• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illegally watching TV series online? FBI is watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I really laughed at this.

This is what you get when you try to go into Megavideo:
Megavideo.jpg

Sure are a lot of illegal scumbag conspiracies!

(and yes, I am sarcastic)

I still haven't figured if this is a big joke or serious stuff. That random german (is it?) part in the picture, for example, doesn't fit in.

Level 22
Omg I was just posting about it in the sopa thread:

^ Pass or not pass the first victim is Megaupload. I saw on the news they were arresting the owner. I liked using it as it WAS the fastest dl speed from these and there is never (wait 15 minutes) because you dled several. Such sites that make you wait 15-30mins suck hard. I even dled MLP when the site was still alive from Megaupload services, I actually even had files on it, personal files related to a game, good I keep them on other places.

Level 34
I wonder how many people within the Department of Justice and the FBI watch pirated video.

Level 16
Haha, but there's a lot of money to make from amending bad copyright infriging pirates!

Also, I love how 'some people' act like they don't care because they 'never liked' or 'never used' Megaupload.

You guys do understand that sites like YouTube and Google could be indicted for most of the reasons evoked through the Megaupload case? I honestly think this should be taken with some seriousness, unless you simply don't care about the internet.

Level 27
You know, if SOPA passes, all the other countries in the world might just be motivated enough to actually do something about it. If you don't want your internet to be controlled by the US, then maybe you should lobby your government to break off their contracts with the US and start running their own DNS. It amazes me endlessly that everyone is A-okay with having their country's internet be America's bitch.

Level 16
Well, really, in the case of Megaupload, the apparent reason as to why the feds were able to shut it up is because it was a .com domain (.com and .org being under US jurisdiction) and the site had hundreds of servers in Virginia. Lobbying is actually disgusting, and it would be pure hypocrisy to start doing it after getting mad at the entertainment industries for doing it.

Level 22
You know, if SOPA passes, all the other countries in the world might just be motivated enough to actually do something about it. If you don't want your internet to be controlled by the US, then maybe you should lobby your government to break off their contracts with the US and start running their own DNS. It amazes me endlessly that everyone is A-okay with having their country's internet be America's bitch.

Hell... it'll happen. Srsly postponed = change a little and pass it, if it had been meant to be canceled it would ve been done by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.