• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Project: Skill Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here i show you the Beta of my second Project: Skill wars

This is a hero arena map, which uses an other fighting- and skill-System than other hero arena maps.

The objective of this Map is to use skills, which are spawned all over the map (description of this later), against enemy heros and creeps to defeat them and to gain as many kills as possible.

The map is special build for hiding and attacking-tactics, because it has got a quite huge area and has a unclear Terrain.

At the moment, there are 3 modes:
-Free for All
-Capture the Flag (Hold the Flag for a time)
-Deathmatch (15 kills for a win)

It can be also choosen between 3 team modulations:
-No Teams
-2-Player Teams
-4-Player Teams
(Teams are currently fixed [eg. player 1-2-3-4 vs player 5-6-7-8] )

To gain skills, you have to search for them. Skills are spawned all over the map and can be leveled up. To level a skill, pick up another skill of the same type. It has to be said that you can't level up 2 skills, which was picked up by before.

(eg:
- if you pick up a "spell shield" you get a "spell shield level 1"
- if you got a "spell shield level 1" and pick up another "spell shield", your "spell shield level 1" becomes a "spell shield level 2
- if you got a "spell shield level 1" and pick up a "spell shield level 1", they won't become a "spell shield level 2" )

If you got skills of the highest stage (every skill has its individualy Max Stage), then you can combine two different skills. There are special combinations, wich are most time logical, if you know what the combined skill is ;D .

I added some systems, which makes this game more complexive and gives the player more chances to customize your character:

-Pet System (You have to use the "Tame Pet" skill)
-Voodoo System (Use voodoo to hit an enemy somewhere in the Map without seeing him)
-Crafting System (You need a Craftkit, to craft Objects in your Object-Backpack)

(I have to admin, that these Systems haven't got that much content now)

This is a Beta, but it's completely playable at the moment, so watch out for bugs and please give suggestions for this map.

Some things i have to change anyway:

-Spelling Mistakes
-Skill Descriptions are sometimes cut by the game
-More Content
-Loading Screen

Credits to:

Icons:
HappyTauren
Wyvernoid

Betatesters:

Waveoffire
Racheevadda

And special thanks to Clan Tux and Clan Web

So, here is the Map:

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/110818/

(Screenshots will follow)

Terrain: IIIIIIIIII 100%
Heros: IIIIIIIIII 10%
Content:IIIIIIIIII 35%
Trigger: IIIIIIIIII (Depents on the Content)
All in all: IIIIIIIIII 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.