• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Spirituality Poll

Do you consider yourself religious?

• Very Religious

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Atheist

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Religious

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Not Really... (leaning towards no)

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • I Practice a Non-Theistic Religion

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Elenai, you know, you can't hate christian if you haven't read the bible, I had to, and all those lies written in that goddamn book made me go for atheism, so your idea of the world is wrong.

You say atheism are the bullies? wait.... why are scientists bullies? because they know more as you? Aha.... and you are the "faith", please... stop it, you got no idea what you are talking about, as always, grow up and get some logical thinking lil elven girl.

Level 19
You say atheism are the bullies? wait.... why are scientists bullies? because they know more as you? Aha.... and you are the "faith", please... stop it, you got no idea what you are talking about, as always, grow up and get some logical thinking lil elven girl.

Honestly?
All I've seen in this thread are atheists bashing Religion and saying it caused most of the bad things of the world.

Level 35
Elenai, you know, you can't hate christian if you haven't read the bible, I had to, and all those lies written in that goddamn book made me go for atheism,

Your choice is your own, thank God for free-will. But for the 'lies', I can only say, that the bully in my example uses the same tone you have used.

so your idea of the world is wrong.

Ah yes! Just what The Bully said:

"I am right, you are wrong, this is truth, this is reality."

-The Bully

You say atheism are the bullies? wait.... why are scientists bullies?

Scientist != Atheist. An Atheist can be a scientist, just as a Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Wiccan, Deist, Hindu, Muslim, Native American Spiritualist...need I go on? - Can be.

because they know more as you?

"You're stupid! I am superior to you, I am stronger, bigger, smarter, and better than you are, I know more, I know facts, I know theories, I know best. Your ideas, your games, anything you find fun is stupid, anything you know is stupid."

-The Bully

Aha.... and you are the "faith", please... stop it, you got no idea what you are talking about, as always, grow up and get some logical thinking

"This world is crap, and you will never get over it, so live with it, and take your punishment you stupid geek."

-The Bully

"When I grow up, I will be far better off than you will be."

-The Geek, and my response.

lil elven girl.

Trolling: But it only furthers the point that you are indeed one of The Bullies.

At any rate, I thank you Redscores for providing empirical evidence that bolsters my Bully verses Geek parable. Your help in my endeavour has been most appreciated.

Level 35
Talking with elenai.... i hate that, just annoying shit talk, like with all religious people, they have no arguments at all.... thats the reality, and I am not friendly, you can be friendly if you want, but friendly people will lose in the world, trust me.

"This world is crap, and you will never get over it, so live with it, and take your punishment you stupid geek."

"you'll rot in this useless town like everyone else!"

"Don't be such an arrogant little prick to think you are going to be better than me! You arrogant little geek, how dare you!"

"Ha! Typical response from a stupid neeeerd like you, who has nothing to say and has lost the argument. Get out of here, I hate your stupid face, and your stupid ideas, you are a hideous mark on this planet that shouldn't ever have existed."

-The Bully

Level 10
633679826657329570-Bacon.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Just one thing, how is it that in order to know you have to agree? If you say two and two makes three, I know you said that, but I do not necessarily agree that the statement itself is true, only the fact you said it. Thus, you can know the Bible, all the words, all the names and how they are arranged, yet not agree with what it says. Otherwise every argument could be fended off easily by; if you do not agree with what I am saying, you do not know what I am saying, and thus you cannot possibly make a statement against it.

Truly understanding the Bible, however, I doubt anyone can.

As for rejecting Jesus Christ in order to receive bacon; you're aiming your gun in the wrong direction. Christianity and Jesus Christ are not one. Jesus Christ was (by all probability) a human being with exceptional concepts of life, he did not ask for followers, he did not create Christianity - he inspired it. I have no quarrels with Jesus Christ, quite the contrary. If I could choose between receiving bacon and talking with Jesus Christ, I'd undoubtedly choose the latter (probably even if he was an ass, because I'm honestly not that fond of bacon, but still). What I disagree with is the religious movement that calls itself Christianity, I believe their ways are imperfect, on the brink of becoming completely wrong. There are faithful Christians out there that truly believe in God, and/or live up to Jesus Christ's renown, and I respect that - I admire it, but there are far too many that abuse his name. I believe that if Jesus Christ lived today, he would not bear the title Christian, he would simply be human.

Level 21
Uh...that bad to believe there is point in living instead of thinking that we are just accident in universe? (don't get this too much literally)

I choose Religious.

Why is it that important to make someone to think that your choice is right one? I think that every man has right to choose on his own.

Level 25
but friendly people will lose in the world, trust me.

Stereotypes ftw.

Being a beliver in something automatically sorts you in a group of people and their behaviour?

If you like that idea of a world good for you, if you are religious that doesn't make you a puppet nor it makes you anything you guys think.

Every human is different, accept it or not that is the truth, religion is a touchy subject, i am just gonna go ahead and ask Pyritie what he thinks about this talk as this could produce a large amount of hate talk or useless discussions.

@Azeroc

Some people might find that offending, i suggest you straighten up and think more before using google to make fun of someone or a group of people.

Level 25
Go ahead make this all about hate,anger and insulting.

Good thing some of use(normal people, not talking about religion) could care less of what a guy from the other screen thinks.

Seriously just drop it, it is pointless and everyone has their belief system, so just stop it, if you want to get attention you aren't doing it the right way.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

He's not saying you are unable to, but that you are unwilling to. There's a difference.

Edited my other post before realizing how active this thread currently is:
Just one thing, how is it that in order to know you have to agree? If you say two and two makes three, I know you said that, but I do not necessarily agree that the statement itself is true, only the fact you said it. Thus, you can know the Bible, all the words, all the names and how they are arranged, yet not agree with what it says. Otherwise every argument could be fended off easily by; if you do not agree with what I am saying, you do not know what I am saying, and thus you cannot possibly make a statement against it.

Truly understanding the Bible, however, I doubt anyone can.

As for rejecting Jesus Christ in order to receive bacon; you're aiming your gun in the wrong direction. Christianity and Jesus Christ are not one. Jesus Christ was (by all probability) a human being with exceptional concepts of life, he did not ask for followers, he did not create Christianity - he inspired it. I have no quarrels with Jesus Christ, quite the contrary. If I could choose between receiving bacon and talking with Jesus Christ, I'd undoubtedly choose the latter (probably even if he was an ass, because I'm honestly not that fond of bacon, but still). What I disagree with is the religious movement that calls itself Christianity, I believe their ways are imperfect, on the brink of becoming completely wrong. There are faithful Christians out there that truly believe in God, and/or live up to Jesus Christ's renown, and I respect that - I admire it, but there are far too many that abuse his name. I believe that if Jesus Christ lived today, he would not bear the title Christian, he would simply be human.

Level 21
Heh. Elenai alone has been insulting atheists in the last two days or so by saying they're blind, bullying, unable to comprehend what he can comprehend, unable to understand the bible, etc., etc., etc,

Did he post any mockery of atheism? Any funny picture?

Or did he simply defended him self from people who think religion is stupid (sometimes it seems there is "prove that Elenia is wrong" sport) . He was if you ask me annoyed when people speak of something about they don't have enough knowledge. And bible as all other religious books is interpreted wrongly often.

To be honest I don't care what someone think as long as they don't bother other people with their believes.

Level 22
It isn't naive, it is fact.
It's naive, not a fact. I know dozens of people who have read the Bible, who have studied religion, people who have dedicated their lives to this, and they are atheists. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Is it just me or does that mean that you can still be an atheist even if you've read the Bible and understand what it means?

I've met very few atheists on this site, and abroad, who have not been a bully to the faithful geek.
Elenai (Slightly edited) said:
You were bullied by humans, not by Atheists, it would seem.
Pwnd?

The difference is between 'reading' and 'studying'. You can read anything, you can read the stop on the stop sign...Of course we all know what happens when you don't apply it.
Even if you study the Bible (like some of those I mentioned a little bit up) you can still be an Atheist afterwards. In fact, you cannot find what's wrong in the Bible without studying it.

Reading != studying-applying = knowing it.
Reading != study-applying = knowing it.
What kind of fail math is that? And you call yourself a geek?
Translated to English (this is directly translated) : Reading is not equal to the subtraction of applying from study equals knowing it.

*Isolating the quote*
Wtf, why isolate a quote?

Bully tone. ^_^
How does stating the truth equal to bullying? Even if I say that politicians are doing it wrong I'm not bullying, I'm stating a fact.

Ah yes...the source of your issue with it. You feel "denied pleasures". In my experience, the more I grow with God, the greater, and better, I experience life.
I don't feel denied pleasures. Where the f*ck did you get that from? I take pleasure from knowing that people actually believe something which have been heavily altered and is missing crucial pieces. It's seriously really funny. It's like telling a child the story about superman, but instead say he was a ugly little bastard who liked to bully people and then see that the child actually believe it.

This is full of errors I'm afraid. Really, I can't quite put my arm into how deep this is to even pull you out. But I will try:

"Because the DaVinci Code isn't Truth."
What I find funny is that the Da Vinci* (you missed a space) Code is based on facts, but also that it's not only the Da Vinci code which states this, but books which were written down at the same time the other books were and are just as reliable as the books which are in the Bible. Which means that if you deny those, you must also deny the other books (which again means you must deny the Bible).

I find it strange that you believe in all of that, but you won't even look at the actual bible without sneering.
That book (The Da Vince Code) is actually more historically accurate than your book (The Bible).

Your choice is your own, thank God for free-will. But for the 'lies', I can only say, that the bully in my example uses the same tone you have used.
Thank god? Thank the human brain, thank the frikken evolution of man (which, if you count in the evolution of our predecessors too, happened over billions of years).

Ah yes! Just what The Bully said:

"I am right, you are wrong, this is truth, this is reality."

-The Bully
And you're saying the same. No matter what your intentions are with it you're still saying the same frikken thing. There is NO way around that.

Scientist != Atheist. An Atheist can be a scientist, just as a Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Wiccan, Deist, Hindu, Muslim, Native American Spiritualist...need I go on? - Can be.
Even though Atheist doesn't necessarily mean you're a scientist you can't be a religious man and say you are one. Because if you're religious you have to deny a lot of what you find out since they contradict your beliefs, and if you don't you're not religious. You can be a so called "Religious Scientist", but that isn't the same as being a scientist.

"You're stupid! I am superior to you, I am stronger, bigger, smarter, and better than you are, I know more, I know facts, I know theories, I know best. Your ideas, your games, anything you find fun is stupid, anything you know is stupid."
"When I grow up, I will be far better off than you will be."
Those two are according to you both yourself and a bully you're talking to, but both are bullies. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And why do you call yourself a geek? A geek is one who likes math, science, physics and especially computers. You can't like all those and still be religious since two of them contradict religion. How can you like something which contradicts all you believe? Oh, and some of the stuff used in computers are based on quantum physics. I'm a geek btw.

Edit: Omg, you guys are too active. You made over a whole page while I was preparing this.

Level 25
And why do you call yourself a geek? A geek is one who likes math, science, physics and especially computers. You can't like all those and still be religious since two of them contradict religion. How can you like something which contradicts all you believe? Oh, and some of the stuff used in computers are based on quantum physics. I'm a geek btw.

By your perception i shouldn't exist then.

I love math/physics and specifically computers, but your quote says that I cannot exist, yet still i am.

This talk is just ruining the image of THW as a good website, people come here to relax not argue about religion, or even worse politics.
Save that for the Medivh's tower.

Keep your opinions and beliefs to yourself and i will do the same, insult mine belief and i will defend it, simple as that.

Main point, you started it, you should stop it.

Level 20
Believers, when given the choice, tend to select whichever religion grants them the neatest afterlife. That in itself is enough to show that the belief is ridiculous.

In any case, the entire bully metaphor is wrong. In reality, bullies are the ones who reject truth and reason, and harm others for no valid reason. Atheism is the complete opposite of the rejection of reason. However, you can't rely on all atheists to actually intelligently portray the atheist mindset: everyone and their mother is an atheist nowadays.

Level 19
Talking with elenai.... i hate that, just annoying shit talk, like with all religious people, they have no arguments at all.... thats the reality, and I am not friendly, you can be friendly if you want, but friendly people will lose in the world, trust me.

Seems we share the same philosophy.

However, saying Religious People can't discuss shit is GENERALIZING.

Which is bad.

Level 21
Ok this is ridiculous. There is no way that anyone here will agree on anything. If any of you had any sense (both atheist and believers) you would stop. I don't think I have seen here any real conversations just attempts to prove that other is wrong.

If you think religion suck good for you for sharing your opinion. You believe in religion then good for you also.

If you try to forcefully prove to someone who doesn't share your opinion that doesn't make you look smart. I don't care how much your fact are good to you it obvious that opposing side doesn't care. You are just wasting your time.

And there lot of generalizing here. There are no two same atheists or believers. There is no even single religion so you can't deny every faith by mocking Christianity (there are even lot of Christianities) sucks.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

..or perhaps real-life called.

NAAAAH, that doesn't happen.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

We shall see how long will it be peaceful. Or I'll teach them all the art of "I don't care what you think".

If you truly did not care, you wouldn't be visiting this thread any longer, I hereby deem you an invalid teacher of such arts.

Level 21
I didn't say I am good choice for that but someone has to stop pointless arguments. Yes I do care what other people think but I respect their opinions and listened to them but however if I don't like them I don't force them to change it. But since I am only human I may stray from the path. I visit this thread because I wish to see other peoples opinions.

Level 22
By your perception i shouldn't exist then.

I love math/physics and specifically computers, but your quote says that I cannot exist, yet still i am.
That doesn't make a lot of sense. How can you love subjects which contradict your belief? I can understand that it would be possible to exist, but it would be as if I would love believing in god/God/Generator operator destroyer/whatever. I can understand that you can love math, but science and physics contradict religion. I have a Christian math teacher, but all the science and physics teachers I've had over the years are atheists, as well as my history teachers. Kinda interesting that you can be religious and still love the very thing which have been used to explain that your God doesn't exist :D

Main point, you started it, you should stop it.
You who? Me? No. It could be a many different people depending on how you look at it. The first ones who really started it were DvO and Elenai.

Edit: I would also like to note that I have nothing against religion and I don't hate religious people, I just don't like it when they say they have proof or when they try to convince me that there is a God.

Level 21
Edit: I would also like to note that I have nothing against religion and I don't hate religious people, I just don't like it when they say they have proof or when they try to convince me that there is a God.

Noted and respected.

Haven't many philosophers always in the end used god (generic) to explain the connection between mind and space? I can't name right now but I am sure that some rationalist (I am not sure how it is spelled in English) in lack of evidence to support their theories used as last resort god.

Also to be kinda honest didn't religion were created to help people? Like Christianity was used to remove slavery system from Europe and bring feudalism. But then duo to growing of power religion started to stop progress.

Haven't many philosophers always in the end used god (generic) to explain the connection between mind and space? I can't name right now but I am sure that some rationalist (I am not sure how it is spelled in English) in lack of evidence to support their theories used as last resort god.

Well I would say almost all philosophy is speculation - there's no tangible definition of how we should live our lives. I guess whatever floats your boat when it comes to supporting it since in the end your philosophy will have the greatest effect on you personally - just doesn't mean it will catch on with others.

Level 22
God is used as an explanation for things they cannot understand, yes. And religion was created by humans.

And this is the last thing I'll say (about religion) in this damned thread.
Many give religion the credit for the rules and without religion there would be chaos etc, but even animals have rules for how they're supposed to behave, so rules are something we have inherited from our predecessors (the monkeys <3). It's natural, it's something already in us. Our brain sends out hormones when we do good things to make us happy and when we do bad things it sends out hormones to make us feel bad. The only thing religion did was write it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.