1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lordaeron's Legacy

Submitted by Footman16
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Footman16 Presents
Lordaeron's Legacy
A Human Campaign

The First Campaign in the Tales of the Alliance

The Setting

Set between the events of The Wrath of The Lich King and the Cataclysm, Azeroth has changed much since the Third War. Stormwind are now the primary Human Nation with all the other Seven Kingdoms either destroyed, lost or a shell of their former selves. Lordaeron is split between many factions from the ever expanding Forsaken to the noble Argent Crusade to the Scourge Remnants still clinging to their last holdings.

The Characters
[​IMG]
Lord Candor was once a prominent Lordaeron Noble who ruled his lands sternly but fairly with an unyielding loyalty to his people and the Kingdom of Lordaeron itself. He has been biding his time and power in the Court of Stormwind waiting to launch a bid to retake his ravaged homeland.
[​IMG]
Vanndar Stormpike is the beleagured yet dedicated Commander of the Stormpike Clan leading the offensive in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms against the Horde, They have met stiff resistance and he is running out of options.
[​IMG]
Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken her reach is long, her power is growing and her ruthlessness is legendary. She will spare nothing from the living.

The Campaign's Features
The Campaign has 5 playable missions and 2 interludes. It isn't the longest campaign but I have tried to make it as Blizzard quality as possible. There is a working Game Cache, however cinematics are unskippable as of the moment so Save often. Lord Candor features a new skillset and the Human tech-tree has been slightly changed.

Gameplay
YetAnotherYoutuber, a youtuber (surprise surprise) was kind enough to play and record my campaign fully. His commentary is humourous and insightful and shows a lot of what the campaign has to offer. The version he played is an old one so bugs will have been updated since then. I highly recommend people give his channel a watch.
Videos

Credits
  • Hueter
  • SkriK
  • Kitabatake
  • takakenji
  • Ampharos_222
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Deolrin
  • 67chrome
  • Uljimasa Hojo
  • Inico
  • Hawkwing
  • CloudWolf
  • Tomoraider
  • If I have missed anyone please inform me and I will rectify it asap!
Contents

Lordaeron's Legacy (Campaign)

Reviews
Anaxie
Actually had time to start it. First off I LOVE the Cata touches of the storylines. Twilights / Dragonmaw/ Ogres. GOOD! Ok terrain is good. Pretty damn GOOD secondly story actually seemed decent now that I did more then browse the final level...
Morris
I have just finished the campaign and I liked it even though it was short an a bit fast-paced but the story is extraordinary The only thing I didn't like was the terrain I think its very normal and nothing special just like a normal Warcraft campaign...
deepstrasz
chap1: -there's a purple coloured Mountauneer to the left of Modi -Spearmen and Brigands look alike -night elves in the Twilight Hammer? -increasing the damage of allied troops doesn't mean base melee damage as the Noble Aura description says for the...
  1. DarkRanger2

DarkRanger2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can make any voice with any effect.

2. farih anashih

farih anashih

Resources:
    Resources:
    How many Assasins in durneholde. i got 1 from it
    I search to the whole area and place tower in all map
    could this be there is hidden Assasins who stuck in trees?
    well sorry to bother, THANK YOU
    your game is great even it simple

3. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, the Ravenholdt Assassins are intentionally quite difficult they were a pain for me too to fight lol, I'll think about adding the gem of truesight. I could give Vanndar a custom skillset but I think the MK's skills are pretty key to not making the campaign too difficult.

You're spot on with the terrain and tech-tree, I wanted to keep them as Blizzard like as possible. I'm considering changing the Tech-tree in my next campaign Lordaeron's Destiny but I'm not sure.

As for Lord Candor's personality, I've tried to portray him as a bluntly spoken, dour yet intense and determined man, if the dialogue doesn't portray that then I'll see about changing it.

I'll bare that in mind if I ever get round to adding voice acting. Thanks again for the offer.

Ok, I'll give you all the locations but there are definitely 8

Assassin Locations
    One is just south of your base near the tree line
    One is next to the ruined inn near the gnolls
    One is just north of the Farm and villagers near the treeline
    One is right outside Eastpoint Tower
    One is at the very edge of the map to east if you follow the road you'll find him
    One is at the edge of the map at the top if you follow the road north past Durnholde and up the hill
    One is in Durnholde past the Forsaken base
    One is near the Undead base in Dun Garok

And that should be all 8 :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  4. farih anashih

farih anashih

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOW Thank you man
    Now i can rest in peace
    hahahaha

5. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Haha, no problem, what one was it you were missing?

6. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have just finished the campaign and I liked it
    even though it was short an a bit fast-paced but the story is extraordinary
    The only thing I didn't like was the terrain
    I think its very normal and nothing special just like a normal Warcraft campaign
    Now about the tech-tree, there was nothing special about it just a minor change you did
    I really hoped that you make for Lord Candor his own tech-tree seeing he is the last noble of Lordaeron, he should have his own style of buildings and units,etc..
    Music is the same and seeing how the story went, custom music isn't a good idea in my humble opinion.
    I don't know if anybody faced this issue but on chapter five, Vanndar doesn't have his items that I collected from chapter four and he's back to level 2 for some reason.
    one more thing, in chapter 5, the attacks are big and sometimes happen at the same time. I trained a lot of units and build a lot of towers but the gold mines aren't enough to hold the line properly. I suggest increasing the amount of gold and maybe raise the food limit.
    4.5\5 on overall
    Good Job!
    And if you are planning for a sequel, I'll be waiting for it and encouraging you :D

7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    You're critiques are very fair, especially about the terrain, it's the style I went for and I'm happy with it however in the next campaign the terrain so far is much better imo and I think you'll like it more than this campaign's.
    I wanted to keep the tech-tree (mostly) the same for this campaign too; this again will change for the next campaign :)
    Custom music is only present in the last chapter and I liked it and in the next campaign there will be more custom music.
    I've heard about the chapter 5 issue but I thought I'd fixed it :/ did you download the most recent version or did you play the one before?
    Chapter 5 is very difficult I'll concede however I wanted it to be so, considering it is the last one.

Thanks for the feedback as always, the next campaign starts off in the barrens.

8. Walichrage

Walichrage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice campaign. Especialy like 3 and 5 mission, however I suggest increase a bit gold amount in mines in 4 and 5 missions. In 5 mission i think 12k/20k should be enough (12k means last 10 minutes on one mine). Also second frost guard as a reward in last mission is a bit meh. I suggest just somethink different on the same power level (maybe a nerfed a bit shield of honor). And one last thing that bother me is Candor aura. Nearly for entire campaign only unit benefit from it are footmen. I think making another 2tier melee unit or just making spell breaker melee should make a trick. You can also make it affected all units, but then it power should be nerfed a bit. Overall 4,5/5 from me.

9. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Second Frostguard? Hmm, I forgot I'd given it as a reward earlier, I'll change that then as for the gold... I'll increase it. I think I changed the aura to affect all for the latest update, however the aura only affecting melee units is quite strong considering it affects Candor, Vanndar and Footmen themselves are quite strong relatively; not to mention Knights in the final mission, however I'll think about it :)

Thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated.

10. farih anashih

farih anashih

Resources:
    Resources:
    the last one next in the farm local population at the southwest of the map. hahaha

11. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Footman16 I believe I downloaded the previous version but not a big problem for me.
    And seeing chapter 5 the last mission in the campaign must be difficult indeed, you can't have a finale without a badass fight
    I'll be waiting for the next campaign and if you already have a thread for it please give me the link.
    I just saw that you also work on Tales of the Alliance, is this campaign part of it?

12. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    This campaign is indeed part of the Tales of the Alliance :) there was the thread of Tales of the Alliance however it's now closed and I'm not going to get it re-opened as I feel like whilst I do work on my campaigns almost daily the amount of work done in each period of time isn't enough for regular updates.

So, I'm happy posting small snippets of updates here. The second campaign will feature Lord (newly King) Candor as a playable character as well as Commander Istan from Conquest of an Island of which only a demo was ever released but I still have the campaign which is roughly 70/80% done (however it is highly unpolished and I'm generally unhappy with it's quality so I doubt it'll ever be released fully). There was going to be a second campaign Return of the Kingdoms a sequel to Conquest of an Island which I had 2/3 maps in progress for however I deleted it all as again I was unhappy with it's standard.

So to recap, Lordaeron's Legacy is the first campaign in Tales of the Alliance, Lordaeron's Destiny will be the second and whichever campaigns come after that I don't know but I'm thinking of a Dwarf one set during/after the Third War maybe and also a High Elf Campaign. However, there'll be no Map Development thread or anything. Hope that answers your question lol :)

13. mewgon2

mewgon2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the lateness but this model will be perfect with the Lordaeron Footman model last time and is it too much to ask you to bring Stromgarde (somehow) in the Lordaeron's Destiny? What nations will be playable since I think it would be interesting to have many human factions together in 1 campaign. If you think there is not enough model for Stromgarde or Kul Tiras, just use some footman with spear/crossbow/longbow/on horse,etc. and keep the remaining units. Hope that you find it helpful.

Attached Files:

14. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    There is already a Knight skin used, but thank you for that nonetheless. Stromgarde will probably not appear in Lordaeron's Destiny sorry, King Candor has no stakes or claims to it. Stromgarde was going to appear in Return of the Kingdoms however since that campaign is discontinued I don't know when Stromgarde will appear but there's a strong chance of it appearing in a future Dwarf Campaign :) Return of the Kingdoms was initially meant to feature Stormwind, Kul Tiras, Gilneas, Lordaeron Remnants, Scarlet Crusade and Stromgarde.

15. farih anashih

farih anashih

Resources:
    Resources:
    if i may suggest. The game is nothing without the voice actor. Your doing is good by put a long conversation in cinematic so that, i can read it. But it will be best if you put voice actor, btw nice campaign you create it
    i will be waiting for another campaign

16. DarkRanger2

DarkRanger2

Resources:
    Resources:

I told him !

17. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    If I were to add voice acting I'd want more than one person to provide voices and I have people I know who would do some however right now it's not a priority and Lordaeron's Destiny is taking priority :) Thanks for the offer and suggestions

18. screenshots are not working?

19. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    They work fine for me, I'll see what I can do.

20. Kragez

Kragez

Resources:
    Resources:
    :(

Attached Files:

• (.png
      (.png
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views: