- May 7, 2010
Contestants are to choose an ingame unit and give him hero abilities. There can be a huge space for creative solutions around upgrading some casual unit into a hero with 4 abilities.
The more unique and intriguing the abilities are the better it is. Be wild with your imagination!
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- Your work must be mostly freehand. CnPs, trace-overs or heavy referencing existing artwork are not permitted. Use of textures and filter work is permited.
- You must show at least 2 unfinished previews (WIP) for each of your submissions, before the deadline, as proof that they're yours.
- Drawing on canvas size smaller than 256x256 pixels: the .psd file may be required as the verification of authorship.
- The icons must be made specifically for the contest. No previous works are allowed.
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- The icons must be physically attached to a post when complete and uploaded to the icon section. Icons mustn't be updated once uploaded, until the contest poll is over.
- Judges may not participate in the contest.
- No irrelevant, non-constructive or off-topic posts will be tolerated in this thread.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- 1st place: 50 reputation points
- 2nd place: 35 reputation points
- 3rd place: 20 reputation points
- Entry: 4 reputation points
- Judge: 5 reputation points
The three winning teams will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.
- Judge 2
- Judge 3
Consistency of the icons in the pack
|Do the icons compliment each other well?||/10|
|Is the style similar to standard icons?||/10|
|How qualitative is the concept, how unexpected and creative is the idea? Originality and uniqueness of icons are judged. How fitting are icons for chosen unit?||/25|
|Quality of color, composition, expressiveness, shape, definition, sharpness, clarity, shading, realism, proportions, rendering, details, materials.||/55|
- Judgement: 75%
- Poll: 25%
The contest shall begin on 15th August 2019 and conclude on 25th September 2019 GMT (day is included).