• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Battlemage

This is based of an OC that I use in roleplays. One day I thought it would be fun to make a model of him. My first and, as of right now, only attempt at modeling. Its been pretty tedious but also fun af. Figured I'd show him off here in case anyone would want to use him for something. By all means!
Contents

Battlemage Portrait (Model)

Human Battlemage (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice model edit of the Elf Priest. Good use of textures. Works in-game and perform well.
Level 5
Wow, thanks for all the positive responses. Wasn't expecting that. To be honest, I didn't plan on doing too much improvement of it. Seemed fine enough to me. But I have done a few minor edits to it based on your comments.

1. Changed the particles for his spell attack animation into something more fitting for a mage.
2. Fixed his hair so it doesn't clip through his cape while he is standing.

As for the comment about his feet and satchel being too big, its the same size as in the original human mage model. I'm not sure if I am going to do anything about it. Especially since most units in the game are portrayed with pretty big feet, so I think its par for the course.

Level 5
that helm really makes him a pin-head xD you might wanna widen both the head and the helm, or make the helm less tall

edit: also setting the helm's material twosided will remove the mesh invisibility from certain angles

Woah, that is a great idea! Thanks a lot! As you can see, I'm a total noob and made this model on a whim. If I make more models, I will try to learn a bit more about modeling. :p

I made a few more edits to the model:
1. Fixed the helmet from being invisible on certain angles.
2. Made the head a bit shorter.
3. Minor corrections to his chest and legs. Kneecap area is a bit wider and chest doesn't stick out too much.