• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't watch movies/series online!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
Hey, Hive. I'm in urgent need of help.

I didn't had any problems watching movies and series anywhere on the site, I didn't changed/installed/deleted anything on my laptop, and suddenly, the sites don't work. I tried on several sites and I still have the same 'error'. The subtitles work and I can hear the movie is playing but the screen is black.

Please help me. I am since then in a fight with my older brother cuz he thinks I did something on purpose so he can't watch the movies...

I hope this isn't illegal to ask.

Level 14
Hey, Hive. I'm in urgent need of help.

I didn't had any problems watching movies and series anywhere on the site, I didn't changed/installed/deleted anything on my laptop, and suddenly, the sites don't work. I tried on several sites and I still have the same 'error'. The subtitles work and I can hear the movie is playing but the screen is black.

Please help me. I am since then in a fight with my older brother cuz he thinks I did something on purpose so he can't watch the movies...

I hope this isn't illegal to ask.

I can see your thread so it maybe not illegal. Did you try?
- Refresh the page and check your browser's Extensions manager.
- Update your Adobe's Flash Media to latest version.
- Check parental restriction options in your browser and Firewall's internet manager.
- Check your internet speed.

Reactions: pyf
Level 50
For starters. which browser do you try to watch it in?
I use Google Chrome.

I can see your thread so it maybe not illegal. Did you try?
- Refresh the page and check your browser's Extensions manager.
- Update your Adobe's Flash Media to latest version.
- Check parental restriction options in your browser and Firewall's internet manager.
- Check your internet speed.
I just checked all those things. I have Adobe Flash Player, though the Chrome is blocking my flash player when I try to start the movie/series. I have option in the right corner to Allow Flash and I click on it and nothing happens. I went through the settings and everything is allowed considering the Flash player. Also not a single site is blocked in my settings.
I tried on Microsoft Edge browser and I was able to allow flash to run and I can watch it now but only in that browser. Not in chrome, though.

Level 22
Maybe it's an issue with the version of Chrome you are using? If your computer can handle HTML5 videos, maybe you could try using that instead. Good luck.

Level 22
Or just press the power button, most computers nowadays treat that as a shutdown instruction.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I use Google Chrome.

I just checked all those things. I have Adobe Flash Player, though the Chrome is blocking my flash player when I try to start the movie/series. I have option in the right corner to Allow Flash and I click on it and nothing happens. I went through the settings and everything is allowed considering the Flash player. Also not a single site is blocked in my settings.
I tried on Microsoft Edge browser and I was able to allow flash to run and I can watch it now but only in that browser. Not in chrome, though.
[...] I just realized I can't also watch some videos on youtube...
Do you still experience issues?

Level 50
Can you please link to some of the videos you can not watch on YouTube?

Also please visit this page with Chrome, and tell us if something appears as being unsupported (red square with exclamation mark):
YouTube - HTML5 Video Player
They were a simple videos. I could not remember what, but as I remember it was some funny video..:p

Nope, it shows it has everything supported.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I just realized I can't also watch some videos on youtube...
They were a simple videos. I could not remember what, but as I remember it was some funny video..:p
Please use your browser's history and provide the links. We can not really help you otherwise.

Could I solve it maybe by reinstalling the chrome?
You may reinstall Chrome over itself, but it should not be necessary imho, since I believe you fully restarted your computer, and the Google Update service should hopefully be working on your computer.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
No need to activate Flash to be able to view this imho

Works with MyPal (a mod / fork of Pale Moon for Windows XP, itself derived from Firefox)

youtube black mypal.jpg

Are you using any third-party extensions?
Have you tried to modify the hardware acceleration settings in Google Chrome?
Are your video drivers up to date?

Also, have you visited these pages already?
Problems playing videos - YouTube Help
Green screen in video player - YouTube Help

Level 50
No need to activate Flash to be able to view this imho

Works with MyPal (a mod / fork of Pale Moon for Windows XP, itself derived from Firefox)

View attachment 293363

Are you using any third-party extensions?
Have you tried to modify the hardware acceleration settings in Google Chrome?
Are your video drivers up to date?

Also, have you visited these pages already?
Problems playing videos - YouTube Help
Green screen in video player - YouTube Help
1. Nope.
2. I just went there and am looking to modify something.
3. I think yes.

I am just looking at those.

Status
Not open for further replies.