• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an early WIP. More things still to come!

illgy1.png

Level 8
looking real good, now if only alll of the wc3 models were this good :D Whats the polycount so far? Also are you going to plan on adding frostmourne to him or just use attachment points? well good job and good luck +rep

Stand animation:

r7m52f.gif

It's a tad slower in reality.

[Edit] I just noticed that I made a massive mistake; I attached both the upper arms and the pauldrons to the same bones, and I pretty much kicked myself full speed in the groin when it comes to arm animations. It's relatively easy to fix, but I'll have to re-do the arms' motion.

[Edit 2] All fixed - the motion actually became more natural after the bone fix :D

Last edited:
Level 15
Stand animation:

r7m52f.gif

It's a tad slower in reality.

[Edit] I just noticed that I made a massive mistake; I attached both the upper arms and the pauldrons to the same bones, and I pretty much kicked myself full speed in the groin when it comes to arm animations. It's relatively easy to fix, but I'll have to re-do the arms' motion.

[Edit 2] All fixed - the motion actually became more natural after the bone fix :D

my gawd, did you do all this from placing verteces or primitives?

Status
Not open for further replies.