• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What makes a descent fight scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey All,As in the tittle i would like to see answer's from diffrent people,for a question What makes a descent fight scene for you in a cinematic?
How long it would last,Melee fight or SFX and spell manipulation,etc?
I need this couse im making a cinematic,ofc i woudn't let out a fight scene but i am worried couse i am not that familliar how to please my audiance when a fight scene comes up. :grin::thumbs_up:

Pacing. For example, lets say two characters, such as an Orc Grunt, and a Fel Orc, happen upon one another. The two would size eachother up, briefly, one becoming focused, the other looking forward to the coming brawl.

The two would charge, and attack equally with their weapons and hands. With each successful strike, the fight would slow down, as they tire, until the two end up deadlocked, within eachothers' grip. The fight would stall briefly, restarting with something like a headbutt or a toss, and resume at full speed, until one character is knocked to the ground, and killed with an axe to the chest.

An interesting fight is a stalemate, where the more intelligent, or more collected warrior wins either due to intelligently using his surroundings, or capitalizing on a mistake, or the arrogance of the other fighter.

Listen to "Two Steps From Hell - Jump", and imagine that battle going on as the music progresses. Tell me if that helps.

Level 9
Well to be honest listening to the song just makes me imagine a duel between good and evil and as the song goes makes me think of the evil just losing its power and the good just beating him up but unable to defeat him fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.