• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crash Bandicoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an early WIP of Crash Bandicoot, started on him a while ago, think I'm gonna finish him :) Very low poly count, around 300.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3,327
I didn't say I liked those either, but they kept the linear style which Crash has always had where as Twinsanity is more a big open world and I don't like that. It is a stupid change in my oppinion, the old way was better with actuall levels and worlds.

But if that is the only game you have played then ofcourse that feels like the right way for you and the other way would feel wrong.

Actually, the levels were pretty linear... in fact, it was entirely linear, with no extra missions... the island just felt more open.

Linear as in 1 certain path, no extra places to go AT ALL, just follow premade path with few hidden pathways. That is what I am talking about. In the new game you could explore the island around a bit and such, I didn't like that.

Level 9
so far this is what ui've done for s first try im gunna scrap it later.then re-do cuse i dont think they turned out to well but here first try. i havent tested in wc3 yet so here.

Attachments

• crash dummy test.mdx
    23.1 KB · Views: 117
so far this is what ui've done for s first try im gunna scrap it later.then re-do cuse i dont think they turned out to well but here first try. i havent tested in wc3 yet so here.

You forgot one important thing: Zero Joints before animating, and the animations jerk because you haven't activated the plugin. Well, thanks for your attempt, +rep. I'll try and do the anims myself.

I used to be crazy about Crash.

I owned Crash 1 on PS1, Crash 2 on PS1, Crash 3: Warped on PS1, Crash 4: The Wrath of Cortex on Xbox, Nitro Cart on Xbox and I played (at my relative's house) CTR for PS1, That one double racing game on PS2, and that's pretty much it... Ah, the classics. =)

http://village.crashbandicoot.com/us/index.php

Lol, I found that a while ago. xD

Will you be making the Cortex model as well? And the boxes and the little apples and the... well I call the mask thing the "Booga Booga mask", etc?
~Craka_J

Probably. I'm unsure about it, but maybe. I'm waiting to get 3ds Max 5 from a friend of mine and then I'll see about animation. BTW, that 'Booga Booga' mask is called Aku Aku

Sierra published crash? No wonder then, Sierra is always behind the best games.

Nay, Sierra published only the latest games; Naughty Dog is responsible for the addictive monster we call Crash :)

Level 36
The original Crash Nitro Cart was alright, but you can really se the comparisons between (the more well made) Mario Kart 64. I mean the whole of Crash is just Sony's answer to Mario, but you can ignore this fact because most of the games are good, so no one cares anyway.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You would never believe that the same company that owns the Starcraft and Warcraft rights also owns the Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot rights.

Wikipedia said:
Vivendi Games owns the rights to such franchises as Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft as well as others like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Empire Earth, Leisure Suit Larry, Ground Control and Tribes.

I am supriesed infact that parts from thoes series have not appeared more as easter eggs in the various games as blizzard seems to reference their warcraft and starcraft and diablo via easter eggs (in wc3 - wirsts leg item?, "My life for Ihr, I mean Ne zul." quote from acolyte?).

Well atleast lets hope starcraft does not go the way some of the series it owns has.

Oh and just as not to confuse you. Blizzard Entertainment and Sierra are both subsidiaries of Vivendi Games, meaning that it is actually Vivendi Games which has the final say in the games that are produced. Infact Starcraft Ghost was canceled by Vivendi Games by them refusing to publish it and since they can only publish via Vivendi Games, Blizzard had to stop development / release.

Status
Not open for further replies.