• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Suggestion] Stop the DotA flame-a-thon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Name says it all, seriously.

* We all know that the DotA community has jackasses in it, stop telling us.

* We know you don't like the map, stop telling us.

* You're all entitled to your own views, as I'm entitled to mine. However, I'm sure that doesn't constitute a Nazi-typed behavior towards wanting to, hypothetically I hope, gassing DotA players.

With this in mind, I bring up the rules.

Flaming
Flaming Deliberately hostile or insulting messages may not be posted under any circumstances. Flaming should be reported and may be severely punished.
Community Friendliness
The Hive is a friendly community: all users are expected to treat one another with dignity and respect.

With those rules in mind, users who are Anti-DotA to the extent that some of them are [1][2] should be punished by the above rules.

You don't see any other map put under prejudice, why aim it specifically at DotA? The bottom line is, if you don't like it, then keep it to yourself as you would if you don't like any other map or, for that matter, another user.

EDIT: I know I sound harsh, but it's been really ticking me off :/

Last edited:
Level 15
Name says it all, seriously.

* We all know that the DotA community has jackasses in it, stop telling us.

* We know you don't like the map, stop telling us.

* You're all entitled to your own views, as I'm entitled to mine. However, I'm sure that doesn't constitute a Nazi-typed behavior towards wanting to, hypothetically I hope, gassing DotA players.

With this in mind, I bring up the rules.

With those rules in mind, users who are Anti-DotA to the extent that some of them are [1][2] should be punished by the above rules.

You don't see any other map put under prejudice, why aim it specifically at DotA? The bottom line is, if you don't like it, then keep it to yourself as you would if you don't like any other map or, for that matter, another user.

EDIT: I know I sound harsh, but it's been really ticking me off :/

The meaning of this thread is...?

Level 21
Well, you kick newbies out of you're games without giving them a chance, i never saw a host which didn't, so you're nothing worth, we don't flame you mostly for the map, more for you'r damn behavior, and I did because it is just the truth, you are infesting the bnet and making new good AoS / Map ideas impossible, because you do criticsm like "This is not like DotA" or "This needs more Items, DotA got many!" etc etc.

Get it, you are a disease for the WC3 community, destroying the projects we are working on just by judging based on DotA and a childish behavior, so leave it, or you wont be happy afterwards.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well, you kick newbies out of you're games without giving them a chance, i never saw a host which didn't, so you're nothing worth, we don't flame you mostly for the map, more for you'r damn behavior, and I did because it is just the truth, you are infesting the bnet and making new good AoS / Map ideas impossible, because you do criticsm like "This is not like DotA" or "This needs more Items, DotA got many!" etc etc.

Get it, you are a disease for the WC3 community, destroying the projects we are working on just by judging based on DotA and a childish behavior, so leave it, or you wont be happy afterwards.

For a start, I suggest you read my criticisms before you say something like that. On top of that, I'd like to point out that I wrote the guide for writing criticisms on the Hive.

On top of that, you've mentioned that "you kick newbies out of your games". Wrong again, I don't allow downloads. www.getdota.com is the simplest place to get it; we don't allow people to download the game so that we quickly get into the match as apposed to waiting for people to Download.

I've also offered to teach several members of the Hive dota, and then they can teach me how to play another AoS. You say 'you' as if we're a collective, I've already proven by writing this that we're not the borg.

We are individuals, and just as there are asses in the DotA community, there are asses in the others. Of course, you've just proven the previous statement.

We don't make projects impossible, I play more maps than dota, as do the rest of my clan. On top of that, I wouldn't make a good mini-mod if I only played DotA, I wouldn't be criticizing anything for a start.

You're a perfect example of the type of behavior thats not on. Sorry n' all, but you're not being fair to anybody. If you want to argue points, do it like an adult or don't do it at all.

Level 2
I remember when i first started using battle net how DotA kinda just sucked me right in. I was actually a lead moderator for their suggestion board for a good year or so give or take. Icefrog/Guinsoo never really gave a damn about giving anyone credit. When I left the forums to make my own Aeons of Strife map, I had gathered a few people and made a forum, It was just a friendly side project to change our pace. (obviously instead of trying to stuff your own idea into someone elses map and expect them to credit you for your work.)

all in all, things were going ok until word started hovering around the allstars forums, Icefrog or Pendragon found out about my project and hacked into private forum boards I had with information on the project. it displeases me to know that some of my own concepts were placed in there out of my own will.

Until a month ago i had abandonded the project completly, but now with a bit more wisdom then I had 3 years back. I'm trying again :D

In a nutshell, while i think the simplistic concept of DoTA is great, how strategems despite how minute is existant. I despise it on the morale that the managment uses in order to make the game the digital equivalent of crack cocaine

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The naruto group is allowed to exist so is the anti naruto group, if behaviour is bad in it then the creator can report it so that it can be fixed.

As for DotA, everyone is allowed to shair their oppinions about it, however if they start flamming other members or the map in a uncivilized way, the post can be reported and action will occur against the person in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.