• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Gaias would have a sixth base class ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
well I've played this map once(just once though) and all the class I've seen are pretty normal or straight forward ones(archers, squires, mages, healers and melee, ranged, and magic) so I'd love to see a new class that gives a new twist of element(melee with elemental twist, or a melee-ranged playstyle<this one is hard to balance I think>. or even a tank with less tanking ability and more damage/locking abilities. besides why tanks are mostly STR based heroes? not some "rather" squishy yet evasive tanks? or an absorbtion based tanks(high armor or a high magic resistance based tanks) or even pure soaking type(just insane health pool and lots of damaging abilities/interupts as I said above))

and since I've played this map only once.. I don't know much about how much balanced they're... thus I'm just putting up my ideas here..

Level 4
Well im struggling with hybrid classes in the game. And all kinds of hybrids we get here as i see but i ll also give u one more if anyone likes. And im already sure that i cant make that well suiting classes for the game as editors of gaia did. But i know that im good at ideas.

So 1 strange thing: warlock as a strength based class. As u know warlocks use their spells by their souls and they become emotionless nearly dead bodies in time. So that is why they also fight with sword in hand cuz they dont study their magic, they pay a bill.. So here we have a str based warlock which uses his spells based on his own power -i take it as strength- and mostly dmg skills and fighting skills also maybe some kind of summoning spells, i would like to see him as summoning a baatezu but he is a base class so maybe an imp which ll help the warlock with his own ways.(or why not make it like the wolf but instead of getting it power, it will change to other stronger demons per 15 lvl.)

Then there is 2 ways which our warlock will follow. One is Eldritch Knight. The class which fights with sword in one hand, and spellbook in other hand, a mage who fights also melee. As an advanced class he will start to use sp for his magic (kind of sorcerer's magicks).

Other one is Blackguard. His new advanced skills will be summoning one strong skeleton and as he summon this guy he cant summon imp. And a wound skill or turn undead skill. For turn undead, Well if undeads die with a saving roll it would be imba :d so we may make it usefull to taunt undead such as a taunt spell increases threat high for undeads, low for other creatures with an aoe. (im not sure about this cuz actually turn undead sends undeads away instead of getting them near.)
edit: Another idea is to disable them. I thought disabling their attack function but then they ll run away and reset themselves, so some kind of stop which only disables ms and as of undead for 2 sec probably and creates threat.

So about this idea there is 1 hybrid class which may aim to hybrid dps or hybrid tank. I also was thinking adding sneak attack skills to blackguard but it would make it complicated and changing warlock to this guy would be hard if so.

I like the idea of a melee warlock. However, this would (in my oppinion) be an advanced class, not a base class. Just my oppinion, though. I like some of the ideas proposed here. Sorry if I can't comment on all of them, but I can tell you I read every post here and take some of the ideas into consideration.

Level 4
Well i also tried to find a basic class for warlock but warlock is already a basic one. The problem with him there is no alternatives for a warlock there is only warlock who does warlock jobs noone else :/

So thinking about gameplay and system a mage with a sword in hand would suit warlock or a dark side warrior who curses enemies as blackguard also follows warlock's path. And gives him opportunity to become a tank.

But well if we can find a basic class then we could use paladin as other advanced one healer/tank. But its really ridiculous to fit warlock and paladin in the same class.. Thats why i thought blackguard, opposite of paladin.

In any case only blackguard fits as second advanced one. From warlock or to warlock. Btw i write these as you know a lot about frp lore cuz i ve seen mages use dagger, monk who fights, necromancer as a mage in this game. Actually many rpg players i ve met think necromancers are only cursing poisoning and raising, if i would say all mages use dagger many would laugh or some people thinks monks are only healer guys.
So i ve seen true natures of these classes here and i wanted to add more and the one which is also being misunderstood most, warlock. He is not a mage nor warrior, nor an old wise man. But u can easily see warlocks as old spell caster good guys around any rpg...

Level 5
my suggestion (needing better name for class):
Energy Warrior
Primary attribute: strength
Armor: mail and cloth
Misc Item: idk, something that gives int and wisdom maybe scrolls.
Weapon: Swords only.
Additional: this class is an str and int hybrid but he also needs wisdom, cause there is a passive that boosts his attack and spell power with wisdom and another skill that reduces the damage taken at the cost of mana. This class can be a tanky if equipped with mail and deal a nice damage if equiped with cloth.
2nd jobs: Elemental Knight and Holy Knight.
Starting Skills:
Blade Energy-> Deals atkpower * 1.2 physical damage and spellpower * 1.2 magical damage on the target.
Magic Edge-> Every point spent on wisdom increases atkpower and spellpower by 0.33.
1st skill vendor:
Magic Bolt-> Deals spellpower * 1.5 magical damage, range 650.
Mana Shield-> reduce/heals 50% of the damage taken at the cost of mana at 1:1 (i.e. if you take 10 damage, 5 will be dealt to your hp and 5 will be dealt to your mana).
Knowledge-> increases str and int by caster lvl * 0.2.
2nd skill vendor:
Cutting Slash-> Deals attackpower * 1.5 physical damage and applies bleeding (deals atkpower * 1.5 over 5 seconds).
Dropable skills:
Energy Strike-> Deals attackpower * 2.25 physical damage and spellpower * 2.25 magical damage on the target.
Flash-> Applies Blind (25% miss chance for 8 seconds) in a 250 AoE around the caster.

Elemental Knight
Skills:
Enchant Blade(5k gold)-> This skill has a spellbook inside it for each element (except divine). Enchant your attacks with the selected element by caster lvl * elemental damage with a caster lvl * 2% chance to proc.
Elemental Strike(7k gold and 2 mana crystals)-> Deals attackpower * 1 physical damage, and a special effect based on the active element of Enchant Blade:
Fire: Add spellpower * 1.5 fire elemental damage.
Poison: Apply Magic Poison (deal spellpower * 5 poison damage over 10 seconds).
Water: Add spellpower * 1.25 water elemental damage and applies soaked debuff.
Lightning:Add spellpower * 0.75 lightning elemental damage, has a caster lvl * 2% chance to apply Shock (stun for 2 seconds).
Darkness: Add spellpower * 0.5 darkness elemental damage, applies Fear (reduce threat generated against the caster and gives 15% miss chance lasts 8 seconds)
magical: Add spellpower * 0.75 magical damage, has a caster lvl * 2% chance to deal a spellpower * 1.25 magic damage.

Holy Knight
Skills:
Sacred/Holy/Divine Blade(5k gold)-> Enchant your attacks with divine element, 100% chance to deal caster lvl * 0.8 divine damage. If the target is an undead there is a caster lvl * 0.1 to instantly kill the target (DO NOT work on bosses).
Holy Light(7k gold and 2 mana crystals)-> Has a 250 AoE, heals nearby allied units by spellpower * 1.5 and has a spellpower * 0.1% + attackpower * 0.1% + caster lvl * 0.1% + 5% chance to instantly kill undead enemy units on the AoE.

Level 4
Transformation

My god! why didnt i thought of this a long time ago... shouldn't there be a class that's transform? since there's a mail class requirements, we should have a transformation class, such as transform into some weird creature and having a mid-dps with hybrid tank *expectionally from night-elf original wc3* its pretty cool :p [THINK OF GOLEM!!!!]

i've a lots of gaias players who really liked this idea, probably the most advance thing to have in gaias, but first.. we need this little discription for tha mail class... well ofc.. we already know its require mail.. but.. should it be Aoe/dps/what type/style/etc... you know.. :eek:

Level 4
this... sucks. sounds like captain planet or power rangers. isnt gaias a simple squire, ranger and cleric game? and that knight that has more magic utility than a real sorcerer, sorry its dumb. my few cents :p

Level 4
this... sucks. sounds like captain planet or power rangers. isnt gaias a simple squire, ranger and cleric game? and that knight that has more magic utility than a real sorcerer, sorry its dumb. my few cents :p

well... you sure have a point there... if it simple i do have lots of opinion to contribute but.. its kinda weird t-t

example..... gun? pirate? etc.. etc.. you know.. and oh ye.. that knight.. its really overpower + hybrid magic... which can overcome Monk/magician/crus..

Level 2
My suggestion is to clarify & re-align the mail class (squire/zerk/cru) with traditional, tried and tested ideas. Mail tanks and dps really need more differentiation in this rpg.

First mail class:

Fighter, strength based melee base class. High armor and hitpoints make him a decent offtank.
Mail: damage enhancement, crit, life, and armor are desirable stats
Weapons: 2 hand + trophy (active: enhance speed for X seconds)/ sidearm (chance on hit to strike again for 30% dmg)
Skills:
start: Hateful strike
start: Aoe shout buff for +dmg (scalable based on clvl)
250g: Active cleave strike, makes next attack(s) cleave for a percentage of normal
250g: Medium damage taunting strike
250g: Gaping wounds
1000g: Active linear shockwave-like move, str based dmg
outdoor: Passive weapon mastery - lowers miss chance slightly and increases crit chance
dungeon: Revenge

Job advancement:
Slayer: Single target dps spec fighter
5000g: Exsanguinate - attack power x1.75 single target nuke. deals double dmg + small stun versus a mob with the gaping wounds debuff. same cd as gaping wounds
-sidearm only
Destroyer (or berserker): aoe spec'd fighter
5000g: Obliterate - (buffed heavens edge) heaven's edge with ~150 more cast distance +aoe slow and -10sec cd.
-trophy only

Second mail class:

Squire, holy knight base class. Highest armor main tanking class with int/str based damage spells, aoe, and some active heals
Mail: armor, hp, damage (int / str) focused
Weapons: 1 hand weapon + shield (shields/1h weaps can now be tailored stat-wise to squires... dmg return / +mana gain per hit taken)
Skills:
start: shield slam (str based aggro spell)
start: divine flash (aggro, reduces mob hit chance by 10%; reduction equivalent of demo shout, diff gfx)
250g: shield block (passive rename of 'parry', x% chance to block (str based) damage, can't reduce below 5)
250g: martyr (taunt w/ diff gfx?)
250g: blessed weapon (adds [0.x*int] divine damage per hit)
1000g: rebuke (ranged, multi-target pulling spell with low int based damage, medium threat, hits (1 + clvl *0.1) targets)
outdoor: heroic presence
dungeon: retribution (str AND int based single target nuke)

Job advancement:
Crusader: Offensive spec'd holy tank
5000g: Crucify (possibly with circular damage instead of a cross which often leaves half of a mob pack untouched)
-can get shields with damage return
Guardian: Defensive spec'd holy tank
5000g: Heaven's gift (defensive active spell with a large cd; increases armor, resistances, and melee damage for a duration)
-can get shields with defensive auras

Justification:
Splitting and redefining your mail classes will allow for zerkers to exist without the useless shield bash, threat passive, and demo shout... as well as allowing your holy tank to get some more defensive spells. Mail players will be able to roll on similar gear early, but later in the game the niches diverge as with most other classes.
The goal was to reuse as much from the two characters as possible as they are certainly well designed, yet redefine them and make them distinct. The job advancements should dictate a play style. I believe the suggestions are also look-and-feel/lore consistent with gaias.

<<Reposted to satisfy flamers who didn't like it in a diff thread>>

Level 1
I have spent some time putting my thoughts into this baby, so if there will be any criticism...be gentle :3

Without further adieu :

The TruthSeeker

A little background to go with the character I'm about to suggest :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raised in a modest human family, the young warrior has the blood of elves boiling within his veins. Slowly discovering hints of his power and origin, he leaves his foster family to unravel the mistery behind his real parents and own identity, under the name : "TruthSeeker".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General summary of "TruthSeeker"'s skills / rolls in Gaia :

- He's a semi-support tank.
- He uses his own blood to imbue either himself, or his allies with positive buffs.
- He may only cast these positive abilities on allies if he beforehand used "Touch of Blood" , which allows him to grant them a permanent buff.*
Note* : "Touch of Blood" is permanent until TruthSeeker uses ANY of his skills on the selected ally. ; "Touch of Blood" itself can be used only if TruthSeeker is holding his misc item : Blood Vial.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical details :

- Wears mail armor (and similar accessories ; i.e. : gauntlets, helmets, etc.)
- Main weapons : Swords / Axes similar to the Squire's, only "enchanted weapons" so-to-speak. I suggest calling them "Arcane *insert weapon name*" or "Blood *insert weapon name*" ; These weapons cannot be used by anyone other than the TruthSeeker and / or the classes he splits into. Also, he may not use two handed weapons (like two-handed hammers, etc.) , but he is a double-wealder.
- The class changes and stories / specific quests related to the TruthSeeker will be discussed shortly.

Basic overview on starting stats, items and skills :

Stats :
- Primary attribute : Strength
- 90 base Hp + 10 extra Hp from his first starting item, Blood Vial (yes, his default misc item)
- 30-40 base Mp (if the 10 Hp from the Blood Vial wasn't enough, than the item could also give an extra 10 Mana as well)
- Damage 4-6 (+2 or 3 from main weapon, depends on what Zweibel considers "balanced")
- Strength : 3 ; Agility : 5 ; Intelligence : 3 (his role as a tank, semi-support should explain this)

Items :
- Training Arcane / Blood Sword : Adds 1-2 points to attack damage. Deals 1 more damage againts units with a mana pool and also burns one mana point per hit. (the extra damage / mana burn is optional. I know adding effects to old items means simply creating new ones, but I think this type of weapon suits the TruthSeeker best)
- Blood Vial : +10 Hp (+10 Mp as well = optional)

Skills :
- Touch of Blood :
(If cast on an ally) - Cost : 10-15% of the TruthSeeker's maximum HP to cast ; Cooldown : 15 seconds ; Effects / Description : Target recieves a permanent buff indicating this skill was used. This skill ends when the TruthSeeker uses another skill on that ally. Does not stack and cannot be used on a unit already affected by this skill.
(If cast on self) - Cost : 10-15 mana / same cooldown ; Effects : Gives back 10-15% of the TruthSeeker's maximum HP. (a sort of "self-heal" if you will)
- Pressure :
(If cast on an ally) - Cost : 5 mana ; Cooldown : 16-18 seconds ; Effects / Description : Pressures an ally to perform well in battle - Doubles the target's main attribute for 5-7 seconds. (this may sound OP at first, but the caster needs to sacrifice his HP in order to place the first buff and then use some of his mana to activate it. I would love to see Zweibel create this skill as it would make all Gaia games with a TruthSeeker in its party a little more interesting. Any suggestions are welcomed)
(If cast on an enemy) - Same CD / Cost. Effects / Description : Deals Spellpower x 2 and Strength x 2.5 damage as well as mini-stunning the target for 0.5 seconds.

...For now, this is my suggestion on Gaia's 6th base class. I have a full version in mind, but I want to see if I get any positive feedback before I proceed any further.

I hope you enjoyed the idea am looking forward for your opinions and suggestions on the matter.

¬ Kl3sk

Level 9
Well another buffing class would be good. But one whichthat dosn't focus around songs but more or less just morale. These would be long cd AoE buffs well shouts... can't quite thionk of specific but Zweb can do it, hes the man

Footsoldier: Uses mail and is strength based but will not be as good of a tank as squire with slightly less dps than a ranger.
Offhand: Shield
Main Weapon: Spear

Champion: Uses mail and is strength based: a Melee spear fighter that encourages his allies. Buffs entire group and can possibly a offtank but couldn't hold its own as a main tank. Less dps than berserker but more than Crusader. Less thank capabiliteis of both Crusader and Berserker.
Offhand: Shield/defender(a smaller shield and less effective shield but more manuverable)

Terrorizer: Uses mail and is Agility Based: Throws spears into the enemy ranks and debuffs the enemies. With a "darker' ally buff than the champion. Atleast, thats my idea for one of its adavanced spells.
Advanced Spell: Blood of Many:
Gives allies within a 400 AoE that gives a 2% Life Steal (base damage, no spells) for 15 Seconds. 30 second Cooldown
Offhand: Spear-Quiver

Level 1
Well another buffing class would be good. But one whichthat dosn't focus around songs but more or less just morale. These would be long cd AoE buffs well shouts... can't quite thionk of specific but Zweb can do it, hes the man

Footsoldier: Uses mail and is strength based but will not be as good of a tank as squire with slightly less dps than a ranger.
Offhand: Shield
Main Weapon: Spear

Champion: Uses mail and is strength based: a Melee spear fighter that encourages his allies. Buffs entire group and can possibly a offtank but couldn't hold its own as a main tank. Less dps than berserker but more than Crusader. Less thank capabiliteis of both Crusader and Berserker.
Offhand: Shield/defender(a smaller shield and less effective shield but more manuverable)

Terrorizer: Uses mail and is Agility Based: Throws spears into the enemy ranks and debuffs the enemies. With a "darker' ally buff than the champion. Atleast, thats my idea for one of its adavanced spells.
Advanced Spell: Blood of Many:
Gives allies within a 400 AoE that gives a 2% Life Steal (base damage, no spells) for 15 Seconds. 30 second Cooldown
Offhand: Spear-Quiver

As one might notice, your suggestions revolve around a spear user (interesting weapon choice), but none seem to stand out. As for the last one...I dislike the idea of "life steal" abilities / spells , for they do not blend well within the world of Gaia. And no, it wouldn't make any sense for a mail armored class to have its offhand weapon : "Quiver" ...

@ Kl3sk:
Please don't send me pms reading your suggestions, really. I read all of the suggestions but I don't want to comment on everything.

However, my feedback, although I think you won't like it...
It falls into the typical suggestion traps, being:
- trying to be to original
- having a good idea but not thinking about how that actually makes sense in terms of gameplay
- not matching the current class style of Gaias retaliation

About to second point: What is the point of the touch of blood spell if it is just a precurser to adding a buff or debuff? I don't really see what sense this would make in terms of gameplay. Why not let the unit cast buffs or debuffs directly without that stuff? Not that I dislike the idea of a buff requirement for other buffs, but imho it fails to present me a reason how this would affect gameplay other than that I always need to cast two spells instead of just one for the same effect.

And to be honest, I think the class doesn't match the other base classes really. Sounds way too advanced for me. Base classes should be something simple, basic, as the name implies ... not something that would branch out into two types of the same class that are basicly the same except for some different spells.

The sixth base class should be something like "mercenary", "adventurer" or "merchant". Or something that is refering to a special race, like "Barbarian" (for orcs) or "Mountaineer" (for dwarves). Classes that really have a "basic" and "common" feel to them and allow a lot of diversity when branching out on level 25.

Level 1
@ Kl3sk:
Please don't send me pms reading your suggestions, really. I read all of the suggestions but I don't want to comment on everything.

However, my feedback, although I think you won't like it...
It falls into the typical suggestion traps, being:
- trying to be to original
- having a good idea but not thinking about how that actually makes sense in terms of gameplay
- not matching the current class style of Gaias retaliation

About to second point: What is the point of the touch of blood spell if it is just a precurser to adding a buff or debuff? I don't really see what sense this would make in terms of gameplay. Why not let the unit cast buffs or debuffs directly without that stuff? Not that I dislike the idea of a buff requirement for other buffs, but imho it fails to present me a reason how this would affect gameplay other than that I always need to cast two spells instead of just one for the same effect.

And to be honest, I think the class doesn't match the other base classes really. Sounds way too advanced for me. Base classes should be something simple, basic, as the name implies ... not something that would branch out into two types of the same class that are basicly the same except for some different spells.

The sixth base class should be something like "mercenary", "adventurer" or "merchant". Or something that is refering to a special race, like "Barbarian" (for orcs) or "Mountaineer" (for dwarves). Classes that really have a "basic" and "common" feel to them and allow a lot of diversity when branching out on level 25.

Whoa there. 21st century strikes back, eh ? Yeah, my bad for PMing you thinking you were "dead" in this thread. It just seemed out of most threads this was less visited by you and your party. Now that our tits have calmed down, I realize most suggestions are easy to implement, simple, etc. and that my character is too hard for you to put in motion. Also, simplicity + originality is what the 6th base class would look like. Since I dislike the idea of the same-old , same-old syndrome nearing in, yes, a "dwarf" sounds great for the last class. I'd love it if he'd do AoE damage and / or have a passive stun, but I'm not sure if that would effect game-play.

Level 6
Re-vamping, cleaning this up.

Dragoon

Cool Dragoon Picture Here

- The basic melee and AoE class
- Can evolve into Hierophant and Geomancer
Skills: Dragon's Fury, Charge/Impale/Dash, Wide Swath/Splash, Gaia's Wrath, Dragonblood, Earthbind, Inferno, Dragon Aura
Weapons: Lances/Polearms (Nothing special to the animation, just the weapon he uses)
Armor Class: Mail
Misc: Escutcheon (Big, heraldic/pretty shields, such as Targes and Rondaches. I only make this different from the original 'Shield' so every class has their own unique Misc category.)

The point of this class is to be a melee, front-line character, that has abilities and spells centered on themselves (i.e. you hit the hotkey, and it begins channeling or casting, as you are the target). They draw aggro by being the only character to have actually dealt real damage to these other targets, and leave the true tanking (taunting and such) to Squires. Likewise, they will do more damage than a Squire ever will, as they are more meant to be geared towards the damage. However, they are not meant to be a damage character to the extent of, say, a Magician or Thief.

The interesting point about this character is that he isn't simply a standard Strength/Constitution hero. His spell damages will be based on Strength, yes, but he will need Wisdom to have Mana to cast those spells, so he will be splitting Constitution and Wisdom to some extent, meaning he will not be the primary tanker (sure, a better tanker than a caster or so, but he is definitely unique to the squire).

If the name sounds too "Advanced", you can call him a Lancer, too.

(Spell names are just stuff I picked off the top of my head. Don't judge too harshly based on something completely changeable)

Dragon's Fury (Starter) - ~300 AoE Fire blast around the user, dealing damage and causes 50% more threat than the dmg normally would. (Fire Element)
Charge (Starter) - Charge/dash forward ~450 units or until colliding with first foe. Deals dmg and 1s stun to that target. (Same pathing restrictions as found with Shield bash, and nice because it's not targetted, meaning little less accurate than Hateful strike, but has its own uses.) (Physical)
Wide Swath/Splash (250 Gold) - Passive. Adds 50% splash damage in a 35 degree arc of 150 range with every basic attack.
Gaia's Wrath (250 Gold) - ~400 AoE Earth blast around the user, slows attack/move speed of nearby targets for 3s, deals damage. (Physical)
Dragonblood (250 Gold) - Auto-self targets, channelling. For up to 10s, heals the user every second (Generating threat from healing), based on Strength. Adds +1 Armor every second channelled. The bonus armor lasts for 10s after channelling ends. (Might be hard to code, but I know spells can adjust armor per second, such as from DotA, and this is his quasi-tank skill)
Earthbind (1000 Gold) - ~500 AoE, stops the movement of all enemies. Does not prevent attacking or casting, simply stops movement. Lasts 6s.
Inferno (Scroll-Dungeon) - ~600 AoE on self, causes fire to brim forth from the earth, scorching all enemies within it. (Animation is similar to DotA's Lucifer's Scorched Earth, just doesn't move with the user.) Does damage per second, and lasts for 6s or so. Long cooldown, likely 60+ seconds. (Fire Element)
Dragon Aura (Scroll-Outworld) - ~400 AoE on allies, raises user's armor for 10s, and allies' for 6s, 1/4 of caster's Str in +Armor.

======================
Class quest
To seek true power, the Dragoon must defeat his 'Dragons within', to learn where his potent magicks originate.
dragonred.gif

Basic premise:
-Taken to a separate area. Quasi-large, with enough room to roam a little.
-User takes damage over time (every second) in this area. Low'ish damage, but it will add up and is something of a 'timer'.
-There is a Dragon (see above image) in the area. He will not aggro you until you damage him. He wanders around aimlessly.
-There are ~30-50 'images' (illusions, etc.) of this Dragon in the area. They look like the dragon to the user.
-The images are killed in 1 strike, deal no damage, and wander around.
-The goal is to find the real dragon and defeat it. In a battle of flat-out fighting, the Dragoon should be able to win. The 'trick' is to locate the real one before your Health is too low to win a fight.
-Defeating it 'tames' the dragon, and paves the way to show you your true power (either divine, or earthen).
======================

Upgrades to...

Hierophant

Cool Hierophant Picture Here

- Advanced melee class
- Based on self-afflicting boosts to increase tanking and damage output
Skills: Heaven's Blessing, God's Wrath, Divine Warrior, Holy Wrath
Weapons: Lances/Polearms (Nothing special to the animation, just the weapon he uses)
Misc: Emblems (Big flags, with heraldic crests and religious markings

Moving to a more religious-based zealotry, skills such as:

Heaven's Blessing (5000 Gold) - Gives +(50+Strength)% bonus damage to the user for 20s. (Only takes base damage for bonus, not items.)
God's Wrath (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Casts on self, gives a return-damage/Thorns aura that returns (150+Strength)% damage taken for 15s.
Divine Warrior (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Passive. If killed, and possessing more than 60 Mana at the time of death, the user revives to fight again, with full Health and Mana. Has a 900s cooldown.
Holy Wrath (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - ~500 AoE, bathes the area in a holy light, protecting and shielding the user and his allies (+99,999 armor to allies) for 6s, and damaging all foes around with Holy Element damage (deals 150% dmg to undead/demons).

And

Geomancer

Cool Geomancer Picture Here

- Advanced ranged class (Ideally, I'd like to see him with 250 or 300 range, but if melee classes can't turn into ranged heroes, melee would suffice).
- Based on earth/terrain-based spells, moreso a short-ranged caster.
Skills: Geomagic, Nature's Wrath, Earth's Guidance, Violent Chasm
Weapons: Rods (Still capable of beating on people, if you keep it melee, but made for magical properties, and can ground them into the earth to direct the flow of magic.)
Misc: Escutcheon (Big, heraldic/pretty shields, such as Targes and Rondaches. I only make this different from the original 'Shield' so every class has their own unique Misc category.)

Terrain and Earth based skills.

Geomagic (5000 Gold) - Deals dmg to the target, and also a random effect. These effects include a slow (30% chance), a knock-back (25% chance), a 2s stun (20% chance), a dmg-over-time effect (15% chance), or all-of-the-above (10% chance).
Nature's Wrath (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Deals damage, plus an effect 'based on terrain' (based on user's location). If outdoors, deals physical damage, and stops movement for 4s. If in D1, deals Shadow Element damage, and removes all Threat currently in play on that target. If in D2, deals Water Element damage, and stuns for 2.5s. If in D3, deals physical damage, and causes Blind (75% miss effect) on the target for 4s. If in D4, deals Fire Element damage, and adds a dmg-over-time aura to the target for 4s.
Earth's Guidance (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Passive ~300 AoE aura. Increases the user and affected allies' movement speeds by +20%. (Comeon, it's finally time for a little bit more movespeed than just Feline Reflexes, and 1 new Assassin passive.)
Violent Chasm (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Causes the ground to tremble and shake in a growing area around the user (starting with 100 AoE, +50 AoE every pulse up to 500 AoE), dealing damage to all foes caught within with every pulse. One pulse every half second. Deals physical damage, and slows everything caught within, including allies (No dmg to allies, just slow effect) for 2s after the quake passes. (Think DotA-Sand King's Epicenter)

Please rate/consider based on concept. Numbers can be changed, and even singular skills removed/editted/re-worked.

PS: I would also suggest/propose a handfull of Mail items that give Mana. Perhaps some Helms?

Last edited:
LanderZ: Same problem here ...
if you have a concept for a base class, always ask yourself this question:
"Is the class suited to be a 'commoner'?", meaning when you travel through the world, you would encounter hundreds of these people?
if you can't answer this question with "yes", then it's unlikely to get implemented.

Level 6
LanderZ: Same problem here ...
if you have a concept for a base class, always ask yourself this question:
"Is the class suited to be a 'commoner'?", meaning when you travel through the world, you would encounter hundreds of these people?
if you can't answer this question with "yes", then it's unlikely to get implemented.

Not sure how many Magicians you'd find throughout the world, or rangers that can summon big ol' puppies.

I figure the hero-bit still has some degree of individuality.

But it's your call, long run, anyway.

Edit: While there aren't any, yet, all it would take is the appearance of one dragon to make some folks worship/feel they are special critters/etc. Which could easily lead to any number of magicks and stuff that develop into this style of class.

Level 4
Not sure how many Magicians you'd find throughout the world, or rangers that can summon big ol' puppies.

He talks about the fantastic world landerz not real life. :/
So it is like we go in a city big shiny welcomes ppl and gives u the option to start a new life here. But then while u re in an inn you overhear a problem with undeads near the shore. So you go to the temple and ask about that to a 'paladin' there. After u dealt with this problem there starts a fest and 'bards' come to city you newly discovered and adopted. But a desease begins to spread, guessed as it has been brought by foreigners which has come to join the fest. And all 'clerics' and priests starts an expedition for a cure. In no time dead bodies fill the ground and cuz of panic the chaos crops up. As a gift from gods before saying their prayers 'thieves' begin their job with all the advantages they have got in this clutter, as the affliction brought by plague wasnt enough.
Feel like u re there cuz when i do, even with only words, it is the thing which we call 'dreams come true'. :) happens. kinda... Someone really should contrive a teleportation device to get us there. so that i mentioned can really happen.

Last edited:
Level 6
He talks about the fantastic world landerz not real life. :/
So it is like we go in a city big shiny welcomes ppl and gives u the option to start a new life here. But then while u re in an inn you overhear a problem with undeads near the shore. So you go to the temple and ask about that to a 'paladin' there. After u dealt with this problem there starts a fest and 'bards' come to city you newly discovered and adopted. But a desease begins to spread, guessed as it has been brought by foreigners which has come to join the fest. And all 'clerics' and priests starts an expedition for a cure. In no time dead bodies fill the ground and cuz of panic the chaos crops up. As a gift from gods before saying their prayers 'thieves' begin their job with all the advantages they have got in this clutter, as the affliction brought by plague wasnt enough.
Feel like u re there cuz when i do, even with only words, it is the thing which we call 'dreams come true'. :) happens. kinda... Someone really should contrive a teleportation device to get us there. so that i mentioned can really happen.

Really wasn't trying to argue. It's just that it all depends on how the maker creates the world.

As of right now, sentient trolls, dwarves, orcs and elves don't really fit into Gaia's. There's no precedent for them, and adding them could be construed as "it doesn't fit".

If the maker wants to add them in, he needs to add in the according lore and such. That's not really any different from a group of people who worship/served some ancient dragon (who may be all gone from the world, now), and as such their children have some link to that religion.

But, again, it's up to the mapmaker.

Level 4
There are orcs in Gaia's so they fit. As orcs do, dwarves should do too. And if there are elves then these 2 races should exist. Well as i guessed Z wants us to go to the main basics of all fantastic world. I mean we wont see Valar or illithids :D but demons undeads dragons 4 main races etc.
Also as i understand base classes should be the ones which we ll see as commoners in that basic world. You are right about what you said landerz but Z means we cant see many dragon disciples around in this basic fantastic world. And even these disciples would really exist they would be so less anyway. So 6th class will should be like a regular thief or a mage not someone like special as arcane scholar of Mytargas, Demon worshipper cultist etc.

Level 1
Okay, since the author of the map itself won't enlighten us further on the matter, I'll take the liberty of listing most, if not ALL the possible classes / races in Gaia (as base characters) , starting with the current 5 :

- Squire
- Ranger
- Cleric
- Thief
- Mage (Magician)
- Cultist (offensive spell-casters such as seen in D1 ; A cross-class between Cleric and Mage)
- Rogue (as above, a cross between the common Thief and Squire)
- Orc *title / probably warrior* (basic melee, tank class, etc.)
- Troll *title* (can be a strength-based spear user, not sure if tanker)
- Mechanic (inspired by the "peasant" merchants in the Port, might be a str / intel hybrid)
- Elf / Human Foot-soldier (as you can see them everywhere on the freakin' map ; clearly mail armored + strength base class material)
- VooDoo Apprentice / Shaman (Myt Port, 2nd job spell merchant)
- etc.

Now, out of all the above classes, the mail-armored, potentially "fresh" , though not exactly original ideas / suggestions are the Orc and the Foot-soldier, and maybe even the Troll and the Mechanic , but I doubt it. Either way, take your pick.

Hope this post was helpful.

There are orcs in Gaia's so they fit. As orcs do, dwarves should do too. And if there are elves then these 2 races should exist. Well as i guessed Z wants us to go to the main basics of all fantastic world. I mean we wont see Valar or illithids :D but demons undeads dragons 4 main races etc.
Also as i understand base classes should be the ones which we ll see as commoners in that basic world. You are right about what you said landerz but Z means we cant see many dragon disciples around in this basic fantastic world. And even these disciples would really exist they would be so less anyway. So 6th class will should be like a regular thief or a mage not someone like special as arcane scholar of Mytargas, Demon worshipper cultist etc.
I couldn't have explained it better. Plus: Dragon disciples would cause trouble lore-wise with the upcoming fourth dungeon. Dragons will have some relation to the main story in Gaias, that's why I wouldn't want something like a cultist or religious follower being a main class.

However, I don't see whats wrong with illithids ... aside from the fact that we won't import unit models just for a boss in the sewers... ;)
I love the D'n'D universe (as you might have noticed with the glowing red magic missile spell) ... would be a cool homage, if you ask me and I like some easter eggs placed here and there ...

Level 4
Ok then lets make special hero Artemis Entreri :D
I meant about illithids that it cannot be a class which players will use. Illithid boss in sewers would be really cool or creating a dungeon in there, in anyway that sewers are made incredibly perfect and empty.. They always seemed to me like they are waiting to be filled with slum monsters, some enigma, scary bosses and some undead but they are empty which dissappoints me.

Ok then lets make special hero Artemis Entreri :D
I meant about illithids that it cannot be a class which players will use. Illithid boss in sewers would be really cool or creating a dungeon in there, in anyway that sewers are made incredibly perfect and empty.. They always seemed to me like they are waiting to be filled with slum monsters, some enigma, scary bosses and some undead but they are empty which dissappoints me.
To be honest I never liked how the sewers turned out. Sure they look great, but we got a lot of trouble with walking height of units. We didnt want to waste so many destructables inside the sewers to place invis platforms everywhere ... which rendered the whole thing look weird, especially from a 3rd person perspective.
That's one of the main reasons why the sewers are not filled with monsters. The other reason is, that the whole sewers thing works much better without battling ... When you roam around the massive sewers, checking every spot and place for a secret or a hint what actually happened, it somehow creates a scary, mystical feeling, especially when you then spot the place for the second quest.
If you would have to fight your way through the sewers, this feeling would be gone and it would be a typical dark dungeon without any emotion to it...

Level 6
To be honest I never liked how the sewers turned out. Sure they look great, but we got a lot of trouble with walking height of units. We didnt want to waste so many destructables inside the sewers to place invis platforms everywhere ... which rendered the whole thing look weird, especially from a 3rd person perspective.
That's one of the main reasons why the sewers are not filled with monsters. The other reason is, that the whole sewers thing works much better without battling ... When you roam around the massive sewers, checking every spot and place for a secret or a hint what actually happened, it somehow creates a scary, mystical feeling, especially when you then spot the place for the second quest.
If you would have to fight your way through the sewers, this feeling would be gone and it would be a typical dark dungeon without any emotion to it...

Agreed. Though this feeling is only really evoked on your first visit....

Level 4
I surely know that. If i had explained better you wouldnt write these for others to see :) haha
I mean there is a great sewers terrain, and it already has what it needs, but there i see you have possibility to design these kind of places. And that sewers actually has its enigmatic presence. So i thought something like an entrance to dungeon there or an hidden illithid boss, both keeps the soul of the sewers. In any case i meant to deal with sewers, make it another world as big as the city(including d3). People will like to roam around there. And if there exists other things aside from mushrooms after a long way run in this labyrinth, wont it worth the effort? Even after people gets used to it, the feeling while running in there will stay. More features and much bigger terrain in sewers will lengthen the life there. I can guess how many people searched around the sewers even with the knowledge of it is empty. In the way of mushrooms noone will engage a battle nor in anywhere of sewers. But in a 'big place' they will find something worths to be found and just for that, they wont lose the soul of there.
edit: Or i just act selfish that i dont wanna see this place wasted only for some idiot mushrooms.

Last edited:
Level 6
(Dwarven) Miner

Cool Miner Picture Here

- A basic melee and AoE class
- Can evolve into Smithy and Geomancer
Skills: Skull Smash, Groundbreaking, Rum Splash, Hurl Rock, Heavyhanded, Escavate, Spitfire, Uncover
Weapons: (1&2-Handed) Maces, Hammers, Axes
Misc: Flasks (Yes, flasks/skins/flagons containing a Dwarf's true sustenance.... Dwarven Ale.)

The point of this class is to be an Area-of-Effect melee hero, and act as a secondary tank due to him having high Armor, and plenty of AoE damage to attract foes. Unlike a Sorceror, however, he has to be in the thick of the fight to deal his damage, and that's how he likes it. He may be a little bit of a drunkard, but, hey, Dwarves start drinking young and never quit.

(Spell names are just stuff I picked off the top of my head. Don't judge too harshly based on something completely changeable)

Skull Smash (Starter) - Deals 1.5x Attack Power to a target. Causes 1.5x more Threat than normal. (Physical)
Groundbreaking (Starter) - Smashes the ground immediately in front of the user (200 AoE in 35 degree arc, does not require targetting/auto-targets). Deals damage based on Str to everything within, and 1s stun to everything within. (Physical)
Rum Splash (250 Gold) - Splashes an area (~250 AoE, targettable) with liquor. Deals very low damage, slows affected targets by 30% for 6s, and gives them an Alcohol debuff for this duration. (Likely Strength/5 damage, something very small. Alcohol debuff makes things take extra Fire Element damage.) (Physical)
Hurl Rock (250 Gold) - Chipping into the ground, the Miner digs up a stone with such vigour it is lobbed at the target. 200 Cast range, deals damage and 1s stun to a single target.(Physical)
Heavyhanded (250 Gold) - Passive. The Miner swings his weapons with vigorous force, occasionally swinging so hard that the ground trembles. On 20% of attacks, deals 1/2 Strength damage in an area ~120 AoE around the user. (If the numbers need re-adjusting, base judgement on the concept. Perhaps 1/4 Str, or 15%, or whatever.)
Excavate (1000 Gold) - The Miner digs into the ground at his feet, causing a collapse of the ground around him. Deals damage in a ~200 AoE around the user. 1s cast time. Causes a high amount of threat, and a 0.1s stun. (Physical)
Spitfire (Scroll-Dungeon) - Fuelled with dangerously alcoholic breath, the Miner uses his trusty flint to ignite it, spraying a burst of fire out before him, scorching everything in its path. Deals damage in an AoE before the user, and does extra with Alcohol debuff in effect. (Fire Element)
Uncover (Scroll-Outworld) - Digging into the ground, the Miner reveals a gem or mineral hidden there. The properties of this skill depends on the uncovered item. (Most gems treated like immobile wards. 30% Ruby, deals 1/5 Str dmg per second in ~300 AoE. 30% Sapphire, slows attack/move-speed of foes in ~300 AoE by -20%. 30% Diamond, raises armor of allies in ~300 AoE by some Int multiplier, 10% Gold, gives the user some multiplier of Gold. Could substitute one for finding an item, like Copper Ore, Iron Ore and such.)

=================================
Class Change Quest
Created from the earth, and given back to the earth after death. The Miner's powers must lie within that same earth.
-Transported to a small'ish area, cave-styled background.
-Within are a number (10?) of rock-clusters, which can be attacked (they have a set amount of HP, perhaps 60 or 90 each?).
-Under these rock clusters are gems. There are a set number of gems (Ex. with 10 clusters, there could be 4 Topazes, 3 Sapphires, 2 Rubies, and 1 Diamond, etc.)
-These gems are randomized in location each time the zone spawns.
-Each gem has a different 'value' (Ex. Topaz = 1, sapphire = 3, Ruby = 6, Diamond = 10)
-To complete this quest, you must collect (18?) 'points' or value in gems.
-However, there are creatures in the cave that feast upon gems. I don't know enough D&D lore to know a name or type of creature that eats gems, outside of dragons and some serpents, but think small'ish, cave-dwelling things.
-There are ~15-20 of these creatures in the cave. They deal relatively low damage, but will often have enough numbers to swarm these rock clusters.
-If they find a gem (likely by destroying a rock cluster), they will attack and try to eat (destroy) it.
-If the Miner attacks a rock cluster being attacked by them, they will attack/target him. If the Miner attacks one of them, they will target him.
-The goal is to get enough gems before they are all eaten. Part of this comes down to toughness (tanking the critters). Part comes down to AoE defence (stuns and such). Part comes down to luck and perseverance in finding the gems. And a small part is damage, which helps break the rock clusters and kill the critters easier.

Smithy

Cool Smithy Picture Here, and Model Here

- Advanced melee class
- Based on incredible Strength, and metallurgic know-how.
Skills: Temper, Pound Forge, Denting Precision, Metallurgic Distemperment
Weapons: (1&2-Handed) Maces, Hammers, Axes
Misc: Flasks

Metallurgic based skills, with some brute force thrown in for good measure.

Temper (5000 Gold) - Buff, can be used on the user or allies. Adds +100% damage to the target for 25s. 45s cooldown. Only affects base damage.
Pound Forge (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - ~250 AoE around user, damages and stuns all enemies within it for 2s. (Physical)
Denting Precision (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Passive. Every attack from the Smithy reduces the target's Armor by (1/30 * Smithy's Int, rounded up). This debuff lasts for 3s. This debuff stacks with itself, resetting the 3s timer. Cannot reduce Armor below 1. (Now we're cooking with fire. A reason for the Smithy to be an offence attacker in combat, by chipping away at a target's armor, courtesy of his innate knowledge of Armor development and what it protects. Also brings his Int/Knowledge into battle.)
Metallurgic Distemperment (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Debuff, reduces the target's attack damage by -80% for 15s. 45s cooldown.
(If you want, you could remove one of these and add some kind of Forge skill, which could be used with the Copper/Iron ore to improve or create new items.)

Geomancer

Cool Geomancer Picture/Model Here

- Advanced ranged class (Ideally, I'd like to see him with 250 or 300 range, but if melee classes can't turn into ranged heroes, melee would suffice).
- Based on earth/terrain-based spells, moreso a short-ranged caster.
Skills: Geomagic, Nature's Wrath, Earth's Guidance, Violent Chasm
Weapons: Rods (Still capable of beating on people, if you keep it melee, but made for magical properties, and can ground them into the earth to direct the flow of magic.)
Armor Class: Leather
Misc: Sigil (Little emblems of the earth that tie their powers to the earth. A chance for some +Mana and +SP, which they'll need.)

Terrain and Earth based skills. Not a healer, and not even a true supporter. Offensive caster.

Geomagic (5000 Gold) - Deals dmg to the target, and also a random effect. These effects include a slow (30% chance), a knock-back (25% chance), a 2s stun (20% chance), a dmg-over-time effect (15% chance), or all-of-the-above (10% chance). (Shadow or Dark or Arcane Element)
Nature's Wrath (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Deals damage, plus an effect 'based on terrain' (based on user's location). If outdoors, deals physical damage, and stops movement for 4s. If in D1, deals Shadow Element damage, and removes all Threat currently in play on that target. If in D2, deals Water Element damage, and stuns for 2.5s. If in D3, deals physical damage, and causes Blind (75% miss effect) on the target for 4s. If in D4, deals Fire Element damage, and adds a dmg-over-time aura to the target for 4s.
Earth's Guidance (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Passive ~300 AoE aura. Increases the user and affected allies' movement speeds by +20%. (Comeon, it's finally time for a little bit more movespeed than just Feline Reflexes, and 1 new Assassin passive.)
Violent Chasm (1 of 3 new 1.2 Skills) - Causes the ground to tremble and shake in a growing area around the user (starting with 100 AoE, +50 AoE every pulse up to 500 AoE), dealing damage to all foes caught within with every pulse. One pulse every half second. Deals physical damage, and slows everything caught within, including allies (No dmg to allies, just slow effect) for 2s after the quake passes. (Physical) (Think DotA-Sand King's Epicenter)

Level 4
Cool ideas and i see u thought much about spells but it seems u just used some of them only to fill spellslots. For Miner's spells i can say perfect except spitfire and uncover. Uncover seems imba ridiculous o_O but dont take it as offense, you see i said other spells are perfect. But that dwarf i think needs better advanced classes. The thought of smithy is not that bad but there will be better classes instead of it. And smithy crafts armors weapons he doesnt go for adventure..
Also what is this geomancer love?? A dwarf using magic?? This is completely an utopia u can never see a dwarf using magic. If any one of them does something like that, other dwarves will kill him or kick him. If people takes this geomancer idea from final fantasy then final fantasy as u can see in its name ''fantasy'', is a fantasy game for rpg world. Even if u make dwarf evolve into an orc that will be more meaningfull.
I ve never liked geomancer. Why the hell did someone pop up that thought.. if i find that idiot ima absolutely kill him.
But that base class is nice, probably Z will take some ideas from this one if he is gonna make a dwarf.
And people who says kind of sick jokes about ur ideas with actually no comment, dont mind them and keep making suggestions. Ofc none of these heroes made by players will fit the game but they give ideas which is most important.

Level 11
I just briefly read thru some posts here and I thought it would be good to remind you all that Gaia's Retaliation is using basic hero types for each class. For example

Squire is a heavy melee fighter who goes in to either tanking or melee damaging.
Thief is a light melee fighter who deals lethal damage to the opponents.
Ranger is sort of a hybrid but still a ranged fighter.
Magician is focused on offensive magic.
Cleric is mostly focused defensive magic.

So what the new class would be is some one who doesn't have to much of the types tanking/melee/ranged/offensive magic/defensive magic

or basically a Hero with a completely different theme and play style. Some one who doesn't hack'n slash or snowball people.

Level 1
I just briefly read thru some posts here and I thought it would be good to remind you all that Gaia's Retaliation is using basic hero types for each class. For example

Squire is a heavy melee fighter who goes in to either tanking or melee damaging.
Thief is a light melee fighter who deals lethal damage to the opponents.
Ranger is sort of a hybrid but still a ranged fighter.
Magician is focused on offensive magic.
Cleric is mostly focused defensive magic.

So what the new class would be is some one who doesn't have to much of the types tanking/melee/ranged/offensive magic/defensive magic

or basically a Hero with a completely different theme and play style. Some one who doesn't hack'n slash or snowball people.

I don't really think a 6th class will be implemented really. It seems members hit these 3 walls :

1 - Originality (good ideas seem to be scares for some reason)
2 - Simplicity (a base class doesn't need a f*cking guide to be played)
3 - Impact / How or if the class blends in Gaia's world.

Level 4
How about male ranger? Ranged-melee class. Weapon and misc goes as ranger and thief. I mean we all know rangers also use two hand weapon fighting style.
My idea is to make him archer as advanced and change his main att to str with using only bows. Other advanced way is to make him melee with offhand swords* and agi as main attribute.
I dont know about spells, this is just an idea and suits well. Also dont misunderstand the word 'ranger'. It comes from range not from hero's ranged attacks lol.
Well anyway idk how to fit this calls into gameplay, but i think about agi ranger should be a dps one with an agro takable and durable tank tiger(advanced passive with new vers -i thought something like every attack goes to tiger's agro not hero's). And str ranger goes to big dmg dealer with low speed but strong dmg skills, with a fast agile tiger(again advanced passive with new vers -with an active skill tiger's agro goes to hero's makes it 2x agro for 10-15 seconds and that may create a better fighting ground for clever teams). As it is clear both will get dmg skills after their job quest depends on their weapons. But the problem is there are already lots of dmg dealers :/
But well we can create a new fighting styles o_O Like making this archer a nice tank with his capability of keeping enemies at his range and with his avoidability. I am thinking something about fighting steps (cool name ha? :D), avoids attacks and makes enemies stumble. For male ranger. Suits both advanceds o_O
There will be 3 leather users. But there is always a possibility to make new leather items, leather armor giving str bonus, leather helm giving cons and evasion, and melee ranger may share druid's items. So i say lets make this melee ranger dps-support, idk how, yea i really dont. But lets do it :O

How about male ranger? Ranged-melee class. Weapon and misc goes as ranger and thief. I mean we all know rangers also use two hand weapon fighting style.
My idea is to make him archer as advanced and change his main att to str with using only bows. Other advanced way is to make him melee with offhand swords* and agi as main attribute.
I dont know about spells, this is just an idea and suits well. Also dont misunderstand the word 'ranger'. It comes from range not from hero's ranged attacks lol.
Well anyway idk how to fit this calls into gameplay, but i think about agi ranger should be a dps one with an agro takable and durable tank tiger(advanced passive with new vers -i thought something like every attack goes to tiger's agro not hero's). And str ranger goes to big dmg dealer with low speed but strong dmg skills, with a fast agile tiger(again advanced passive with new vers -with an active skill tiger's agro goes to hero's makes it 2x agro for 10-15 seconds and that may create a better fighting ground for clever teams). As it is clear both will get dmg skills after their job quest depends on their weapons. But the problem is there are already lots of dmg dealers :/
But well we can create a new fighting styles o_O Like making this archer a nice tank with his capability of keeping enemies at his range and with his avoidability. I am thinking something about fighting steps (cool name ha? :D), avoids attacks and makes enemies stumble. For male ranger. Suits both advanceds o_O
There will be 3 leather users. But there is always a possibility to make new leather items, leather armor giving str bonus, leather helm giving cons and evasion, and melee ranger may share druid's items. So i say lets make this melee ranger dps-support, idk how, yea i really dont. But lets do it :O
Sorry, but there is already a ranger class in Gaias and it doesn't present me enough diversity from the original ranger to follow this idea.

@ all:
I'm open for suggestions regarding the following class ideas:
Merchant (Alchemist // Engineer // Blacksmith), Mercenary/Adventurer (need advanced classes and concept for this), Mountaineer (need advanced classes here), Witch/Warlock (original concepts needed, as a mail wearing melee spellcaster)

Level 1
Sorry, but there is already a ranger class in Gaias and it doesn't present me enough diversity from the original ranger to follow this idea.

@ all:
I'm open for suggestions regarding the following class ideas:
Merchant (Alchemist // Engineer // Blacksmith), Mercenary/Adventurer (need advanced classes and concept for this), Mountaineer (need advanced classes here), Witch/Warlock (original concepts needed, as a mail wearing melee spellcaster)

Was it seriously that hard to just post this a few months back ?...Would have saved both the members and yourself a lot of time.

Level 1
My suggestion(not finished):

Base class: Inventor

Intelligence(melee)

Weapon:Dagger,Staff
Misc:Gadget
Armor:Mail

Skills:

Chain hook: Pulls the target to the inventor(800 range) and makes it attack him for 3 seconds
Electroshock: Deals 1.2xspellpower lightning dmg to target(instant)

Tesla Weapon: Enchances your weapon with lightning dmg 20,55%
Revitalizer: 50% chance to ressurect a dead player with full health(cooldown:240 sec)
"Something":(Passive)Increases all resistances by 20%
"Something":(Toogle)Increases thread generated from lightning dmg by 50%

Mechanized Armor:Increases target armor by 10% of int
Flash grenade: Throws a bomb on target area(300 aoe) that deals 3xspellpower lightning dmg and renders targets unable to moveI(not stun) for 5 sec(not bosses)

Advanced class: Engineer

Stenght(range)

Weapon:Gun
Misc:powder

Skills:
Mechanical Arachnid:Summons a mechanical spider that has 35% of the owner stats(strenght based) and can have one active skill to fight for the gunner

Medical Arachnid:Gives the spider a mend spell
Venom Arachnid:Gives the spider a strong poison spell
Armored Arachnid:(passive) Increases the armor of the spider by 50% of owner's strenght

Advanced class: Scientist

Inteligence(melee)

Weapon:Dagger,Staff
Misc:Gadget

Skills:

Create scroll:Creates a scroll with a random spell which is added to the spellbook and can be used only once(only two spells can be created and ready for use)

Healing Jacket:(passive)Scientist heals himself by 10 hp per second
Strong Poison:Thorws a flask filled with poison at target location(100 aoe) that deals 4xspellpower dmg over 20 seconds and creates medium thread
Molotov Cocktail:Throws an exploding flask that...don't know yet...

Level 4
As long as he does this sientic things.. isnt it meaningless to use spellpower for them? Str means more for these skills. And some of them int not spellpower.

Level 4
Well then u should ve told me about ur idea before posting it o_O so we could perfectalize it :O
and beam knows german not me :D but im pro at using google translate!

Level 1
he got this ideas after people's suggestions.

Very well then. I'd like people to put their two cents to the following if that's the case :

The 6th base class has to :

- Wear mail armor (check)
- Have strength as its main attribute (not a must, but it would make sense)
- Attack at melee ranged ; casting = ranged (currently we have 3 ranged classes and 2 melee ones)
- Not be overly complicated (in design)
- Be somewhat original in concept
- Have two classes it can "split" into

...Am eye doin' dis rait ?

The 6th base class has to :

- Wear mail armor (check)
- Have strength as its main attribute (not a must, but it would make sense)
- Attack at melee ranged ; casting = ranged (currently we have 3 ranged classes and 2 melee ones)
- Not be overly complicated (in design)
- Be somewhat original in concept
- Have two classes it can "split" into

...Am eye doin' dis rait ?
This is correct.

Level 1
This is correct.

*ZING*

I'm getting right on this tomorrow 'w'

Edit :

To be honest, I would really like to take a whack at one of YOUR suggestions!

Without further adieu :

Mountaineer

...well, cyan looks terrible...

Mountaineer

*fixed*

Background :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ankhmaron is not just the last safe haven, but it's also the only place you can find a decent bar nowadays. Enter the Mountaineer , a sturdy dwarf adept at tasting the most varied of brews with little recoil, giving him the "warmth" and courage to climb up the highest peaks of Ankhmaron's mountains.

General summary of Mountaineer's skills / rolls in Gaia :

- Unlike the Squire class, he'll probably be more of a damage dealer / support than a tank.
- Dispite the above, he will have slower attack speed.
- He will most likely use custom (therefore, new) items that define him and his role.
- His starting misc item will be "(Beer) Mug" - allowing him to lower his defence in favor of providing bonus damage (maybe even strength) for a period of time.

* Note , he needs to use "Drunkard" (one of his two primary skills) whilst holding his misc item (Mug) in order for the effects to take place. I figure the mechanics are relatively the same with Berseker requiring a double-handed weapon in oder to cast ...you know where I'm going with this, hope it's possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical details :

- Wears mail armor (and similar accessories ; i.e. : gauntlets, helmets, etc.)
- Main weapon(s) : I'd love to see some Axes, Hammers, Bludgeons, Morningstars, etc. on this baby. Would be awesome
- He may split into "Viking" or "Mountain King". I'll discuss them when the time comes.
- Oh and I didn't think I'd have to state the obvious but his default model should be a dwarf. A bearded , hammer-in-the-face type dwarf.

Basic overview on starting stats, items and skills :

Stats :
- Primary attribute : Strength
- 80-100 base HP (whatever goes for balance)
- 30 base Mp (He doesn't really rely on mana until class-changes)
- Damage 6-8
- Strength : 5 ; Agility : 4 ; Intelligence : 2

Items :
- Old Bludgeaon / Morningstar / Hammer and so on (probably +2 , +3 damage with a 5% attack speed penalty if needed)
- (Beer) Mug : grants +1 damage, -5% attack speed

Skills :
- Drunkard : The user takes a "sip" out of the ol' Mug and gets ready for battle, providing him with X%damage + similar amount* extra stregth (*optional) at the cost of "X" armor (cannot go bellow 0 armor). Duration : 5-7 seconds. Cool-down : 15 seconds.

- Headbut : Fueled by anger (or alcohol), the user rams the target, hitting it with his head, stunning them for 1.5 seconds and dealing X damage. If under the effect of "Drunkard" , the stun last twice as long, but the user is stunned for 1.5 seconds as well. Cool-down : 16-18 seconds.

* The damage , stun duration and bonuses are to be discussed. This is just a general idea of the Mountaineer's abilities / concept.

Unlike my last suggestion, I hope this one makes more sense in the world of Gaia. If not, I really, really need to think a little more about simplicity (as I hope I didn't overdo it with the skills, I just hope the general idea was formed on what this guy's all about)

Hope you enjoyed reading...somewhat...

¬ Kl3sk

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey all! and how are u guy doing? for me.... im snapping around on Diablo II and Diablo III just for fun... hehehe. But anyway... i look over all comments and posted... *No comment* then i'm getting way out of no where.... *probably most of you going to ignore this post? becuz some of things im typing right now its not so what importants? :U

Anyway.... i'm stay on this topic... before im start some flaming in here or what-so.. lol *i shouldnt be... :D*

Uhmm.. so... we're on Mail armor classes right? all simply, cleans, interesting, less model space for the map terrain, and triggers.. hmm interesting.. this should be some what right about most of my ideas, but one question... what kind of theme will it related to gaias?* and.... first of all, what i meant theme is something... that's part of the story, like.. mystery! some legend that's remain and unknown to the history! *and ya.. u can say its the main point to the class suggestion..*

I'm not talking about a legendary heroes or anything, what i want to say is some unknown group of race/tribes/ or people that's been exits and living unknownly on the land that people havn't discover yet.

So..... let make this clear....
1) This is a suggestion
2) DONT yell at me ( '-' )
3) Bad idea? :U make it improve some how?
4) = = dont rage...
5) I'm not making a flame here D:
6) Happy Thanksgiving :D

Level 8
Class: Shaman

Class Type: Buffer / Debuffer

Armor Type: Mail

Wepon: Mace

Misc: Totem

Spells 1: Lower the enemys armor by Armor Penetration x0.3 and deals AP x 1.2 over 12 seconds last 12 seconds

Spell 2: Place a power totem at the Shamans position increasing all allys armor by the shamans armor /10 and grans the shamans sp /5 to allys last 20 seconds

Spell 3: The shaman has a aura around him that damages all enemy in 250 aoe around him for agility

Spell 4:

That is all i could think of for know might finish it later.

Level 4
@Kl3sk, this time bro u made a good one :D but the name of him is kinda ?..!? o_O make it simplier as 'dwarven' and lets release it with new version.
Or even if it wont be approved by Z lets just use that headbut on a dwarven hero. But also a dwarf should go insane.. with %X chance as he is attacked, he is gonna go mad, ME SMASH ME CRUSH HOOOOARHG WILL YE FACE ME NOW SCUM AS I LOOK INTO YER EYES.. or.. ME SMASH ME CRUSH HOOOOARHG YE GOTTA GET OUT OF MA WAY BONBONS.. well first one adds dwarf buffs against the certain target, 2nd one adds splash n dmg to dwarf against around all targets.. and i prefer a frenzy skill which will add attackspeed to dwarf as he keeps fightin' ..DWARVENN MADNESS.. a dwarf drinks eats and undeniably fights..
uhm but these should be advanced class skills i guess.
Hah and also the ones i mentioned with yells can be first 5k costing skills after class change. first one goes tooo tank dwarf, second one goes toooo dps dwarf. And +agro to the tank dwarf with this skill.
If u didnt like the way i ve spoken then dont mind it just check the suggestion. It is been thought just to fit the dwarf.

Level 1
I think this tinker is a good idea, but... when you look at other classes... and whole map. The question arise how he get here? As far as i know people, because of curiosity new players will prefer this new eccentric class than other normal classes.

*EDITED OUT BY ZWIEBEL*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.