• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How NOT to flame a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I would like to take this time to bring your attention to what I feel is the perfect, shining example of how NOT to flame a mod. If you do decide to, its best that you bring actual creditable ammo to the table. Let me show you what happens when you don’t: (keep in mind I've never spoken a word with this individual “joethenakedhippo” before...he just came up with all this on his own and decided to bring it against me)

i dont expect many downloads, i already got like 1000 altogether on the other few times ive posted this.
many times have i been banned by vg, due to his obssession with banning people being better than him

Ah, yes, all 75 downloads you received the first time and all 5 you received all the subsequent times. Using download abuse to cover the failure of your map is exactly what marks presence of not only someone insecure, but someone rather ridiculous as well. I'm not only removing your map because it’s quality was dismally low, I'm not only removing your map because of the rampant download abuse you've inflicted upon it every time you uploaded it, I’m also removing it because you and your work are no longer welcome here.

VGsatomi is just Jealous because my map has done better then all his projects and maps hosted here.

...right. I'm so jealous that I like knowing how many people download my work as opposed to sitting in my room and quickly clicking on the download button 950 times in one hour to raise my download counter in a shameless attempt to promote my work.

...I am just tickled green.

Oh, wait, or that’s unless all 150 users that were online during each hour you submitted your map all really DID stop, drop everything to download your work 9 times each...Oh you are so talented. I am green with envy, I tell you! GREEEEEEEN!

Please:
-Ignore any comments by vgsatomi
-Ignore any comments by moodswing
-Realize that the mods are totally out of line, and the only purely non-tyrannic person with power in this site is darky himself.

The funny thing is I've never had anything against you before. I only banned you because you were being a real @$$ to the other users, particularly in the comments section. I never made a comment about you ever before...in fact, this post is the first. You are angry because I banned you? take this time to reflact on maybe WHY I did and the outcomes of your OWN actions....and no, it's not because I'm jealous of your rule-breaking talents.

vgsatomi deletes and topics/replys by users explaining the fact that >>Most<< mods are completely out of line...not so good to those few smart people who have realized it.

ah, yeah, watch out for those EvilNaziStalinistMods who are providing you with a FREE SERIVCE for NO reward.

This is basically how it goes: We at warcraft 3 search provide and FREE and UNLIMITED source for you to upload your work, and LOTS of it. Darky29, the site owner, pays several hundred dollars a year to keep this site running. Does he make users pay a fee? no. Would it make financial sense for him to? Absolutely. How many times has he asked for donations? Once. How many people actually paid any? Hardly none. He is a student who can barely afford it...but he still keeps it up out of his own generosity. We mods invest hours of our own valuable time each day making this place a decent place to be for nothing more then flames as a payment. Everyone who runs this site has done so much and asked for so little. You abuse us, you lose us. Its that simple.

We welcome criticism...that’s what helps us improve ourselves as well as know where problems may lay. However, We will NOT accept flames from someone who:

-Has contributed nothing to the site
-Has contributed nothing to the community
-Has not paid any donations
-Has violated our rules and terms of service repeatedly
-Can't understand that they were banned because they were a chronic rule breaker
-Does not know how to treat others with any kind of respect (you must have GREAT parents!)
-Is nothing but a parasite to the site...only taking and no giving.
-Taking advantage or the free service we provide them
-Cannot even make and play test a decent map
-Can’t take a hint that nobody likes them and that they are not welcome here
-shamelessly promotes their work through dishonest acts
-Comment-bombs the resources of people they don't like
-Uses their parents internet connection as opposed to their own
-Hides behind an IP hider

...those sound a little familiar, hippo?

Although many a pro has been banned by this random 40 year old nerd living in his moms house somewhere in arizona, they have spread their knowlage to some

people who bother to read these posts.
YOU MUST ALL KNOW THE FRIGGEN TRUTH!!! ITS BECOMING A REAL HASSLE JUST TO DEAL WITH VG!! SOMEONE WITH POWER STEP UP AND FIX THIS!!

"I know you are, but what am I?" Is about what your arguments are amounting to right now. I've literally seen school children bring better insults...which is one reason I am posting this...I'm looking for members to actually HELP you with your insults so you can at least do ONE thing right, because right now, actually putting your life accomplishments up against mine is NOT a smart thing to do. You are all but the tender age of what, 14 years old? What exactly have you accomplished in your life in that meager amount of time? I know I can list mine. After all, my hard-earned tax dollars are probably paying your daddy's welfare check...and that offends me. :evil:

*recalls the names of the actual respectable and skilled members I've banned*

....can anyone help me out here?

*recalls the names of those I banned that didn’t break any rules*

...Dammit, am I just having a brain fart here?

Hippo, you not only have a lot to learn about being a respectable person on the internet, but life in general. Saying you did better then someone right after you cheated your stats is not only laughable, not only is it downright embarrassing on your part, you made it so you completely shot yourself in the foot before you even brought your chips to the table. I personally don't know how you can even look at yourself in the mirror and say you like yourself. Maybe someday it will all dawn on you., realize just how much of an idiot you made yourself out to be, and be so ashamed that you'll finally decide to end it all by putting a .45 caliber slug through your head.

....but one can only hope.

You know what, hippo? You are right...maybe I am a tyrant. To be fair, I'll review your case...because after all...maybe you aren’t a rule breaker after all., right?

Lets examine our terms of service...

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible

Oops, I guess that means no download-abused material for you. Cheating has a little connotation called "no-no" attached to it. :roll:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Just looking at your first five comments in the comments section covers THAT ONE quite well...

Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

Pay attention, that applies to you, and every other account you sign on with. Are you starting to get a picture here?

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

Hmm...rule breaking map...delete button....rule breaking map...delete button.... Hey, Now I'M starting to get the picture here! :D

So with that said…I‘ve reviewed your case...and I'm sorry, but I think I'll just have to keep removing you and your work from this site wherever it may appear. Since you have so many accounts, why not try signing in with one for actually productive purposes...be a model citizen/member and treat others with respect. So many of the members here don't find that hard. So why do you? After all, its a skill that's best leanred here, because when you try to cheat in real life/when it counts (i.e. higher levels of school, if you actually get that far) it could possibly murder you (and I mean that quite literally.)

And in case you are wondering, yes, I’ll warn myself for flaming so I’m not a hypocrite like our friend hippo here.
-VGsatomi

Level 11
LOL Veggie, you actually warned yourself? Be serious... Why would you warn yourself? Just because you flamed a fool? Hehe, forget it. The guy with the problem here is him, not you.

We sometimes have our reasons to flame... oh yeah, flaming is against the rules. But heck, when there are rulebreakers like this one... we may get a little angry. Heh, we are human for god sake. I have seen "flaming" like this yet not warning... There are far worse forms of flaming. So I don't think you have to prove anything to this guy by warning yourself.

Except that, nice conversation... joethenakedhippo PWNED! I had a little PM war with him but immediately repelled him... ;)

~Daelin

Level 22
LOL Veggie, you actually warned yourself? Be serious... Why would you warn yourself?

So I won't be a hypocrite. I'm always the first one to preach that mods should lead by example. For me to do this is very unporofessional, but this guy really pushed me over the edge...

I mean what nerve....download abusing his work then claiming its good more successful then other people's work...and I'm supposed to be jealous of that? HAH!

...how utterly sad....
-VGsatomi

Level 4
lol...self warn :D... are you starting to be paranoic :p (j/k). It is a nice and fair way to take care of the site problems...and i fully support you VG :D. Not only i know your a good editor :)...but you to helped me on some of my maps...and awnsering my questions...i think the other members on this site will agree with me :D...my only advice....keep it this way and don't change one bit!!!

Go VG!!!!
-ssj2_Gohan

Level 3
Hey guys! I am basically the reason this has all happened, so let me give you some history.

I invited joethenakedhippo (Bnet name Jesus4lyfe) into my clan because I mistook his name for Jesus4lyf, who (I thought at the time)made Real Life, a game I liked a year or 2 ago (I later found out Jesus4lyf actually stole the Real Life map of another mapper cause he couldn't be bothered doing all the triggers from scratch, so Jesus4lyfe (hippo) was impersonating Jesus4lyf, a map stealer).
Once he was in my clan, he had this uncanny facination with having a bot in the channel (because he could program it to like him, because real people don't) that said "Hi MoodSwing! The date it blahblah and you have a ping of xxx", now, I absoloutly hate this spammage, I know my name, I have a clock, I have a calander, and I really couldn't give a toss about my ping.
SO I say to him, Jesus can you please remove your bot from the channel? He didn't. So I started banning it when I saw it.
He then started whispering "Squelch it and get on with your life!". This friendlyish message then turned more abusive, and he was impersonating clan members with bots like MoodSwing_bot@USwest for example. So I booted him.
Thats when his pathetic little mind started going haywire. He started whisper spamming me with a bot, a repeating message every 5 seconds, this is still happeneing so I have to squelch it every time.
And started posting things on my maps on wc3sear like "The 4th map MoodSwing has stolen" which, of course is not true.
So I then contacted VG and he saw my proof of authenticity and banned him, and all his alias's, but Jesus (hippo) thought he was the big man in shoes too big for him because he had an IP hider, this made his Ego hit the roof, because somehow downloading a 3rd party program and activating it is a hard thing.
So now he constantly changes his name, to bypass the ban, to things like "fookyouVG" etc. And spamming my maps. As you can see here:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6146&sid=a58810d9b6de03f8baa276137542d2ac
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6163&sid=5c4def0e1011080271c83de2e5fe686e

Yes, that is 70 posts on one and about 50 on the other. Alot of effort isn't it. But hey, if your willing to spam click the download link on your own map 2000 times...

-MoodSwing

Level 9
good show VG i wonder how long it took you to type all of that? And just so everyone knows im a student in year 9 Australia and if it was possible for me to donate to this site i most definatly would. As VG said the mods here do all this without any payment so for that i give a big thanks to all the mods because without you guys i would think it impossible to run such a great site, so once i THANK YOU mods and so should everyone else and not treat the mods like $hit because the dont need to put up with it.

Level 6
First I thought "a mod making a flame thread?" But now when I know the background everything makes sense. Sorry for doubting your authority. :wink:

Level 25
Telefragged said:
MoodSwing said:
Mecheon said:
MoodSwing, you obviously know who this asshat is more than any of us

If by any chance he has an AIM account, I think I might want to have a conversation with him...

Sorry but I don't, and quite frankly I don't see the point. Who would talk to him?

Mecheon would. He's a great 'counsellor'.

:lol:

Yep. Great 'counsellor'

Anywho, I'd probably try to catch him on WC3, but I never actually go on Battle.Net any more

Level 3
He is rarely on his Jesus4lyfe (west) name, he has usually just got a bot on with a varieing name. And even if you did catch him on, his tactic is to dnd himself with a message like "/dnd You lose kid." and then he would start talking crap to you, and think hes oh so smart cause you can't reply, which means he knows hes wrong. So really a reply isn't necessary!
Eventually he will get bored of this obsession and go back to his pokemon cards or somthing.

-Mood

Level 25
I have a horribly perverted sense of personal honour where I must extract vengence upon those who have angered me or my allies

Therefore, seeing as he has angered me, I shall extract vengence upon him

And I can use his tactics against him. I am well versed in the trolling ways

Level 9
i just want to know why would someone start doing things like that...

what does he win with it? what will be added in his life?

even a idiot wouldnt act like this. he is sick, and VG has done well to teach him a lesson

unfortunately, i dont think he is going to learn it, ppl like him will spend the rest of their lives being an incurable fool

Level 8
I felt somehow strange when i read about darky here. :(

-He is a student and barely affords to pay the site
( i thought he was someone who got lots of money :? )

And noone gave donations ?

i wouldn't give too , but that's still sad!

Sorry darky if i blamed you :(

but thats still dumb of your part to quit the site and play wow. OMFG! that's lame!

( not that darky will ever read this , but. . . )

and VG...

well done,you are always a good example to all the moderators. :)

but i still think that it was !DUMB! to warn yourself

Level 12
Hmmm... cocky moron. Damn I haven't been around.

Whatever your case is VG, I don't care about the "Mods are tyrants." It's simple "Mods should be strict." Unfortunately it looks like this moron didn't want us to get serious on the job. So boo hoo for him.

Level 22
EDIT: Well, #8 just got killed. Sadly he didn't have anything worth mentioning....just a "when VGstops acting like a child, maybe he'll let me keep my map here."

Maybe he should try "maybe if I stop making the first post of each of my accounts a flame, and make myself out to be a respectable person and stop disrespecting other members, and maybe if I stop performing rule-breaking acts on my map every time I upload it, maybe VG will stop banning me and removing my stuff."

He doesnt get the idea that when someone is permanantly banned, they are no longer welcome at this site. Oh well, its no problem on my side...he's the one who has to create a new email adress every time he creates an account....much more trouble for him then it is for me.

Although I think we should be flattered in the fact that he likes this place so much that he just HAS to have his map posted here, even to the point of going through all this trouble to do so...at least he has dedication to his little cause.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Nantuko_Husk said:
I felt somehow strange when i read about darky here. :(

-He is a student and barely affords to pay the site
( i thought he was someone who got lots of money :? )

And noone gave donations ?

i wouldn't give too , but that's still sad!

Sorry darky if i blamed you :(

but thats still dumb of your part to quit the site and play wow. OMFG! that's lame!

( not that darky will ever read this , but. . . )

and VG...

well done,you are always a good example to all the moderators. :)

but i still think that it was !DUMB! to warn yourself

Ehh, there's a support wc3sear.ch button up there. {paypal!}

To be honest, I'm not the type to respond to posts unless I have something to say, so I'll have to stay on topic, darnit.

Good job VG, and by the way, DDNGW, your sig is BIG and steals my memory.

Level 2
Wow, this guy is WAAAY over me... The worse guy i ever heard of is equal to this one.. Dont you think its sad? Now, lets say that he got some sence into his dumb brain and say sorry... Who will forgive him? He blown his WC3 history, now everyone will point at him as a mutant...
Btw, i had no idea how hard it is for darky to keep the site running... Such a great effort out of his own pocket, not too many people would do anything like this.
I salut you!

Level 11
Freakazoid said:
Vg i admire you and all other moderators here, and i would support this site but i'm only 16, no CC or anything.

I'm 15... And the problem at me is different. It's not that I am too young, after all, I could ask my mom to help with the transfer, but the problem is that I cannot really afford it... Romania is a poor country, and I don't think my parents would give me money for this site. :(

So again, apologizing for not affording it... I wish I would live in a big country such as USA where 10$ is change money. I get about 7$ per month from the romanian state, and that's because I am still in school. It is called "alocatie"... don't really know how to translate it. Anyway, they are a very small sum of money here as well...

~Daelin

Level 9
Daelin, you get paid to be in school? And as i said before if it were possible for me to contribute to this site i would but unforunatly i dont think my parents would open anther account for me to make it possible for me to, i would myself if i were old enough to be able to create an account.

Level 5
dang wish I got paid to be in school...
and 10$ is a happy birthday for me.. so dont say USA 10$ is change, Im on reduced lunch at my school an pay 40Cents a day for lunch, (not common mind you, I know lots of people who goto places and spend 10$ or more)
but still, lucky ive graduated, and Im going to get a job, maybe if my folks think its cool, after I get a job I can contribute more then a couple of oddly spliced models... :D

Level 13
So I won't be a hypocrite.
Cool, VG. I like this kind of attitude. Really cool!

yes,here in albania , students get paid too.
Guess, which country is poorest here? :cry:

According to Leopard's Dictionary:

Flamer : A guy who has miserable real life, maybe people always make fun of him/her in his/her real life. So, all he/she can do is flaming people in another world called internet just to take a vengeance. Sad....

Level 9
darklord_avalon i think you dont get our poor country problem...

your so hard-to-get 10 dollars means converting in my country coin (peso) about 100,#### pesos.

that means 1 dollar is 10,#### pesos, so to afford to pay in dollar, we have to work (at least here in mexico) 10 times more, considering we gain the same value in numbers...

...and we dont get paid by school

@Daelin i thought Romania, as an european country should have the euro which is a strong coin. am i wrong? (i know not all of europe use it...)

Level 22
Don't get mer wrong, people, I didnt add the financial thing to pressure you folks into giving, I was just making a statement about people abusing this site while contributing nothing to it. A parasite, so to speak. And that Darky keeps this site up out of his own generosity. If you can't afford it, then needless to sat we are not expecting you to pay anything. I was in all you shoes at one point, too. This is NOT call for donations. Sorry if people took it that way. (although I;m sure darky would be happy to those who still did donate :wink: )

As for the paid school thing, keep in mind that many countries in Europe have socialist economies, which do that sort of thing. You will notice the more capitalist a country is, the less of that sort of thing you will see. I'm not a particular fan of socialism. I'm sure the logic of it all is that government financial assistance for schooling is to releive the pressures off of low income families...but it's inharently contradictory because the taxes families pay are put where? Into government assistance...so basically you are paying for your neigbor's education and they are paying for yours. Oh well, I don't know the whole story behind each country and their policies so I won't be making assumptions.

Level 11
DD_Draco... I was suggesting a transfer from one of the parents' accounts. But I never claimed that anyone should give anything unless he or she can afford it and trully wants. And as for "getting paid in school" it is more complicated. Each child gets a sum of money every month (as I was saying, about 7$, in our money (lion)). EVERYBODY who hasn't finished highschool (of course if he or she is following one) yet receives this monthly pay.

Nantuko_Husk... at us it doesn't depend on the grades (unfortunately...) :(

darklord_avalon, I said that 10$ is change because I heard more than one guy saying it and so, I was sure that it is like this in USA. Sorry if I offended you.

Leopard... Then I'm a flamer. Because I have my moments of anger too ya know especially because of my sucky life. But thank god I then try to keep myself far from the site. :lol: Heh, just joking for the last part. But yeah, people make a lot of fun of me in my real life (unfortunately).

Raiju... our money are called lions (leu (sg), lei (pl)). We are not in the Europenian Union yet. Only the countries in EU use euro.

Veggie... I was about to mention the same thing. I just opened this discussion because I felt like, and I didn't want it to sound as if "people should donate even if they want to or don't, or even if they can afford it or not". It should sound more like "Donations of people who can afford it and want to do it are appreciated".

Cheers everybody!

~Daelin

Level 13
@Daelin i thought Romania, as an european country should have the euro which is a strong coin. am i wrong? (i know not all of europe use it...)

We, for example, still use PLN... :roll: We aren't the richest land out here... But it is not that bad as with us ;) Because I can't only say "how poor I am", but do something with it.

PS I also have money from school. About 27$. Every half of school year :p

Level 11
N00byStance said:
We, for example, still use PLN... :roll: We aren't the richest land out here... But it is not that bad as with us ;) Because I can't only say "how poor I am", but do something with it.

PS I also have money from school. About 27$. Every half of school year :p

Ok, I can't say I'm poor either, but I don't think my parents would give me money for such a thing anyway. They find this site a waste of time. And OMG, you get 27$ per year? That's indeed not much.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.