• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
is it possible to copy a model correctly? when I try copy and paste the houses which were premade, all elements drop to the bottom :(
Unfortunately not with the standard editor. Perhaps the HiveWE will get this feature, or we will get it from Blizzard in future.

What I personally do is to set cliffs to e.g. roof height, foundation height etc. and then just paste the building blocks there, then you can move the blocks with ease and construct the house without having to set the height of each block by performing a genocide on your Page Up&Down keys.

Level 11
1. Get the tool MPQ editor, open your maps with it then extract your war3map.doo files from both maps. After that, drag both of them into the merger.

2. Then import the resulting .doo file into your map of choice using also mpq editor.

I really miss the good old days where terrain board is a paradise of arts and something like this, the modular stuffs for terraining, back in the day when people are waiting for the updates from this thread then Talavaj will come by and give us some shiny goodies. Now i am just looking back at every page of this thread looking for that excitement we had before. I am still hoping that someday more goodies will come from this thread.

(I am not crying i swear).

Level 10
I really miss the good old days where terrain board is a paradise of arts and something like this, the modular stuffs for terraining, back in the day when people are waiting for the updates from this thread then Talavaj will come by and give us some shiny goodies. Now i am just looking back at every page of this thread looking for that excitement we had before. I am still hoping that someday more goodies will come from this thread.

(I am not crying i swear).

I feel you man..

Level 17
You will be able to come here like that again when Reforged is out.
Since I will, most likely, be releasing some of my more recent art for Reforged.

I tried to port some things to vanilla, but it looks like pile o' shit, since I'm using 4k atlases these days that can't really be reduced down to 512p without everything looking like a pile of vomit.

Like these things:
ivan-janik-pic1.jpg

ivan-janik-pic3.jpg

ivan-janik-pic2.jpg

Level 17
Thanks!
People were clearly just scared to question my artistic intent, I bet.

I was looking at some of the Reforged art and I have to say that the environment art looks pretty bad compared to the units.

Are any of you thinking of giving Reforged terraining a try? And if so, what theme of assets you think you could make use of the most?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Reforged is a broken mess as far as I'm concerned - 30GB of horrid performance, missing features, broken features and semi-functional assets. I'm on 1.27b

Level 10
I'm playing on SD (classic graphics), some maps got fucked up but the ones I play are working.
Never bought and never will buy actual Reforged, because the art style is just horrendous.

I forced my map to SD, and try to persuade other mappers to do the same. Because when classic and reforged graphics play together it just crashes or descyns all the time.

Level 6
So, what is wc3 modding like these days?

Have we all officially moved to Reforged?
Hey,
As for us, yeah we smoothly transitioned to Reforged.

Sure, some models are shitty, but in general the updated models look nice.
I'd say many ppl are mostly experiencing problems since maps played on Refoged not made for it can be little bit cluttered and the dinstinguish is bad as well.
That's why we use only HD graphics natively, ofc we will make sure there are no models missing in SD And its playable...

Like your work a lot, will you update the models to higher res to be usable and more fitting for reforged as well?