• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

iWar Music System v1.4 By Moon_Assailant [finished?]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I made an integer variable that i have used so it will not seem like massing of actions.. something i learned from Deuterium. I also created a string variable so i can update that for each of my system updates if it is ever needed to update, and so i dont have to update the title of all the created Leaderboards. (LEADERBOARDS ARE JUST AN EXTRA!) So i made two parts to my system, It is very simple. First part i made is by using the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys. on the right arrow key press, it goes to the next song and will display the track # on your leaderboard, and on left arrow key press, it goes to the song before the one your at and will display the track # on your leaderboard. My other part is a little different, instead of pressing the right arrow key, you say "-N", and instead of pressing the left arrow key, you say "-B", right now this is my default part that is on. MusicVersion, All12Players and TrackBoard are just things i put in this to help me out with some things o_O but theyre also for your use. If the track gets to # 8001, it is set to track #1, and if the track gets to #0, it is set to track #8000. SYSTEM DOESNT START TILL FIRST ARROW KEY PRESS IF USING KEY VERSION, IF USING WORD VERSION, DOESNT START TILL ONE OF THE TWO PHRASES ARE SAID TO START THE TRIGGER. Just import your song, rename it if you want, make it a sound in the sound editor by right-clicking it, and click, use as sound. Then go to "setting tracks" (my recommended location) and setting the next track (#) to be the next song you want. You can change the songs that i already have set.
~IF YOU USE~
~PLEASE GIVE CREDITS~

only known bug that ive found so far.. Cant make it where everyone is listening to seperate music, and the sound doesnt blend in with the other sounds.

v1.1-v1.3 i am sry i do not have these.. i should have put the changes on hear when i first found out about them.. please dont be mad../ :)
v1.4 now all 12 players can play their own music without having hearing everyone elses music playing too.

Keywords:
music, playlist, create, music system, create music, create system, sound, listen, this, system, rules,
Contents

iWar Music System By Moon_Assailant (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 19:32, 17th Jun 2010 Hanky: Kinda too simple. Those triggers mostly look like cnp. Add more possibilities and documentation. After you have done that message me or one of the other...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

19:32, 17th Jun 2010
Hanky:
Kinda too simple. Those triggers mostly look like cnp. Add more possibilities and documentation. After you have done that message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Level 6
SPELL HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V1.2 DOESNT USE IMPORTS SO IT WILL NOT BE AS MASSIVE. i would also like to know if there is anything else wrong with my spell that might make it rejected.. i only need 1 person to answer o_O

*also, how do u make the game show an "image of yours" on the whole in-game screen?*

Level 17
Ok i just checked this... nothing special, but could be very buggy and have many problems.
This wouldn't allow each player to listen to each song separately (this needs some advanced coding to be adjusted) + you leak sounds.

No offense, but I can't believe you still have leaks in your spells! :s

Level 6
Ok i just checked this... nothing special, but could be very buggy and have many problems.
This wouldn't allow each player to listen to each song separately (this needs some advanced coding to be adjusted) + you leak sounds.

No offense, but I can't believe you still have leaks in your spells! :s
well i made this in about an hr or two. i modified it today. i rly need help on how to get it to where every1 doesnt hear the same sound. like if they only wanted to hear the sounds they want to hear from their music. how do i change it to that? and also, how do i make it where if theyre listening to someone elses music they have on, to where they only hear that.
SUMMED UP:
How can i make it where every1 is listening to seperate things, and yet, not be hearing each others music while theirs is playing, unless they are in another persons area.

Level 6
SPELL HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 1.3!! ADDED WHERE U CAN GO TO OTHER PEOPLES BASES AND LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC.. I STILL HAVE THAT BUG UP THERE, ITS SHOWN IN THE BUTTON UNDER THE DESCRIPTION.

Well that would require advance coding as I said, otherwise would bug and cause desyncs... but to help you, read a tutorial called GetLocalPlayer, must help :)
where can i find this tutorial?

Edit:
is this it?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/local-variables-34049/

GUESS THIS MEANS I GOTTA LEARN JASS.... UNLESS I ONLY NEED TO DO A FEW CUSTOM SCRIPTS. IM GONNA START LEARNING JASS..

What are the leaks in this system??

Last edited:
Level 6
It's in the tutorials section, and I said it's called GetLocalPlayer and not Local Variables!
And nevermind the leak part, you can't destroy the sounds since you need them throughout the whole game.
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT! jk :p ok.. well ill look into this tomorrow.. i gotta get some sleep. 12 year old brain can only do so much.. until their parents make them get off o_O

Level 7
Well on bugs section it says people can't listen to their own music but on chanellog and such says it's fixed just a fyi

I would test it but I'm on my itouch...( thinks )... If this is iwar maybe.. Nahh lol seems like a good system ( no clue, you should add the code here for those who are lazy or can't dwnload it) but Im gonna guess this will get approved with a 3/5 for useful

Good luck!

Level 10
You can change the volume for each sound for each player, i remember doing that solution after it being bugged (disc/desync) by the GetLocalPlayer() function, thanks to Deuterium ;p But then i encountered a problem with hashtables, which caused the whole thing to bug for some odd reason, i just gave up on it anyways, since most didnt like the idea as much... anyways hope any of this experience helps you.