• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kind of like the modern 'Fight for jesus' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Bah. Loads and loads of skewed perspective and zealotry. The "not one shred" of evolution is a steaming pile, evolution does not say that humans descended from apes. It says that apes and humans descended from the same thing.

Think of all the millions of stars and planets, isn't it strange that the ONLY life is found in earth?
The "only" life found is in the earth because we can as of yet only look for ourselves; RNA/DNA based lifeforms. Not to mention, the universe is a bajillion (realistically, at least several septillion) times bigger than our tiny corner of it. Needle in a haystack? No, not appropriate. Something more like specific star in a universe. Something else I like about the article that quote is taken from, the nearest star to the earth is actually only about 8 light minutes away, not 4.24 light years. The one after the closest one is ~4.24 years, but the closest one is 8 light minutes.

About this abomination. I have stated many many times that male children are 11% more likely than the previous male child to be gay. Expect more answers such as mine, this is a rather open-minded community.

Paradoxically, I did find something I liked, from the God is Amazing article.
How can anyone observe the universe and deny the existence of God?
My question is, where did it come from? I don't believe that God actually goes and interferes with our lives to make them better, but I do believe S/He/It was probably what started this all out. Also, I like how this is a fundamentalist website
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/the_great_whore.htm said:
Catholicism’s ill-gotten children ... blasphemies of the Roman Catholic religion.

Level 13
There was a massive (lol) debate going on at www.ytmnd.com before its "decline" in the "power of the internets" basicly it was a whole crapload of 3rd dimensions paradox's and text w/ pictures that spawned some 30 ytmnd's supporting one or another theory. In short: We dont know, we shouldnt care and we should believe what we want, without forcing it upon others. Personaly i like the idea of a god existing but i do think that evoloution EXISTS. A more realistic idea for the whole creationisim thing is that god started the big bang and thus set things in motion. Of course, this is all speculation i mean this is a topic we know next to nothing about so, how about we leave it be, yess ?

Level 26
man, some christians are just plain funny..
I thank God for the Bill of Rights. I thank God for the wisdom of our founding fathers. I thank God for the the First Amendment which gives me the legal right to freedom of speech, press, religion, and the right to assemble in protest against my government. I am exercising my right by voicing this desperately needed article about the godless heathen public school system. I hate the public school system with a passion! It is destructive to the faith of children!
Yes, god created the bill of rights.. yeah... public schools are... EVIL!!! PURE EVIL!!! RUN BY WITCHES!!!

Level 24
American public schools could use some reform but... That's just motherfucking hilarious. Samuel L. Jackson on a plane full of amputee reptiles funny. He is thanking God for the freedom to choose his own religion while telling people that the only way to have a happy afterlife is to adhere to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth (at least, on a site that tells people that)

About the "reform" its that public schools suck. With a passion. It's not about smashing the standard to itty bitty bits and laughing at it because of how stupid adults think you are, it's about making sure the standard doesn't get too far ahead of children. No incentive for high-performers to highly-perform.

Also, public schools are not somewhere you want your kids to go if you are that religious. Chances are high most high school sophomores are no longer virgins, that kind of atmosphere is detrimental enough to religion as it is. There's nothing wrong with the bible being in school, but there's lots with it being there on some mandate.

Level 26
American public schools could use some reform but... That's just motherfucking hilarious. Samuel L. Jackson on a plane full of amputee reptiles funny. He is thanking God for the freedom to choose his own religion while telling people that the only way to have a happy afterlife is to adhere to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth (at least, on a site that tells people that)

About the "reform" its that public schools suck. With a passion. It's not about smashing the standard to itty bitty bits and laughing at it because of how stupid adults think you are, it's about making sure the standard doesn't get too far ahead of children. No incentive for high-performers to highly-perform.

Also, public schools are not somewhere you want your kids to go if you are that religious. Chances are high most high school sophomores are no longer virgins, that kind of atmosphere is detrimental enough to religion as it is. There's nothing wrong with the bible being in school, but there's lots with it being there on some mandate.
What? are you implying we shouldn't force our christian beliefs on other people? YOU'RE A WITCH! BURN THAT DRUMSTICK AT THE STAKE! BURN HIM!!

Anyhow, that site isn't even worth a serious comment. The sheer stupidity of that site exceeds all intelligent debate.

Level 24
What? are you implying we shouldn't force our christian beliefs on other people? YOU'RE A WITCH! BURN THAT DRUMSTICK AT THE STAKE! BURN HIM!!
Sucker! He's a drumstick! He's already been burned at the stake, it's called a rotisserie!

Anyhow, that site isn't even worth a serious comment. The sheer stupidity of that site exceeds all intelligent debate.
itty bitty baby itty bitty boat

Anybody who can answer that properly (please don't in this thread) is well-versed in intentional stupidity, and well qualified to comment on that site. The "intelligent debate" will most likely be as biased and wholly mentally unhealthy as that website is, but we all have to make sacrifices.

However, to truly have an intelligent debate about something so clearly ill-suited for intelligent and proper debate, the debate must be conducted in the same mindset as the topic. So I'm thinking it would be something like "Prove to me God exists!" "Take a look at the universe!" "That proves nothing!" "Ya huh!" "Nuh uh!" "Ya huh!" "Nuh uh!" etc... Which, in retrospect, isn't intelligent at all. We could try something like that in Something Else, just to see how bull-headed we can all be while remaining civil.

Level 26
Level 24
. . .
Sweden? Oh my fucking God...
WTF? CANADA?
Okay, this has gone from the realm of ridiculous idiotic into ridiculous so-stupid-you-can't-help-but-laugh.

Level 24
Hmm. Canada was merely the straw that broke the rhetorical camel's back.

Right now I'm too busy laughing. On a side note... I do believe that this is the fastest I have ever seen a thread hijack on THW. Maybe turn this into a dump for ridiculous sites?

Level 26
You think it's over?

I present you 140 minutes of the worst camp you can ever go to.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7168860244966080667&hl=en

There are just so many faults I can spot it's not even a joke.
In my opinion, Christian Evangelism is worse than Muslim Extremists, because no one takes any steps to put an end to it. While Muslim Extremists are causing a few huge crimes, Christian Evangelism brings about many small crimes no one will notice on the news. Therefore, while muslim extremists are all over the news, christian evangelism goes unnoticed, especially in southern rural america.

Level 24
You think it's over?

I present you 140 minutes of the worst camp you can ever go to.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7168860244966080667&hl=en

There are just so many faults I can spot it's not even a joke.

Agreed. Mass hysteria, placebo effect, they're evangelists, CHILDREN. I believe that it's around 24 that the human brain is finished with development? They're getting at these kids before they have a choice in the matter.

I believe evangelism is about taking the bible as literal truth, which it obviously isn't. Not to mention that lady saying she wanted children to basically become radicals for Christianity... Christianity has had enough radicals. The crusades, the inquisition, etc. Everything influential that starts out with a good name (particularly, the three big monotheistic religions Judaism, Christianity, Islam) has its reputation stained by radicals and zealots who claim to do things in the name of that influential good.

I like how they had a dinosaur saying that evolution is "Just a belief" when so is Christianity. Evolution has empirical-scientific evidence (they've tested it). I have a friend that doesn't believe in evolution because two fossils that look kind of similar don't need to be related to each other. I'm completely fine with that, because she keeps her opinion to herself (Omg, "What if you had to go to a school where the teacher said "creationism is stupid"... you could get that teacher fired for influencing students' religious beliefs). Also "global warming" does not mean the world is getting hotter, it is a blanket term for climate becoming more extreme. Even if it's not a big problem now, it sure as hell is going to be.

That's a lot considering i'm only at 15:49 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.