• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Gaias would have a sixth base class ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I think it should be human or elf, maybe even a dwarf, just to fit with the other classes more. Since the class is supposed to be a "commoner" and they're aren't too many trolls nor orcs, and as Zweb said, orcs seem to be almost like slaves and the one troll that is on the map is a wild creature with some knowledge over magic, or I guess that one troll merchant in the city that dosn't do anything. So, 2 Orcs in total (if you count the dead one) 2 Trolls, the boss and the merchant, but like 50+ humans and/or elves. Just trying to be on the logical path of a "commoner." Heroes can't be "heroes" without support of the public. Maybe if there was a outpost with orcs or trolls I would accept that little more but majority of the population is elf or human, hell, theres more dwarfs than orcs or trolls. (2 musketeers+the 15 wolf quest guy)

Inb4 someone suggest a naga.

Level 13
there's a few trolls, considering one is an oracle and you change your skills and stats with them, I'd say otherwise. If you want a nomad from a tribe or a distant land, go with a bloody troll lol, they have every reason behind them to be angry about the loss of their people and the effect the plague could have on them.

As for a troll/orc outpost, I'm fond of that idea.

No naga, not yet. Or vampires, or undead, or whatever the fuck. A troll or orc fits in with the community on a strange level, not all heroes have to have the support of the community, some have to prove themselves, they have to earn it. Someone isolated on the outside with a shit ton to prove and a strong anger to base their motive on sounds like an orc or troll to me, a tribal warrior.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Both orcs and dwarves can be considered commoners in the lore of Gaias. Although orcs are considered lower-chaste-beings in Ankhmaron, they are quite common in the eastern regions. Trolls, however, are pretty rare and will most likely not be a playable character.
So basicly, the sixth class (if I am going to implement it ... until now, I'm not really sure about it) will be human, elf, dwarf or orc. Most likely dwarf, because humans and elves are present already.

population wise, the order should be like this:
humans (65%) > elves (15%) > dwarves (10%) > orcs (6%) > trolls (3%) > other (1%)

Level 4
Now i really wonder what these others are o_O There are currently no others, will we see any gnome or kobold or kender? or maybe an illithid :eek: or an HALF-OGRE-ORC-HUMAN-ELF :O (from a spastic lineage)
I prefer to see more dwarves in 1.2, i remember that dragons would be there.
Dragons are mostly on mountains and dwarves are IN mountains. So basically we should see mountains before dragons. But to see dwarves first or dragons, it is about the way u go for mountains. So it is up to our editors. It is sure that we will see commoners before dragons. So commoners should be dwarves. But getting into mountain with having the problem that dragons will be flying around while ur getting into there then going out of it just to get to dragons again, is kinda long and weird way but can be approved by the story of that road.
But.. I would really appreciate to see some dwarves before dragons :/

Level 6
Let's see. Another dwarven suggestion, right out of Zwieb's suggestion of what he wanted to see. Some of the skills are obviously up-in-the-air, such as Dwarven Toss and Flashbang, and some might need minor adjustments, like Dwarven Marking, but the concept is key.

The basic premise of the Seeker is that he's left his home tribes, which are falling fast under the same plague and problems that the rest of Ankharmon suffer, to find a cure. In his quest, he has decided to help Myrtargas and the kingdom solve the problem on their end, so that he may bring the cure back to his people.

Anyway, you know the drill.

(Dwarven) Seeker (Or Pathfinder, or Pioneer, the term isn't the point.)

{Insert Cool Picture Here}

- A basic melee and AoE class
- Can evolve into Alchemist and Gunner
Skills: Skull Smash, Groundbreaking, Heavyhanded, Rum Splash, Wide Swing, Dwarven Marking, Dwarven Toss
Weapons: (1&2-Handed) Maces, Hammers, Axes
Armor Class: Mail
Misc: Effigy (Religious relics, often with some precious gems, that dwarves use to keep their faith while venturing far from home or above ground.)

The point of this class is to be an Area-of-Effect melee hero, and act as a secondary tank due to him having high Armor, and plenty of AoE damage to attract foes. Unlike a Sorceror, however, he has to be in the thick of the fight to deal his damage, and that's how he likes it. He may be a little bit of a drunkard, but, hey, Dwarves start drinking young and never quit.

(Spell names are just stuff I picked off the top of my head. Don't judge too harshly based on something completely changeable)

Skull Smash (Starter) - Deals 1.5x Attack Power to a target. Causes 1.5x more Threat than normal. (Physical)
Groundbreaking (Starter) - Smashes the ground immediately in front of the user (200 AoE in 35 degree arc, does not require targetting/auto-targets). Deals damage based on Str to everything within, and 1s stun to everything within. (Physical)
Heavyhanded (250 Gold) - Passive. The Dwarf swings his weapons with vigorous force, occasionally swinging so hard that the ground trembles. On 20% of attacks, deals 1/2 Strength damage in an area ~120 AoE around the user. (If the numbers need re-adjusting, base judgement on the concept. Perhaps 1/4 Str, or 15%, or whatever.)
Rum Splash (250 Gold) - Splashes a target with liquor. Deals very low damage, slows affected targets by 30% for 6s, and gives them an Alcohol debuff for this duration. (Likely Strength/5 damage, something very small. Alcohol debuff makes things take extra Fire Element damage.) (Physical)
Wide Swing (250 Gold) - The user swings around, striking all targets in a 360 degree radius for (Strength) damage. (Physical)
Flashbang (1000 Gold) - Tossing a vial into the air, all enemies in a 500 AoE radius from the user suffer minor damage, and are blinded (60% miss chance atop of normal evasion, 20% for bosses) for 8s. (Physical)
Dwarven Marking (Scroll-Outworld) - Strikes the target, marking them with a visible aura. Every time the dwarf strikes this target, it deals 3x the normal Threat. If the dwarf has not attacked the target in 3 seconds, the dwarf will automatically aim to attack that target. The debuff lasts for 20s.
Dwarven Toss (Scroll-Dungeon) - Tosses the target up to 200 units away, dealing (Strength) x4 damage to it. Also deals (Strength) x2 damage to all enemies in a 200 AoE from the landing spot. (Physical)

=================================
Class Change Quest
Created from the earth, and given back to the earth after death. The Dwarf's powers must lie within that same earth.
-Transported to a small'ish area, cave-styled background.
-Within are a number (10?) of rock-clusters, which can be attacked (they have a set amount of HP, perhaps 60 or 90 each?).
-Under these rock clusters are gems. There are a set number of gems (Ex. with 10 clusters, there could be 4 Topazes, 3 Sapphires, 2 Rubies, and 1 Diamond, etc.)
-These gems are randomized in location each time the zone spawns.
-Each gem has a different 'value' (Ex. Topaz = 1, sapphire = 3, Ruby = 6, Diamond = 10)
-To complete this quest, you must collect (18?) 'points' or value in gems.
-However, there are creatures in the cave that feast upon gems. I don't know enough D&D lore to know a name or type of creature that eats gems, outside of dragons and some serpents, but think small'ish, cave-dwelling things.
-There are ~15-20 of these creatures in the cave. They deal relatively low damage, but will often have enough numbers to swarm these rock clusters.
-If they find a gem (likely by destroying a rock cluster), they will attack and try to eat (destroy) it.
-If the Dwarf attacks a rock cluster being attacked by them, they will attack/target him. If the Dwarf attacks one of them, they will target him.
-The goal is to get enough gems before they are all eaten. Part of this comes down to toughness (tanking the critters). Part comes down to AoE defence (stuns and such). Part comes down to luck and perseverance in finding the gems. And a small part is damage, which helps break the rock clusters and kill the critters easier.

(Dwarven) Gunner (Or Gunman, or Engineer, the term isn't the point.)

- Advanced quasi-melee class
- Based on technological know-how to utilize guns, and the user's strength for power.
Skills: Reloard, Headshot, Rapidfire, Shrapnel Shot
Misc: Guns (Or Blunderbusses, or rifles, the term doesn't matter)

Gun-based skills, with some brute force thrown in for good measure. If the user does not have a gun, none of his Gunner skills will be usable.

Reload (5000 Gold) - Allows the user to attack at a 500 range, with a +60% Crit chance, for his next 3 attacks. 1s channelling cast-time to use, 15s duration, 10s cooldown.
Headshot (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Passive. Gives a 75% chance on every rifle shot to stun the target for 1s, and deal an extra (Agility) damage.(Physical)
Rapidfire (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Usable when Reload is active. Strikes the target for (Attack Power) x3 damage with the gun, but does not count as an attack-used. (Physical)
Shrapnel Shot (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Usable when Reload is active. The next attack from the rifle deals (Attack power) x2 damage to the main target, and also strikes all enemies in a 300 AoE from the target for (Attack power) damage from shrapnel explosions. (Physical)

(Dwarven) Alchemist

- Advanced melee class.
- Based on mass debuff skills, based around alchemical mixtures.
Skills: Corrosive Concoction, Blue Phoenixfire Brew, Tanglevine Potion, Petrification Potion
Misc: Effigy (Religious relics, often with some precious gems, that dwarves use to keep their faith while venturing far from home or above ground.)

Alchemical debuff-based skills. Not a healer, and not a true supporter. Debuffs on the enemies to help out the team.

Corrosive Concoction (5000 Gold) - Tossing a vial at a single target, deals (Attack Power)*3 damage over 10s. Every second, the target also suffers -1 armor as the acid eats away at them. The -armor lasts for 10s after. (Physical)
Blue Phoenixfire Brew (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Tossing a vial at an area (500 AoE, ground targetable) all enemies within the blaze suffer damage over time and Attack Damage penalties (relative to user's Int). The flames burn for 15s, and if an enemy moves outside of the area, the effects end. (Fire)
Tanglevine Potion (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Tossing a vial at an area (600 AoE, ground targetable), all enemies in the area are wrapped up by vines, suffering from -75% movespeed, -50% attackspeed, and taking minor damage over time. The effects last for 8s. (Physical)
Petrification Potion (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Tossing a vial at a target, it loses all Threat and becomes a stone statue with +999 armor and 100% resistances. The statue can be attacked, and has a 10% chance of shattering, causing instant-death, to the target. Not usable on bosses. (Physical)

Level 9
Why have I not realized all this final fantasy stuff before, but all good.

But in my opinion theres too many damage skills, and the gunners skills are a little overpowered, but thats my opinion. The reload at 60% is way to high, since thats adding on to the crit chance the dwarf already has.

The debuffs and effects of the potion seem to be too strong as well. These classes seem to deal a massive amount of damage, probably surpassing Assassins, Hunters, and Sorcerers dps.

I also think that an aoe attack so early in the game is a little powerful, but magicians have one, but its half damage to targets in a smaller range around the target, so im gonna guess overall less damage than this skill

Try to rethink the skills and swap out some damage skills for utility. Look at theif, if you class into assassin about the only damage skill it has is bladefury, otherwise its all either enhancements for a short time or effects that require specific elements to happen. Like stealth for the double damage you have to be behind the target and not be seen for the double damage. and backstab is less damage and you have to be behind the target. Even magician has 2 utility skills, Frost Cage, and Dispel. While I only see one utility skill, but after 3 seconds I don't want to attack that enemy. And the combination of Rum Splash plus Tanglevine Potion would give enemies 105% movement speed reduction, so they're moving at -5% speed? I read through and the only skills that dosn't have "damage" on it are reload (but that also give a shit ton of crit) and Dwarven Marking. I don't think im judging too harshly I'm just suggesting not "every" skill had to have damage on it.

Level 6
Why have I not realized all this final fantasy stuff before, but all good.

But in my opinion theres too many damage skills, and the gunners skills are a little overpowered, but thats my opinion. The reload at 60% is way to high, since thats adding on to the crit chance the dwarf already has.

The debuffs and effects of the potion seem to be too strong as well. These classes seem to deal a massive amount of damage, probably surpassing Assassins, Hunters, and Sorcerers dps.

I also think that an aoe attack so early in the game is a little powerful, but magicians have one, but its half damage to targets in a smaller range around the target, so im gonna guess overall less damage than this skill

Try to rethink the skills and swap out some damage skills for utility. Look at theif, if you class into assassin about the only damage skill it has is bladefury, otherwise its all either enhancements for a short time or effects that require specific elements to happen. Like stealth for the double damage you have to be behind the target and not be seen for the double damage. and backstab is less damage and you have to be behind the target. Even magician has 2 utility skills, Frost Cage, and Dispel. While I only see one utility skill, but after 3 seconds I don't want to attack that enemy. And the combination of Rum Splash plus Tanglevine Potion would give enemies 105% movement speed reduction, so they're moving at -5% speed? I read through and the only skills that dosn't have "damage" on it are reload (but that also give a shit ton of crit) and Dwarven Marking. I don't think im judging too harshly I'm just suggesting not "every" skill had to have damage on it.

As stated at the start, numbers and such are completely up in the air. And as for lots of damage skills, I'll point to Sorc's have 3 non-damage skills (Frost cage, dispel magic, and Drain mana), and if you remove the minor dmg from the Alchemy potions, you have much the same.

Hunters have Feline Reflexes, Eagle Eye, and Net (since Servant is, essentially, damage).

Really, if there are 'too many damage skills', Zwieb could easily remove the 'low damage' stuff from some of the skills, if he wishes.

Concepts are the post, not the numbers.

But thanks for the comments.

Level 13
Both orcs and dwarves can be considered commoners in the lore of Gaias. Although orcs are considered lower-chaste-beings in Ankhmaron, they are quite common in the eastern regions. Trolls, however, are pretty rare and will most likely not be a playable character.
So basicly, the sixth class (if I am going to implement it ... until now, I'm not really sure about it) will be human, elf, dwarf or orc. Most likely dwarf, because humans and elves are present already.

population wise, the order should be like this:
humans (65%) > elves (15%) > dwarves (10%) > orcs (6%) > trolls (3%) > other (1%)

Well that's what I was going for with the nomad idea, the troll, its tribe is dead, it has become a rarity.

An orc or dwarf does sound good though, but there aren't that many good dwarf models to choose from are there? save the hammer hero, which would be neat in the sense of bringing hammer weapons into the game as opposed to swords but I'd see that as more a slower two handed weapon or a mace like weapon for a crusader.

I like your idea landerz, I think that's a solid start towards dwarf lore, I would like to see the ranged dwarf turn into a more up front within agro holding range kind of thing though, give it 200-400 range, base it's skills around that, because massive crit/bash potential on a ranged hero just seems like sniper from dota. An aoe that could tehcnically 'whack' shit with its gun while reloading would be neat.

Level 9
Reposting my idea with different formulas and hopefully better wording with I hope a more detailed explantion of my ideas towards the styles of the class.

Nomad:
All his/her life (Zweb can decide) he/she has been roaming the different countries learning different styles of combat, but he/she has favored the infamous curses, which feeds off mainly the might of mind and partly off the body. His/her entire tribe was whipped out by the plague and comes to find a cure so others don't have to suffer like he/she has.

Weapons: Spears/Lances
Armor: Mail
Class Specific: Beaded Jewelry, reminds him/her of the dead tribe and gives him/her a reason to fight.
Main Attribute: Strength
Class Changes: Dragoon or Crusebearer

Spear Vs Lance: Spears are faster than a Lance but Lances give more Attackpower.

Dragoon: Continues the Nomads damage/off-tanking role and continues to use Beaded Jewelry. Will get a added boost to Strength and agility.
or
Cursebearer: Continues the debuffer role of the Nomad and uses Cursemarks which help with curses. Will get a boost to strength and intelligence.

Skills:
Northern Acid: The user summons an acid that eats at the enemy for (AttackpowerX1.25+spellpower) poison damage over 5 seconds but gives the enemy an immunity to the acid for 10 seconds afterwards. 10 Second Cooldown (initial)

Howl of Pain: (curse) Curses the enemy with a roar of anguish and anger that makes the enemy feel the mental pain of the caster decreasing their attack speed by 5% for 10 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown (initial)

Mark of the West: (curse) Decreases enemies armor by (spellpowerX.2+strengthX.1). Lasts for 10 seconds, with a 20 second cooldown. 250 gold.

Eastern Silence: (curse) The user speaks in a whisper that silences the target for 5 seconds, making them unable to cast spells. However, the enemy cannot be re-silenced for another 20 seconds. 10 second Cooldown. 250 gold.

Blunt Strike: Hits the enemey instantly over the head with your spear dealing (attackpowerX.5) damage and gives the enemy an added 10% to miss on an attack for 10 seconds. 20 second cooldown 250 gold.

No Remorse: When active, attackspeed is increased by 15% but halves armor. (toggle) 1000 gold.

Southern Charm: Decreases aggro produced by 10% for the next 30 seconds. 60 second cooldown. World Boss Drop

Tribal Wrath: Enchants the caster's weapon with magic then smites the target for (attackpowerX2+spellpower) depleteing the target of all its mana for 5 seconds, but after the 5 seconds the target regains all lost mana. 100 second cooldown. Dungeon Boss Drop.

Dragoon:
Spear Wall: When useing a Spear or Lance, Evasion is increased by 8% and a 5% to all resistances. (passive) 5000 gold.

Might: Gives the user 30% critical damage and 5% critical hit chance for 20 seconds. Cooldown 55 seconds. 7000 and 2 Mana Crystals

Powerful Sweep: The user slashes out with their weapon, with as much power as they can muster, hitting enemies in a 100 wide and 200 long Area of Effect infront of the user for (AttackpowerX2+agility). 25 second cooldown D4 boss drop

Unyielding Spirit: If the user falls below 50 health, the user regenerates 35% of the user's total Health. But the user takes 10% more damage and produces 30% more aggro for 10 seconds and Southern Charm cannot be activated while the debuff is present. Only Resets once you exit Combat. (toggle) High-Level World Boss Drop.

Cursebearer:
Curser: Increases duration of all curses by (spellpowerX.2) seconds. (Passive) 5000 gold.

Marked for Death: (curse) The target cannot be healed and takes damage equal to (damagedealtX[spellpowerX.01]) for 25 seconds. 40 second cooldown. 7000 and 2 Mana cystals

Overloaded: (curse) The target receives a 10% increase to attackpower, but takes 10% more damage for 20 seconds. Cooldown 35 seconds. D4 Boss drop

Forbidden Curse: (curse) Immbolizes the target for 10 seconds, dealing (spellpowerX.2) every second. 40 second cooldown. High level World Boss Drop. (immoblization dosn't work on bosses)

Summing up the Details
Curser: The cursebearer ha 50 sp all curses are prolonged for 10 seconds. To allow the Cursebearer fit into a debuffer role, a bard can keep cosntant buffs on party members so why cant debuffs be constantly on enemies? Ecspecially with tougher fights coming out.

Marked for Death: The cursebearer has 50 sp and the enemy hits a 100 on whoever, the enemy then takes 50 damage. So if you somehow got over 100 spellpower (might be possible idk) the enemy would take more damage then it does essentially adding a entirly new dps to the party.

Eastern Silence: This should work on all spells except boss specific spells, like Galeas Tar's Fire Strike, Lord Drakens spell that summons the level 7 theif, Luiet's Shockwave, Firelords Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, and Nether Shift, and Lord Andrazzar's spell that summons the ancient ghouls. Lady's Mark of the Vampire and Inferno, due to making those fights much to easy. Also this should not change spells already being casted. So like Galaes Tar is casting Fireball, he wont be able to cast his next fireball but he will complete that one.

Mark of the West rounds down, the user has 50 sp and 38 str the enemies armor is decreased by 13.

Unyeilding Spirit does not work if you get nuked, so like you have 51 health, but you get hit for 60 you die. But if you get hit for 2 you regenerate (max healthX.35). Also it only works if you enable it and after it goes off it disables itself and can only be enabled once per fight, so you cannot ever die besides getting nuked. But beware you take more damage. This will act as a temporary life-saver but it can also make things harder.

Reckless Charge: Should put the Nomad's white damage on nearly the same terms as other dps while also bringing its armor down to about the same level of the other dps. But can still change back to a tank with somewhat ease.

Forbidden Curse: if you have 50 spellpower you will only do 200 damage (if you have the curser ability) and it will be immoblized for 20 seconds, about the same length of a dazing trap if no one attacks it. (I think)

These classes would add a debuffer role to Gaias, which is not very present right now, except Demorilizing Shout and Brittling Acid. Also it would add a Anti-Mage style to, which I think is not present in most orpgs which adds even more flavor to Gaias. I have no idea if an anti-magic class would be overpowered, but worth a shot.

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the dwarf class ideas. But I agree to Ihaz here:
The class in its current layout lacks a little bit of utility.
I like the idea of a "blind" status effect, however. I think I will implement something like this in the future.

Meh. I've tried. I've put in 3 viable ideas, and if a skill or two can't be swapped out for something better (or something just 'more preferred' by the creator), then I'm not sure what is being asked of us.

In any case.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Meh. I've tried. I've put in 3 viable ideas, and if a skill or two can't be swapped out for something better (or something just 'more preferred' by the creator), then I'm not sure what is being asked of us.

In any case.
Keep cool ... I've read everything and did some notes. It's not like I will scrap an idea just because it's not 100% perfect. I will always make some adjustments here and there anyway. ^^

Level 10
This is an idea for a class I have been thinking of that I think would be really cool and I was discussing it with ihaz a little bit and he helped me come up with a few names for them. I don't really have many spell ideas for them atm but I think it would be a cool concept for a class.

So this class would be a Mail wearer starting off as a cultist and can branch into a Blood Templar, not sure about a 3rd branch yet.

Basically this class would revolve around high HP and armor and would act as a protector and healer/tank of sorts. This entire class would base all of their spells by sacrificing HP. One spell may be to link souls with another class (for example your bishop) Whenever the bishop gets hit it hurts this Blood Templar instead absorbing the damage, but also taking more damage than the bishop would have taken based on a % or something He would also take more damage if he linked more souls to himself. Another one of his spells could be sacrificing some of his HP to heal party members(the hp he sacrifices should be greater than the amount healed for). In theory keeping him mended and such and protecting the other healers could in a sense make him the only person in a party you would need to heal, but his health would drop fast. This would be beneficial with lets say a druid as a main tank healer if a blood templar was linking people to him the druid would only have to focus on healing one target. as a penalty if the blood templar dies maybe anyone he linked souls to would take a % of damage as an incentive to keep him alive

Thoughts, ideas, expansions? Let's build a class guys!

EDIT: this class wouldn't need aggro spells or high damage he would revolve all around getting lots of HP and hp regen spells because as he links more players his health should be dropping constantly and fast. He wouldn't be able to tank on his own but you would be able to link to a tank so in a sense he would be tanking. You focus all your healing on one target intensely instead of healing an entire party. Would be a cool concept in my opinion. For offensive spells maybe you could have him get damage buffers that drains his HP per second as well that do different elements of damage. The class would be very hard to play and keep alive, but if done correctly and implemented with a good team it could result in being very beneficial to an entire party.

EDIT2: maybe for other spells or class branches he could summon blood golems or something that do damage but if they get hit it drains the cultists HP, and they would also drain hp slowly so it would slowly hurt the culsits over time as well summoning them

EDIT3: a potential idea is a sacrafice ability if lets say multiple people die he could choose to kill himself to res people around him for his total remaining HP devided amongst all the players around him. For example lets say one person was dead and he used it and lets say the blood templar had 800HP he would fully heal that unit up to 800HP or up to their max HP, but if there were two party members dead each unit would be revived with 400 HP, 3 units people would be revived with 266 HP, etc. etc. however let's say the blood templar only had 200 hp remaining out of his 800 HP then 1 person would be revived with 200 hp, 2 people would be revived with 100 hp each etc.

Last edited:
Level 9
okay, I'm here to mold s0ul's idea into an actual class, Give all credit to s0ul about this. I am just a messenger.
Also things in [ ] are just situations or sidenotes and should not be in the actual tooltop things in ( ) could go either way.

Cultist:
Armor Type: Mail
Weapon: Swords, Maces, Axes
Offhand: Sacrificial Knives
Main Attribute: Strength
Can split into either Blood Templar or Ritualists

The Cultist serves a forgotten God. This god has seen the plague and commands the Cultist to help the adventurers and the people of Ankhmaron, because even Evil must side with Good to overcome a Greater Evil. The Cultist links himself to his allies taking the majority of thir damage and heals himself along with others. He has a massive amount of Health due to his dedication to his master and his endurance to pain.

Blood Templar: Gets a increase to Health and Strength and uses Sacrifical Knives

Ritualist: Gets a increase to Strength and Intelligence and uses Unholy Sigils

Skills
Blood Link: 75% of all damage done to the target is recieved by the caster. The caster and target both obtain a debuff, Linked in Blood, that makes it so Blood Link cannot be cast on it while Blood Link is Active. Lasts for 20 Seconds. 10 Second Cooldown. Initial (you can have several Blood Links up at once) [Kind of like divine shield but its to prevent a team of 5 Cultist to be nearly invinible, If 4 Cultist could all cast Blood link on the same person, that person would take 1.95 damage from a 500 damage attack]

Symbol of Blood: The user sacrifices (levelX2) Health to deal (strengthX2) damage over 10 seconds. 5 Second Cooldown. 250 Gold. [Only one enemy can have this on them at one time]

Unholy Blessing: The Cultist's health is increased by (strengthX3). 250 Gold

Splatter: The user cuts themself dealing (level) damage to the user, blinding all enemies in a 200 aoe infront of the caster increasing their miss chance by 20% for 20 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown. 250 Gold.

Life's Essence: The user regenerates (strength+maximumhealthX.2) over 10 seconds. 40 Second Cooldown. 250 Gold. [if you have 20 strength and 300 health, you will gain 80 health over 10 seconds]

Gouge: The user cuts the enemy severly dealing (attackpower) then drinks the blood healing the user for (damagedealt/3). 60 Second Cooldown. 1000 Gold. [life steal fits this character but its a very minor life steal and this is the only life steal ability]

Tribute: The caster cuts themself for (levelX5) in tribute to its "Master" so he may heal the target for (LifelossX2) 20 second Cooldown.
Dungeon-Boss Drop (cannot target self) [if your level 50, you lose 250 health and the target gains 500 Health. If your level 10 you lose 50 health and heal the target for 100]

Insanity: The user becomes even more insane for 20 seconds attacking 10% faster and taking 5% more damage. 40 second Cooldown. Low-Level World Boss Drop

Blood Templar: Continues the Cultist Playing Style.
Sacrifice: The user sacrifices its life to revive all allies in a 300 radius and evenly splitting its health up amoungst them. 120 Second Cooldown. 5000 Gold. [If you have 100% of your health and revivie one ally they will have 100% of their health. If you have 100% of your health and revive two allies they will have 50% of their health]

Blood Share: Decreases the cooldown of Blood link down to 5 seconds. (passive) 7000 Gold and 2 Mana Cystals

Frenzied Regen: The user stands still and chants, praying to its Master for 5 seconds, Regaining (Maximum HealthX.1) every second. Generates a Very High amount of threat. 8 Second Cooldown. High Level World Boss Drops. [This spell works as a quick heal, but also almost like a taunt, should nearly outaggro the tank]

Sacrilegious Smite: The caster smites the target dealing (attackpowerX2) and causing them to bleed for (strengthX2) over 20 seconds, although at the cost of (maximum healthX.3). 65 Second Cooldown.

Ritualist:
Demonic Ritual: Summons a powerful demon. However the Ritualist can only use its class-specific skills while the Demon is alive, and cannot move nor attack while the demon is alive. The Ritualist takes damage equal to (Maximum Health/100) every second and all heals are reduced by 95%. 40 Second Cooldown. 5000 Gold [you control the Demon as if it was your own hero]
Stats of the Demon:
Attackpower=(Attackpower of Ritualist+Intelligence)
Armor=(Strength of Ritualist)
Attackspeed=(Same as Ritualist)
Health=(Same as Ritualist)
Spellpower=(same as Ritualist)
Strength=(same as Ritualist)
Agility=(same as Ritualist)
Intelligence=(same as Ritualist)
Demon's Spells: Shadow Bolt, Fireball, Symbol of Blood, and Blood Link.

Ritual of Blood: The Ritualist sacrifices the demon, giving its total Health to the target. 30 Second Cooldown. 7000 Gold and 2 Mana Cystals

Ritual of Aggresion: The Demon's attacks become cleaved (50%/100) and attacks 10% faster for 20 seconds. 50 Second Cooldown. High-Level World Boss Drop.

Ritual of Destruction: The demon is sacrificed and explodes dealing (currenthealthX.75+intelligenceX2) to all enemies within a 300 radius. Aggro produced by this skill goes to the Ritualist, since the demon is unsummoned. 180 Second Cooldown. D4 Boss Drop

Last edited:
Level 6
Just a few things to point out, if we're looking at a 'cultist' style:

1) Are they common enough to be considered typical-average-folk?

2) Cultists tend to be, by connotation, not precisely dedicated to doing good. Namely, they are dedicated to the cause of their cult. What are they helping the adventurers at all?

3) Mail? On a knife-wielding, robed fellow? I think you're forcing it...

I like the idea, but I'm just pointing out things that Zwieb has pointed out already.

Level 9
Well first off.

your first point, I don't think so but maybe.

your second point, if this lord was actually realy and did communicate with their followers, he could command them to find a cure so his followers don't all die off.

your third point, Zweb said to break cliches. It's Knife is an offhand btw, so ti can cut itself for sacrifice not its main weapon. Also cultist may not have to be robed, ecspecially if there fighting on the front line.

This isn't really a tanking class either if it seems like on, its a shield in a way for others. A very risky class to play too, but htats why it gets a massive boost to health. Since its based on sacrificing health instead of mana.

Level 17
I think Unholy Blessing a) makes him a more efficient tank early on and b) should not be an initial skill. Personally a health increase should be caused by something like maybe a skill or something strategic.

Level 9
Well, hes supposed to be taking majority of the damage of the entire party, and not tanking himself. So in my mind he should have a massive amount of health, also he shouldn't be able to hold aggro very well end game. Or if he does, he'll pull a little too much.

Level 17
Still a passive at the start is a little redundant considering you need want to be as active as possible at the start to keep players entertained.

Level 18
orc /troll wouldn't make sense since at riversdale where you start there aren't any other races. there are some at mytargas because it's a capital and it's actually very far away , and as the sgt says they are mercenaries / greedy traders/ slaves at the arena.
i don't think they would fit very good in as a class.
but some stuff could be changed.

what could fit in would be night elfs. you can see one at the village with the boars and it's a villager.

Level 5
Well she's a huntress, night elves could actually go in but in W3 lore there weren't any of them wearing heavy armors - just saying because we seek for strenght based mail wearing character.
Dwarf is actually a good idea, I don't know if that was purpose but the zerk's and crus' training master is actually a dwarf, there are two dwarves in the tavern in Riversdale, I could forget about something else but yeah, they appear in gaias.

Level 9
okay, I think 6th class (if implemented) should be human/elf due to their majority and being common in early game play. Also Squire quest guy is about the same height as our characters so either we're all dwarfs or hes not a dwarf. I don't see a troll/orc/dwarf rummaging around in a forest killing wolves, because early game is the most important part to set up a "base" to the game. Theres a merchant thats a dwarf in a town. So I beleive that the new class needs to be human or elf to fit the "base" that Gaias already has. Which to me is that it is important for new people to see humans/elves helping other ones first before they go out and help other races due to the small percentage. Also, in early game trolls are set up as an enemy and should be vanquished. (Troll Witchdocter) New people wouldn't understand how a troll/orc/dwarf would fit into the game with the current early game content.

Level 13
I'm kidding Ihaz, I still disagree with you though, I think your nomad idea should specifically be left for something like an orc or troll, a scarce unknown race that the more human races struggle to trust. Simply calling trolls and orcs evil seems a bit unjust.

Level 9
Well I'm not saying that, what i tried to say is that the early game content almost makes trolls look like villains due to the boss (yes theres bandits and d1 but we know that humans are both good and bad) But, the way that the early game is set up, I don't see a troll/orc not really even a dwarf fitting in. So unless you can show me how a troll/orc would actually fit into early game content I don't see these races fitting in. Just the early game content which is very important for new players and even veterans making a new character to get how the class fits into the world of gaias. I mean shouldn't a class fit into the story-line no matter which part of the story-line it is in? Theres not much wheres its troll vs. troll or orc vs orc, in many games, but its usually human vs human or human vs troll or human vs w/e. I can probably come up with more reasons why an orc or troll wouldn't fit. Then why an orc or troll would fit. So far its basically been: "wouldn't it be kool to have a troll/orc" or the classic "unlikely hero." But as of now a nomad is already an unlikely hero human or not. Also, what high ranking figure (class quest people) would back up a lowly troll or orc.

Cleric: Has a well revered priest of the church back him up. - Human or elf I don't quite remember.
Magician: Has a respected Mage to back him up. - Human
Theif: Has an infamous thug leader to back her up(corrupted politics ftw?). - Elf
Ranger: Has a well-known Druid or naturalists or w/e back her up. - Elf
Squire: Has a high-ranking captain in the army to back him up. - I would say human due to his size (maybe a dwarf model but is the size of the human/elf soldiers and our heros)

What would a orc or troll have to back them up to move them higher up in the military/society?

Last edited:
Level 13
A hero doesn't need to be part of the military, what part does an orc take in skyrim? or a khajit? people distrust them, there are a few respected members about the place but the nords, the common people, dislike most animal based races.

lol @ infamous thug leader
If we can have a bloody thug leader we can find space for an exiled orc or a surviving tribesman to back up the class.

It's really not hard to work into the storyline you're just being really bloody narrow minded.

I'll type up a basic storyline later if you want, you'll still be like NO, DUSNT WORK.

Level 9
Kk, while your in there throw in a naga, or a tauren. (PEOPLE, don't take this seriously)

I do try to think of how a troll/orc would orc but it always hits the same wall, they don't fit into the early game play. I mean if people that live in a big trading city hate them, people in small towns like Riversdale will "go deep south 1830's lynching on them". (joke) In my opinion it would take a little too much reworking of the current storyline. Also, it would probably take up too much time than its worth, he would have to make more npc's talk about trolls/orcs, would have to make/find a troll/orc model without weapons or amor and would have to be well made, or if my Nomad is implemented, stabbing and slashing animations. Then it would have to have spell animations. If it was a human, it would be much easier to create the model based off already existing ones in the rpg, would just be another person from the tavern or just another person to pay no mind to. So there would have to be no reworking of npc's. Simply due to an or/troll is rare, people would notice it, and comment on it. Also, why would a regular townsfolk that sees orc/trolls as sub-human/elf or greedy or w/e, want one to help with their problems? Even though the NPC's are not real they still set up the game as if they were.

Last edited:
Level 5
lool I see Ihazdialup point, However Vestra point kinda wins here, your charcter may be racist to other charcters but their isnt a 'interaction button' for it so who gives a ****, but ig uess their is a limit, for example naga...i mean they r finishes lool, but orc/troll, orc - champion - troll - shaman? see what im sayin? and they could be from a bad side if u want..but they decided to ally? look Skyrim is a gd example for this lol

Level 13
The npcs don't talk about the races anyway. you don't waltz up to the captain of the town and he's all 'GET AWAY FROM ME YOU DIRTY ELVEN THIEF', nor does he shake your hand for being a squire. Remolding an orc is going to be just as difficult as any other humanoid, both of those opinions seem invalid ihaz. If there's some kind of desert or high cold mountain area, somewhere that common human life would be difficult, you can write an orcish storyline in.

Personally I think we should eventually have both an orc and a dwarf, zwieb already mentioned how rare trolls are in the game the only reason I'm still bugging about trolls is because that would explain the rarity of their people.

If zwieb is still hanging around somewhere, could I just ask quickly, are there any plans for a desert or cold mountain area.

Level 9
Well, yes, intill you tae into account that Zweb said that orcs are almost like slaves and "sub-human" in the view of the majority of the population. I still beleive trolls are set up (early game wise) as not good people due to the boss.

Level 13
But like every humanoid species you can have crazy madmen and heroic warriors etc.
Look at Sanev, hes a bastard, but hes also an elf.

Level 17
Engineer
With it's demise on the horizon, the Kingdom of Ankhmaron looks to new ways of combating the plague and it's victims. This pursuit has triggered a wave of innovation and creativity amongst budding architects and builders, introducing engineers into the war.

Engineers thrive on three disciplines: invention, alchemy and marksmanship. Equipped with a dwarven rifle and spanner, the engineer is a master of condition-spreading and area domination.

• Armour: Mail
  • Weaponry: Rifle
  • Misc: Spanner
  • Evolution: Alchemist or Mechanic
  • Skills: Gun Blast, Explosive Elixir, Construct Turret, Blunderbuss, Tripping Wire, Acid Bomb, Flashbang, Piercing Bullets

Gun Blast is a close-range skill which shoots a target, dealing damage reducing physical resistance.
Explosive Elixir is a medium-range skill which throws an elixir of explosive liquid, dealing reasonable area of effect damage.
Blunderbuss is a skill which takes two seconds to charge, shooting a powerful round which knocks both player and foe away.
Tripping Wire is a utility which throws down a wire that knocks down foes that walk through it.
Acid Bomb is an area of effect ability which deals low damage over time and reduces the armour of foes.
Flashbang is an area of effect ability which blinds targets, reducing their chance to strike successfully.
Piercing Bullets is a passive skill which gives attacks a chance to cause foes to receive a DoT.
Construct Turret builds a turret. The type of turret you get depends on the ability you cast beforehand.
  • Gun Blast > Gun Turret - a self-shooting turret, shoots a bullet every second
  • Explosive Elixir > Bombardment Turret - every three seconds, this turret will launch a bomb which detonates after a second, dealing area damage
  • Blunderbuss > Cannon Turret - launches a shot that knocks a foe down every five seconds

Alchemist
An alchemist is a master of potions, filling bullets with various substances which are then wrought upon foes in lethal volleys. An alchemist shuns the forefront, making his ambush from the mid/back-lines.

Corrosive Volley is a target-point skill which launches a series of corrosive bullets, unleashing poisonous clouds.
Slick Shot is a skill which drenches a foe in oil, reducing their movement speed significantly. If exposed to fire, target will burn.
Devouring Acid is a skill which decreases a foes attack damage significantly.
Master of Alchemy is a passive skill which increases the duration of all inflicted conditions.

Mechanic
A mechanic is a front-line fighter whose main source of damage comes from his turret. His turret becomes greater in power and the mechanic is able to control it fully.

Automatic Shot is a skill which, regardless of cooldown, causes the turret to launch a projectile.
Scattershot is a skill which causes the turret to launch a series of projectiles in a wide cone.
Reparations is a skill which repairs your turret over a few seconds, increasing it's armour when completed briefly.
Master of Mechanics is a passive skill which increases the critical strike chance of the player and turret when near each other.

Just to start a new discussion and reignite the brainstorm. The ideas reflected in this post may not be satisfactory/unique/balanced, but it should be able to get people discussing the concept of a 'tinker/engineer' a lot more.

Level 18
Engineer
With it's demise on the horizon, the Kingdom of Ankhmaron looks to new ways of combating the plague and it's victims. This pursuit has triggered a wave of innovation and creativity amongst budding architects and builders, introducing engineers into the war.

Engineers thrive on three disciplines: invention, alchemy and marksmanship. Equipped with a dwarven rifle and spanner, the engineer is a master of condition-spreading and area domination.

• Armour: Mail
  • Weaponry: Rifle
  • Misc: Spanner
  • Evolution: Alchemist or Mechanic
  • Skills: Gun Blast, Explosive Elixir, Construct Turret, Blunderbuss, Tripping Wire, Acid Bomb, Flashbang, Piercing Bullets

Gun Blast is a close-range skill which shoots a target, dealing damage reducing physical resistance.
Explosive Elixir is a medium-range skill which throws an elixir of explosive liquid, dealing reasonable area of effect damage.
Blunderbuss is a skill which takes two seconds to charge, shooting a powerful round which knocks both player and foe away.
Tripping Wire is a utility which throws down a wire that knocks down foes that walk through it.
Acid Bomb is an area of effect ability which deals low damage over time and reduces the armour of foes.
Flashbang is an area of effect ability which blinds targets, reducing their chance to strike successfully.
Piercing Bullets is a passive skill which gives attacks a chance to cause foes to receive a DoT.
Construct Turret builds a turret. The type of turret you get depends on the ability you cast beforehand.
  • Gun Blast > Gun Turret - a self-shooting turret, shoots a bullet every second
  • Explosive Elixir > Bombardment Turret - every three seconds, this turret will launch a bomb which detonates after a second, dealing area damage
  • Blunderbuss > Cannon Turret - launches a shot that knocks a foe down every five seconds

Alchemist
An alchemist is a master of potions, filling bullets with various substances which are then wrought upon foes in lethal volleys. An alchemist shuns the forefront, making his ambush from the mid/back-lines.

Corrosive Volley is a target-point skill which launches a series of corrosive bullets, unleashing poisonous clouds.
Slick Shot is a skill which drenches a foe in oil, reducing their movement speed significantly. If exposed to fire, target will burn.
Devouring Acid is a skill which decreases a foes attack damage significantly.
Master of Alchemy is a passive skill which increases the duration of all inflicted conditions.

Mechanic
A mechanic is a front-line fighter whose main source of damage comes from his turret. His turret becomes greater in power and the mechanic is able to control it fully.

Automatic Shot is a skill which, regardless of cooldown, causes the turret to launch a projectile.
Scattershot is a skill which causes the turret to launch a series of projectiles in a wide cone.
Reparations is a skill which repairs your turret over a few seconds, increasing it's armour when completed briefly.
Master of Mechanics is a passive skill which increases the critical strike chance of the player and turret when near each other.

Just to start a new discussion and reignite the brainstorm. The ideas reflected in this post may not be satisfactory/unique/balanced, but it should be able to get people discussing the concept of a 'tinker/engineer' a lot more.
turrets? you serious? also another thing that makes me think about
gaias story is that you see a hunter at the start with a rifle why doesn't mytargas use rifles? it would be way easier to kill monsters with guns rofl xD

---
really man even rifles may be acceptable but turrets piercing bullets proyectiles what the fuck that doesn't sound like gaias .

i bet you never played gaias haven't you?

Level 9
Darkly, have you looked on the damage of the riflemen? Its pretty low, so guns are not overpowered weapons, and why not a turret? Plus, we don't kno how strong its normal attacks are nor the formulas for Wolfe's spells it could be low formulas, plus, mail dosn't necessarily mean higher armor, just its higher right now due to only a tank useing it. This wouldn't have to be a tank therefor, Zweb can make low armor, high aiglity/str or w/e that would help this class and still have it be mail, so unless you got better ideas, stop getting drunk and learn how to properly type, your spelling is horrible and stop ranting about other peoples ideas if you can't think of a better one yourself, tbh I like this idea, theres muckets already, don't really see anything wrong with the story, all in all a pretty good idea. Reason I rant about the races, is because I truely don't beleive it would fit and I back it up with facts. While this is an all around good idea, the back-story makes sense. Evolution is driven by need and the people need another and new way of fighting the plague and the monsters, so I don't see any reason to not have a turret. The class would probably have a low attack speed due to the long reload time of rifles in the colonial times. Which in my opinion best represents the Gaias time period, beleive it or not but people still used swords back then, mainly because of the long time to reload the rifles. Also a trained bowsman can be much more effective than a Gunman, due to more accuracy in comparison to the old rifles, and if their good can release an arrow in under 10 seconds, while the guns were able to shoot 1-4 times a minute, a trained bowsman could shoot 6 arrows, with deadly accuracy, with hitting the right places, he could easily take out the less accurate and the slower rifles. Peole are not going to dodge an arrow thats going over 300 miles per hour neither, one point in England every man was required to pull back fully, a 180 pound bow. Add that with higher accuracy and possibly able to get off mroe arrows, can be a lot more effective, via head, heart, lungs. Yes, guns were preferred because they took less training to use properly but back then, just because you had a un didn't mean you would be better than someone with a bow.

Was taught to say whats on my mind and not to sugar coat shit, because in the end its still shit.

Level 18
Darkly, have you looked on the damage of the riflemen? Its pretty low, so guns are not overpowered weapons, and why not a turret? Plus, we don't kno how strong its normal attacks are nor the formulas for Wolfe's spells it could be low formulas, plus, mail dosn't necessarily mean higher armor, just its higher right now due to only a tank useing it. This wouldn't have to be a tank therefor, Zweb can make low armor, high aiglity/str or w/e that would help this class and still have it be mail, so unless you got better ideas, stop getting drunk and learn how to properly type, your spelling is horrible and stop ranting about other peoples ideas if you can't think of a better one yourself, tbh I like this idea, theres muckets already, don't really see anything wrong with the story, all in all a pretty good idea. Reason I rant about the races, is because I truely don't beleive it would fit and I back it up with facts. While this is an all around good idea, the back-story makes sense. Evolution is driven by need and the people need another and new way of fighting the plague and the monsters, so I don't see any reason to not have a turret. The class would probably have a low attack speed due to the long reload time of rifles in the colonial times. Which in my opinion best represents the Gaias time period, beleive it or not but people still used swords back then, mainly because of the long time to reload the rifles. Also a trained bowsman can be much more effective than a Gunman, due to more accuracy in comparison to the old rifles, and if their good can release an arrow in under 10 seconds, while the guns were able to shoot 1-4 times a minute, a trained bowsman could shoot 6 arrows, with deadly accuracy, with hitting the right places, he could easily take out the less accurate and the slower rifles. Peole are not going to dodge an arrow thats going over 300 miles per hour neither, one point in England every man was required to pull back fully, a 180 pound bow. Add that with higher accuracy and possibly able to get off mroe arrows, can be a lot more effective, via head, heart, lungs. Yes, guns were preferred because they took less training to use properly but back then, just because you had a un didn't mean you would be better than someone with a bow.

Was taught to say whats on my mind and not to sugar coat shit, because in the end its still shit.

yeah sure you are comparing a level 1 npc damage with a hero damage. and if you think someone with a rifle will do less damage than someone with a bow then sorry but you aren't really smart.

and worse than that you want it to have an extra turret PLUS MAIL armor when it's ranged.

Level 9
kk, maybe now. But still, if you get hit in the heart/lung/head with an arrow going oer 300 miles per hour, im sorry but your dead, same with a gun. But back in the 1400's which is probably the best represtation of gaias, guns were not as reliable as they are now, and im comparing the early guns to the bows of that time period, if you get hit in any non vital spot with a bullet from that era you'll live, same as a bow, but a trained bowsman (which is what the hunter is) would be as effective as an early 1400s rifle, due to being able to fire off more arrows, than an elite rifleman and have more accuracy, you do realize how inaccurate the guns were back then right? And about the mail+turret, theres something called balancing, just because hes wearing mail, dosn't mean he can tank, Zweb could still make mail armor that fits this class more than squire. Early guns were about as effective as bows jsut saying, of course in modern times guns are way more effective, but in the 1400s guns were soooo inaccurate and took sooooo long to reload that each battle basically both sides shot 1-3 rounds before going into a brawl. While a bowsman can launch arrows within 5-10 secondsof eachother with more accuracy, if hitting vital organs, would be just as deadly if not more so than a gunsman. If the bullet dosn't hit the target in a vital organ that target is still going to live.

Level 6
The only issue I'd see with a gun-user as a base class is, well, just that.

It does seem, as Zwieb has previously stated, like it should be more of a T2 class thing.

And as Mail currently sits [and barring any complete overhaul of all Mail drops], it's made for lots of +Armor, some +Strength on occasion, some +HP, and occasionally Resists or +Dmg. Remember that any Mail-using class would get access to all of this. If you think it's okay for this class to use Embrace, then keep it as Mail. If you think that an entirely new armor type needs to be made (higher armor than Leather but less than Mail, and focusing on +stats that help this class) then use that. Don't expect a complete overhaul on an armor type just to make it fit what you've designed.

You should design to the existing bits, whenever possible.

As much as I like the idea of the turrets (for gameplay), I don't think it fits. Especially not a base class.

Lastly, Ihaz, evolution is not driven by need. That's the same concept that figured giraffes came about because they wanted to reach the high branches more than their kin. It's driven by an available niche. Just because something wants stuff (most herd animals would agree, they want to be able to fend off large carnivores), doesn't mean it happens. It only happens when there is an avenue that offers prosperity and some unique adaptation is needed to achieve it. Not unlike modern marketing, to be honest.

If you're going with the evolution-route discussion, this tends to fail, as it doesn't take advantage of something already-present but not already-used. It would do the exact opposite; requiring other stuff to change for it to work.

Anyway, my two cents. Most people will see this as biased, as I've put forward a few suggestions, but take from it what you will.

Level 17
See, my post has done what I intended - started a fruitful conversation, wew.

Zwieb has already stated that another tank was not needed, unless we thought we needed it. He stated this when I posted my previous idea, the Enchanter. If you want an example of a heavy-armoured class who is more damage-orientated, look at GW2's Warrior. And Darkywhateveryouruseris, I have played Gaia's. I've played numerous times, I have run D3 on multiple occasions and have a 40 Druid, 38 Berserker and 30 Sorcerer.

For me, turrets do make sense. You can rename them, but I'm not thinking of modern turrets. Makeshift ones, made with wood. Something to fit the era, rather than whatever image you have conjured up. Technology tends to have a faster rate of growth in times of war, example World War I when we saw swords and horses abandoned for tanks, planes and machine guns. It is this sort of advancement I intended for the backstory of the engineer.

Now, onto specifics. My intention behind the idea was for the engineer to be a close-range fighter, sticking to the mid-line/front-line as his skills would be close/medium-range. Excelling in area domination through turrets and condition-spreading through abilities such as Acid Bomb.

I hope you continue to discuss and evolve on various ideas revolving around the engineer archetype.

Oh, and LanderZ, I don't post expecting overhauls to fit ideas. My intention was to get people off the race topic, as the race of the sixth class should not matter. A class should not be designed based on race, unless this is a PvP game like Warhammer Online where racial uniqueness is needed.

Level 9
kk LanderZ just gonna point out that evoltion is driven by need, Humans developed tools because we needed to hunt and didn't have sharp teeth claws nor had huge bodies to easily hunt with, so we evolved intellectually and created weapons. Stuff evolves due to it needing to fit its surroundings more, if something dosn't need to evolve it dosn't or barely does. Also, you don't need to make an entire new type of armor, thats the reason we want it to be mail, so squire can share armor with another class, squires are also the tank so the more defensive armor would be more suitable, while the less defensive but more offensive would be suitable for this class. I'm gonna post my own gun class. Yes I went on my rant about 1400s Gun Vs. Bows but thats to show that guns are not necessarily better. More powerful yes, but less accurate and takes longer to reload.

Level 9
Gunman:

Main Attribute: None (explained later)
Armor Type: Mail
Weapon: Gun
Offhand: Weapon Attachment (scope, bigger clip, higher speed, more accurate barrel which would be ciritcal hit chance)

Types of Guns:
Non-equip is a low power rifle.
Scattergun: Short Range, slow, A.o.E, 200 Range
Rifle: Long Range, Powerful, slow, Single Target, High Critical Chance, 700 Range
Assault Gun: Mid Range, weak, fast, Single target, 400 Range

Class Structure:
This class depends on its weapons more than any other class, its attackpower shouldn't icnrease with a main attribute. But the Guns will be more powerful than iother weapons to make up for this. Also, if possible should attack in bursts, depending on the weapon. So like its first dropped gun could be like: Scopped Rifle: +6 Damage, 3 Rounds, 10% Critical Hit Damage, may seem overpowered, but take into account that this class will fire the 3 rounds then wait. Also the rifle is slow, slower than a mage, so its pure damage makes up for it.

Skills:
Gun Strike: Deals (strengthX1.5) melee damage, 3 second cooldown. (initial)
[gives this class a melee capacity]

Gunner: Agility decreases reloading time. Strength increases all physical skill damage. Intelligence increases Ciritcal Hit Chance.

Reckless Charge: Charges into the enemey ranks hitting aside enemes that stand in its way dealing (strengthX.33) damage. 20 second cooldown. 250 Gold.
[rounds down]

Flash Gernade: Throws a gernade that explodes creating a massive burst of light, decreaseing enemes hit chance by 10% for 20 seconds. 40 Second Cooldown. 250 Gold

Acid Gernade: Throws a homemade gernade that bursts on impact with the enemy dealing (intelligenceX2) poison damage. 20 Second Cooldown. 250 Gold.

Will continue this tomarrow but got to go to bed in the mean time. Sounds complicated yes, but im just changing around what the attributes do, to fit this class more.

Level 6
kk LanderZ just gonna point out that evoltion is driven by need, Humans developed tools because we needed to hunt and didn't have sharp teeth claws nor had huge bodies to easily hunt with, so we evolved intellectually and created weapons. Stuff evolves due to it needing to fit its surroundings more, if something dosn't need to evolve it dosn't or barely does. Also, you don't need to make an entire new type of armor, thats the reason we want it to be mail, so squire can share armor with another class, squires are also the tank so the more defensive armor would be more suitable, while the less defensive but more offensive would be suitable for this class. I'm gonna post my own gun class. Yes I went on my rant about 1400s Gun Vs. Bows but thats to show that guns are not necessarily better. More powerful yes, but less accurate and takes longer to reload.

Biological evolution: Driven by an available niche. Darwin's finches are the prime example. One set of birds arrived on the islands, way back when, and ate one type of food. Then some mutations allowed some others to exploit untapped food sources, and because those mutations were successful, they were eventually passed down, and would become new species that had specialized beaks for their food types. It was never based on one poor, hungry bird, who wasn't early and therefore missed the worm, deciding he needed to eat and therefore learned how to eat seeds, instead. That was Lamarck's theory, which encompassed the same notion as 'the hungry horse had nothing to eat, so he stretched his neck enough to eat the tall branches' leaves, and evolved into a giraffe'.

Marketing/Consumerism evolution: Driven by an availability in the marketplace.

Technological/Developmental evolution: Driven by an applicability to the new sciences discovered by man (yes, often military purposes seek them out, but they have to be discovered first). Man didn't advance from caves/nomadic tribes to the stone age/settlers by need. They did it out of desire, and because it was easier. It could only happen when they found stable areas where they'd be able to forage enough food and supplies to sustain a community without needing to move. Man didn't progress to later ages by 'need', but rather by exploiting new things they'd learned, such as food preservation, agriculture, and some medical-type sciences.

It's never NEED that drives evolution or development. That's one of the big misconceptions with people misunderstanding the dire situation the planet now faces: Humanity will not simply overcome it based on some abstract 'need', but rather by people actually buckling down, recognizing there is a problem, and working towards resolving it.

As much as I may catch grief for it, this is a very American view of the world. Everything 'just happens'. It's also a very religious view. Unfortunately, it's neither a scientific, nor a realistic view of the world.

And I like the previous rifleman idea more than this one. But, again, that last bit is just preference.

Level 18
if you really think zwieb will add a retarded class like an engineer which builds a structure in a sec continue posting.

and gunman is even worse because now that means it will do more damage than engineer since it doesn't even need a turret.

acid bombs, grenades ... really?

Level 17
An acid bomb (excuse the terminology, this could easily become Acidic Draught or Devouring Elixir or whatever) is perfectly viable in a medieval environment.

And, to you Darklycan51, you're basically calling classes across the MMO/gaming realm who use area domination retarded. Engineer in TF2, GW2 to name a few. Then even the shaman in WoW.

Level 17
"retarded class like an engineer which builds a structure in a sec"

You didn't imply that about names at all. You criticized the mechanic and the entire class, not the name. Besides, alchemists, engineers and mechanics all existed. If anything, you can change the names to maybe architect or tinker or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.