• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 11
Thank you, co_oki, we also discuss such things, but they could happen in later versions. First, as you say, we need to release 5.5.
A.Dominion did some really good improvements to fix some common bugs. He invented a genius workaround for some of them and improved simple and nice the item equip system. The game should use less resources now. We plan to release these changes as test 29 and if lucky, test 30 will be 5.5 final :)

Lhama, I'm happy you like it. We should definitely start making this game more popular, especially when we'll have the new version. It is a HUGE update to everything you've seen in 5.4, tweaking and improving both gameplay, balance and game code.
You should see the man-eating plants and hear the words that players tend to speak when they get caught by some of them XD

Level 6
especially when we'll have the new version. It is a HUGE update to everything you've seen in 5.4, tweaking and improving both gameplay, balance and game code.

Did i hear new UPDATE!? :vw_wtf:
Me cant wait 2 see that! Im Playing JTR With others on Garena i always host your map Gadina If you make an Update it will be the first Topic 2 Talk about on my forum.

I really enjoy your Work on this game and my friendz 2 also people i dont even know that loves 2 play it in my server!
Hope you Release soon we cant wait 2 see whats coming next :vw_love:

Level 2
Oh and by the way, if you make a UPDATE can you do the following:
-Map is now larger than before
-More building to build
-More Character to choose
-More Animals
-More resources
-More units to make
-More weapons to use
And resource are now list in INFO (with details which where you can get some) by that no one would ever ask where to find it. (sorry for English speaking, I'm not pretty good at it that why I got "F")

Level 11
Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.5 final is FINALLY released.

After one year of hard work:
- the code was improved and great new content was added by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta;
- the game is looking much better with the weapon and armor models implemented by ElloElloEllo;
- it is more beautiful with the great new loading screen by Cindy Nyan;
- some more visual and gameplay improvements have been made to make the game easier to play and understand;
- it is being constantly hosted by Jimmehdean in Garena -
Europe RPG Rooms, so it is now easier to find other players;
- it has new site domain: www.jungletrolls.org

Last edited:
Level 6
Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.5 final is FINALLY released.

After one year of hard work the game is much better now:
- it works much better and has great new content and gameplay possibilities by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta;
- it is looking much better with the weapon and armor models implemented by ElloElloEllo;
- it is more beautiful with the great new loading screen by Cindy Nyan;
- some more visual and gameplay improvements have been made to make the game easier to play and understand;
- it is being constantly hosted by Jimmehdean in Garena -
Europe RPG Rooms, so it is now easier to find other players;
- it has new site domain: www.jungletrolls.org

Cool! Gonzalord Aproves!
This day is the day that JTR Become Even Moar Epic! in Wacraft History.
Cant stop reading the changelog! xD
Already Hosting your new version on my garena now, Me and my Community say thanks to all the JTR Debeloupers. :vw_love:
:goblin_good_job: x 131

Level 11
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
Created by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

trolls%20final.png

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

Troll%20Characters.jpg

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

poster%20Frolls%201024x768.jpg

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

poster%20Sabretooth%201024x768.jpg

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

More Info:

www.jungletrolls.org

Level 2
It is made in Inventor's Workshop, but it can be made by the Inventor himself as a class crafting (keyboard C and then C again).
Come on, just take a look at the craftings, this is easy to find :)

Stockage barrel? But it require stockage box, but, if it is true (that stockage barrel is equal to stockage box ), should it be a kit then put it in WORKSHOP
(with 3 bronze bar and shotgun)

(excellent update by the way:goblin_good_job:, now I won't be bore (in single player) because
of the Froll I like those creature even though they are enemy. I keep play shaman, raise zombie, throw them (Froll) a disease that can be spread nearby, Issue my undead army to attack them , or Inventor, then throw a Molotov on them (Buuuurrrnnnnn).
It was a blast :goblin_yeah:

Level 2
Can you add more weapons in armory? Because every time I raise a dead (of a Troll), I always put them weapon like bronze axe and a shield (since Zombie Troll have the abillity of Trolliod, which able them use lvl 3 weapons). Later on in the game I make a army of zombie troll . But the thing is that there only few weapons can be made in armory, I wish you add the following weapons/armor:
- Helmet
- Sword
- Dagger
...and also the bow can be craft in the tannery (of course arrows include because I like to see the zombie troll in action while holding a Bow like skeleton archer), and speaking of arrow, can you also add a item, fire arrow.

Last edited:
Level 1
You're right, I'll fix the tooltip.
And yes, sounds fun. Frolls are the most funny enemy ^^

This map is a splendor to play, however, it's really sad it crashes every time I play (and at different intervals, for some reason). And no, I didn't really figure out a pattern, or something that would reveal why it crashes :'(

Level 1
Idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!1!1!

Can you add backpacks in the next version CRAFTING: 9 Pig skins or deer leather And 2 Iron bar in the tannery !!!!!!!11111!!111!1:grin:

Level 2
Please make an option "Number of players"
I play against my 2 friends and other trolls are just useless without AI! :vw_sad: 3 players - one plyer controls whole tribe
6 players - each player controls 2 trolls
12 players - 1 player 1 troll
Please. :cry:

Level 1
At first I'm gonna say hellos all of ya mons and congratulate on making an incredible map. Keep da good work !
MS would say "we're sorry for the inconvenience", but I have to be a bit inconvenient, heh.
I have critical errors during LAN games like other guys here (even tried singleplayer and had the same experience) for which I cannot find what triggers them, but I suspect on memory leaks, if I'm right.
1st Error says (during LAN game) as follows:
Not enough storage is available to process the command.
Object: Chunk (.AUChunk@CDataStoreChunked@@)

2nd Err says (during singleplayer):
Not enough storage is available to process the command.
Object: Handle2AgentReg (.?AUHandle2AgentReg@@)

Hoping this information would be helpful to you 'couse game is awsome and we wanna play it. Thanks for patience, awaiting soon replies :goblin_wtf:

Level 1
Hello everyone! I was looking on the site and every garena group is full. =( I was wondering if there was maybe another group or some way to find out where this game is being hosted. I looked on the site and couldn't seem to find anyone hosting it. If i'm just dumb and didn't see something please let me know! I would love to play this game. it reminds me of the island troll tribes games I played so long ago.

Level 2
About singleplayer... I remember that in Undead campaign armies of Artas, Kael Thuzad and Sylvanas had divided resourses and armies but controlled by only player. Maybe do like that to divide heat and food of different trolls.

Level 1
Hi everyone,

i have a problem trying to host this map. I'm using Ghost++ CB. Every time after game is loaded all players disconnects due to desync. It's kinda strange cause i already hosted a variety of custom maps and didn't have similar problem.

I use automatically calculated map values except of "map_options" cause ghost calculates that map_options = 64, but then teams are displayed incorrectly in lobby, so i change it to map_options = 96 (almost always used in other custom maps) and then everything seems fine.

So if anyone hosts this map using ghost++ and know what the hell is going on here any help would be appreciated.

P.s. It is really difficult to come by already hosted JTR games. Where you guys are hiding ^^ Tried eurobattle, garena europe rpg rooms 01 -07 - still no luck.

Level 1
it anoys me that ive spend the last 4 days to find people to play the map with and there is litterly no one nowhere playing the map it seems

Level 1
when i open the custom maps thingy it dosent appear the map name and when i open it in world editor it shows 2 errors then it closes i hope you can help me coz i have no idea what to do

Level 4
The only problem of this map is laggy while playing even im hosting the map.
If smooth as playing island troll tribes, werewolf, wilderness survival, mineralz or terrania, it would be nice to play with friends...

Level 2
Ok, for people who want to play, try garena.Since the implementation of ENT hosting, we are playing JTR almost daily.There's quite a few people active from Sunny Trolls clan, we have 2v2v2 or 3v3 games.I've noticed that sometimes people can't see the game, but try europa TFT rooms, and you should be able to see.
Also here's a bug i've observed
1: Hunter bow critical deals poison, even though the arrows were not envenomed.This occurs only with critical shots.

Level 1
fatal error

As the game goes on, i hate the fatal error showing and killing the joy of your long game :( is this game still being reworked???? im just worried this game has ended in a bad way.

Level 1
Yeah same thing, either playing on my own, or once with three friends, about 15-20mins into the game get a fatal error saying there's no enough storage space, odd.

Level 2
as soon as the game starts many players disconnect immediately due to some game bug

any chance of this getting fixed?

We're playing on a virtual LAN and this game is the only one that desyncs

Level 2
suggestions

Hello,

Awesome map.
Here is some things that would be nice if it can be implemented:

1) Forge provides endless heat and base is invulnerable to weather for free all game
(should require oil / wood / tinder to operate). also can be used for cooking

2) cauldron also works without any source of heat. should require something to burn for cooking / brewing potion (as firecamp). can provide some heat when working
Idea is: u upgrade the firecamp to a better structure (forge or cauldron), but it cant be working all game without heat source.

3) Leather armors / boots should be optional waterproof and provide some heat, but less than fur clothes.

4) shields are really effective
leathers / chitin also can be used to make some more basic shields
otherwise shaman can only use quest shield

5) quest reward mask needs to be imbued further to become really effective (or some option to further improve some of the quest items like line / add armor)

6) petrified wood - improve attack on weapons if used instead

7) murlocs should levelup or have other classes at tier 2 (acquire new abilities or items like slow / bloodlust / use nets ...)

8) terrain randomization is very good it makes the map different every time
If there are additional variables for each location some of the locations
could even be made to be not accessible at start (smaller chance)
by blocking with trees /bushes. // ofcourse not to block the players on the island

(probably bugs)
- when u place the totem in the beginning of game it increases food to 200
- when u rest at night near tent it does not increase heat
- starting items (item choice) like spellbook can stack without limit (you can carry even 6 items of the same type)

Keep up

Last edited:
Level 2
more notes from jungle

Hello,

here is some notes made while in jungle:

* unending rain bug
it happens after lightning strikes a totem. (has something to do with lightning trigger.
after this there is no more lightning and rain doesnt stop all game) I guess some weather debug command would fix it
(reset weather after some seconds / or if all players agree)

* weather
longer periods like several days rain / snow / storm would be interesting too (some smaller chance but still possible to occur in a game)
troll chief messages can reflect the duration like '' this will be heavy / light rain or snow for 1 / 2 days ..."

* jungle / locations
each animal location can be randomized and instead of only 1 entrance can have a small chance for more entrances
(this way parts of the jungle will be more open) or inaccessible (have to clear your way to access)

also more initial spawn locations for players on all the islands / random spawn can be set at game start (for tribes). This will make game start differ every time

* animals
-birds if added attack like this of the hawk will make them retaliate (to trolls) and be more dangerous (not stay in 1 place try to target ground unit)
also vultures can spread some disease when attack (they eat dead things)

-small animals like frog / rabbit / racoon need some ability to be useful for tame / revive
(can have sprint / better range or night vision / better evasion / carry item) they have strong senses you know / should be better scouts

* a horse will be good addition for warrior / inventor and other nomadic trolls (useful for carrying stuff on longer travels like the deer/ as both classes are unable to tame and revive). This way a team of 2 wariors can travel with a horse carrying some provision...
Problems with deer or horse is that it allows players to sit in base and collect items remotely, but if some type of passive inventory is implemented (deer pick item only if near troll) this will fix this issue. /i dont see how a deer or horse can pick items by itself and without some bag on its back/
saddlebags item can upgrade horse / deer inventory from 3 to 6 slots)

(i guess it is best if troll merchant sells horses /expensive/ or also add as quest reward

*snakes can become anaconda after lvl 3 (small chance)
*turtles can have some attack for retaliate (rarely bite, but hard)
*hex can be used for sneaking if it decreases collision size
*carnivorous plant can become stronger (lvlup) rather than losing energy
*stone walls should be 3 levels 100 / 200 / 300 hit points each level by adding a stone and provide no vision
*additional quests with turtle shells, feathers, leather, chitin, furs, some herbs will be nice
also those boss items / indicators for which bosses are present

all the best :psmile:

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello, chessboxing, glad to see you enjoyed playing JTR!

[*]
You were lucky to get your totem lightning struck. Loa be praised!

[*]
There is already long winter spell which affects weather for few days. Adding more butons to totem without removing current effects is a problem.

[*]
Animals already spawn at different locations. Are you sure you never ventured into vast bear camps?

[*]
Jungle parrots are no strong fighters, mon.
Small tamed animals act like bait and a controllable ward.
Trollz no ride horsah. Watcha horsah, mon? Antelope? Antelope cantah carry troll!

[*]
Snakez? Why did it have to be snakez? Troll hate snakez!
Turtle don't mind being attacked. Turtle don't want to attack. They are turtles. With freaking lazorz spikes on their heads carapaces.

[*] Sounds fantastic, bunch of rabbits entering your camp. Wit steel axez!

[*] Too much masonry, mon. Troll be bettah hunting and fighting. But I second the vision idea, if possible.

Level 2
Bugs / errors / exploits ver 5.6 test 07 , 08

Hello,

check out some notes with things to improve (found in 5.6 07, 08):

- Upgraded shop - dissappears if cancelled while building (inventor pack skill) / also shop kit cannot be automatically upgraded when in inventory by adding trade agreement.
- Imperial crab - cant be raised, only river crab for 1 chitin. Then it drops 2 chitin as if it was imperial.
- Starting item choice - dissappears if players dont choose before timer expires. Random option should be available and set as default so the item is not lost.
- Tome of xp (quest) - if taken by a murloc/ghoul/animal results in critical error (probably normal).
Fixing this leads to the possibility of gaining limited additional levels for murlocs / raised trolls. This way if you use them to complete some quests and give them the tomes of xp they can get more powerful. Each new lvl providing them +1 inventory slot, additional hitpoints (25-40 per lvl) and maybe some additional ability. Tomes of wisdom (from merchant) cant be picked by murloc / ghoul.
- Stone walls - if inventor takes a 2000 hitpoint stone mine for few hours to say 15 stone he can then place it as 300 hitpoint stone walls on half the map. This makes 4500 hitpoint walls and also very wide map vision for free (vision should be melee for walls). Also collision size is very large (2 walls block most passages).
To fix this the cost of wall kits should be 2 or 3 stone. Option to fortify walls by adding stones (2 or 3 levels as the towers) would be useful for strategic locations (near totem). This way you can have stronger and weaker walls.
- hit sound - all mines / walls / stone buildings sound a bit hollow as if normal building (could be changed to stone hit).
- birds - when attacked from ground birds tend to return and stay in 1 place above player (the AI makes it retaliate as if to air target). Bird AI works well against air units though. In order to fix this i gues either an ability (hawk swoop), ground attack or panic (escape) ability would improve birds.
- Resources and buildings - should cost run energy if carry alot of them (5 stones, building kits...)

:psmile:

Level 2
Totem / buildings

- Guardian beast / totem - in late game guardian beast becomes relatively weak and a 200 hitpoint totem can be taken with 2-3 power hits (club), which results in end game sometimes even without a fight. More hitpoints for the totem as well as some protection mode (invulnerability for limited seconds) while guardian beast is not revived would be useful I guess.

- Destroyed totem / Outcast / FFA -
In my opinion when the totem is destroyed the tribe should still be able to play, but without totem. This means no more miracle reviving (ring of resurrection should be modified to be usable only once, also could be used by spirit). Totems cannot be rebuilt so it will be harder for the tribe to survive especially if other tribes still have totem.
If totem defeat condition is removed then the option for leave tribe would be available (working only during first game minute) allowing players to randomly spawn on map as outcasts without totems. Totems are given to tribes only when leave timer expires and teams are settled (to prevent steal). Outcasts can join other tribes later in game (this will fix the team vision issue when player switches tribes). Then naturally a Free For All game mode could be made possible (no totems) by player voting or general mode setup.
====
- Buildings - when destroyed could drop 50 - 75 % of permanent resources.
Example: Armory - 2 stone 1 flint; cauldron - 1 stone 1 flint; Tent - 1 wood; Tannery - 2 wood; firecamp - 1 stone 1 flint; Workshop 2 stone 1 wood ....
Idea is soft resources get destroyed, but some harder materials can still be used. Also if there is no inventor in a team some building materials can be reused.

- Ancient teleporters - really easy to destroy with 50 hitpoint and its very valuable for inventors. Add more hitpoints like a solid ancient stucture. Then if still destroyed they can drop some stone / small % chance for mana stone/crystal or gold/diamond. Inventors or their teams would tend to protect the portals.

Last edited:
Level 2
Inventor / Quests / Items

- Inventor - Learning ability:
Example: inventor has got a specific item (harpoons or quest reward) or recipe. This item now appears in his old inventions list. If he needs further items of this type (for tribe) he can choose to reproduce the recipe / or instead he can go for a random new invention. This will remove the reproducing of old invention recipes when not needed.
- feathers - Inventor can get lots feathers easily with a gun and has almost no use for them. Inventions can now require a parchment and a feather (similar to spellbook).

- Quests / items -
- piranha quest - random locations (can spawn near water ramps between islands, guarding water passages / or in salmon areas )
- frog quest - random location: both springs / or the 2 salmon areas - instead of always north (this way murlocs can be used on other islands)
- ring of resurrection - to be useable only once instead of unlimited. Also spirits should be able to use it.
- boats can be upgraded with engine (require invention) for increased speed / not use energy.
- boss trophies can appear as quest rewards and also indicator for what boss is present as in multiplayer there is no log of non-player messages (some specific boss sound on spawn can be played).
- iron pickaxe (iron is harder than bronze I guess). I noticed that some clubs are nearly as good as a pickaxe when used on stone mine, while their cooldown is much faster. Actually a pickaxe should be far more effective than a club when used on solid rock / stone buildings. Power hit does not stun units (tooltip incorrect).

- Cleave attack - (working for bronze/iron axes): warrior only while in berserker mode - 25% cleave;
- Gautlets cleave - All classes
Fur gauntlets: +15% cleave; Leather gauntlets: +25% cleave; Gauntlets of fury: additional +15% cleave.
A warrior in berserker mode with leather gauntlets of fury will have total of 65% cleave when using sharp axes. This way he can have better chance against mass animals. (Not sure if cleave is realistic for blunt weapons).

- Clothes -
Leather coats / Boots / Gloves can also provide some small heat - say equal to that of those made of rabbit furs. (Leather clothes are still warmer than naked)
- Wind resistance -
All coats can provide additional 25% resist to storm. Lined coat / scale +15 % = total 40%
Boots/gloves +10%; lined boots/gloves +10% = total 20% resistance to storm (lose less health).

Last edited:
Level 2
Merchant / Animals

- Merchant (center) - animal resources that were sold by players (skins, feathers, shells, items...) will go to the old merchant (auction) and can later be bought (only from center) for say x4 item price (20 gold for a bear fur) or even higher. This way sold things are not lost; players will be careful what they sell / keep track of what is sold. Trade agreement allows tribes to only see in their own shops what is available in center auction. (Basic resources will not be shown as they are always available in player shops). This way players can even complete some of the quests (the high price will compensate the item reward). While players go to the center to buy the resources some battles may also occur there.
- Animals -
- Small animals and birds - can have increased evasion by lvl- 10/20/30%; +some panic ability that triggers when players near or if attacked: sprint / escape mechanic should trigger larger perimeter (escape distance) around initial location and longer time before return. This can prevent birds / animals of staying in place while attacked or return after a few seconds. Players will also have to use additional tools to effectively hunt, rather than just chasing with normal axe or dagger.
- Aligators - when immersed in water and moving slowly - become periodically invisible (like sabretooth), so they have to be detected . Once they start moving fast or step on shore they become visible. Also small chance for byte can be added to older aligators (lvl 3, 4). All this will make them attack surprisingly and be really dangerous /actually they hunt this way in nature/.
This will make players be more cautious / use torch / detect.

Level 2
Weather effects / Lightning / Jungle

- naturally occuring weather - add variations in duration (small chance for long periods of rain/storm/snow like a day, day and night).
Variations in weather combinations (small chance of naturally occuring mixed weather like wind and rain / wind and snow.) Also the weather messages can reflect a forecast of the duration to warn players.
- natural weather should be independent of player casts -
Example: When weather is clear players can cast a rain. Then while it rains there is still a chance natural weather to occur (add snow or wind to the rain).
- storms currently damage birds all around the map (2 or 3 consecutive storms kill most smaller birds i guess). Some resistance of birds could fix this.
-Lightning - can be used as special effect when a totem is destroyed / ancient teleporter is destroyed or below some hitpoints.
Also it could have % chance to give some xp to player (lvlup) / transform lv 3 animal to elder beast instead of only damage every time.
-Jungle - tree line around each animal lair could be added more variation (randomization of add/remove particular trees). When raining tree/bush sapling can spawn around similar to herbs/berry.
Randomizing the jungle further at game start would significantly improve the map.

Although bringing all those jungle parchmentz at once makes it quite a long post, probably some of it may come useful to developer team.
Keep up.
All the best :psmile:

Level 11
Oh, these are some very useful bug reports and suggestions!
In the next few days I'll try to implement some of them and to give you the detailed answer you deserve ^^
I want to soon finalize and publish version 5.6 - it is much more stable and better working than 5.5 and I don't think it would be appropriate to make any more large scale changes for now, but there are some tricky small improvements that might require some more testing.

Level 11
- Upgraded shop - dissappears if cancelled while building (inventor pack skill) / also shop kit cannot be automatically upgraded when in inventory by adding trade agreement.
I give up. Everything seems fine, but there is such a bug indeed.

- Imperial crab - cant be raised, only river crab for 1 chitin. Then it drops 2 chitin as if it was imperial.
- Starting item choice - dissappears if players dont choose before timer expires. Random option should be available and set as default so the item is not lost.
Fixed (but Imperial crab still will not be raised).

- Tome of xp (quest) - if taken by a murloc/ghoul/animal results in critical error (probably normal).
Fixing this leads to the possibility of gaining limited additional levels for murlocs / raised trolls. This way if you use them to complete some quests and give them the tomes of xp they can get more powerful. Each new lvl providing them +1 inventory slot, additional hitpoints (25-40 per lvl) and maybe some additional ability. Tomes of wisdom (from merchant) cant be picked by murloc / ghoul.
This is possible, but it requires some needlessly complicated systems.
Fixed the simple way - it is now an item which can me taken only by hero or transport. If used by hero, gives 200 XP to troll.

- Stone walls - if inventor takes a 2000 hitpoint stone mine for few hours to say 15 stone he can then place it as 300 hitpoint stone walls on half the map. This makes 4500 hitpoint walls and also very wide map vision for free (vision should be melee for walls). Also collision size is very large (2 walls block most passages).
To fix this the cost of wall kits should be 2 or 3 stone. Option to fortify walls by adding stones (2 or 3 levels as the towers) would be useful for strategic locations (near totem). This way you can have stronger and weaker walls.
There are already stronger and weaker walls - actually walls and wooden barrels.
But you are right. Walls hit points have been reduced to 200 and sight range is shorter.

- hit sound - all mines / walls / stone buildings sound a bit hollow as if normal building (could be changed to stone hit).
Not sure if I can fix this. Or just too sleepy at the moment.

- birds - when attacked from ground birds tend to return and stay in 1 place above player (the AI makes it retaliate as if to air target). Bird AI works well against air units though. In order to fix this i gues either an ability (hawk swoop), ground attack or panic (escape) ability would improve birds.
The reason is my fix to the stupid reaction of the AI, which is quite simple: attacked animal has a chance to forcefully retailiate. So thank you, I removed this chance when attacked unit is flying - this should fix the problem.

- Resources and buildings - should cost run energy if carry alot of them (5 stones, building kits...)
It could be done, but this won't contribute to the gameplay, it would only make the game harder. I would rather even increase energy pool or decrease fatigue, so trolls won't have to sleep too often.

I'm ready with this part of the job. More - in a few days.
Version 5.6 test 10 has been uploaded.

Level 1
Fatal Error

As many others received fatal error less than 5 mins into the gameplay.

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS VIOLATION) at
0023:6F155EAD

The Instruction at '0x6F155EAD' referenced memory at
'0x00000070'.
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application.

(I should clarify that this is playing the Version 5.6 test 10)

Last edited:
Level 11
This message doesn't help me :(
It may be helpful if you remember what was your last action - or some other player's action. There must be a reason - something done under specific conditions. For example, long time ago there was an unpredictable reason for critical error: when you throw a net to someone under the effects of Molotov, the game crashed. As it turned, it was a "built in" Warcraft 3 bug and I had to replace the ability causing it.
Of course I couldn't know there is such stupid bug - someone told me.