• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 4
Error as attached

Fatal Error
The instruction at 0x6F4317D1 referenced memory at 0x00000020
the memory could not be read

Attachments

• error JTR 5.5.png
    error JTR 5.5.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 360
Level 4
glitch, pressing C or trying to use crafting freezes screen and stops game, i am using mac version btw.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi Dude

How are you doing Gadina? ;)
i see that you are busy...

i am back in War3 editor, i am learning Jass and VJass right now...
from my first experience Gui is very very coding ineficient compared to Jass, you can detect it only when you convert the trigger to the "custom text" wich show the actual code.
i am still beginner but Jass is really amazing, i hope to be able to learn it soon doing some training coding project map....

when i completed mastering it, maybe i will try to clean JTR trigger and increase it efficiency and speed using Jass.
also not only the trigger take 75% less line in Jass but it probably gain 50% speed and efficiency and remove better lag and leak, so it might improve map speed, reducing lag by 10% and allow new actions and conditions that are impossible to do in Gui.

anyway it will probably take quite some time, but good job on your update and keep up the good work ;)
if you can you should try to experiment some Jass learning ^^
it is not as hard as what i though and programing Jass is faster than using Gui, less code line. (typing is faster than clicking all submenu for each line)

if you have some recent version of the map maybe i will check the code since i don't remember them anymore but i won't be able to work on it...

well good day :)

Level 4
forget mac glitch, i using cross over anyways, this game is perfect all need is way to separate, gear inventory from item inventory, and better combat system.

btw suggestion when making quest can you give vision of where quest person or item is?
-or make it so if u type -ping Q it pings where quest objective or item or mob is on map, and give dialogue of what to do again.

-alot of times you forget where it is, esp when you busy

Level 11
Alain! I'm happy to see you. Welcome back :)
I'm glad you are improving your programming skills, because, you know, this is not my strong side. I can still do some good improvements, but all the time I stumble upon some old bugs or Wc3 problems.
Anyway, the game is running quite good and (almost) stable. And I'm happy with the gameplay progress, because I finally figured out how to balance the early game stage and victory conditions (totem), the armors, some other small things which players do not require nor suggest, because they don't know they needed them : ))
I'll send you the unprotected version and some other technical details.

co_oki, please tell me more about that crash. For me it's fine - I'm crafting with "C", running around, using items etc. But I still haven't played 5.5 test 08 in a multiplayer game. I had another report though about a crash occurring after 5-6 minutes of playing.
This version shouldn't have problems, but I have made some small changes in armor crafting, so I could have forgotten something. Just bring me some more details please - with which character, which crafting etc.
The quest pinging was removed some time ago, because it was based on a function which is causing serious game desync problems (get local player). We should think about reworking it, so only one player would get the notification and unstable functions wouldn't be used.
I have added the server to the game site. When I have the time to register or regain my old registration, I will upload some more screenshots to make it more clear.

And the other good news - yes, the game was translated in Chinese by PYgui_ForesT!
Later I should try to get along with the links he gave me and make a banner on the official site. Well, sometimes I miss my ex-girlfriend - a Chinese speaking philologist - by reasons which I didn't expect : ))))

Level 4
I used wc3 Mac version, every time i use crafting (clicking or using C), games freezes, the crashes, ONLY IN MAC VERSION, works perfectly on windows version, it didn't matter the class, i used all except inventor with same outcome, and only character crafting was affected.

i used crossover and played Windows version, and it worked perfectly, the bug report was too long and confusing for me to send, and i think had to do with mac file support. will see of i can simplify it

Level 4
Alain! I'm happy to see you. Welcome back :)
I'm glad you are improving your programming skills, because, you know, this is not my strong side. I can still do some good improvements, but all the time I stumble upon some old bugs or Wc3 problems.
Anyway, the game is running quite good and (almost) stable. And I'm happy with the gameplay progress, because I finally figured out how to balance the early game stage and victory conditions (totem), the armors, some other small things which players do not require nor suggest, because they don't know they needed them : ))
I'll send you the unprotected version and some other technical details.

co_oki, please tell me more about that crash. For me it's fine - I'm crafting with "C", running around, using items etc. But I still haven't played 5.5 test 08 in a multiplayer game. I had another report though about a crash occurring after 5-6 minutes of playing.
This version shouldn't have problems, but I have made some small changes in armor crafting, so I could have forgotten something. Just bring me some more details please - with which character, which crafting etc.
The quest pinging was removed some time ago, because it was based on a function which is causing serious game desync problems (get local player). We should think about reworking it, so only one player would get the notification and unstable functions wouldn't be used.
I have added the server to the game site. When I have the time to register or regain my old registration, I will upload some more screenshots to make it more clear.

And the other good news - yes, the game was translated in Chinese by PYgui_ForesT!
Later I should try to get along with the links he gave me and make a banner on the official site. Well, sometimes I miss my ex-girlfriend - a Chinese speaking philologist - by reasons which I didn't expect : ))))

The game works fine without crash even 2 hours of playing, just start lagging when the mid of the monsters keep spawning. And the game not "really" smooth even i hosting. It makes me dizzy after 2hours of gameplay.
Anyway its much better than 5.4 spike-lag all the time.

Level 4
i DONT LIKE 5.5 test 10, WHY did u get rid of bone amour, i understand if u said fur amour needs to be reduced, but why get rid of bone amour

WHY get rid of heat on "fur" amour.....?WTF

and the ingredients on the amour is even weird, horn??

can you change it back, if you want to make an amour that returns damage just make a different amour, don't take away bone amour, and second, bone amour too strong compared to the other amour, why even bother making the other amour (makes iron amour useless), if u can make bone, and the ingredient for that bone amour even less hard to find.

please just return it back to normal, if u want to make new amour, make it, don't replace bone.

and giving the ability to make a strong item like that w/ out building is a little op.

Level 3
This is one of my absolute favorite maps! The only thing that could be improved would be for the host to be able to choose whether or not the old troll should be there (or at least talk all the time) because sometimes you just want to survive and be a troll, not wage war and complete quests. Oh and the addition of a female class (I think I mentioned this earlier sometime, can't remember) just for that village-y feel. It's a troll village, not Village People.

Level 11
co_oki, what I have removed is only a stage into constructing metal armors, because I considered they should be cheaper (for balance reasons). But in order to keep the bone armor and to finally give the Warrior some unique crafting, I made the new bone armor. But why do you think it is overpowered? If you compare stats and price, you will see that it actually gives weaker melee protection than leather and metal armors and weaker penetration protection than tortoise armor. It's only gain is the bonus to Combat Leap and the funny bonus for damage return, which isn't quite useful against trolls (or against anything, if you think about it, because it is a survival game where is much more important to stay alive than hurt the enemy).

Zartyzzo, thank you a lot :)
Maybe you are right about the old troll, but I'd maybe rather make an option to lead a war against him and kill him, so he could finally stfu : ))
But I won't have the time to do it for this version.
As for female versions of the existing classes or a female class - this is an old and golden idea, still didn't find the time for it.

But! The good news!
In a few minutes I'll upload to the game site another test version - test 11, now with an amazing visual improvement of troll weapons by ElloElloEllo. You'll see ;)
Enjoy.

Level 4
i see where you going with it,....you do what u think is best

idea : could you give vision of area quest are at, e.g frog quest when it begins can you give permanent vision of frog?

Idea : would be realistic if metal amour slowed you down like (-5% movement speed or someting, or took away energy -20 mana)

Idea : i if your near tent, wet debuff is removed, or ability to enter tent or "house" to avoid rain, and cold
and when you enter tent you gain like +1 heat, and removes wet

new quest idea: zombie attack, or invasion of some kind, units spawn and target players or attacks players camp
(i feel like only thing that can attack you is other players, if u don't venture out, you have nothing to worry if players not attacking)

Idea : would be nice if froll in middle of map,attacked players (targeted and attacked) once in while

Idea : ability to to get small vision of enemy fire (if on), if you close by (u can see smoke from fire, idea)

Idea : deer and pig should wander around map, not just stay in one spot

idea : tannery should require 1 pig leather, or just require rope instead, (sometimes you have to wander half of map for pig)

Idea : reduce the amount of pets and zombie pets a player can have

idea : except hawk, remove ability for hunter to have vision of their pet

***changing inventory slot 1 and 2 to hotkey to E R (if possible) would be nice, so you can use Q W E R hot keys to fight
or (tab)QWER, would make combat wayyy more fun, as long as all ur combat skills were QWER or (tab)QWER

--making Q(1st inv slot) E(2nd inv) E(first combat skill) R(2nd combat skill)

Idea : fire not going out when is it raining, or ability to make anti rain fire (fire that is covered up).

idea: watch tower gives large vision of an area

Idea : tinder hard to find sometimes, make it a bit easier

Idea: inventory system, shouldn't be hard to make if you ask for help, maybe tkok inventory (not the equipment), but items

Idea: ability to choose 1st, and 2nd combat skill, Q W

Random suggestions.......

ever thought about making twitter account?

Last edited:
Level 4
need to start working on making game-play fun, instead of realistic, building and surviving is all good fun, but game-play is what brings people back.

you need to make game a little more action oriented

e.g give ability for hunter to make poison frog look like normal frog, so he sends it into enemy base and they all get poison

or place coin coin on mines, so when enemy tries to pick BAM

award xp for kills, even if trolls not close by

let trolls keep weapons and amour when they die
(or make thing in witch doc hut that makes em soul bound(u keep even if u die))

create area's for people to compete over for resources,

passive animals wander around map, instead of staying in one spot, but leave foot prints so u can track em, makes game more action oriented

I would not take these idea's very seriously, they just random idea's, which sometimes seems like a bad idea later on :D
except inventory thing

Last edited:

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi co_oki
iam happy you like a lot the map,
Gadina spent a lot of time on it and keeping it alive... i did spent also quite some time to try to improve the triggers.
i cannot answer for all, Gadina will choose what's best to do, but i will try to give my own opinion on some of the subject you shared...

Idea : would be realistic if metal amour slowed you down like (-5% movement speed or someting, or took away energy -20 mana)
well, balance is allways complicated, and i hope we can work out some cool stuff to make the game more action oriented and easy to understand (crafting) but in keeping the survival, the complexity and interest of the system.
i think alike you about the armor so in a far update it could be implented if all craft and balancing allows it.

Idea : i if your near tent, wet debuff is removed, or ability to enter tent or "house" to avoid rain, and cold
and when you enter tent you gain like +1 heat, and removes wet
Well that would be pretty cool to be able to enter the tent, it was possible in some older version, i don't know if we will reimplant it, but if we can find a way to do it wich won't disturb the game or the trigger, i would gladly welcome the idea.
[inside tent= heat increase like at day and wet is removed, maybe even possible to sleep inside getting mana regen]

new quest idea: zombie attack, or invasion of some kind, units spawn and target players or attacks players camp
(i feel like only thing that can attack you is other players, if u don't venture out, you have nothing to worry if players not attacking)
Idea : would be nice if froll in middle of map,attacked players (targeted and attacked) once in while
i think it would be nice, and froll are there exactly to do that... i am sure in some later version some Froll raider will roam the jungle in search of troll's scalp, but the next version won't get it, you have to be a little more patient.

Idea : ability to to get small vision of enemy fire (if on), if you close by (u can see smoke from fire, idea)
hum, well see the fire smoke from a distance would really be great. i would love to see that. but i admit that it might not be that easy to implement, many parameter are involved: i can see maybe some way to do it but not sure if it would work well (first i would like to prevent lag, and make the game very stable) but if possible that would be cool to add that.

Idea : deer and pig should wander around map, not just stay in one spot
yes, i also agree on that. but to make that possible, i have first to clean up all the trigger of the map (map is huge and instable in editor). when it will be done i will work on implementing a system for animal behaviours, i hope to make it realistic and fluid. (not for soon, but will be definitly added)

idea : tannery should require 1 pig leather, or just require rope instead, (sometimes you have to wander half of map for pig)
well, this should be solved in a later update, there will be some change and big workout after this update is release (5.5) so enjoy 5.5 it will soon be released and wait for amazing change in a later version.

Idea : reduce the amount of pets and zombie pets a player can have
this will be discussed with Gadina, i don't have much experience in multi so i don't know about abuse, but if needed a limit will definitly be implented in other version.

***changing inventory slot 1 and 2 to hotkey to E R (if possible) would be nice, so you can use Q W E R hot keys to fight
or (tab)QWER, would make combat wayyy more fun, as long as all ur combat skills were QWER or (tab)QWER

--making Q(1st inv slot) E(2nd inv) E(first combat skill) R(2nd combat skill)
actually ability can have hotkey, and items too, but the problem is that i am not sure unit slot inventory can have hotkey, so the cooked meat could be Q but the item in slot 1 probably won't. i don't see a way around this... (maybe using Jass and linking hotkey to forced action in unit slot but that could be annoying if press the wrong key by mistake)
i don't think this will be done for item slots.

Idea : fire not going out when is it raining, or ability to make anti rain fire (fire that is covered up).
well the cool thing is that fire goes out when it rain. if you use oil the fire can keep working even in rain.

Idea: inventory system, shouldn't be hard to make if you ask for help, maybe tkok inventory (not the equipment), but items
yes i like tkok, but it is not possible to do the same here, also the inventory is way too big (imba), but in JTR the equipment system will definitly be implented [it will be possible to equip weapon, armor, boots, gloves, etc.. so there will be more room for items]

Idea: ability to choose 1st, and 2nd combat skill, Q W
well what i would love to do is giving choice to player for how to develop his troll, wich mean giving a special bonus or ability to choose from.
either choose like normal hero, ability at level, or something more like fallout1-2 to choose a special perk between 3 possible each x level (every 2 or 3 level) this way you could build your character differently depending on the need of the moment at each game.

sorry for answering so late.
Gadina is ultra busy with 5.5 update, and i am busy trying to move all JTR outside of WEU to enable complete restructuration, and complete JASS translation of trigger. it will take lot of time (1-2 month) but the map will speed up incredibly and many new thing will be able to be added.

about making the game more fun and action oriented you are right,
my problem is that i love realism and solo game, so i essentially work toward PvE and randomness, but i trust Gadina and all his friend to work out the PvP and tell me they disagree with my ideas, so we can balance PvE and PvP...
because of course JTR is a multiplayer game :p

Level 4
thank you for reply :D good luck, would really have liked the inventory hotkey, but if u cant that's cool

the point was so that you can have easy access to using weapons (e.g bow, gun etc), without clicking on weapon and then target every time.

if you could change inventory hotkeys to 1,2,3,4... instead of number pad 1,2,3,4.. i would be ok with that

idea: clicking on shield gives you shield stance, where you get slow movement, but reflect range and magic damage? or shield bash

other classes can wear mask, is that glitch?? is there any plans for head gear for other classes (e.g Iron helmet)

btw how about inventory system in gais retaliation orpg??
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gaias-retaliation-orpg-v1-1l-3-a-144066/?prev=mmr=6

Level 1
if you could change inventory hotkeys to 1,2,3,4... instead of number pad 1,2,3,4.. i would be ok with that

co_ki, If you want your hotkeys alinged with your inventory keys, you can use Warkeys to remap your controls for JTR. Its easy to use and can be de-/activated at any moment you wish to during the game, even deactivates automatically while typing messages.

Remapping inventory and numpad keys is not that easy since they are hardcoded to the keybindings, on the surface of the map editor you can only assign hotkeys for skills.

other classes can wear mask, is that glitch??

No, no glitch at all. Masks were always available to all classes, the changes in the models and use of attachments now only makes it visual what (core) items are being carried by the troll.

btw how about inventory system in gais retaliation orpg??

Most inventory systems are using Jass and different approaches on how items/skills are handled. Bare in mind thee map is currently only using GUI. With over 800 entinities of parent items and skills that have to be changed and reworked, it's not an small task, especially since there are limits to Warcraft.

A system would have to be customized/limited to a certain level to keep the current abilities. Of course there is the possibility to limit the inventory to passive items only like body armor, boots and gloves.
But that are songs of the future^^

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Well i am working on it....
probably by this week-end if lucky and no big bug arise. (22/23 12 12)
^^ christmass present :p

Level 4
Here is a crash i had in multilayer, i don't remember cause, if u wanna look at it

i also noted that the jungle trolls wiki is pretty low on info, if u could encourage people to write on it, would be nice :D

http://jungletrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Menu

Attachments

• 2012-12-19 21.18.12 Crash.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 85

ABM

ABM

Level 7
co_oki
i have no idea on what to do with your crash note, i don't work at microsoft company as a programmer...
i am just a normal war3 player who is good at using GUI and learn Vjass/ Jass.
the only way for me to fix a bug or crash is if i know exactly when this crash happen, while you are doing what...
then i can check the trigger involved and try myself many time to crash the game and see if it is fixed...
from that note there is nothing i can do i am afraid. :)

about the wikia, it was made by elo elo.
he is helping with animation and art, and is also doing the wikia info. he will probably update more so it should be better and better.
the most recent and important info are on the site anyway
(https://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls/)

Level 4
Using troll blood on voodoo doll crashes game, test ver 16

a warrior crashed too when trying to sell stuff at guy in middle 2x,

Last edited:
Level 4
If u want something to do next make ability for u to keep weapons and amour when u die, make a way for u to "ascend", which lets u keep weapons and amour when u die.
makes game more fun b/c if u attack and lose items, its gg no matter what (that's at least 30min of hard work), and gives more combat chances
---you could make it something u do for tribe in totem or trader in middle

you need something to encourage people to leave their base, maybe ping location of all totem, every 30min of game.

Idea: new quest 1 member of each tribe walks into circle of power near their island, and duals, when they reach 1hp they get auto to back to their base, winner gets item.

and terrain needs rework, i always thought it was "blah", it looks like the same textile over and over for every inch

and change bad-ass bone amour to reinforced bone amour, "bad-ass" sounds corny

and i came up with good story for trolls and frolls, i say make the frolls ex slaves of trolls who broke away after the civil war began, and now are sacrificing trolls to sea witch for revenge, and the animal bosses, are animal aspects, of (spirit) gods, the trolls worship. change merchant in middle model to goblin, and make him a guy trying to make money off the war. and make old troll an old hermit, (replace with wc3 witchdoctor model).

ABM

ABM

Level 7
well lot of interesting ideas... :)

about bug i cannot do much for now, i tranfered the map to Gadina and he is the one, doing test and bug fix.
i hope he can manage to fix all the annoying bugs.

Level 4
:D ty, btw instead of invite #, can you change it to -invite "color", hard to tell which color is which number since not all slots get filled, and people don't keep track of slots colors.

e.g -invite blue

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hum, well this can be made
the problem is number is 2 string xx
but color can be very varied: red, blue, teal, purple, yellow, orange, green, pink, grey, light blue, dark green, brown.
so color = 3 to 10 string i little bit more annoying to trigger and much longer to type for player with more chance of mistype and wrong spelling...

but i guess there is something i could do:
add to name of everyplayer the code number.
ex: A.Dominion change player 1 name to -01-A.Dominion
this way all player will be able to know wich number to type.
if i remember correctly there was a way to trigger change of player name in game.

about 5.5, it is almost released, finished reworking hawk swoop ability, fixed many minor bugs. Gadina is reworking tooltips, if all is fine tomorrow i will do last small change and then the map will be ready to release.

Level 1
Is StupidBot not working very well?
Yesterday it wasnt logged in.
Today it was logged in and in a game, but now it just stays in a channel.

Level 4
lol, u guys said u would release final ver a month ago, btw i would fix all bugs on test 25 and just upload it as 5.5, and just continue updates as 5.6

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Yep as Gadina says...
test 26 should be ok...25 was a bit rushed.
i would be happy to get finally a stable and working 5.5 final.

so i can work on the next stage and add more things.
maybe retrigger entirely the map to not need WEU anymore and be more stable and less heavy.

Level 4
There are few glitches in 26, first one i saw is that if plant kills you ur skull etc and ur spirit re-spawn in middle of map, (these might be because of bot...) but when timer was up for totem totem was made in middle of map, but still died, some items were not clickable.

there has been other things, i would ask people garena

ABM

ABM

Level 7
thanks co_oki for your report...

about plant that can be checked easily so i will look at the trigger.

about totem that a little bit more of a problem, i need more info.
which team was owning the totem? does other team totem worked fine?
does the team who had the glitch had totem kit froped on floor or in item inventory or was actually building it somewhere else?
what do you mean by died? did it self destructed or someone killed it?
does the team owning the totem was made of computers only?

what do you mean some item were not clickable? do you mean item drop on ground but because of the terrain shape, the item has half inside the floor and hoovering the mouse over it didn't activate a selection circle?

first one should be if there was a mistake in the trigger fixed easily, for the two other without full information it will be hard to find the cause.
also about item if it is as i described, there is not much to do except make the terrain more flat. (if you can tell in wich part it did happen i can try to rework a bit the area.

Level 4
well i know plant glitch, but some people were able to click items and didn't die from totem, host said it might be bot. so you have to ask people on garena. it is possible it was just bot. it happend to only certain people... so might not be glitch

i personally was unable to place fire down, i click camp kit but nothing happend

for totem i was a ghost when it happend so i stayed alive, but team mate died (again might be bot). he was also unable to click fire, but other team could click stuff

Level 4
this also from garena guy

jimmehdean (jimmehdean ) says (01:03):
26 should be fixed
weve been playing and no totem bug
but sometimes...
we cant place it
so we rehost
usually
or pass around til someone can place it

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Well the problem is i don't know how to fix a ghost or bot bug...
in normal test the map work fine,
i don't understand how the bot alter things wich create bugs...

i will try multiplayer test without bot...
but if problem come from bot i don't know whats going wrong...

EDIT
do you know if Ghost or bot somehow alter player setting such as team or position .
because if you die it means you team is empty...
oh i know maybe it is because the player is seen as a computer and not a player...
well actually i don't know, since i don't know how bot actually work.

but in my setting if player isn't playing or isn't a user, he don't get added to team.
this is the latest setting so this is maybe why it bug from 26.

Level 4
well i am not 100% sure my self, but u can always ask active players on garena, especially in weekends

Level 4
can you reduce price of totem locator?? to maybe 5 gold, and maybe increase mana reg of totem, and % for lighting to strike totem giving it 100+ energy when raining.

just trying to make fighting more fun late game :D, make it easy to find people and revive when attacking goes wrong

ABM

ABM

Level 7
well all balancing issue go through Gadina... :)
as myself i keep to the code issue or core gameplay.

but there is a visibility vote in voodoo merchant wich enable to give vision of all map, i think.

Level 2
I can only speak for myself, but the more I play test versions (27 so far) the more I get discouraged, though still haven't figure all new features.
Ofc, visuals improve and its good side of improvements (new meat and meat stacking, bushes, axes etc) - its undeniable, but for example, new death mode (implemented in test19) is my favorite personal dislike and further treating totem as ultra special item worries as well.
Imo, the only special things are troll and its soul. The rest, including troll equipment, is secondary. Setting a "wooden stick with voodoo shtick" as a requirement for troll existence is ridiculous. Perfect exaple is dropping only totem kit (instead of all equipment) when being caught by carnivorous plant.

Too bad there won't be 5.4a visuals+bugfixes version :( You've already made a mistake of putting too many updates to test versions. In terms of gameplay, moving from plain 5.4 to 5.5 would be groundbreaking already.

Level 11
co_oki, totem already has good enough regeneration and considering that trolls remains restore app. 50% of totem's mana, it is easy enough already.
Totems and trolls are already easy enough to find in late game, you don't need a reduced price of Soul Map (if this is what you mean).

Viei, I fully understand your concern about the totem victory condition, but the game needs a purpose. I presume you are playing in Single Player, but we must give some more competition to the Multiplayer games - and competition means some clear goal. Since killing all enemy trolls might be a long or even impossible task, we have to give players some other target.
Of course, we could choose another approach and make it point count game, but it wouldn't keep the spirit.
Still we have some plans for version 5.6 which should suit all players - two general game modes to be chosen:
- Tribe War, where tribes start with all basic buildings and Totem at fixed locations, with goal to be the last tribe with Totem, and
- Survival in the Jungle, where tribes start with only starting item and without totem, with goal every troll to survive the longer possible.
But as I said, this is in the future.
Just now I'd be more than happy if we release 5.5 as it is. The problem is we had to spend a lot of time in fixing recently created bugs. If you think we like that job, you are completely wrong. But we don't want to upload a non-working or exploitable version.
Still, we hope we'll soon be ready with a final 5.5.

Btw, there is test 28, which should be bug clean for Single Player. And for Multiplayer... test will show.

Level 4
Btw new idea, instead of you auto dying if totem die, why not just reveal all ur buildings and players on map if totem dies?

btw make the choice y/n spirit non-attakable,

i still think hunter and especially shaman pets are too op and there should be limit to them, especially now that shamy can get zombies at start of game thx to them able to make parchment, with little effort. a guy once killed me 14min in game with aligator and bear zombie, less than 14 min in game, didn't even have buildings, just totem, and more he killed more zombies he made, i say the least u could do is, decrease amount of scriptures at least per parch. also zombies creates competition for leathers for team mates. a limit to how many u can have WOULD BE NICE.

i once got 8 zombie bears, started with 2 but just revived every 1 that i killed on way to enemy, by time i got there had 8. just saying

*is it possible to make plant only eat you only if u attack it? or if you stay near it for long like (2 sec or 1.5 (u could just increase cast time of devour)). (good for especially when u solo, or have no team mates), also its annoying just to running around map and all of sudden u get trapped.

for tutorial, pressing esc stops the dialogue was wondering if u can remove that. newbies just keep spamming esc

also instead of action mode, just replace it with plenty mode (mass item spwn) instead of shop

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi Co_oki

for now hard to tell about shaman revival (maybe there will be a nerf to number of scripture from parchment...

in the new version 5.6 (months later from now)
there will be a Voodoo gauge for shaman, like the hunter and the Control gauge (hunter crafting mana) to get pet and tame beast...
so shaman won't be able to revive ton's of beast at game start...also the revival ritual will be performed on dead beast insted of use piece of skins,bones and meats.
there will be many change, in gameplay and game mechanics.

as for now, we are mainly trying hard to remove all possible bugs, to finally call a final 5.5
only then we will be able to start anew to work on 5.6 (wich might take long time to achieve)
maybe we will redo completly the terrain, depends on how gadina's feeling.
but we will definitly try to make things more fun more balanced and more random.
with ton's of achievements and skill bonus acquired with level up. new bosses and rare beast to hunt.

personally i play solo :)
so i would enjoy a lot developing much more the survival solo part.
but even so i have many ideas for the team class balance and change...
i really hope we can finally finish with the 5.5 ^^

Level 4
how about plant idea?

btw can you change axes so instead of dissembling axe to upgrade it, all u need is the extra item, like shield

e.g if u wana make bronze axe u just need stone axe and bronze bar
to make iron bronze axe and iron bar, so we dont have to dissemble to make better axes

same can be said for shaman spells, if u could make books through C (crafting) would be nice, so u dont have
to put things in hut 1 by 1. (also for anything else out there like that)

make -hints for noobs, just to teach how to play their class

and remove the Esc button skipping dialogue during tutorial.

Last edited:
Level 1
Even though the last version of this map seems to be a bit old I have just discovered it some days ago and it called my attention.

I've already seen some survival maps before but this one truly deserves congratulations. It gives plenty of freedom and options for the players which increases the replayability and makes it more chalanging. I particularly loved the tunning and finishing of the map, all the little things like the progress bars and the text messages that made me laugh a lot. Good work on that XD

However i could notice through some playing that the map has a considerable memory leak. The first time i noticed it was around night 10, the game suddently crashed for all players and an exception of no more available memory poped. In the second time the game leasted for almost five hours and this time i kept an eye on the allocated memory. It increased slowly but steady until the game started lagging and one of the players finally crashed. There must be a forgotten loop somewhere where the memory is not being correctly freed and this may be the source of the lagg people are complaining about. The map shouldnt lagg just by having many objects instantiated and imported resources so that i would highly encourage the use of some new models and icons to increase even more the looking of the game.

Besides a healthy memory leak that spoils gameplay after some time, this is a very funny and cool map and deserves to be played alot XD