• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive dota tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

JOIN THE DOTA 1 HIVE TOURNAMENT
attachment.php

attachment.php

Are you a dota fan? Do you want to pwn?
Do you enjoy playing with / against friends? Do you enjoy the
old dota warcraft maps ?

If you said yes, then you've come to the right place
Join the hive dota tournament. We organize to bring dota fans
a dota experience without much of the rage.
Unlike the random "mid or feed" people that you play dota 2 with,
you get to revisit the dota roots with the old warcraft dota maps
AND play with people more on your level.

JOIN HERE!

PICK GAME MODES HERE!

Those with battle.net accounts will play on battle.net.
Those without battle.net, can use ENT gaming website to join,
since its easy, free and shouldn't be too much bother for you

Tournament would take place at some time at the weekend.
Saturday / Sunday is best, even if we're at 6+ hours difference.
We don't anyone to lose sleep or get up with the rooster

Use the links above to vote for the tournament, including game modes.
Hope we see each other on the battlefield ;)

Attachments

• uncle-sam.jpg
    uncle-sam.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 830
  • imageedit_1_7507958885.jpg
    imageedit_1_7507958885.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

sounds insteresting. playing dota against the hive member. too bad that i don't have the legit version of the wc3.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Why not dota 2? It's easier (no need to use Garena, Bnet)

oh, i though he was talking about playing dota 1 since he mention "a well known map" and he did'nt mention anything about dota 2.

well, my laptop would'nt survive in 5 minute and probably die from the heat if i use it for playing dota 2. so, no.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I'm pretty sure 95%+ of us aren't fantastic at DotA. You're suggesting an amateur tourny, right Sentry?

Yeah a casual tournament with only Hive members.

The tournament would be "kind of serious" but as you said, its an amateur tournament.
The point isn't to be good or fantastic. some will be better than others ofc, but its a closed
hive tournament. Like i said above, its to bring the hive community together with a
map that everyone knows (more or less).

Teams vise, we can eithers: randomize all contestants into teams or let people pick friends to play as.
I mean, this is very fun. When was the last time you played with 4 other people you call "friends" in a
map versus other 5 friends.

Also, -draft or -captain mode (dunno the command in dota 1) is specifically designed for tournament play.
It will feel like an official tournament, but its casual :)

Level 22
Making the team random is a bad idea, it can lead to unfair match. I suggest (if ever this is happening which I highly doubt) two team captains alternately picking his/her members. E.g. TC1 (Team Captain) chooses his 1st member, then after that TC2 chooses his. Then TC1 again, and so forth. Of course, MMRs are publicly known to help TCs choose better.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Making the team random is a bad idea, it can lead to unfair match. I suggest (if ever this is happening which I highly doubt) two team captains alternately picking his/her members. E.g. TC1 (Team Captain) chooses his 1st member, then after that TC2 chooses his. Then TC1 again, and so forth. Of course, MMRs are publicly known to help TCs choose better.

That's ok. Random is random for a reason. It isn't to make the game "fair" just unpredictably fun.

It can be any way to pick team members. Though picking may be just as unfair because you may premade with some hive members that play dota 2 and not everyone knows that so that person will have advantage.

EDIT: Can we make an official poll for this? Something that will hang in the header of hiveworkshop. That way we can have people say if they want a dota 1 hive tournament. Because as is right now, we're just guessing if this becomes a thing or not. And not everyone hangs in this forum, so people will often miss it. But if its "official" that way we will get a general poll about the mass opinion of playing dota 1.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hive Clan has nothing to do with dota 2. This is about dota 1, the warcraft map.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Yes guys its dota 1 map, not dota 2 steam game. We can play via many means, including:

- Battle.net
- Garena
- Game Ranger
- Any other software or website like ENT gaming

The point is to play team vs team and many people will agree on what platform they will play on. The only thing we need to do is keep track via replays, recorded videos, screenshots etc.

Level 30
Battle.net can only be played if you have original game, which I do, but I can't play on Garena due to it not being available in my country.

GameRanger works for both tho, so I guess it will be the main platform.

On a side note, having replay of every game will be great so that we can make some video compilations in the end, like Best Moments. But, just final screenshots of full multiboard would be enough for score and proof I guess.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Battle.net can only be played if you have original game, which I do, but I can't play on Garena due to it not being available in my country.

GameRanger works for both tho, so I guess it will be the main platform.

On a side note, having replay of every game will be great so that we can make some video compilations in the end, like Best Moments. But, just final screenshots of full multiboard would be enough for score and proof I guess.

The point is to get together and play. Through what platform is entirely up to the majority of people.

And yeah. Replays, screenshots or recorded videos would be great for keeping track, especially tournament wise.

Level 16
The point is to get together and play. Through what platform is entirely up to the majority of people.

And yeah. Replays, screenshots or recorded videos would be great for keeping track, especially tournament wise.

Actually i think thats not entirly true, based on your original post. ( I see that has been changed and updated, looks nice)
I think the entire reason the Dota tournament was made up, was because we recently made a Clan on battle.net therefor we wanted to start a battle.net Dota tournament, but people didn't pay attention to that and started thinking dota 2, then thinking dota 1 on Gareana because they refuse to pay for the retail version etc etc.

So while yes the leaders here would want to make everyone happy and go based on majority...
please keep in mind, the idea was due to the fact we have an online (battle.net) Clan for Warcraft 3.
While I mean no disrespect towards anyone, I just think clearly people can get confused VERY quickly, and makes me think of how unorganized it could be. We want everyone to be as happy as we can make them, Im just trying to make sure we had the original focus here.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Actually i think thats not entirly true, based on your original post. ( I see that has been changed and updated, looks nice)
I think the entire reason the Dota tournament was made up, was because we recently made a Clan on battle.net therefor we wanted to start a battle.net Dota tournament, but people didn't pay attention to that and started thinking dota 2, then thinking dota 1 on Gareana because they refuse to pay for the retail version etc etc.

So while yes the leaders here would want to make everyone happy and go based on majority...
please keep in mind, the idea was due to the fact we have an online (battle.net) Clan for Warcraft 3.
While I mean no disrespect towards anyone, I just think clearly people can get confused VERY quickly, and makes me think of how unorganized it could be. We want everyone to be as happy as we can make them, Im just trying to make sure we had the original focus here.

The clan is here to bring people together through wc3.

That's what the original intention is, both of this tournament and the clan.

But not all people have b.net and I think its better to not limit people to play on one platform when they can choose what is easier for them.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

If it includes game-ranger count me in.I am really eager to play the ol but gold Dota 1 map :)

I see why not if other people also want to play on game ranger.

Thread edited, added game modes poll. GO VOTE! :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Bump to move the thread on top. EDITED

As StoPCampinGn00b has pointed out, time and time again I believe that using ENT gaming and battle.net as platforms to play on is the best option. Those with bnet can play standard, those without can make an account at ENT gaming and join for free no hassle.

Level 32
1 tournament, cross server. Using Battle.net for Bnet players and ENT for non-battle.net players solves all the issues of what server it will be on. ENT connects to Battle.net, ENT connect, Eurobattle.net, and sometimes other servers like Garena. ENT connect is free and no CD key is required, so users should download that even they don't have battle.net so everyone can play together in one tournament.

Garena is disabled in many areas and people have issues with Gameranger. Many battle.net players aren't up for downloading 3rd party WC3 clients. This is why cross server hosting is key. We're should be using ENT unless someone can commit to a bot for a few days / weeks to host in all the servers which can be troublesome.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/multiplayer-clans-arrangements-726/where-play-how-host-272895/

Level 20
1 tournament, cross server. Using Battle.net for Bnet players and ENT for non-battle.net players solves all the issues of what server it will be on. ENT connects to Battle.net, ENT connect, Eurobattle.net, and sometimes other servers like Garena. ENT connect is free and no CD key is required, so users should download that even they don't have battle.net so everyone can play together in one tournament.

Garena is disabled in many areas and people have issues with Gameranger. Many battle.net players aren't up for downloading 3rd party WC3 clients. This is why cross server hosting is key. We're should be using ENT unless someone can commit to a bot for a few days / weeks to host in all the servers which can be troublesome.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/multiplayer-clans-arrangements-726/where-play-how-host-272895/
Fair enough i guess :)

Level 16
Cool so I can log On my battle.net account and join a game and people from ENT will be in the game room? AWESOME'
still unfamiliar with how ENT works on battle.net with botting. I knew it could connect xrealms but I figured it was only the 4 gateways on bnet.

Level 32
I had shit grammar on my post. Heh, sorry it was early.

Anyway, yes, that's correct JC. It's recommended you use battle.net or ENT connect to join ENT games.
It connects to:
- All Battle.net realms
- ENT Connect
- Eurobattle.net
- Sometimes Garena and other servers

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Everything is awesome. WE just need players now :(

If we count 10 from the poll, that's two teams.

Atleast 10 more people so that there is some diversification. Or we can play a couple of dota games with -sp (shuffle players) so that we kind of randomize teams, but it would be more fun with at least 20+ people.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Damn it, I am too awesome to join this one then.

Well it doesn't matter, it looks like people just don't want to play dota. Guess we'll have to take your word for it, "mr pro"

Level 1
This seems like a most interesting event; as a former frequent DotA player I would most certainly like to join, but I am still unsure as of yet as to my availability given some time slot.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

This seems like a most interesting event; as a former frequent DotA player I would most certainly like to join, but I am still unsure as of yet as to my availability given some time slot.

most people are available weekend wise, evening-night hours. Of course, entire zone swaps are subject to this. the event isn't to inconvenience anyone, but if you can and want to play, then i'm sure you'll be available at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.