• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Init's Hero Arena Revised BETA test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Description
The beta classic is back with vengeance! (Based off init's hero arena 0.22)

For those that have played init's hero arena during The Frozen Throne beta then you will know what to expect from this map. For those who don't know about init's hero arena, I will go over the basics:

You can choose any hero from the main game to fight in team based combat. You can either fix the teams so that they remain the same for each round or mix them up each round, giving you different partners each game. Although the game uses the same heroes and items from the main game, I feel that this adds more familiarity than using custom heroes that you aren't used to. This adds more strategy to the combat and playing on mixed teams forces you to adjust as your teammates will changes constantly...

All Random and All Pick modes are also available.

Why should I play this game?
The best thing about init's hero arena, and the main reason I was inspired to make this map was simplicity. I made sure to stay as true to the original map as I could in a similar way that the original map stayed very true to Warcraft III in and of itself.

Things to be implemented
- Terrain?: Unsure at this point. If anyone wants to do terrain for this map, send me a PM.

What do you want me to do?
Download the map and help beta test it. Please leave all feedback here. If you want an unprotected version of the map send me a PM.

Link
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...25553964c339e8b86856dae97&dateline=1213568119

Thanks to everyone in advance for beta testing. I appreciate it.

Edit: Version 1.2 is out. Please test, thanks!

Last edited:
Level 2
I will get busy on testing it tonight on bnet. I will provide feedback as soon as I have played a good number of games to uncover anything wrong.

Level 2
Okay have found a couple of problems after only about 4 games.

- Teams would get stuck inside the arenas after the round was over and all the opposing team was dead. (I noticed interestingly enough was that the very last person on the losing team to die never appeared in the shop area. So maybe there is a problem with the last person trigger, not sure.)
-Arena sizes need to be increased, with a full house, the arena's become highly cramped and restricts movement.
-Disable players from attacking allied heroes. Ruins the game.
-Another just popped into my head, in the beginning of the matches, a number of ppl would lag quite a bit. One of the people who was in the game that was a fellow map maker said that it is possibly because of a bug in the coding. So I don't know if this a reality or its just because those people had crappy internet. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I would continue to test it, but with the problem of the teams never returning back to the shop I could never get a complete game finished. Message back with details on the process of addressing these problems. Until later, peace.

Level 2
Ugh, I didn't get those errors when I was playtesting... dammit... Well I worked on it today and should have the major issues fixed. I'll put up the new version tomorrow.

Level 2
Yo donut, my computer got a damn trojan and I am without internet for a couple days. I can't remove it and I'm having to resort to a computer technician to stop by house to fix it. I am only able to get online via my universities wireless connection. I'll get to work on the map as soon as I get my desktop back to working. Peace.

Level 2
Yo iko, my computer still has that virus, so I'm still waiting for the technician to stop by and fix it for me. Once I get my internet back I will be back online to help test/finish the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.