• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Russia A Possible Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
A few weeks ago Russia created the "Father Of All Bombs" and said that it can annihilate any object to dust within very few seconds. Being that the US has the "Mother Of All Bombs", I'm guessing the US is in quite a pickel. Do you think Russia would ever launch their enterprise against any country any time soon? Do you think the US would be able to retaliate effectively and quickly?
~Craka_J

Who ever said the USA was our guardian angel anyway?

Level 17
Bomb the northpole to stop global warming

Watch them.

War is inevitable, imperfection is inherited, therefore we are all imperfect and we always will be. And the more we try to resolve that imperfection, new ones arise. Therefore, we will always be imperfect.

War is sparked by greed, lust, paranoia, and desire. Some of the imperfections that make us human.

Therefore, war will always continue as humans do.

And so far, mankinds solution to world peace is its solution to everything, global warming, world hunger, ozone layer diminishing.

"Just wait fer teh next generation to fix it!"

if there is one good thing that i remember,partially remember anyway, from the movie Matrix, it is this quote.
(not to mention agent Smith is cool)
Agent Smith :

"I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you aren’t actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague..."

we are doomed to live like that forever i guess.
we will always have the urge to kill and destroy then kill and destroy more stuff. isnt that the whole point of WC anyway.
there will never be peace in human race.

anyways sorry for being so gloomy on christmas. didnt mean it.
merry x-mas

Last edited:
Level 24
Ahahaha, it's still showing that there's one more page than there is. Anyways, beavers also change their environment to suit their needs. Also, in theory, it's possible that a spaceship propelled by clean nuclear explosions would be several many more times efficient than current aerospace technology. And TDB, don't be a dumbass, why the hell would bombing the north pole stop global warming? Coating Antarctica in non-reflective powder would be far more effective, as long as we're being complete dumbshits.

but beavers damming the water ways provide a living place for small vulnerable fish and other organisms which the fish feed on. and they dont pave everythng with concrete, which is pretty permenent. nor do they chop down trees like we do and they do not completely deplete resources like we normally do. farming doesnt count because we irrigate water and in my case, in Australia, the states are fighting over water sources.
the aborigines had a good thing going, living like nomads, foraging and stuff until the white people came to Australia along with smallpox, rats and pigs.

Also, no animal eat when they are not hungry. they might store it for later. thats why you dont see animals in the wild sitting on the couch with pizza. over 49% of adult australians are considered obese. I dont know what the figure is in america is but my point is that we live excessively

anyways how does a nuke revive the sun? isnt sun already like a massive reactor? what's a nuke going to do? hollywood is retarded

Level 24
Okay, but beaver dams stick a lake where there used to be a forest, or a wide plain. That drives out a lot of other creatures. And cities provide plenty of living space for birds and insects.

Anyways, away from tree-hugging hippies and back to Russia.

In Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Level 9
Well, the super powers as of today, in many opinions, is the USA and China. China really doesn't have that bad of technology, it far superiror to Russia's, and they have billions of soldiers. Yet, the USA surpases China in technology, with millions of soldiers. Russia is out of the picture now, which brings us a little off-topic (sorry). China and USA would never go to war, since they depend on each other so much in trade. China even said they'd help us in a nuclear war because we saved their asses from Japan. So if Russia, nuked us, we'd send our 50000000000 nukes at them, and so would China.
Taken into reality, Russia is the 3rd most strongest country in the world. Then China, then USA on top. Nobody can beat our airforce, even if they tried. Sure China has a large airforce, but it can't us on.
And angain with USA's technology. We are making Anti-Air/Missile LASERS and soon enough putting lasers on everything our military has to offer.
So, I don't consider Russia that much of a threat. I consider Walmart a threat! Lol.

Level 27
but beavers damming the water ways provide a living place for small vulnerable fish and other organisms which the fish feed on.
Humans make habitats too. Ever seen a shipwreck?
and they dont pave everythng with concrete, which is pretty permenent.
It's less permanent than rock.
nor do they chop down trees like we do
Are we still talking about beavers?
and they do not completely deplete resources like we normally do.
We have international laws about this, since it is of great concern.
farming doesnt count because we irrigate water and in my case, in Australia, the states are fighting over water sources.
No, it doesn't count because it goes against your point. :p
Also, no animal eat when they are not hungry. they might store it for later. thats why you dont see animals in the wild sitting on the couch with pizza. over 49% of adult australians are considered obese. I dont know what the figure is in america is but my point is that we live excessively
I don't think we are fat because we eat too much, rather I'm pretty sure it's because we eat the wrong things.

I'll give you that humans are in ways similar to viruses, but all animal have something in common with everything else. The fact is, humans are classified as intelligent. It's what makes us separate from all other life forms.
We are not unique for using tools, but we are unique for making tools. It's because of our intelligence.

...China even said they'd help us in a nuclear war because we saved their asses from Japan....

USA did save china's ass but that doesnt mean they like them.
i am a korean and USA did save korea's ass too but that doesnt mean i like them.

anyway, china will not help America in a nuclear war. it will be crazy.
since being so close to russia, if they were in a war, they will lose more than america does.
they will be the ones getting shot at.
no matter how weakened russia is, china will do all the losing.
China's growing economy could possibly plummet and they might have to rebuild everthing again.
america just send troops and nukes. thus pretty much all they have to worry about is deflecting occasional nukes from Russia because that's the logical move.
then again, having a war is not logical thinking

ps.
No, it doesn't count because it goes against your point. :p

what i was saying is, farming doesnt count as method of providing your own resources because it uses a lot of money and other equal, if not more, amount of resources.
thus it is using up resources like any other way

Are we still talking about beavers?

yes i was still talking about beavers. what i meant was that beavers do not cut trees down like we do. as in chopping down tens of thousands of trees per day.

Last edited:
Level 24
As far as I know, the Pentagon is working on sticking a laser on the front of a Boeing to shoot down ICBMs.

Level 9
I'll give you that humans are in ways similar to viruses, but all animal have something in common with everything else. The fact is, humans are classified as intelligent. It's what makes us separate from all other life forms.
We are not unique for using tools, but we are unique for making tools. It's because of our intelligence.
Hmmm, we are intellegent viruses:eekani:... All humans are aids!!! Attack of the clones!!! Ahhhhh!:week::weekani::wscrolleyes::wsad:
On-Topic:USA is the best, enough said. Just read my last post. :wgrin::razz:

Level 21
USA is specifically not the best for the reason of "USA is the best" syndrome which is slapped all over the states like some rash related to slaps....which the US should get alot of.

the US is just another country, has its good and bad parts, but most definately not the best.

As far as I know, the Pentagon is working on sticking a laser on the front of a Boeing to shoot down ICBMs.

i heard that too.
if they can do that, why dont they install that on the ground rather than on a plane. energy requirements will be immense not to mention the fuel required to fly the plane.
and why laser? wouldnt a small cheap HE missile deployed from a fighter do the same job an expensive, energy consuming laser? is there an unknown effect of laser that hasnt been mentioned? does it burn up the nuclear material in the missile?
also it is like a single shot like the Death Star (like ZAP!!!!) or does it fire in a sweeping motion(like ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!), destroying several missiles at once?

Level 27
what i was saying is, farming doesnt count as method of providing your own resources because it uses a lot of money and other equal, if not more, amount of resources.
thus it is using up resources like any other way
Money is not a natural resource that we have to worry about using up.
By your logic, all the plants on Earth are "using up" resources. Plants are themselves resources, using them usually results in recycling resources.
yes i was still talking about beavers. what i meant was that beavers do not cut trees down like we do. as in chopping down tens of thousands of trees per day.
No, but some logging is apparently illegal.

It's not like people don't notice that we are using resources. We understand that we should replace resources.

By your logic, all the plants on Earth are "using up" resources. Plants are themselves resources, using them usually results in recycling resources.
QUOTE]

of course they are using up resources.

however say an apple grew in the wild, it will take the needed amount of water and minerals from the soil purely to survive. the apple growing in a farm requires more water for these reasons
since they have been bred to be juicy not tough, they naturally require more water than the wild counterpart because they are weaker.
the plant is given more water than it needs by farmers so they will grow bigger and juicier so it will give more money
its then not only given water but chemical fertilisers which by overuse makes the soil acidity imbalanced and therefore ruining it. once all the minerals have been suckeed out of the soil and the soil too imbalanced for the crops to grow in, it is abandoned. the abandoned field is is too crap for any other things to be grown in except weeds.

anyways, enough with this ecosystem argument. we are here to talk about nukes and the russians

Level 27
however say an apple grew in the wild, it will take the needed amount of water and minerals from the soil purely to survive. the apple growing in a farm requires more water for these reasons
since they have been bred to be juicy not tough, they naturally require more water than the wild counterpart because they are weaker.
Aside from the differences between wild apples and "bred" apples being negligible, it uses more water, but it is then eaten or falls to the ground and rots. Either way, it ends up recycling the water.
its then not only given water but chemical fertilisers which by overuse makes the soil acidity imbalanced and therefore ruining it. once all the minerals have been suckeed out of the soil and the soil too imbalanced for the crops to grow in, it is abandoned. the abandoned field is is too crap for any other things to be grown in except weeds.
Well, if the farmer is a complete idiot, I suppose that's possible.
Its not like in movies where "everyone can make a difference".
Well, if there is anyone who can make a difference, who better than everyone?
Also, domino effect. My typing on these forum may affect 10 people to do something that they otherwise would not have done, which in turn may cause 100 other people to change.
Numerous inventors undoubtedly changed the world.

Aside from the differences between wild apples and "bred" apples being negligible, it uses more water, but it is then eaten or falls to the ground and rots. Either way, it ends up recycling the water.

Arghhh!! i dont care about the recycling bit!!! why cant you talk about nukes
of course the water is recycled. my point is that irrigation takes water away from a place and that damages the system.
although i am surprisingly entertained talking about farming and ecosystem, lets talk about nukes,
(#-o-) !!! NUKES NUKES NUKES !!! (-o-#)

and that problem with the page, Steel_Stallion? that problem haas been happening since like pg 23. Teh_Ephy noticed it first. its probably an error.
the fact is page 26 does not exist. you cant fix it for some reason. not that it matters much.
then again someone should report this. or do the mods check regularly?

and i think one of my comment started this argument. read a bit before to find out

and not everyone can make a differance.
its the work, or blunder, of few individual who make the differance.
Llike hitler,that bastard!
George W Bush, that bastard!
that korean guy who decided to disgrace korea by killing everyone, that bastard!
that guy who invented nukes(Einstein didnt invent nukes), that bastard!

And that guy who invented computer, god, whoever he is, i love him and i thank him in his grave!!!

Last edited:
Level 18
Putting a laser onto a boeing is horribly idiotic on so many, many levels. I seriously doubt anyone is really trying to do that.

An argument can be made for other animals making tools. Really, the most unarguable difference between humans and any other animal is that we have written language.

Level 34
First you need:
- A big powergenerator to produce that energy for the laser.
- Very powerful engines to counter the backfiring of the laser and still maintain airborne.
- A huge fuelstorage for all the fuel you need to get the brick airborne.
- The laser on it.

If I'm correct that would make the Boeing 10x heavier and 100x more ridicules.
That thing would NEVER even make it one metre of the runway.

they could just carry the pilot and the laser operators only. it wouldnt be that heavy. couple of really small nuclear reactor all lined up on the plane.
like this. @ represents reactors. ^ is the pathe of the laser and A is where it comes out.
/\ !
/=\A
____[@^]____
[____[@^]____]
[@^]
_[ ]_
[____]
hahaha looks dumb but it could work
then again, the plane will be a flying catstrophe waitng to happen
Q. does laser have a recoil. i thought it was just light?

Last edited:
Level 34
First it needs to power up, then aim and all those stuff, and-..

Argh just watch that C&C Tiberium Sun vid, it has a EMP cannon with recoil.
Enough proof.

Level 12
USA did save china's ass but that doesnt mean they like them.
i am a korean and USA did save korea's ass too but that doesnt mean i like them.
now dont go thinking that USA is some kind of saint for what they did in the Pacific War. The only reason they "saved" you was becouse of Pearl Harbor, which the japanese caused.

Therefore, the people that actually saved you were the japanese, since they were stupid enough to go to war with USA in the first place

now dont go thinking that USA is some kind of saint for what they did in the Pacific War. The only reason they "saved" you was becouse of Pearl Harbor, which the japanese caused.

Therefore, the people that actually saved you were the japanese, since they were stupid enough to go to war with USA in the first place

so the japanese save the koreans from the japanese. so i should be thanking the japanese that were "dumb" enough to go for Pearl Harbour?
the same japanese that occupied our land and treated us like dirt?
the same japanese who decided to rape and kill korean civilians during the war?
the same japanese that try to destroy our country and culture?
the same japanese that decided to use both korean military and civilian POW like guinea pigs in a biological weapon tests?

i am sorry for not sounding thankful to the japanese.
of course the US did what they did for their benefit.
of course it's history and stuff and that it is in the past. i am not blaming the japanese at all. i do not hate the japanese or anything. i think the present country is great. they make great stuff. but i dont think i am ready to thank them for their stupidity.
did the jews thank hitler for deciding to invade russia?

It seems you all fail to understand the concept of a laser that brings down nuclear warheads.

is it just distrupting the laser guided war head? if it is, that aint hard. i thought the lasers were for destroying the actual missiles

hey TDB! which ones the right video. there is so many on youtube. whats a emp cannon? isnt emp like pulse. how would you fire it?

Level 12
so the japanese save the koreans from the japanese. so i should be thanking the japanese that were "dumb" enough to go for Pearl Harbour? Yes?
the same japanese that occupied our land and treated us like dirt?Did i say that? No?
the same japanese who decided to rape and kill korean civilians during the war? Did i say that? No?
the same japanese that try to destroy our country and culture? Did i say that? No?
the same japanese that decided to use both korean military and civilian POW like guinea pigs in a biological weapon tests? Did i say that? No?

i am sorry for not sounding thankful to the japanese.
of course the US did what they did for their benefit.
of course it's history and stuff and that it is in the past. i am not blaming the japanese at all. i do not hate the japanese or anything. i think the present country is great. they make great stuff. but i dont think i am ready to thank them for their stupidity.
did the jews thank hitler for deciding to invade russia? Did i say that? No? But they should? Yes?
There are my answers to your questions. And all i said was that people should not see USA as some kind of Savior when it came to WW2. Yes, they were the main reason why the Axis States were defeated, but only becouse the Axis States were foolish enough to declare war against USA. Dont think i'm some ignorant bastard who thinks that the Axis and the Japanese Empire were the "good guys" in WW2.

Level 1

The US Constitution does NOT allow the US to enter into ANY war which is NOT provoked. US intelligence knew the Japs were on their way to the Hawaiian islands, many countries including Australia sent radio messages to the US warning them of the Jap's naval position and direction.

With the Pearl Harbor happening we had our excuse to enter the war.

Level 27
Not only that, but the US provoked Pearl Harbor.

But, don't take my word for it, read for yourself, straight from the Wikisource.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/McCollum_memorandum said:
9. It is not believed that in the present state of political opinion the United States government is capable of declaring war against Japan without more ado; and it is barely possible that vigorous action on our part might lead the Japanese to modify their attitude. Therefore, the following course of action is suggested:
  • A. Make an arrangement with Britain for the use of British bases in the Pacific, particularly Singapore.
  • B. Make an arrangement with Holland for the use of base facilities and acquisition of supplies in the Dutch East Indies.
  • C. Give all possible aid to the Chinese government of Chiang-Kai-Shek.
  • D. Send a division of long range heavy cruisers to the Orient, Philippines, or Singapore.
  • E. Send two divisions of submarines to the Orient.
  • F. Keep the main strength of the U.S. fleet now in the Pacific in the vicinity of the Hawaiian Islands.
  • G. Insist that the Dutch refuse to grant Japanese demands for undue economic concessions, particularly oil.
  • H. Completely embargo all U.S. trade with Japan, in collaboration with a similar embargo imposed by the British Empire.
10. If by these means Japan could be led to commit an overt act of war, so much the better. At all events we must be fully prepared to accept the threat of war.
And it is extremely likely that Roosevelt (current president at the time) was influenced by this memo.

Level 27
lol, wikipedia is the stupidest shit ever to use.
Did you see the images on the right? Check them word for word if you don't believe me. Just because everyone can edit it doesn't mean they do. The have experts for accuracy and admins for making sure idiots don't edit everything to be false.
EDIT: Oh, and they keep track of who edits it. *checks bottom of post*
most of its false, why do you think schools dont allow students to use it???
Let's not turn this into a debate about the problems and corruption of public schools.

Last edited:
Level 34
That page was made by a American, mostly Americans use the name ''Holland''
instead of the Netherlands.

B. Friendly and possibly allied government in control of the Dutch East Indies.

But he'd called us nice, I'm touched.

But erh.. We were talking about nukes and Russia, right?

Dont think i'm some ignorant bastard who thinks that the Axis and the Japanese Empire were the "good guys" in WW2.

i am really sorry if you were offended. (^_^;)
i wasnt implying that. sorry
i was just peeved that someone would even suggest i thank the japanese even with their war atrocity that's all

and on the subject of Wikipedia, i got 7/20 on my history essay for refering to wikipedia .
and yet the next week, the same teacher gave the class a referance material 100% ripped off from wikipedia.

also note, when somebody edits a page with bs info, the page usually gets deleted the next day.

Level 2
The McCollum Memorandum, detailing the plan to provoke Japan into attacking the United States, has been known to WWII historians since it was published in Robert Stinnett's 1980 book "Day of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor." It is also common knowledge among historians that FDR had long been attacking German ships in the Atlantic in an attempt to get Germany to declare war on the United States. Whether Wikipedia is credible is immaterial, the history is not a secret.

Similarly it is well-known that at Yalta, the United States agreed with the Soviet Union that ninety days after the close of the war in Europe, America and the Soviets would jointly invade Japan and partition Japan as Germany had been divided. But as Soviet troops were loading onto their ships in Manchuria to invade Japan from the west, Truman dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to end the war before Soviet troop ships could reach Japan and prevent Soviet involvement in post-war Japan.

Just because you don't know American history except from the nonsense peddled in public schools (which is mostly a review of newspaper headlines and virtually nothing about the successful schemes hatched behind the scenes) does not mean that others don't. The information is available for those who want to know the realities of what American governments have done and do. It's just not available in public schools or in the mainstream media.

Level 9
America fears Russian Nukes,
Russia fears American Nukes,
But both nations dont want to discard their nuclear weapons...

Its not going to end in a good way...

I am expecting the WW3 very soon... maybe in 10 years
Meh, if there is a WW3 (it is inevitable) it sure wont be between Russia and the States. China, however, or the Middle East, well that's a possibility.

thats ironic, i made a WW3 Map set in the year 2026 between China and the USA, and Russia is also involved.

Level 12
why the hell would The States be attacked by China? USA "saved" Chinas ass in WW2 when they were getting pwned by Japan.

My guess would be that WW3 will not at first involve USA, but they will be dragged into it later on. It has been the same the first 2 times, and i dont really see them as a country that would do such a thing.

Level 36
Notice how China is Communist and America is democratic? These things matter.

USSR helped end WWII, and then look at the Cold War that followed.

North Korea seems most likely though, because, unlike China, they are openly hostile, what with the testing of the nukes and things.

Status
Not open for further replies.