK
  • Kitabatake
  • takakenji
  • Ampharos_222
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Deolrin
  • 67chrome
  • Uljimasa Hojo
  • Inico
  • Hawkwing
  • CloudWolf
  • Tomoraider
  • If I have missed anyone please inform me and I will rectify it asap!
Contents

Lordaeron's Legacy (Campaign)

Reviews
Anaxie
Actually had time to start it. First off I LOVE the Cata touches of the storylines. Twilights / Dragonmaw/ Ogres. GOOD! Ok terrain is good. Pretty damn GOOD secondly story actually seemed decent now that I did more then browse the final level...
Morris
I have just finished the campaign and I liked it even though it was short an a bit fast-paced but the story is extraordinary The only thing I didn't like was the terrain I think its very normal and nothing special just like a normal Warcraft campaign...
deepstrasz
chap1: -there's a purple coloured Mountauneer to the left of Modi -Spearmen and Brigands look alike -night elves in the Twilight Hammer? -increasing the damage of allied troops doesn't mean base melee damage as the Noble Aura description says for the...
  1. Syndra

Syndra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks cool! I hope that my internet allows me to download it quick :D

2. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:

3. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I quickly repeat quickly checked out the story using TEST MAP in the editor.

The story doesn't appear to be a strong point but this appears to just be a quick little campaign no?

Other than that the terrain appears to be above average.

I think we might have ourselves another fun campaign to play on the hive!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  4. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Test map? I think you should play it through the custom campaign section of the game I don't think playing one map is very fair to base a rating on.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

5. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can always change it. From what i saw its actuallly worth playing and i intend too

6. Alliance10

Alliance10

Resources:
    Resources:
    the whole campaign is great , the icons, the items and also the whole story. i only got 1 problem on chapter 5 all the items that i gave on mountain king on the previous chapter was loss.

7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah that's the game cache screwing up I had trouble with it but I'll see about fixing it. Was Lord Candor saved between each mission though?

Either way thanks for the review.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have some faith in your storytelling but I do not have faith in the terrain ;P
    That's what I'd work on, to draw people in if nothing else.

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Better variety in screenshots probably

Also a unique campaign image makes it POP to people browsing moreso.

If i wasnt aware you made conquest of an island. I wouldnt of even downloaded this honestly

10. Alliance10

Alliance10

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes, lord candor items are being saved each mission

11. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What's wrong with it? Is it just the terrain in the SCs or the terrain in general? I can add more SCs of the terrain if you'd like but I only wanted to show that one mission to not spoil anything.

I wanted the Human/Lordaeron symbol to keep it Blizzard like.

Also thanks that's good to hear about the Game Cache I'll fix the Vanndar one soon as.

12. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its not a very blizz like though since its not lore campaign really.

Not from what i saw

Its id quickly compare it to something like tale of the warsong at first glance. Terrain could be improved. Story and diologue could be fleshed out.

The end i felt was ridiculous story wise.

I like the loading screens from wow. If the game mostly takes place in.hillsbrad ifk... make the main chars icon or the map without red markings on it be cover image. That would get slight more eye appeal

Update to polish everything could make this a great camapign the foundation is thete and its solid i think.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  13. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Personally I think the terrain and dialogue is better than Tales of the Warsong's (this is just my opinion).

I see what you're saying, however I disagree. Thanks for the feedback though I appreciate it.

14. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill play it eventually but not anytime soon but ill be very descriptive with the review. Its just comparing this to past present and future its not quite saga of azeroth / Wanderers of sorceria ,tomoraider/ turno / outsiderex quality but in a catagory just below those for the moment. Granted those are all highly updated and polished in v2 V3 V4s.

Between this and conquest of isle i want to see more work because you know what yours doing for the most part.

Not trying to sound condescending or pretentious if i do

15. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nice campgain I hope that my conection is not low

16. mewgon2

mewgon2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Despite the comments above, I find your campaign very interesting and especially the lore, it could be compare to that of tomoraider, turnro,etc. Since Blizzard can pull a race lore out of the blue(pandaren), your lore is very story-wise(in my opinion) and show a possible outcome for Lordaeron other than being the heaven of Undead. Please continue your good work and polish it even more and you have my appreciation for doing it.
    Ps: May I assume that more human campaigns will come cause it is my favorite race?

17. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, no, you don't sound pretentious at all, your opinion of the campaign is yours and I'm glad you've shown interest, just I don't see how you can make assertions about it without playing it is all. I'd hope you'd reserve judgement til after you'd experienced the campaign :) however thank you for the feedback

Thank you, I tried to make sure the story didn't conflict with the main lore too much, I mean it does contradict somethings for example the Forsaken still hold Durnholde and the events of this campaign never happened. However that part of Azeroth was kind of neglected in WoW and I thought I'd do something with it.

I'm not sure what to do next for a campaign, the best idea I have in my head is doing one which shows what happened in Stormwind during the Third War and just after with Stormwind sending troops to secure Southern Lordaeron and the fall of Stromgarde or something like that. It's just I don't want to make a campaign with a single enemy like the Undead; I'd like to be able to have people face of against at least a couple of factions so the gameplay doesn't get stale.

18. mewgon2

mewgon2

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you don't mind, I can offer some help with the ideas since I had been a fan of Warcraft lore for a while and for instant, you can make the Horde send reinforcement to Lordaeron to tighten their grip on the fallen kingdom which include Orcs, Trolls, Blood Elves(If you have the patience to do them all), a clash with the Scarlet Crusade and maybe the Lich King himself(after his retreat on the Light Hope Chapel),etc. What do you think?
    Ps: May you use the following models for Lordaeron army since I think they look...lore-wise?(I do not say your models are not good, no offense!!!). They belong to paladinjst so if you like, you can ask give him the credit.

Attached Files:

19. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll take a look at them :) however I try to use as few custom imports as possible where possible, but we'll see they'll certainly be useful.

A clash with the Scarlet Crusade is possible considering the final Cine. This takes place after WotLK so the Lich King is already dead. If there is another campaign featuring Lord Candor I don't think the main focus will be on him nor will he be re-taking defeating the Forsaken more than he already has, his Kingdom will stay as it is for now ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions though. A campaign set during the Alliance-Horde War also interests me.

However making a Scarlet Crusade campaign was also niggling at my mind, especially with the release of Chasing the Dawn, I loved playing the first part and seeing all the custom skins/models and look and feel of the faction.