• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hive's Battlefield] - A community Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I'm sorry and don't want to offend you, but I have a little doubt about this terrain.
THe terrain you posted before was honestly lacking on blizzard niveau using BLIZZARD CLIFFS! And this one is from the techniqual aspect very nicely executed and way better using awesome and time consuming cliffs which are really hard work and seem to be done by an experienced terrainer.
This is what causes me to doubt a little. Sry If I am wrong. But you're not a name to me at terraining yet - or a name around here at all. And so i'm a little like: "strange". But I would be glad if you could proove me wrong.

Anyways, you can all ignore this post by me. It just looked strange to me :/

Level 5
well, right now i am working on orc camp, not base :sad: it doesent look like a base at all, but it looks interesting for me, so i will post screens here once its finished.

Level 5
seems like something completely different, even throught human cities can be really awesome if you work on them really hard.

Level 5
its city nothing different
=EDIT=

come on im giving all i can you can see that... just im posting pictures you see that im good and you still dont want me :S:S i dont have even strenght anymore i worked for this pictures hard as you can see :S

Level 5
i guess you didnt get what was that about...sigh
What i mean is that the city you made looks completely different from the "hell" you made.

You worked on the "hell" harder. Or perhaps it wasn't yours?
There is clearly a difference between the hell and the city. AND till you post really good city/human base, they probably wont want you, like they dont want me till i show them something awesome. These guys are proffesional terrainers, so you need to give them proffesional terrain, not just "good".
Yea, and as i said, my terrain im currently making ain't proffesional, so = DAMN MYSELF FOR SAYING IT!!

i guess you didnt get what was that about...sigh
Let me be clear:
Bobanzanko, we don't give a crap for the images you post here. We want you to make a Human fortress and to POST THE MAP of that Human fortress / castle in this thread so we ALL can see it.
No map, no candy.
Let me put it by steps. This is what we want Bobanzanko:
1 - you make human castle terrain
2 - you put map here
3 - people see your map
4 - we decide if your human castle is good

What i mean is that the city you made looks completely different from the "hell" you made.
+1.

Orly_YaRly: you try and you fail, you try and you fail .... but you only really fail when you stop trying.

Don't quit. If you keep trying you'll make it eventually.

Level 23
Agreed on that post. What makes me wonder on you Bobanzanko, is the way you try to get into the team. And the style difference, same with the way you take screenshots of your terrain. The nice hell terrain misses the Game settings in the right upper corner, while your new one has it. Might be random, but makes me suspicious when seeing the difference between them, too!

SO PLEASE PLEASE: Do what Flame_Phoenix did say!

@Orly_Yarly: Like Flame Phoenix said, keep on trying and improving and one day you earn a spot as a terrainer, maybe here, maybe in a different nice project, it's all up to practice and your will. Nothing comes from one day to another.

And btw. I guess all of us terrainers working on this team are far away from being "Pros" :D

Level 5
thanks guys, you are really inspiring me :thumbs_up:
I will be working on details of the orc base now, maybe even add more terrain, then i will post the map here.

Btw, Bobanzanko, you dont need to upload it on hive, just post it into attachments.
EDIT: Aw cmon, is that all you can actually do? The terrain you uploaded is ...... well, dunno.

Level 5
i guess not, but HB needs finished bases, so they are finding someone that can do good bases. Otherwise, for me, its great experience :grin:

Debode, maybe M0rtar can finish it. But if M0rtar gets some help, I believe it will be even better.

Orly_YaRly, can you post a screen? I don't have WE installed :S

Bobanzanko, we appreciate your effort on making the maps, but I find you suspicious. You can make very nice hell city and very nice Human city, but your castle map is somehow ... different.

I agree with Debode and M0rbid. The decision will ofc, be left to Xarwin. Since he is the leader he will know what to do with you.

Level 16
Bobanzanko, we appreciate your effort on making the maps, but I find you suspicious. You can make very nice hell city and very nice Human city, but your castle map is somehow ... different.
You have all rights to find Bobanzanko suspicious. Just look at what Maps that he uploaded before they were "brutally mutilated". And see why did they got Rejected.

Level 5
Yea, he was suspicious to me from the start. Really.

Flame_Phoenix: Sorry, my internet lags, i uploaded the map with BIG luck, and it took me half hour. Can anyone take a screen or two from my example and post it here? Plz :cute:

Level 5
i can say just this think what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up::grin:
When my ORPG gets out you shall pay for this
and yes about maps i can say im not good about making just 1 base when i make a map im far more better...

Level 5
Flame_Phoenix: I laughed so hard when you pwned him like that :grin: :grin: :grin:
Bobanzanko: Yea, good luck finishing the terrain that will probably be done when Starcraft 3 comes out.....oh wait.

Level 19
Do HIVE Battlefield even need more terrainers?

That's up to Xarwin, but I will accept everyone's help.

MortAr- can finish the bases, no? :/

Yep, and I will when I get some free-time.

hahaha we will see
and about the maps im making them since yestrday they 2 i need a rest a little because you wasted me a time i didnt sleeped all night!!!!!!!!!!!! because of this 2 maps

FYI, HB first terrain was done in 3 hours aprox, and it had much greater results than yours.

Level 5
Yea, owned preety bad.
BTW, for Flame_Phoenix, pictures.

Attachments

• Orc's Base.JPG
    Orc's Base.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Horde.JPG
    Horde.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Amani Lodge.JPG
    Amani Lodge.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Elemental's Rise.JPG
    Elemental's Rise.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Hall of Chieftan.JPG
    Hall of Chieftan.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 81
Orly_YaRly:
Looks in fact like an Orc camp, but I must confess it doesn't look like the fortress I was expecting. It has no walls, no spiked woods defending it, no towers and no barracks. I see a small camp (which is a nice detail) but I don't understand what it is doing there (what is it's function?). I see the altar, which is nice because our heroes can be revived there and the base that the enemy must destroy.Having in mind this is terrain, you are allowed to use imports.
The gate is merely an open arc. For a base it is not defended at all. I strongly recommend you do the following:

1 - Add some walls. Since they are works, I recommend you use some of the following imports:
THW models section has more content. I found these small and yet useful models, I suggest you search more.

2 - Add some towers. The Orc tower model from the game would fit in nicely. A base needs some defence after all right? PS: I just saw the towers. Please make them more visible by using some of the imports I suggested :p

3 - The altar is nice BUT .... in the brain stroming some people supported a caravan idea to rescue the heroes. I would like to see a medical post where the caravan can arrive and where the heroes can be brought back to life. The altar would be an option B. This is, by no means, obligatory, it is just something I would like to see because I suggested the idea and because Viikuna did a great job on it as well. It would be a shame for it to go to waste :S

4 - The path needs variety. Try adding some bushes, rocks. Try breaking the path a little bit. You can even add animals :p

5 - The slope to the river is way to obvious. Try to make it more smooth and please remove those cliffs.

6 - Why not add some geisers? Just for fun :p

Giving it a closer look I say it is quite nice, but the terrain is too flat IMO. It is definetly better than Bobanzanko submissions, that's for sure.
What do you guys think?
I think it is nice.

Level 23
I guess it's way better than anything you have posted so far. But it's maybe not the level we're searching for yet. But I sense you could get this level by practicing a lot soon!

If you want me to give a longer review on what can be improved and on your terraining in gerneral, mention it, and I might find the time too. Quite busy with exams at the moment, so I'll only write it, if you wish me too ;)

Level 5
thanks guys :grin: :thumbs_up:

Flame_Phoenix: Well, the camp aint barracks (i wasn't thinking of it as actual AOS base, just as Orcish War Camp or something like that.)
Towers are in those rocks, kinda like natural defensive system :grin:
Well, the Amani Lodge is something like medical camp. You know, Troll Healing magic, best in the world :grin:

I will use your tips and Finish this damn base.
EDIT: Argh, the best wall model cannot be rotated. Stuff like that can really enrage me.

Level 5
I know, thats what i am saying :grin: you think im some random map idiot? :grin:
I did, edited all possible directions, but its still in one direction...

Level 5
did, nothing. I will use another model
EDIT: so, i used different model, that works perfect. I will post the screens sooner or later, be patient :grin:

Last edited:
Level 5
sorry, don't want to double post...
But even if i COULD help with terrain, i can't, cuz im going on vacation at friday's afternoon :sad: :cry:

Level 5
well, i guess i will be spending more time on beach then siting in house and doing Warcraft :grin:, let's call it as "break" from warcraft and everything else on computer. :grin:.
And i guess when i will return, the terrain will be already finished.

I hate being in a beach ... I don't know why people like it ... it is so boring ... there is nothing to do and I can't even sleep because the sun is always in my eyes ... xD

And I don't feel like swimming in the pee of people ... like in this southpark episode:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251891

But I agree it is always relaxing to have a "break" from everything and to get rest for a few days :p

Level 11
I'm not going to seaside this summer, so I'll be here too.
I will make some unanimated models needed, namely doodads and attachments for creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.