• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

battlemages tournament open beta (please test!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi everyone.

this is my battlemages tournament early beta.

the map plays fluidly and there should be little to no bugs.

the only reason its beta, is because it currently only has 1 selectable arena (out of the 4 it will have when finished) and because there are no permanent items in the shop yet. there will also be much much more spells to chose from in the final version.

the map takes a little to get into i have to admit. because of this 50% of players leave after 10 seconds, because they are to lazy to figure things out and dont appreciate any original and new map concept.

=====================================================
on to the map itself
=====================================================

when requested, player 1 (the game host) has to type in

" -dmmtXX " without the "'s whereas XX is the desired frag limit.

dm stands for deathmacht (currently there is only dm mode)
mt stands for murloc temple (wich is the only currently available arena)

.... game mechanics

your hero has 4 spell slots

y/z - is where you can store 1 passive ability.
x - any spell from the "x spellbook"
c - any spell from the "c spellbook"
v - any spell from the "v spellbook"

you can find and work out combos like this. there are many different kinds of spells, from directly damage inflicting, to summonings, and some melee attacks wich take technique to connect properly.

at this stage of the map, the most complex spell is "mindburst". wich noobs often refer to as "imba", because they dont understand the mechanics of the spell.

take the time to read the spell descriptions to properly understand them, and thus be able to really enjoy the map to its fullest.

the map does not play well with less than 6 players. and as i mentioned before, people might need some time until they figure things out.
as a general rule, if you test this map with weak wc3 players, you will only get negative feedback because they lack the speed and understanding to really get the gist of the map.

so anyone who feels interested please feel free to try this out, and post any comments and feedback you want.

why does it not display the pictures?

my.php

my.php

my.php

Attachments

• BattlemagesV1.1opt.w3x
    352.1 KB · Views: 65
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 138
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 138
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 170
Level 9
yes i know. before the map you are talking about was made, there was already a battlemages map too.

wich was made by me. lol...

wich was basically just like this one, but with lots of flaws and bad triggering...

i think dark revenant was the author of the map wich came after my first version of "battlemages"

LOL you are such a loser dark.revenant ... such a shameless fucking loser...

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.