• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlemage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know I most likely will get little feedback, if at all. WC3Search isn't the best to advertise/ask for suggestions, but I'll try anyways. Only a few minutes out of my time to get some possibly good feedback :D

Battlemage was a small side-project I was working on during my escapades at learning more advanced JASS and helping several others with triggers. However, once those little deterents got washed away, I was left with an unfinished, decently concept map I called Battlemage.

The idea was simple, create a hero Free-For-All that would be based on survival, and not kills. It is very interesting, and proves to provide some great strategies as in all other games. After I had created the first version (1.0) and "released" it by playing it with a few friends, I learned I had much work to do. After about 2-3 months of off and on work I am happy with the map, but not satisfied. There are minor bugs to work out, none that effect gameplay much if at all, but polishing always comes last.

Right now Battlemage is getting somewhat more complex, yet it is still the simple survival game. Now you must fight your way to the center. Random Events such as "Polar Shift" which pull heroes is random directions. The game has good things going for it now, and it is about time to polish it and let it flourish, if it does at all.

My question for you is, what is Battlemage missing? What can I do to improve this map? Anything. Everything. Even if your idea changes the foundation of the game, I want to hear it. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=861

Level 3
mayb you could make it like a random terrain maze thats created with idestructible dodads or walls/raised terain every time you play so it will always be different tho i dont know how you could do thin neways have fun :D

Level 3
Well, there are several ways to do such.

The easiest way would be just to randomly place doodads from a predetermined pool. It wouldn't be very pretty.

Another way would be to create several systematic formulas in which to place the doodads and select one of the formulas.

The best looking, most difficult, most time cosuming way that I can come up with would be to create several different terrains, then log the location of the doodads. Selecting a terrain at random, it could place them and have good looking terrain. The problem with this is that you would have to have a placing action for each doodad.

---------------------------------------------------

Good idea, I might look into it. Talsmic did a great job with the terrain, I would hate to throw that away. Yet the idea of random terrain adding the the randomness that (I think) makes the idea fun...is very intriguing.

Edit: For those interested, here is a very condensed version of the next patchlist. These are just major changes.

* Have a "timer" before the start of the random events. This timer will turn off at the time the second level is gained. 45 seconds after, the first event will spawn.
* Time between world events will be increased to 45 seconds
* The world events will now only spawn in the "center" section of the map. The center is the entire open area around the statue.
* An anti-camp function will be added to the bases. It will cost 50 gold and will be deactivated upon reaching level 15.
* New World Event: Energy Surge; all force shields protecting home bases are deactivated for 30 seconds.
* Random Events won't be so random anymore, I have yet to decide the stats.
* Staff of Steel implemented.

The Staff of Steel grants +6 Str and a stun ability that lasts for 1.5 seconds. It will become the Fire Mage's bread and butter, I'd imagine.

Level 3
Could someone please give a look at the map? I'm starting to run out of things to do so...yeah.

The hardest thing to deal with is the complaints from people who play the map once saying "OMG this map sucks my hero is underpowered! You set the map up!" (Which I don't. I have a couple testing triggers...but I'm not low enough to use them in a game.) So I hardly get any real response and my friend that once had an interest in it seems to be going on and off of WC3. So again, my only real feedback is starting to dwindle, and that's why I'm asking others for some help.

Level 3
Not that much anyone cares, if at all, but if posting this here gets one person a new version its worth it.

Version 1.3 BETA released. As posted in the discussion thread at: http://www.thewarcenter.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20184

" Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=861

Background Story: The Life Mage

CODE

The Life Mage is the Head of the Tower of Light. This tower is dedicated towards destroying darkness and bringing everlasting Life to the people.

Dhanlor is the sibling of Dhanla, the Head of the Wind Tower. They were born into a family of Archmagi. Their mother, Juliana, wore the Robe of the Archmagi for many years. Their father was the Head of the Tower of Light, ceded by the eldest Dhanlor.

Dhanlor is abitious. He is much like his father in many ways. He wants to gain the power of the Robe to cast out the Tower of Death from the Towers. The Death Magi, he claims, are corrupt and will lead to the death of the Tower of Light.

Dhanlor has the ability to use many clerical ability. He has much favor in the Gods, and calls upon them. Angels are his usual aid, but sometimes even the gods themselves will grant him power beyond belief.

Changes:

Easter Egg Hunt! You find them! tongue.gif

Edit:

Ok. Here's the deal. Each new version brings a new background story. These stories will be embeded in Trigger Comments (I didn't add this one in yet.). I may edit or expand some background stories at times. The changes I made were numerous and I didn't make a patchlist as I should have when going through. I'm slipping, I know.

Also, at a suggestion by Guy, we will be reworking the hero abilities a bit. Not much, each hero will have their core abilities, besides the new idea for the "Soul Mage" instead of an "Ethereal Mage" This means the superultimates are on hold, and may never come. For example the Light Mage has his abilities spread like: "2, 3, 7, 2 (Ult)" instead of the normal "4, 4, 4, 1" that was on each hero. Not all heroes will be like this, mind you, but all heroes will get a special identity (hopefully) from these changes."

Status
Not open for further replies.