• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hive's Battlefield] - A community Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really in need of GUI-ers & jassers to create hero spells.
No style of the people who just left us.

I could make a few spells for it - I use GUI though I can use basic vJass should the need arise.

surprise another aos map

Why yes, thanks for noticing and we appreciate your enthusiasm for the project.

Level 19
Flame_Phoenix, I can't rely on the systems anymore because Anachron quited and TRD didn't kinda made a response.
I'll have to do with the things I have.

And I am sorry for the slow progress, but like all of you might know real life > all.
But I will finish this map, it will be the last thing I'll do for war3! ;P

Flame_Phoenix, I can't rely on the systems anymore because Anachron quited and TRD didn't kinda made a response.
The systems are reliable and are approved, meaning they work. With enough time not only will I be able to use them, I believe I will also be able to teach other members of the team using them as well.
However, some of the ideas are in fact quite complex to code, and we might need to cut them out.

Your project depends entirely on one single system that Anachron didn't finish:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hrons-map-system-giveaway-170110/#post1615860

The Custom Attack system. This complex system was supposed to replace a unit's ranged attack with a projectile from Anachron's system. Without this module done, I am afraid that Anachron's missile engine will NOT be able to intercept and change missiles from ranged attacks.
There must be a way to do this, I don't know any sane way. That's what I fear the worst.

Also, try contacting Viikuna, he is a hell of a coder, he might have an idea we can use!

Well, it isn't that hard actually. Use an spell to cast an attack and upon finishing the spell cast, you will release CustomMissile.

This is how I did it with CustomAttack. (I nearly finished it, you only have to tweak it a bit).

However, I may finish it since it's only some simple steps away from working and you relied on my systems and I don't want this project to be dead because I have to care more about reallife now.

Level 5
i can help you with terrain, preety good at it :grin:
IF i can be in this map :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: nah, send me the map so i can improve some of your terrain.

Level 11
Great. But delete that first post. Go to EDIT, and check delete this post, should be somewhere above the text field, in advanced edit. In normal there is a delete button where save is.

Level 5
so, where is that map? i was hoping someone would PM me it, but nothing. I cant help you without that map you know :grin:
Also, when my internet stops lagging, i hope someone will approve my hero idea, which i will post later here

Level 5
So, here you go, a proof. Its village of night elves hidden in the wods. How did the peasans get here? Dunno :grin:

Attachments

• Proof 1 = Altar of Magic.JPG
    Proof 1 = Altar of Magic.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Proof 2 = Night Elven Village.JPG
    Proof 2 = Night Elven Village.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Proof 3 = Fishermen's Lodge.JPG
    Proof 3 = Fishermen's Lodge.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Proof 4 = Blessing of Cenarius.JPG
    Proof 4 = Blessing of Cenarius.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Proof 5 = Tree Village + Rest.JPG
    Proof 5 = Tree Village + Rest.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Proof 6 = Eh.....JPG
    Proof 6 = Eh.....JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Proof 7 = Whole Area.JPG
    Proof 7 = Whole Area.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 89
Level 5
1st. = yes, its forest with river so its flat. There is a village, a grove and a fishermen lodge. HOW can you BUILD a VILLAGE, GROVE and a FISHING LODGE on HILLS?! man, think before speaking, im trying to be realistic a little.

2st. = Bushes are spammed due the trees. I was trying to cover the trees, because it looks wierd when giant tree is just growing from flat (again with the flat) grass. So i tryied to cover it with bushes. And dont forget that i also spammed trees, houses, cattails, flowers, mushrooms, torches, grass, leaves, water....

And BTW, i want to see our next terrainer show us his work.

Level 19
Orly_YaRly would you please stop spamming?
Your attitude just makes me not accept you.

The terrain you provided is sadly enough not enough for ours.
Read the feedback of the previous posts.

However, I can finish the terrain too but that would take my time away for creating spells.

Also, could you please fix your hero submission?
Through the comments your support is appreciated.

...Flame Phoenix....
...you say....
...i am.....
...bad?
I am just saying that terrain is not perfect and that it needs to be perfected. I am not saying it sucks. Personally the worst terrain I've ever seen was the terrain for my own project (which I made) and I don't believe anyone can make a terrain so bad like I did.

Don't be offended, just take our constructive criticism and improve yourself and the quality of your work. There is no shame in remaking a work to make it better, I did that a lot of times.

Level 5
okay, sorry for spam and acting like 10 year old kid, crying about something that can be approved.
Right now im thinking about working on "example" of the bases. Forest aint my best terrain you know :grin:

Level 5
Bobanzanko: Let me?

Xarwin: Wow, i will keep that sentence in my head everytime i will made a terrain.
And i fixed the hero concept.

Level 5
Omg i was thinking let me find i maked a map long ago and i lost it so im seacrhing it now if i find i will post the picture

image link: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6199/12549303131877964701113.png

ITS Building map i maded it long ago but we are talking about the terrain right??

sry for double post
Use your edit button!

Also, don't simply post such bug images.
I fixed the link for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.