1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How NOT to flame a mod

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by VGsatomi, Sep 15, 2005.

1. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to take this time to bring your attention to what I feel is the perfect, shining example of how NOT to flame a mod. If you do decide to, its best that you bring actual creditable ammo to the table. Let me show you what happens when you don’t: (keep in mind I've never spoken a word with this individual “joethenakedhippo” before...he just came up with all this on his own and decided to bring it against me)

Ah, yes, all 75 downloads you received the first time and all 5 you received all the subsequent times. Using download abuse to cover the failure of your map is exactly what marks presence of not only someone insecure, but someone rather ridiculous as well. I'm not only removing your map because it’s quality was dismally low, I'm not only removing your map because of the rampant download abuse you've inflicted upon it every time you uploaded it, I’m also removing it because you and your work are no longer welcome here.

...right. I'm so jealous that I like knowing how many people download my work as opposed to sitting in my room and quickly clicking on the download button 950 times in one hour to raise my download counter in a shameless attempt to promote my work.

...I am just tickled green.

Oh, wait, or that’s unless all 150 users that were online during each hour you submitted your map all really DID stop, drop everything to download your work 9 times each...Oh you are so talented. I am green with envy, I tell you! GREEEEEEEN!

The funny thing is I've never had anything against you before. I only banned you because you were being a real @$$ to the other users, particularly in the comments section. I never made a comment about you ever before...in fact, this post is the first. You are angry because I banned you? take this time to reflact on maybe WHY I did and the outcomes of your OWN actions....and no, it's not because I'm jealous of your rule-breaking talents.

ah, yeah, watch out for those EvilNaziStalinistMods who are providing you with a FREE SERIVCE for NO reward.

This is basically how it goes: We at warcraft 3 search provide and FREE and UNLIMITED source for you to upload your work, and LOTS of it. Darky29, the site owner, pays several hundred dollars a year to keep this site running. Does he make users pay a fee? no. Would it make financial sense for him to? Absolutely. How many times has he asked for donations? Once. How many people actually paid any? Hardly none. He is a student who can barely afford it...but he still keeps it up out of his own generosity. We mods invest hours of our own valuable time each day making this place a decent place to be for nothing more then flames as a payment. Everyone who runs this site has done so much and asked for so little. You abuse us, you lose us. Its that simple.

We welcome criticism...that’s what helps us improve ourselves as well as know where problems may lay. However, We will NOT accept flames from someone who:

-Has contributed nothing to the site
    -Has contributed nothing to the community
    -Has not paid any donations
    -Has violated our rules and terms of service repeatedly
    -Can't understand that they were banned because they were a chronic rule breaker
    -Does not know how to treat others with any kind of respect (you must have GREAT parents!)
    -Is nothing but a parasite to the site...only taking and no giving.
    -Taking advantage or the free service we provide them
    -Cannot even make and play test a decent map
    -Can’t take a hint that nobody likes them and that they are not welcome here
    -shamelessly promotes their work through dishonest acts
    -Comment-bombs the resources of people they don't like
    -Uses their parents internet connection as opposed to their own
    -Hides behind an IP hider

...those sound a little familiar, hippo?

"I know you are, but what am I?" Is about what your arguments are amounting to right now. I've literally seen school children bring better insults...which is one reason I am posting this...I'm looking for members to actually HELP you with your insults so you can at least do ONE thing right, because right now, actually putting your life accomplishments up against mine is NOT a smart thing to do. You are all but the tender age of what, 14 years old? What exactly have you accomplished in your life in that meager amount of time? I know I can list mine. After all, my hard-earned tax dollars are probably paying your daddy's welfare check...and that offends me. :evil:

*recalls the names of the actual respectable and skilled members I've banned*

....can anyone help me out here?

*recalls the names of those I banned that didn’t break any rules*

...Dammit, am I just having a brain fart here?

Hippo, you not only have a lot to learn about being a respectable person on the internet, but life in general. Saying you did better then someone right after you cheated your stats is not only laughable, not only is it downright embarrassing on your part, you made it so you completely shot yourself in the foot before you even brought your chips to the table. I personally don't know how you can even look at yourself in the mirror and say you like yourself. Maybe someday it will all dawn on you., realize just how much of an idiot you made yourself out to be, and be so ashamed that you'll finally decide to end it all by putting a .45 caliber slug through your head.

....but one can only hope.

You know what, hippo? You are right...maybe I am a tyrant. To be fair, I'll review your case...because after all...maybe you aren’t a rule breaker after all., right?

Lets examine our terms of service...

Oops, I guess that means no download-abused material for you. Cheating has a little connotation called "no-no" attached to it. :roll:

Just looking at your first five comments in the comments section covers THAT ONE quite well...

Pay attention, that applies to you, and every other account you sign on with. Are you starting to get a picture here?

Hmm...rule breaking map...delete button....rule breaking map...delete button.... Hey, Now I'M starting to get the picture here! :D

So with that said…I‘ve reviewed your case...and I'm sorry, but I think I'll just have to keep removing you and your work from this site wherever it may appear. Since you have so many accounts, why not try signing in with one for actually productive purposes...be a model citizen/member and treat others with respect. So many of the members here don't find that hard. So why do you? After all, its a skill that's best leanred here, because when you try to cheat in real life/when it counts (i.e. higher levels of school, if you actually get that far) it could possibly murder you (and I mean that quite literally.)

And in case you are wondering, yes, I’ll warn myself for flaming so I’m not a hypocrite like our friend hippo here.
    -VGsatomi

2. Los_Tacos

Los_Tacos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Verbally pwned. It's a good way to hurt some idiot's e-feelings.

3. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    LOL Veggie, you actually warned yourself? Be serious... Why would you warn yourself? Just because you flamed a fool? Hehe, forget it. The guy with the problem here is him, not you.

We sometimes have our reasons to flame... oh yeah, flaming is against the rules. But heck, when there are rulebreakers like this one... we may get a little angry. Heh, we are human for god sake. I have seen "flaming" like this yet not warning... There are far worse forms of flaming. So I don't think you have to prove anything to this guy by warning yourself.

Except that, nice conversation... joethenakedhippo PWNED! I had a little PM war with him but immediately repelled him... ;)

~Daelin

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I won't be a hypocrite. I'm always the first one to preach that mods should lead by example. For me to do this is very unporofessional, but this guy really pushed me over the edge...

I mean what nerve....download abusing his work then claiming its good more successful then other people's work...and I'm supposed to be jealous of that? HAH!

...how utterly sad....
    -VGsatomi

5. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol...self warn :D... are you starting to be paranoic :p (j/k). It is a nice and fair way to take care of the site problems...and i fully support you VG :D. Not only i know your a good editor :)...but you to helped me on some of my maps...and awnsering my questions...i think the other members on this site will agree with me :D...my only advice....keep it this way and don't change one bit!!!

Go VG!!!!
    -ssj2_Gohan

6. MoodSwing

MoodSwing

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! I am basically the reason this has all happened, so let me give you some history.

I invited joethenakedhippo (Bnet name Jesus4lyfe) into my clan because I mistook his name for Jesus4lyf, who (I thought at the time)made Real Life, a game I liked a year or 2 ago (I later found out Jesus4lyf actually stole the Real Life map of another mapper cause he couldn't be bothered doing all the triggers from scratch, so Jesus4lyfe (hippo) was impersonating Jesus4lyf, a map stealer).
    Once he was in my clan, he had this uncanny facination with having a bot in the channel (because he could program it to like him, because real people don't) that said "Hi MoodSwing! The date it blahblah and you have a ping of xxx", now, I absoloutly hate this spammage, I know my name, I have a clock, I have a calander, and I really couldn't give a toss about my ping.
    SO I say to him, Jesus can you please remove your bot from the channel? He didn't. So I started banning it when I saw it.
    He then started whispering "Squelch it and get on with your life!". This friendlyish message then turned more abusive, and he was impersonating clan members with bots like MoodSwing_bot@USwest for example. So I booted him.
    Thats when his pathetic little mind started going haywire. He started whisper spamming me with a bot, a repeating message every 5 seconds, this is still happeneing so I have to squelch it every time.
    And started posting things on my maps on wc3sear like "The 4th map MoodSwing has stolen" which, of course is not true.
    So I then contacted VG and he saw my proof of authenticity and banned him, and all his alias's, but Jesus (hippo) thought he was the big man in shoes too big for him because he had an IP hider, this made his Ego hit the roof, because somehow downloading a 3rd party program and activating it is a hard thing.
    So now he constantly changes his name, to bypass the ban, to things like "fookyouVG" etc. And spamming my maps. As you can see here:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6146&sid=a58810d9b6de03f8baa276137542d2ac
    http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6163&sid=5c4def0e1011080271c83de2e5fe686e

Yes, that is 70 posts on one and about 50 on the other. Alot of effort isn't it. But hey, if your willing to spam click the download link on your own map 2000 times...

-MoodSwing

7. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:
    good show VG i wonder how long it took you to type all of that? And just so everyone knows im a student in year 9 Australia and if it was possible for me to donate to this site i most definatly would. As VG said the mods here do all this without any payment so for that i give a big thanks to all the mods because without you guys i would think it impossible to run such a great site, so once i THANK YOU mods and so should everyone else and not treat the mods like $hit because the dont need to put up with it.

8. Cyberatog

Cyberatog

Resources:
    Resources:
    First I thought "a mod making a flame thread?" But now when I know the background everything makes sense. Sorry for doubting your authority. :wink:

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    MoodSwing, you obviously know who this asshat is more than any of us

If by any chance he has an AIM account, I think I might want to have a conversation with him...

10. MoodSwing

MoodSwing

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry but I don't, and quite frankly I don't see the point. Who would talk to him?

11. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mecheon would. He's a great 'counsellor'.

:lol:

12. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahahaha, nice one VGsatomi. Just take care that you don't ban yourself :wink:

I can spare some time, I'm going to clean those maps from his comments.

13. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yep. Great 'counsellor'

Anywho, I'd probably try to catch him on WC3, but I never actually go on Battle.Net any more

14. MoodSwing

MoodSwing

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He is rarely on his Jesus4lyfe (west) name, he has usually just got a bot on with a varieing name. And even if you did catch him on, his tactic is to dnd himself with a message like "/dnd You lose kid." and then he would start talking crap to you, and think hes oh so smart cause you can't reply, which means he knows hes wrong. So really a reply isn't necessary!
    Eventually he will get bored of this obsession and go back to his pokemon cards or somthing.

-Mood

15. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have a horribly perverted sense of personal honour where I must extract vengence upon those who have angered me or my allies

Therefore, seeing as he has angered me, I shall extract vengence upon him

And I can use his tactics against him. I am well versed in the trolling ways

16. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    i just want to know why would someone start doing things like that...

what does he win with it? what will be added in his life?

even a idiot wouldnt act like this. he is sick, and VG has done well to teach him a lesson

unfortunately, i dont think he is going to learn it, ppl like him will spend the rest of their lives being an incurable fool

17. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Keep it VG, we are with you ;)

18. xion666

xion666

Resources:
    Resources:
    learned another thing today do NOT have problems with VG! ...... go get em tiger :p

19. ajdun

ajdun

Resources:
    Resources:
    That guy was really a jerk, you did good in doing what you did VG! :D

20. Nantuko_Husk

Nantuko_Husk

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I felt somehow strange when i read about darky here. :(

-He is a student and barely affords to pay the site
    ( i thought he was someone who got lots of money :? )

And noone gave donations ?

i wouldn't give too , but that's still sad!

Sorry darky if i blamed you :(

but thats still dumb of your part to quit the site and play wow. OMFG! that's lame!

( not that darky will ever read this , but. . . )

and VG...

well done,you are always a good example to all the moderators. :)

but i still think that it was !DUMB! to warn yourself