• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Gaias would have a sixth base class ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think this tinker is a good idea, but... when you look at other classes... and whole map. The question arise how he get here? As far as i know people, because of curiosity new players will prefer this new eccentric class than other normal classes.

*EDITED OUT BY ZWIEBEL*
I don't really think this is going to be a problem, really. People chose classes depending on what they want to play, not how "eccentric" they are.
And tinker/engineer will of course not be a base class, but an advanced class, if I plan to implement something like that.

Level 17
For lore-reasons, you could back up an 'engineer' class by saying the plague has fuelled the need for new heroes, new inventions, new things to combat the plague and those affected by it. War is the basis of advancement, look at WWI. Planes, subs, machine guns, tanks all came out of that war, so why can't the plague spark that sort of ingenuity? I'm not saying have guns and big mechanical monstrosities, but earlier inventions such as crossbows, basic traps, some form of turret, etc. I will be making a post later with two base class suggestions, one following this 'tinker' archetype and the second a 'witch' archetype.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I don't really see why an engineer advanced class shouldn't match the lore. I mean, there ARE musketeers in Sergeant Gaspode's soldier troup in D3.
Gunpowder and guns (well ... more like muskets and early non-automatic rifles) are present in Gaias Retaliation, especially for the dwarven race. They might not be common compared to bows and longbows, but common compared to exotic weapons. A dwarven engineer fits the lore just fine, I'd say.

@Wolfe: looking forward to your suggestion regarding witch and tinker.

Level 17
Enchanter
Enchantment has long been forbidden in many kingdoms for its potential to do great harm. With the plague getting stronger and the chance to cure it fleeting, the Archmage of Mytargas has reopened his academy for budding magi wishing to become enchanters.

An enchanter is a master of control. She is able to assume dominion over the minds of her foes and drive them to madness or lead the charge wielding weapons bound by arcane magic and heavy armour.

• Armour: Mail
  • Weaponry: Sceptre, Greatsword
  • Misc: Shield
  • Evolution: Mesmer or Arcanist
  • Skills: Magelance, Diversion, Energy Theft, Illusion of Pain, Imbue Weapon, Blade Shield, Silencing Strike, Arcane Disruption

Magelance is a melee strike which deals mediocre damage and lowers magic resistance.
Diversion causes a foe to attack the enchanter unless aggroed by someone else.
Energy Theft steals a targets energy, replenishing the enchanters.
Illusion of Pain is a buff that causes spells to do greater damage to the target.
Blade Shield summons a shield of ether blades around the caster that strike foes nearby, attracting threat.
Silencing Strike interrupts a spell and silences the target for two seconds.
Arcane Disruption absorbs any projectile spell targeted at the enchanter.
Imbue Weapon imbues a targets weapon with a random element.

This could be either ally-targeted, or enemy-targeted (your choice). I'll use fire as an example.

Fire on an ally might cause the next attack to inflict burning while fire on a foe might cause the weapon to overheat, causing the foe to drop it (disarming it) and reducing attack damage.

Mesmer
A mesmer is a master of control and deception. She commands powerful hexes which tap into the minds of foes and cause them to falter. Mesmers are mid-line casters whose skills don't do damage, but rather control the battlefield.

An example of a hex could be:

Misdirection: Enemies in an area miss on their next three attacks.

Arcanist
An arcanist is a front-line fighter, assuming a tanking role. Arcanists prepare themselves for battle by casting deadly enchantments on themselves and allies.

An example of a buff could be:

Deflection: All physical attacks made on the arcanist are deflected onto surrounding enemies, lasts five seconds.

The ideas reflected in this post may not be satisfactory or balanced, but I do hope it helps fuel the train of thought for you guys. :)

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I like the idea of the mezmer advanced class, as there is currently a lack of a debuffer class (Necromancer will always be focused around his minions, not mainly debuffs, Bard is focused on positive buffs).
However, I don't like the idea of having another tank class. Not neccesarily because it's a tanking class, but because it's another tank class that requires Int. It's (in my oppinion) weird that there is no non-int tanking class in Gaias yet, except for the berserker, which can be used to be some kind of off-tank.

If you need another tanking class, I'd probably go with a more "soldier" type concept, maybe a spear using melee fighter.
However, I like the idea of a debuffing class a lot, since Gaias is lacking this type of hero yet. Which brings me again back to the idea of an alchemist (Yes I know, i'm turning in circles, but the idea is totally appealing to me, I don't know why).

Some kind of dwarven adventurer with some basic melee fighting skills, wearing mail and using axes and hammers as main weapons (in that case I would have to add more axes and hammers to the droplist, as the lists are very sword-dominant).
The first evolve would be alchemist (I think it would make sense in terms of lore, as dwarves as a race of miners and workers would naturally invent the gunpowder and thus have a lot of skilled alchemists), which should have a lot of "throw bottle" abilities that debuff enemies, dealing damage, etc. ... you could add your enchant weapon ability here too, possibly as some kind of weapon oil or some kind of transmutation. Maybe it could also have some kind of supporting heal spells. Of course, just supporting, alchemist should not be a primary healing class.
The other evolve could be a mixture of melee fighter and gun user. As those early guns have a high reloading time, dwarves tend to use the guns only for special purposes, like crafting special enchanted ammo.
Skills could possibly be something like a piercing ammo, which deals line damage with your gun or a flame ammo, which deals some kind of "breath damage" in a cone shape. It could also be a tanking class if you guys think that another tanking class is required.
Which brings me to an interesting concept for this class: Instead of using Mana for the skills, you have a limited number of ammo for every fight. You have for example 5 rounds that you can "enchant" the way you need them. However, it could be a problem in longer lasting fights against bosses ...

Level 17
Hm, I agree that a tanking class isn't really needed. I suppose an engineer archetype can fall under 'fighter' and thus make sense to have mail armour (especially if it is a stationary fighter). For your gunner idea, perhaps powerful gun abilities with cast times (reinforcing a stationary class with timing and execution as key strategic cornerstones). You could also include the melee skills from the primary class (the axe/hammer wielder) for the gunner and justify them as a bayonet of sorts for the gun (or rather, an axe at the end of it for sweeping attacks). I could come up with another post like I did with the enchanter for this dwarven class, just not tonight.

On the note of an alchemist, I'd say the playstyle I intended for the mesmer is ideal. High offensive capabilities through debuffs (not necessarily damaging ones) from the back-line.

Level 1
Good luck with the 6th base class guys. Seems it revolves all around Zwieb's luvy-duby relationship with buff-placers. I don't get it : first you specify the class has to wear mail armor, match the lore, etc. etc. , and now this buffer stuff. Why didn't you say you were hell bent on this idea alone ? Would have made it a lot easier for all of us. Again. If you want a specific type of hero / class, for God's sake, just say so! Granted, you did leave room for our imagination to go wild when only a handful of information was given as to put "boundaries" to it, but you should have gave it your 2 cents from the very beginning. That would have helped...a lot. At any rate, I bid you good luck with patching things up for 1.1j and getting things on track for 1.2 .

Level 6
Good luck with the 6th base class guys. Seems it revolves all around Zwieb's luvy-duby relationship with buff-placers. I don't get it : first you specify the class has to wear mail armor, match the lore, etc. etc. , and now this buffer stuff. Why didn't you say you were hell bent on this idea alone ? Would have made it a lot easier for all of us. Again. If you want a specific type of hero / class, for God's sake, just say so! Granted, you did leave room for our imagination to go wild when only a handful of information was given as to put "boundaries" to it, but you should have gave it your 2 cents from the very beginning. That would have helped...a lot. At any rate, I bid you good luck with patching things up for 1.1j and getting things on track for 1.2 .

I'm sure when he started asking he was not 100% set on anything. I have no doubt that the ideas posted here helped spur his ideas towards certain avenues.... Leading to what we have now.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm sure when he started asking he was not 100% set on anything. I have no doubt that the ideas posted here helped spur his ideas towards certain avenues.... Leading to what we have now.
I never said its already decided. It all depends on wether some real appealing idea is proposed or not. There have been some good ideas so far. I also picked out certain things mentioned in other posts about spell ideas and such and collected them.
There are no "boundaries" except for the things that the class should (not has to) be mail wearing and that it has a "basic" feel to it.

To be honest, we haven't even decided wether a sixth base class will ever be implemented or not. This thread is still completely hypothetical at the moment and I mentioned that in the first post.

Level 5
Hunter

Class Type: Tank/Debuffer
Armor: Mail
Weapon: Spear/Two-handed Lance
Misc: Shield
Evolution: Witcher/Cavalier
Skills: Focus, Spear Mount, Flash Lance Level-Headed, Clean Ending, Precision Piercing, Full-Arm Swing, Open Wound

Focus primes his next abilities, generating extra threat at the cost of damage.
Spear Mount stabs target enemy at a distance and brings them behind the Hunter, interrupting them.
Flash Lance stabs target enemy and randomly stabs another nearby enemy. If no other enemy is nearby, target enemy gets struck twice and is slowed.
Level-Headed if a hostile spell is cast on the Hunter, he counters and reduces the target's Spell Power.
Clean Ending charges for two seconds and lunges at the target, dealing damage based on their remaining health and reducing their armor.
Precision Piercing strikes the target enemy and puts a stacking debuff. Inflicts a bleed if the Hunter is the enemy's target. Reduces damage if otherwise. Stacks 5 times.
Full-Arm Swing swipe across an area in front of the Hunter. Reduces attacks speed and casting time for a few seconds.
Open Wound strikes a target and puts a stacking mark on them. When an ally attacks an enemy with a mark, consumes the mark and does damage.

The Hunter is a hybrid Str/Agi tank, with a majority of his skills using one or the other, or sometimes both.

The Witcher focuses on damage and debuffs using Agility. Is able to use whips as offhands.

The Cavlier focuses on tanking. Uses Strength for endurance and Agility for control and threat.

Level 1
Hunter

Class Type: Tank/Debuffer
Weapon: Spear/Two-handed Lance
Misc: Shield
Evolution: Witcher/Cavalier
Skills: Focus, Spear Mount, Flash Lance Level-Headed, Clean Ending, Precision Piercing, Full-Arm Swing, Open Wound

Focus primes his next abilities, generating extra threat at the cost of damage.
Spear Mount stabs target enemy at a distance and brings them behind the Hunter, interrupting them.
Flash Lance stabs target enemy and randomly stabs another nearby enemy. If no other enemy is nearby, target enemy gets struck twice and is slowed.
Level-Headed if a hostile spell is cast on the Hunter, he counters and reduces the target's Spell Power.
Clean Ending charges for two seconds and lunges at the target, dealing damage based on their remaining health and reducing their armor.
Precision Piercing strikes the target enemy and puts a stacking debuff. Inflicts a bleed if the Hunter is the enemy's target. Reduces damage if otherwise. Stacks 5 times.
Full-Arm Swing swipe across an area in front of the Hunter. Reduces attacks speed and casting time for a few seconds.
Open Wound strikes a target and puts a stacking mark on them. When an ally attacks an enemy with a mark, consumes the mark and does damage.

The Hunter is a hybrid Str/Agi tank, with a majority of his skills using one or the other, or sometimes both.

The Witcher focuses on damage and debuffs using Agility. Is able to use whips as offhands.

The Cavlier focuses on tanking. Uses Strength for endurance and Agility for control and threat.

Hunter ? Doesn't sound bad to be honest, but you've really gotta rethink a few skills : "Full-Arm Swing swipe across an area in front of the Hunter. Reduces attacks speed and casting time for a few seconds." <-- are you sure this is how you want to skill to behave ? And more-so, I say YES to a class that needs Agility to increase its debuffs, effects, etc. and still need strength to increase damage (primary attribute). I'm not certain anyone agrees, but this does sound rather catchy.

- 400th post 'w'

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
My thoughts on that:

1) theres already a hunter class. You should reconsider the name
2) I don't really see a real logical link between a hunter and a witcher/cavalier - what does those classes have in common to make those evolves plausible? ... seems like you only took existing ideas and put them all together in one pot, no matter wether it makes sense or not
3) The spell ideas don't seem to follow a real red line. Also, I miss utility spells and spells that 'define' the class. All you suggested are damage abilities, which is weird (with one exception). No class, even pure damage dealers like sorcerers or assassins have damaging skills only.
4) How should a fighting style with a spear AND a whip look like? It's totally weird...

Level 4
People here is doing something wrong at suggesting a new class. They think we should find a class to fit gaias retaliation yea.. but name is only a matter of choosing. First find out how the hero should be. How it will fit the game. Lets make an alchemist and done? no, what an alchemist can do in game, first think about it. I mean first determine what hero will do then shape him with the name and skills.

I hope you will like this one.
An experienced soldier of might and magic, seeks power, as we managed to see in many rpgs. The character may go for both fighting and spellcasting. This little hero will do the same and will give us an option to play a most variated character. Stay behind and back-up the team or go front and protect the line or strike down the heads which tries to catch ur squishy brethren.

I am not sure about basic skills but have some ideas about advanced ones..

For melee range fighter one:
A skill which will give +threat when he attacks to a mob who attacks to his brethren. Doesnt work on bosses.
A skill which will add +20 armor to him. Activatable.. But disables 4th advanced skill.
A skill which will create a barrier, sucks enemies to itself with 200 ms in 500 range. (10 mana)
A skill which will heal allies with 200 range as the damage the hero takes for 4 seconds. (12 mana, creates high thread, cd:60)

For melee range caster one:
A skill which will give -threat when he attacks to a mob who attacks to his brethren. Does not work on bosses.
A skill which will add +40 shadow dmg to the hero for 5 hits and heals the target ally as half amount of the damage he deals with each strike. (8 mana, cd:18)
A skill which will create a barrier, pushes enemies away with 200 ms in 500 range. (10 mana)
A skill which will send ray of blood in a cone, deals 1xstrength damage, blinds targets, they miss with 20% chance for 8 seconds. (9 mana, cd:20)
I dont know about hero but these skills will fill the need in current teams.

Well i also made some basic skills but to think about all of them was kinda hard..
With 1k gold, you buy a skill which will damage both targets around you and yourself for 2x strength. (cd:20)
As you kill outside bosses they will drop a scroll for a skill which will increase the hero's crit chance by 50% for 7 seconds. (10 mana)
As you kill dungeon bosses they will drop a scroll for a skill which will deal 6xstrength to single target as stunning the hero for 2 seconds.
As you start the game with this hero you will have 2 skills. First is a regular attack with magicked sword but has 300 range, deals 1xAP+1xagility damage to target. (10 mana, cd:15)
Second is a regular attack with sword, deals 1xstr and creates low threat. (cd:15)
As you go to shop you can buy 3 skills. First one gives +%25 magic resistance when used to team for 10 seconds. (15 mana, cd:40)
Second one gives %8 dmg reduction after damage-armor calculation.
Third one does 1.5xAP damage to target and thrusts a piece of dagger into target's body, damages the amount of 0.2xstrength each second as long as target takes physical damage for 10 seconds. (cd:45)

If you liked the hero, then keep reading. If you didnt, the story and thoughts of mine about hero wont matter.

Well Z wants us to make logical heroes. Like the ones existing or a warlock, dwarven fighter, alchemist. So everyone stucked about the history of heroes. First of all Gaia's Retaliation orpg is based on gameplay. Didnt you enjoy the game with each click? These skills are made with thinking only how he will take a place in the team and i didnt name them cuz as the reader sees the names he doesnt embrace the hero nor the skills.
But i know the hero should fit the lore here.. Ofcourse i didnt ignore the history of the hero. You may call this hero adventurer, but for sure first advanced one is witcher and second one is warlock. I could give these names to them at the start but you wouldnt like him if i had done. Change the 'adventurer' name if it sounds stupid but well i couldnt find a better one..

And other little things about hero..
Mail, str based, uses amulets as misc. swords, two handed swords.
Witcher, str based, uses amulets as misc. swords, two handed swords.
Warlock, agi based, uses rings as misc. swords.
Amulets are filled with protection runes(mostly gives evasion+life+resistance). Rings are filled with power runes(mostly gives strength+agility).
I hope i balanced hero very well.

So here is our new hero. But again if you can find a regular nice name for basic class i would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Level 1
Why not making third advanced classes.. making new hero is really hard as it seems, lets make paladin from cleric, defender from squire, marshmellow from thief, meleer from ranger, fireballer from magician... o_O didnt like it?
Then like this!
Ehm an experienced soldier of might and magic, seeks power, as we managed to see in many rpgs. The character may go for both fighting and spellcasting. This little hero will do the same and will give us an option to play a most variated character. Stay behind and back-up the team or go front and protect the line or strike down the heads which tries to catch ur squishy brethren.

I am not sure about basic skills but have some ideas about advanced ones..

For melee range fighter one:
A skill which will give +threat when he attacks to a mob who attacks to his brethren. Doesnt work on bosses.
A skill which will add +20 armor to him. Activatable.. But disables 4th advanced skill.
A skill which will create a barrier, sucks enemies to itself with 200 ms in 500 range. (10 mana)
A skill which will heal allies with 200 range as the damage the hero takes for 4 seconds. (12 mana, creates high thread, cd:60)

For melee range caster one:
A skill which will give -threat when he attacks to a mob who attacks to his brethren. Does not work on bosses.
A skill which will add +40 shadow dmg to the hero for 5 hits and heals the target ally as half amount of the damage he deals with each strike. (8 mana, cd:18)
A skill which will create a barrier, pushes enemies away with 200 ms in 500 range. (10 mana)
A skill which will send ray of blood in a cone, deals 1xstrength damage, blinds targets, they miss with 20% chance for 8 seconds. (9 mana, cd:20)
I dont know about hero but these skills will fill the need in current teams.

Well i also made some basic skills but to think about all of them was kinda hard..
With 1k gold, you buy a skill which will damage both targets around you and yourself for 2x strength. (cd:20)
As you kill outside bosses they will drop a scroll for a skill which will increase the hero's crit chance by 50% for 7 seconds. (10 mana)
As you kill dungeon bosses they will drop a scroll for a skill which will deal 6xstrength to single target as stunning the hero for 2 seconds.
As you start the game with this hero you will have 2 skills. First is a regular attack with magicked sword but has 300 range, deals 1xAP+1xagility damage to target. (10 mana, cd:15)
Second is a regular attack with sword, deals 1xstr and creates low threat. (cd:15)
As you go to shop you can buy 3 skills. First one gives +%25 magic resistance when used to team for 10 seconds. (15 mana, cd:40)
Second one gives %8 dmg reduction after damage-armor calculation.
Third one does 1.5xAP damage to target and thrusts a piece of dagger into target's body, damages the amount of 0.2xstrength each second as long as target takes physical damage for 10 seconds. (cd:45)

If you liked the hero, then keep reading. If you didnt, the story and thoughts of mine about hero wont matter.

Well Z wants us to make logical heroes. Like the ones existing or a warlock, dwarven fighter, alchemist. So everyone stucked about the history of heroes. First of all Gaia's Retaliation orpg is based on gameplay. Didnt you enjoy the game with each click? These skills are made with thinking only how he will take a place in the team and i didnt name them cuz as the reader sees the names he doesnt embrace the hero nor the skills.
But i know the hero should fit the lore here.. Ofcourse i didnt ignore the history of the hero. Well you can call this hero adventurer maybe but first advanced one is witcher and second one is warlock. I could give these names to them at the start but you wouldnt like him if i had done. Change the 'adventurer' name if it sounds stupid but well i couldnt find a better one..

And other little things about hero..
Mail, str based, uses amulets as misc. swords, two handed swords.
Witcher, str based, uses amulets as misc. swords, two handed swords.
Warlock, agi based, uses rings as misc. swords.
Amulets are filled with protection runes(mostly gives evasion+armor+resistance). Rings are filled with power runes(mostly gives strength+agility).
I hope i balanced hero very well.

So here is our new hero. But again if you can find a regular nice name for basic class i would appreciate it.

I hope you take this with the least amount of ...well just don't take it personal when I say that this above is by far the stupidest idea yet. I'm not sure about Zwiebel , but I'm 100% certain that Muzzel dismissed the mere concept of 3rd class changes EVER taking place in the world of Gaia. If I somehow misunderstood , then my apologies, but right now, 3rd class change ? = not happening.

Level 4
You read this wall of text and thought about only that joke? LOL. ok u really misunderstood, it was a joke, well, if meleer from ranger, marshmellow from thief, fireballer from magician didnt make sense about that for you, im really surprised... The idea is sixth class read it again please.. And please read all carefully as i ve seen u have only readen the first sentence ha?
edit: and why should i bring third advanced class idea here? does it make sense? ofcourse i can read the topic and think that i should bring new class ideas here.. I really should start saying everything clear and explained with no haha hehes. there is nothing offense to you klesk but i managed to see that happen so many times..
Gonna edit the post in some minutes with removing damn jokes.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hi, im back, I read over my last post and thought it was horrible. I am hopeing to have this one be slightly better. Although, I am caught on the spear/lance idea so this will be featured.

Nomad:
All his/her life (Zweb can decide) he/she has been roaming the different countries learning different styles of combat, but he/she has favored the infamous curses, which feed off the users might of body not of mind. His/her entire tribe was whipped out by the plague and comes to find a cure so others don't have to suffer like he/she has.

Weapons: Spears/Lances
Class Specific: Beaded Jewelry, reminds him/her of the dead tribe and gives him/her a reason to fight.
Main Attribute: Strength
Class Changes: Cursebearer or Dragoon

Dragoon: Continues the Nomads damage/off-tanking role/Keeps useing Beaded Jewelry

Cursebearer: Continues the debuffer role/Uses Cursemarks which help with debuffs and govern certain spells.

Skills:
Northern Acid: Eats at the enemy for 1.75X Attackpower over 5 seconds but gives the enemy a immunity to the acid for 10 seconds afterwards. 10 Second Cooldown (initial)

Howl of Pain: Releases a roar of anguish and anger that horrifies the enemy decreasing their attack speed by 10% for 7 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown (initial)

Impale: Impales the enemy on his/her spear, dealing (StrX1.2) damage and also leaving a gpa in their armor, decreasing armor by (StrX.2) Intill the enemy either dies or gets reset. (does not stack) 250 gold

Break Spirit: Breaks the enemies spirit leavingthem hopeless, decreases their attackpower by 10% and spellpower by 25% for 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown. 250 gold.

Blunt Strike: Hits the enemey over the head with his/her spear and stuns the enemy for 3 seconds, dealing (attackpowerX.5) damage and gives the enemy an added 7% to miss on an attack for 15 seconds. 25 second cooldown 250 gold.

No Remorse: When active, attackspeed is increased by 10% but damage taken is increased by 30%. (toggle) 1000 gold.

Southern Charm: Decreases aggro produced by 10% for the next 30 seconds. 40 second cooldown. World Boss Drop

Mark of the West. A powerful curse from across the mighty river. Deals (StrengthX2.5) to the targets mana and drains the target of (attackpowerX4) health over 10 seconds. Cooldown 120 seconds. Dungeon Boss drop.

Dragoon:
Spear Wall: When useing a spear/lance the Dragoon gains a 10% to dodge incomming attacks. (passive) 5000 gold.

Might: Gives the Dragoon 30% critical damage and 5% critical hit chance for 15 seconds. Cooldown 50 seconds. 7000 and 2 Mana Crystals?

Powerful Sweep: The Dragoon slashes out with his/her spear with all their power hitting enemies in a 100 horizontal and 300 vertical Area of Effect for (AttackpowerX3). D4 boss drop?

Cursebearer:
Marker: Along with the debuffs its spells already give this also gives the spells a 75% to also add the Curse Marks debuff. (Passive) 5000 gold.

Marked for Death: The enemy with this Mark cannot be healed and takes 10% extra damage from attacks. (But not abilities nor spells) 7000 and 2 Mana cystals?

Overloaded: The enemy receives a 5% increase to damage and armor, but all spells and abilities deal 15% more damage. D4 Boss drop

Curse Mark Debuffs: (offhand will have listed which Curse can be used with it, if possible, or could use a guide thing in the quest section close to commands with corresponding numbers or symbols)
1. Instant 50 points of damage and instant 200 points of Mana Damage
3. Put to an enchanted sleep for 15 seconds (does not work on bosses)
4. Decrease Damage by 10% for 20 seconds
5. Decrease armor by 15% for 15 seconds
6. Cannot Cast spells for 10 seconds (does not work on bosses)

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Nomad ... hmm ... yeah I know, it's just a name, but this is actually the first class name (except the already proposed 'merchant', 'adventurer' and 'mercenary') I'd accept for a base class. It has a 'basic' feel to it. The spear-user concept isn't new, however. It has been mentioned quite a lot in this thread, but still, thanks for showing me that it's actually possible to still find ideas with a "basic" feel to them. However, the skills lack a little bit of diversity. The suggestion is focusing too much on the spear-user-combat aspect. Advanced classes should always have a distinct flavour to them, not just different spells.

Look at assassin and bard, for example. Both are thieves, but the class roles (at least once the new spells are done ;D) and the general "style" are totally different. Same goes for Hunter and Druid or Crusader and Berserker, etc. ... always try to catch something like this.
Think abstract, if you must. I mean ... I never saw a game where druids use bows and are some kind of ranger. But I really started to love it (Could be some kind of revolution ;D) ...
Try to "break" conventional class clichés. I'm totally open to redefining existing stereotypes like a warlock, witch or shaman.

Level 13
A strength based ranged class would be interesting, a spear thrower perhaps? Make use of the troll sprite for a nomad of sorts, or implement the animation elsewhere to a more fitting model

Level 3
Zwieb i think that the 2 heroes will be very different. especially when 1 of them will go for enemy debuff and the other one specialize in dps. Atleast thats how i see it. From all ideas till now i really love this one since i believe that gaia is curently lacking strong debuff class and this will add a lot to the game. + i like how the spells have positive and negative effect which will make the whole gameplay of this char more interesting and more party oriented.

Level 9
Well I took in consideration to what Z said and I wanted to revamp this.

Nomad:
All his/her life (Zweb can decide) he/she has been roaming the different countries learning different styles of combat, but he/she has favored the infamous curses, which feeds off both might of mind and of body. His/her entire tribe was whipped out by the plague and comes to find a cure so others don't have to suffer like he/she has.

Class Specific: Beaded Jewelry, reminds him/her of the dead tribe and gives him/her a reason to fight.

Dragoon: Continues the Nomads damage/off-tanking role/Keeps useing Beaded Jewelry. Will get a added boost to Strength and agility. (similiar to berserker)

Cursebearer: Continues the debuffer role/Uses Cursemarks which help with curses. Will get a boost to strength and intelligence.

Skills:
Northern Acid: Eats at the enemy for (attackpowerX1.25+spellpowerX.8) over 5 seconds but gives the enemy a immunity to the acid for 10 seconds afterwards. 10 Second Cooldown (initial)

Howl of Pain: Curses the enemy with a roar of anguish and anger that makes the enemy feel the mental pain of the Nomad decreasing their attack speed by 10% for 10 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown (initial)

Impale: Impales the enemy on his/her spear, dealing (AttackpowerX1.5) which leaves a gap in their armor which decreases armor by (StrengthX.2) intill the enemy dies or gets reset. 25 second cooldown. 250 gold (does not stack on same enemy)

Eastern Roar. A magically enhanced shout that damages enemies in a 250 radius around the Nomad for (1.25XSpellpower) 30 second cooldown. 250 gold.

Blunt Strike: Hits the enemey instantly over the head with his/her spear and stuns the enemy for 2 seconds, dealing (agility) damage and gives the enemy an added 10% to miss on an attack for 15 seconds. 35 second cooldown 250 gold.

No Remorse: When active, attackspeed is increased by 10% but damage taken is increased by 30%. (toggle) 1000 gold.

Southern Charm: Decreases aggro produced by 10% for the next 30 seconds. 60 second cooldown. World Boss Drop

Mark of the West. A powerful curse from across the mighty river. Deals (IntelligenceX2.5) to the targets mana and drains the target of (attackpowerX3+Spellpower) health over 10 seconds. Cooldown 120 seconds. Dungeon Boss drop.

Dragoon:
Spear Wall: When useing a spear/lance the Dragoon gains a 8% to dodge incomming attacks. (passive) 5000 gold.

Might: Gives the Dragoon 30% critical damage and 5% critical hit chance for 20 seconds. Cooldown 55 seconds. 7000 and 2 Mana Crystals

Powerful Sweep: The Dragoon slashes out with his/her spear with all their power hitting enemies in a 100 horizontal and 300 vertical Area of Effect for (AttackpowerX2+agility). D4 boss drop

Cursebearer:
Curser: Increases duration of all curses by (spellpowerX.2) seconds. (Passive) 5000 gold.

Marked for Death: The enemey cannot be healed and takes damage equal to (damagedealtXspellpowerX.01) for 25 seconds. 65 second cooldown. 7000 and 2 Mana cystals

Overloaded: The enemy receives a 6% increase to attackpower, but takes 15% more damage for 20 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. D4 Boss drop

Last edited:
Level 3
Dragoon:
Spear Wall: When useing a spear/lance the Dragoon gains a 8% to dodge incomming attacks. (passive) 5000 gold.

Might: Gives the Dragoon 30% critical damage and 5% critical hit chance for 15 seconds. Cooldown 50 seconds. 7000 and 2 Mana Crystals

Powerful Sweep: The Dragoon slashes out with his/her spear with all their power hitting enemies in a 100 horizontal and 300 vertical Area of Effect for (AttackpowerX2+agility). D4 boss drop

Cursebearer:
Cursed: When attacking the Cursebearer as a 3% to afflict the enemy with a curse that attaches it to the Cursebearer which then it takes damage (damage taken by CursebearerX.5) for 3 seconds. (Passive) 5000 gold. (if possible)

Marked for Death: The enemy with this Mark cannot be healed and takes 10% extra damage from attacks for 5 seconds. Cooldown 45 seconds. (But not abilities nor spells) 7000 and 2 Mana cystals

Overloaded: The enemy receives a 5% increase to damage and armor, but all spells and abilities deal 15% more damage to the enemy for 15 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. D4 Boss drop

Spear wall seem a bit weak. Hunters skill for 250 gives 5%miss 5%crit and people are still complaining about it. But numbers can be changed easily. All other skills seem reasonable for dragoon.

About the Cursebearer i really dont get the first spell he can cast. I mean is the spell dmg-ing only the cursebeare or it deal something to the enemy too?
About the second 2 i will recomend something that i think will be very interesting dont know what you think about it: Those 2 curses can be gradually increasing their effect or be stackable. lets say you ca have 3 instanses: first cast 5% increase of dmg second cast 10% increase in dmg taken and third cast 15% numbers can be always changed but i believe this may add extra fun playing him.

Otherwise i love your idea and keep up the good work :)

Level 13
why would you want something with damage return dodging attacks though.
Also that seems like another mt roll, we have crusaders and monks for that, something offtank would be better so maybe make cursebearers have a spell that's reflects a percentage of the damage a certain ally takes onto them.

Although people will probably cringe, taking examples and ideas from other games can help, so I was considering the ideas behind Huskar from dota for this spear unit. Melee or not, I've always liked the idea of a unit based off health lost, whether it can sacrifice its own health or not.

Have a passive that perhaps increases the damage dealt or ap/sp of whatever form of this spearthrower might be interesting. Have a mail offtank that can take a percentage of the damage dealt to the MT and turn it into better damage output. Since the class works off receiving damage, clerics would be less pressured and be able to manage any outstanding nukes on other team-mates. Have the class work with the skills haz has mentioned there like 'No Remorse' where the spearthrower recieves extra damage generated by the skill that transfers a percentage of damage dealt to the MT, to him, resulting in a higher hp loss, higher damage output and better results. I'd say 20-30% with 30% more damage would be more effective though. I'll think about typing up an idea

Level 9
Cursebearer dosn't have any added evasion. Also, Bofu, this class wears mail so it will take less damage than hunter nontheless so imo it balances out the 8% evasion, since Eagle Eye is getting buffed anyways.

Okay I changed several spells now, the new Curser passive would be like: You have 50 sp, Marked for Death, Overloaded, and Howl of Pain all get prolonged by 10 seconds

AND

Marked for Death is different: Example of now it is: Cursebeaer has 50 sp, enemy hits 100 on its target, the enemy then recives 100X(50X.01) which will come out to be 50 damage.

Last edited:
Level 4
Lets add a side quest-part in d3 with vampires, ends with another vampire boss. This should do better than a vampire hero. And also will lengthen run time and add more fun to d3. But i still dont know what a demon lord does with these undead o_O

Level 6
But i still dont know what a demon lord does with these undead o_O

Well, given that Fire Lord is all sealed and stuff, I think Lord Andrazzar (undead) is their boss.

Either way, you know exactly what he does; send them to plunder Myrtargas!

Level 1
To all posts concerning "vampires" and the general notion of life-steal...I truthfully and honestly hope you're trolling.

Level 4
Why? How can a new vampire boss be a dumb idea? There is already one vampire boss we know as Lady Gaga. And she has the highest life-steal of all wc3 lore. Well most of us know that vampire hero wont fit in this game-play system. If u just check my hero suggestions they all about gameplay(there is only one). Not an epic hero story. You must admit that there is still really less things to do and we really got bored of doing d3 hundreds times. And new little boss in 1.1j wont be enough for sure. So u can see that i will post new adds ideas for 1.1j or for another vers between 1.1j-1.2, poped-up from any comment on anything. So just be ready ;) I have an idea on a contest which will add ur hero as a new boss for a lot later versions, which will be added for next vers of the current vers in that day. Well it is if i see it can fit. If not ima make it a joke :D

Level 6
well lady isnt like a vamp she only has one spell tat is lifesteal and is ez to destroy it
and again i say it i dont like the idea of a vamp for gaias

Level 4
So why is the trophy's name from lady 'head of the vampiress'? :D well strange ha? Ok i didnt mean something that vampires should be added to map. Again u re really worse at reading comments. Read it again and u ll see there is nothing to discuss about vampires. At least for me. And as it seems other people who commented about vampires dont care about vampires actually. But my guess is u re still commenting about vampires cuz of my post. Well.. if so, please read again and then dont write something about vampires. If it is still about the first comments which started vampires thing, then keep on im with you. I am on both sides.

Level 9
Just fine-tuning my idea again, and hopefully getting this thread to be about 6th class and not vampires....

Nomad:
All his/her life (Zweb can decide) he/she has been roaming the different countries learning different styles of combat, but he/she has favored the infamous curses, which feeds off both might of mind and of body. His/her entire tribe was whipped out by the plague and comes to find a cure so others don't have to suffer like he/she has.

Dragoon: Continues the Nomads damage/off-tanking role/Keeps useing Beaded Jewelry. Will get a added boost to Strength and agility. (similiar to berserker)

Cursebearer: Continues the debuffer role/Uses Cursemarks which help with curses. Will get a boost to strength and intelligence.

Skills:
Northern Acid: Eats at the enemy for (attackpowerX1.25+spellpowerX.8) poison damage over 5 seconds but gives the enemy an immunity to the acid for 10 seconds afterwards. 10 Second Cooldown (initial)

Howl of Pain: (curse) Curses the enemy with a roar of anguish and anger that makes the enemy feel the mental pain of the caster decreasing their attack speed by 5% for 10 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown (initial)

Mark of the West: (curse) Decreases enemies armor by (spellpowerX.1+strengthX.1). Lasts for 10 seconds, with a 20 second cooldown. 250 gold.

Eastern Shout: The caster yells at the target making it forget how to cast it's next spell. 40 second cooldown. 250 gold.

Blunt Strike: Hits the enemey instantly over the head with your spear dealing (agilityX2) damage and gives the enemy an added 10% to miss on an attack for 5 seconds. 25 second cooldown 250 gold.

Southern Charm: Decreases aggro produced by 10% for the next 30 seconds. 60 second cooldown. World Boss Drop

Tribal Wrath: Enchants the caster's weapon with magic then smites the target for (attackpowerX2+spellpower) depleteing the target of all its mana for 5 seconds, but after the 5 seconds the target regains all lost mana. 100 second cooldown. Dungeon Boss Drop.

Dragoon:

Might: Gives the Dragoon 30% critical damage and 5% critical hit chance for 20 seconds. Cooldown 55 seconds. 7000 and 2 Mana Crystals

Powerful Sweep: The Dragoon slashes out with his/her spear with all their power hitting enemies in a 100 horizontal and 300 vertical Area of Effect for (AttackpowerX2+agility). 45 second cooldown D4 boss drop

Battle Lust: When active, the Dragoon's attacks generate added aggro, and deal (agilityX.5) more damage but disables all Curses and cannot be used in conjunction with No Remorse. (toggle) High-Level World Boss drop.

Cursebearer:
Curser: Increases duration of all curses by (spellpowerX.2) seconds. (Passive) 5000 gold.

Marked for Death: (curse) The enemey cannot be healed and takes damage equal to (damagedealtXspellpowerX.01) for 25 seconds. 40 second cooldown. 7000 and 2 Mana cystals

Overloaded: (curse) The enemy receives a 6% increase to attackpower, but takes 10% more damage for 20 seconds. Cooldown 35 seconds. D4 Boss drop

Forbidden Curse: (curse) Immbolizes the target for 10 seconds, dealing (spellpowerX.3) every second. 40 second cooldown. High level World Boss Drop. (immoblization dosn't work on bosses)

Examples:
Curser: The cursebearer ha 50 sp all curses are prolonged for 10 seconds.

Marked for Death: The cursebearer has 50 sp and the enemy hits a 100 on whoever, the enemy then takes 50 damage.

Eastern Roar: The next spell Gaelas Tar casts is Fire Strike but forgets how and cancels the spell, also dosn't affect current spells being cast. So, if Gaelas Tar is casting fire strike, his next fireball be canceled.

Mark of the West rounds down, Nomad has 50 sp and 68 str the enemies armor is decreased by 11.

Last edited:
Level 17
I personally dislike the idea of basing one class on a race when you have five human classes already.

Level 4
Okay, i haven't read all the pages to be honest, so i don't know if you already have a solid idea that would make you do this 6th character for the game or not.

In any case i saw two ideas, from you and Wolfe that just need a little twist to make the 6th fit in the Gaias world and be quiet original, of coruse this is my opinion, so you will have the last word.

First concept is the "Alchemist" with the abilities that works like:
--Utility spells, throws bombs--
Second concept is the "Mesmer" with the abilities to:
--Control the battlefield--

It's important to note that both upgrades of the 1st and basic class, work as supporters, in its own way and while both classes are supporters at the same time each class will create something different in the game. I explain now..

Alchemist - This unit will create chaos in the battlefield, with all the bombs and other utility spells.

Mesmer - As i posted above, the unit will have control of the battlefield, will be leading the battles, making every hero more efficient, with connections between the skills of each hero and creeps of the battlefield.

Okay, those are the upgrades of 2nd class, and then we have to place our basic unit. Let's call it "tinker" as you said. I can't find the right word for this class, so sorry.

The unit will have either or two small axes or two small hammers and attack type must be melee.
Okay, then in oder to make this class unique and be logical with it evolution you need to attach three special aspects.

• Unit must have a passive ability that allows to throw weapon
  • Unit must be strenght based
  • One important part of the damage dealt from weapons & spells of the first class and any of it 2nd classes, must be based in stenght and rage

This way, the unit won't be really usefull until it rages on battle, and then part of damage will be based on a % of total strenght.

Why i think this unit is good for the game?

Because you need to keep balance looking in the basic units. You already have:

Two intelligence / Two Agility / One strenght

The fact you make a 2nd basic class based on strenght doesn't mean it's gonna be a tank, and no, this is not another tank.

The game needs a supporter and a unit that can control or be specialized in huge battles or against bosses, more than just figthing 2 or 3 creeps.
Also, the idea of a unit that can change the basic concept of gameplay of the Gaias world sounds epic, in my opinion.

Please note that i'm only trying to make a solid basic concept of the new class, and this idea is based on Yours and Wolfe previous concepts. :grin:

Level 4
I realized, but was talking of a rage for only this unit and a different one, not only for when this unit gets attacked, would need to detect damage of other allied units aswell.

Level 17
Visually they might be, but I am yet to see any evidence of them actually being human or elf. Some people use elf models as fillers, y'know.

Level 4
They should keep all in human line, or will just be another wc3 lore.. I agree with you wolfe, they use elf models as fillers. Even blizzard did that in campaing.

6th Character

Basic "Thrower" -- Second Class "Alchemist" & "Mesmer" = Win

Level 4
I was just talking about hero classes, not the whole map concept. The thrower idea can be an orc/hum/troll at his basic, but i don't know in 2nd class..

Level 4
omg Vestra has great idea..
orc grunt model for that offtank/buffer/debuffer or whatever the 6th class is going to be. with shouts or auras coming from the orcs experience in battling!

Status
Not open for further replies.