• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'd like some people to check my hero skills and terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I've created a terrain for what is possibly going to be a campaign. I've also created a hero with several custom skills.

Screenshots:

img_1.jpg

img_2.jpg

img_3.jpg

Skills:
Distort Reality
Knocks back all monsters in close range, dealing initial damage and additional burn damage.

img_9.jpg

Distortion Wave
Releases a triangle shaped wave of doom that burns ans slows down enemy units.

img_7.jpg

Telekinesis
By the wave of his hand, the caster lifts the target in the air, shoots lighnings at it, and finally slams the target back to the face of the earth.

img_6.jpg

Iron Maiden
The caster halts any enemy movement in wide are and summons coffins to deal some unholy damage upon the targets.

img_8.jpg

Soul Chain
Pulls targets towards the caster, sucking life out of them and healing himself. Also stuns as the targets get close to the caster.

img_5.jpg

Soul Link
Forms a bond between the caster and the target. The target takes a portion of damae dealt to the caster, making the cster able to survive longer.

img_4.jpg

Soul Devour
A passive ability that allows the caster to gain life over conquered enemies.

Raise Skeletons
Gives the hero a chance to raise skeletons from the bodies of vanguished enemies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be very happy if some of you could take the time to give some feedback on the skills and terrain. I can throw in some +rep for constructive feedback. I just wan't to know if I'm on the right path. Personally I'm quite pleased with these abilities :)

The map is attached, and it's protected. I put some units there to fight against. It's a single player map and requires 1.24 patch.

Known bugs:

Soul Chain does not spawn lighning effects for all targets, it only spawns it for the primary target. It works in my other test map though. Weird.

Iron Maiden does not always connect with all targets.

Attachments

• Hero_Test_v09.w3x
    143.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 4
Terrain: Mushrooms+Scorched Earth+Fire+Floating Rocks+Glaciers+Other Mushrooms+Floating Rocks+Different Mushrooms+Pink Leaf, Yellow Bud Plants+Geysers+More Different Mushrooms+Big Fiery Geyser... what is this, Hell with a touch of the north pole? What kinda chef are you? (Just saying, terrain may be a bit over done, not beating on ya. Your choice there, man, just feedback)

Distortion Wave: Don't make so many blasts of death and decay, maybe make like 4 or 5 orb of annihilation missiles fly outward.

Rest of the Activated Spells: I like them, creative, and not too many effects getting in the way of your sight. Bravo.

Passive Abilities: Not bad, average/good ideas for passives, I like 'em.

PS: I think it's protected. I can't open it.

Level 13
what type of terrain were you going for?

PS hero test map don't work its set for only 1 player a map must have atlest 2 players to work

Level 48
I love the skills, but the terrain could use some improvements. First of all, randomly spamming doodads is bad, don't do this. Try putting one big doodad(e.g., a rock) and several(e.g., flowers, plants or mushrooms)(4-5) small doodads around it. Secondly, those crystals don't fit, you might want to tint them to be red.

Level 37
if its single player then add way more because it just looks bad no offense.

What do you mean by that?

I mean, there's no story or anything there yet, no cinematics or much scripted events. This was just to showcase the skills and the terrain.

I love the skills, but the terrain could use some improvements. First of all, randomly spamming doodads is bad, don't do this. Try putting one big doodad(e.g., a rock) and several(e.g., flowers, plants or mushrooms)(4-5) small doodads around it. Secondly, those crystals don't fit, you might want to tint them to be red.

That tinting idea sounds good, and I'll work on the doodads. Could you be a bit more specific about the skills? Did you find anything to be out of place, some bugs? What were the best skills? How about the special effects used and so on.

i tried single and it didnt work

Hmm...it did work for these other guys and for me. What patch do you have? I'm using 1.24b.

Many thanks to all who have replied and taken the time to test the map, and if you have some ideas/suggestions them keep them coming :)

Level 13
you said its single player like just 1 player not a bnet game which means you can add as much as you want and fix the terrain like add more high quality doodads instead of blizz doodads.

Level 7
Secondly, those crystals don't fit, you might want to tint them to be red.

Agreed.

I'm glad you're gonna be looking to change that. You should also be careful about any floating doodads you might have at the edge of your hills or on slopes. They're a hassle to fix but are relatively easy to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.