• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HotE 2.00 Beta Test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a simple Beta test for one of my maps:

Name:HotE 2 or It's real Name Heroes of the Endtime 2.00
Map Type: AoS/DotA (Only 1 Lane)
Stage: Early Beta
Version : 0.22

My first version of HotE got screwed up because of 3 things
1. To high file size, took years to download
2. Too unbalanced
3. It was just crappy

You play as a Hero, and tries too destroy the enemies base, but they also got heroes that protect their base and tries to destroy yours. Buy items to become stronger, or defeat bosses and gain great giftes. Soon i will begin working on HotE 3 and HotE Sc2. A simple Bot for player 1 or 2 that you can play against.

Story so far:
The forces of the Forsaken marches on, deeper and deeper into the lands of Shadow, but there was something that went wrong. A army of deamonic creatures attacked them from their flank and forced them too retriet. The belive it was from the army of the Shade Lord, the ruler of the underworld.
The Legions Outpost in the land of shadow is always in danger, but now when the Forsaken have reached them theres not much hope. The only thing they can do is to kill the forsaken before the Forsaken kills them. Now it's a battle against the clock. Now each side needs a Hero too win.

Martius Cealas, General of the Legion, Endtime

In this Version, there is more heroes, more balanc and some new things to do :)

This Beta test also includes HotE 2,5. It's mostly just a new map but almost the same :)
Please give me critics and ideas :D

Attachments

• HotE A.2.00. Beta 0.022.w3x
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • HotE_ThelandofHades0.10a.w3x
    666.1 KB · Views: 52
Level 13
Hi, I tested both versions. There is a lot of work to do :).
Your new map is not much better.

1.) Abilities, items and heroes need better descriptions.
Use one of the tooltip creators, which you can download by Tools
I am currently using "Colorpicker", I don't know if you can download it here.

2.) The Technican needs rework.
Try to add 'experation timer' when the buildings are finished and he needs real abilities.

3.)
My first version of HotE got screwed up because of 3 things
1. To high file size, took years to download
2. Too unbalanced
3. It was just crappy

The new map design is very flat. Make the line wider and more possebilities to reach neutral shops.

4) How is it possible to get 'Petslots'?

Level 9
4) How is it possible to get 'Petslots'?

Truly is, i haven't been working on this map very much, but the pet slots is actualy the food you have, will soon be changed. Each hero has not the same number of pet slots, some heroes, like the prophet of illussions have only 1 petslot but the Druid got 2. It cant be increased in the current version.

Status
Not open for further replies.