1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Icon Contest #17 - Poll

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by ~Nightmare, Jul 19, 2018.

?

Best entry?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2018.
  1. Darkfang

24.1%
  2. Exarch

5.2%
  3. ~Nightmare

32.8%
  4. PrinceYaser

8.6%
  5. Sharkarsh

27.6%
  6. Wildfire

1.7%
  1. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Interesting icons, i like all of those but my votes goes to @Sharkarsh in terms of concept is the best.

2. Kragez

Kragez

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Darkfang - Best combination of artstyle/color scheme here, but there's one minus - your set is just accessories and a dagger. It would've looked better if there was at least a helm or a chestplate.

@Exarch - Your background blurs the items too much. That helm looks like it doesn't really match the proportions. And I wouldn't recommend you putting the blade from this angle. I recognized that it's a blade only after looking at the names on your entry.

@~Nightmare - I like your background color scheme, reminds me of Game of Thrones. The background of the amulet, however, differs from others, as well as the style of the amulet itself. I feel like that cloak could've been better in first variation from WIPs. And that crown does not look like a crown, I'd rather put this on top of my Christmas tree than on my head.

@PrinceYaser - Background is a little bit empty, especially on the ring icon. That mace looks very strange, for me it looks like a cat's paw on a stick. You should've made the gems look brighter and not so perfectly round, they should have crystal form. That chestplate though...

@Sharkarsh - Your icon set looks very cartoon-ish to me. But the idea of drawing a samurai set is pretty good. That boots look much more unpolished compared to other icons.

@Wildfire - Your set lacks brightness, it's very dull and depressing. The horns look a bit strange, more like wing bones of baby dragon. The ring doesn't look like it's made from metal. The necklace does not match with the helm, it looks like an orcish necklace, when the helm looks like a human helm.

So, I've commented on every icon set, and here's my top 3:
    1. Darkfang
    2. ~Nightmare
    3. Sharkarsh

So, my vote goes to @Darkfang.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  3. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That's because it's not a morningstar like you're thinking of, it's really more of a scepter with an outward facing set of spikes arranged around a central gem. The spikes are asymmetrical and the perspective is a bit wonky but I think it looks how it was supposed to look.

4. Kragez

Kragez

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually was thinking about a scepter-like weapon, not a morningstar. These little spikes and that round gem just make this one look cute to me.

5. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    We need a little patience here as I'm looking for a judge and I have no internet XDd

6. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Crown is a helm, in terms of equipment, it is more like a mage/warlock/priest set

7. Kragez

Kragez

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that, but it's like all golden and shiny, there's no "strictness" in your set.

8. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources: