• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DOTA Tournament in the Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I heard that some people wanted to have a DotA tournament. We will have to gather teammates first. Once we have enough teams, we will start.

Known Teams (Tell me if you want to add your team here.)

• SSAFR (Took the first letter of our names.) : shinji, sonofjay, Adiktuz, Fire Eagle, Radamantus

• Team B : Jhonny Gangville, -Peper-, snowman990, TheGrandMagnus

Feel free to join. :)

Here's the current team.

EDIT:

Bro please enumerate the players for TEAM A and B tournament
I hope there will be another team The more the team the more its exciting

Yeah. Only 2 teams for now.

Level 3
Tell everyone that is joined in the tournament to invite each other in Garena because we have no other means of fast communication it also helps me configure the Host bot correctly Invite me raulgainsville is my Garena username Please help me test the hostbot so that there will be no crashing or dissconection in the middle of the tournament

Level 3
Yes. Jhonny will make one.
Ok done

Edit: Invitation is now open please post your username here so that we can add you and please make sure you are online Friday June 22, 2012, 8:00PM Philippines time so that things will go smooth please use Time Zone if you are in different country

Edit: Time Zone in the Philippines is (Your Country time) + 8 = Time of Assembly
Take note that its Manila Time that is used to convert

Level 2
I think mine was either PaulRevero or TouchonTV... haven't open my Garena for awhile..

Edit : Just saw the time of the game, I may not join because during Fridays me and my friends also play DotA tournaments every 7pm which lasts up until 9pm with about 2-3 games... so I may get replaced in this game.. sorry

Level 3
I think mine was either PaulRevero or TouchonTV... haven't open my Garena for awhile..

Edit : Just saw the time of the game, I may not join because during Fridays me and my friends also play DotA tournaments every 7pm which lasts up until 9pm with about 2-3 games... so I may get replaced in this game.. sorry
Actually you are not replaced Its just a test not to worry its not the actual game yet i just testing adjusting and configuring the host bot to make sure that it wont crash or ruin the tournament

Edit: Thanks for accepting

I am 0_Peper_0 (that's zero BTW).
Done

@Shinji
Please invite other members in the group

Level 3
I meant that when I applied the patch, it stated that the file does not match checksum... I dont know how to fix this actually... Any suggestions??
If the file checksum did not match any files in the patch that you are installing and that means there is an error in copying Warcraft 3 or your mpq files are corrupted or somethin i dont know the thing is that make sure that when you copy Warcraft 3 you must copy the whole folder and make sure that there is no file missing If this error occurs and occurs again that means that the copy function of Windows is destroyed or bugged this is because the MPQ archive is not copied properly. The MPQ still functions but missing files inside it and that makes the checksum error occur. To solve this problem you may manually look for the missing file in the MPQ archive and replace it by using MPQ master in the TOOLS section look for the missing file and rebuild the MPQ files properly. My another alternative is to Archive the whole Warcraft 3 folder using Winzip and extract it to your Computer or use a File Copy Utility that is trusted by Windows found in Google please post the errors that has been encountered so that I can help you solve it screenshot it or describes it

Edit: Warcraft 3 is 139.89 pesos here in Puerto Princessa, Palawan so to avoid all kinds of errors like you encountered now please buy the original Warcraft 3 Warcraft 3 is very low price now in the Phillippines now because Warcraft 3 is deteriorating

Level 11
Already have garena now people! thanks to Johny :D
But i have prob with the patch
195880-albums3915-picture58942.png

Level 3
Already have garena now people! thanks to Johny :D
But i have prob with the patch
195880-albums3915-picture58942.png

If this error occur that means that Warcraft 3 has incomplete files inside the MPQ Archive To solve this you may manually look for the file that is missing use the MPQ master to edit the MPQ file but for me this need more effort to be able to fix this and one this job is very tiresome and one thing also the CD key data is messed up i still don't know how to fix this for this reason you may need obtain another copy of Warcraft 3 Choose a Internet Cafe that has Original Warcraft 3 with the version 1.26.0.6401 bacuse most of the internet cafe has this version and BTW Warcraft 3 is now Cheap my friends even bought 3 Warcraft 3 CD yesterday and my last option try to download warcraft 3 installer in a torrent after download use Warcraft 3 CD key Generator then it takes trial an error to work on this and you may be lucky in finding the Unused CD key after now you have a original Warcraft 3 Try all these possible solutions then report the progress so that I can help

Edit: Wait maybe its a registry error so try this application in fixing Warcraft 3 registry Good Luck
How to make Warcraft 3 Registry Entries:

1. Open up regedit (start > run > regedit)
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\
3. Create new key, name it 'Warcraft III' (without quotes)
4. On right side of new key entry, right click and create new string value
5. Name it 'InstallPath' (without quotes)
6. Change the value of InstallPath to wherever you installed it (example: 'c:\warcraft 3\')
7. Reinstall Warcraft 1.24d Patch. (this time your war3 will be installed without any errors)
8. Enjoy! your Warcraft is patched to 1.26 Universal Patch
or Download this to make it fast.
Warcraft 3 Registry Fixer

Hope I helped you

Level 11
If this error occur that means that Warcraft 3 has incomplete files inside the MPQ Archive To solve this you may manually look for the file that is missing use the MPQ master to edit the MPQ file but for me this need more effort to be able to fix this and one this job is very tiresome and one thing also the CD key data is messed up i still don't know how to fix this for this reason you may need obtain another copy of Warcraft 3 Choose a Internet Cafe that has Original Warcraft 3 with the version 1.26.0.6401 bacuse most of the internet cafe has this version and BTW Warcraft 3 is now Cheap my friends even bought 3 Warcraft 3 CD yesterday and my last option try to download warcraft 3 installer in a torrent after download use Warcraft 3 CD key Generator then it takes trial an error to work on this and you may be lucky in finding the Unused CD key after now you have a original Warcraft 3 Try all these possible solutions then report the progress so that I can help

Edit: Wait maybe its a registry error so try this application in fixing Warcraft 3 registry Good Luck
or Download this to make it fast.
Warcraft 3 Registry Fixer

Hope I helped you

I just realize that i don't have patch 1.24d, i only has 1.24b -.- Could it still work?
OH AND SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST I'M IN MY PHONE

Level 33
Do we need to patch 1.26 or just 1.24e ?
Haha cuz I play 1.24e in my country, but nvm if we're intended to play over on 1.26, I can easily switch to that with Warcraft Version Switcher, anytime any place.

So, I was seeing that Team B is less 1 more player, I'll be joining you guys, if you give me chance :(

So, it's already 10 players ?

What the heck, let's gear up guys !

Level 3
Do we need to patch 1.26 or just 1.24e ?
Haha cuz I play 1.24e in my country, but nvm if we're intended to play over on 1.26, I can easily switch to that with Warcraft Version Switcher, anytime any place.

So, I was seeing that Team B is less 1 more player, I'll be joining you guys, if you give me chance :(
So, it's already 10 players ?
What the heck, let's gear up guys !
We need the final patch because we are using the latest MAP
Yes there is one more bro and you are welcomed so you are in the Group B.
Final List of Group B
Team B : Jhonny Gangville, -Peper-, snowman990, TheGrandMagnus, defskull
So any name suggestion for the Group?

Level 33
Don't tell me it's JPSTD, dafuq I just typed.

Hmmm, we all reign from different background with different interest, what do we have in common anyway ?

Let's call our team Dotalicious ? Who's with me ? Haha

Wait, who will host the game ?

In my casual game, I always host for others and it seems no problem, well, can I appoint myself to be a host ?

Level 3
Don't tell me it's JPSTD, dafuq I just typed.

Hmmm, we all reign from different background with different interest, what do we have in common anyway ?

Let's call our team Dotalicious ? Who's with me ? Haha

Nice name Go bro lets name it Dotalicious
Dotalicious : Jhonny Gangville, -Peper-, snowman990, TheGrandMagnus, defskull
@ Bro Shinji
this is my final team bro we are the fantastic and fabulous Dotalicious

Level 33
How to do this, how do we suppose to play a game with different time zone, there must be a legit and agreed GMT over here.

All see the below values for GMT ? (just scroll down to the most bottom of this page)

It says "All times are GMT. The time now is XX:XX AM/PM."

We should agree on this GMT.

Level 33
It will start tommorow. So what to e do you want?

EDIT: Those who didn't show up in time will be disqualified. The remaining teammate must fight even it is 1 vs 5.

Wait, if this is a tournament, what is the prize then ?
I thought we play this for fun :(

How about this, the new rule;
We gather all people to play dota, and we're gonna play on -sp (shuffle player) mode.
Those who got the last position on the scoreboard (scores in-games, or any other method to calculate, we will vote) will be disqualified.

It will continue on until the last 1v1 match. (8 players has been eliminated).

Since, we don't have much team around here, the only think we can prolong this is to play like this.

Furthermore, if it was on -sp, we get to play with many people with many styles and cooperations, it will be cool.

Level 3
Wait, if this is a tournament, what is the prize then ?
I thought we play this for fun :(

How about this, the new rule;
We gather all people to play dota, and we're gonna play on -sp (shuffle player) mode.
Those who got the last position on the scoreboard (scores in-games, or any other method to calculate, we will vote) will be disqualified.

It will continue on until the last 1v1 match. (8 players has been eliminated).

Since, we don't have much team around here, the only think we can prolong this is to play like this.

Furthermore, if it was on -sp, we get to play with many people with many styles and cooperations, it will be cool.
Shinji is wrong we will have a bot test tomorrow not the actual tournament
@Shinji
Bro please make this just for trial first we don't want to ruin the game without configuring the test bot the test bot is very sensitive so it must be configured properly or else all would be ruin

Level 33
If the tournament only consist of 2 teams, better call it off...

If we have a minimum of 8 teams, that would be likely to be called as tournament.

But if it's just 2, let's just call it as friendly match lulz, we play for fun :)

I think we need to promote this thread into our signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.