• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Live Patch 4944

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The game is now out of beta, apparently.
So whaddya think about the changes ?
Apparently only gameplay related changes was a massive nerf of Overspark, somewhat a nerf on Pagle and a nerf on Secrets causing them to only be triggerable by the opponent. (because Blizzard though secrets weren't an absolute shit already for some reason)

Other changes include the cross-region play, and a bunch of bug fixes.

I love that they added cross-region play already. And the new sparklies are fun. Apart from that, it was mostly just bug-fixing and some new features.

The secret change was pretty interesting. Yesterday I played a game and this guy purposely tried to trigger his own redemption by saccing a unit. After the unit died, and nothing happened, the player did nothing for a good 10 seconds. I was stumped too, until I remembered that they changed it.

In other news, they totally f*cked up the mac client. You can't tab out (or in our case, swipe out) at the moment. If you change it from full-screen to windowed with Cmd+F, it'll have a stretched resolution once you go back to full-screen. It really makes multitasking difficult. I can leave it as windowed, but it was much better in the last patch. It let me easily study/read/do w/e during the opponent's moves. Now my studying will suffer. :p

Level 17
Alt-tabbing doesn't work on both versions as of the patch apparently, my friend complained about that today.
Though I still don't understand why people play in fullscreen :p when they alt tab out all the time.

As for the rest, I still see stuck sprites when the opponent plays cards and such. So I don't really get why blizzard rushed this "live". Moreover still waiting for them to address some of the outlandish card effect rules that are clearly bugs.

Alt-tabbing doesn't work on both versions as of the patch apparently, my friend complained about that today.
Though I still don't understand why people play in fullscreen :p when they alt tab out all the time.

I guess it is just weird to have the toolbar and desktop show up in the background. It is kinda like when you're watching a video/movie and the playback bar is up. Even if it isn't in the way of anything, you'd rather not have it.

But yeah, I don't care too much for alt tabbing. I mostly care about swiping. It was really cool that they added it (macs can have separate desktops, and you can use three fingers to swipe left and right between them, which is a great alternative to multiple monitors). So I could quickly swipe left, change the song in spotify (or check browser, w/e), and then swipe back. It would really suck if they don't add that feature back.

Talavaj said:
As for the rest, I still see stuck sprites when the opponent plays cards and such. So I don't really get why blizzard rushed this "live". Moreover still waiting for them to address some of the outlandish card effect rules that are clearly bugs.

Yes. It seems like they weren't even clear on the issue. They said it came from "multiple" things coinciding with one another, and they just implemented a band-aid solution to update the card positions periodically (or something like that). When one bug is "fixed", another one arises. What's wrong with this picture?
28846fs.jpg

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I use it in smallest resolution selectable on windowed mode, so I can watch streams or yt videos and play at the same time. :)

All the placement bugs haven't been patched yet, yesterday my defender of argus went to left side of my board instead of going to middle of 2 minions I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.