• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Large WC3 tournament in Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys.. I've been looking all over the place for a Warcraft 3 community, and it seems like this is one of the very few on the internet unfortunately :(

Personally, I love Warcraft 3.. Which is why I chose to have it featured as a cash tournament in a local LAN that I am organizing. I don't want to come across as spam as much as trying to spread the word to whomever wishes to hear it.

Here is some information about our tournaments, and WC3 tournament as well!

Date:
August 5th through 6th, 2008

Place:
Vancouver, Canada

About:
VanLan was created to give gamers more rewards for their skills. It is a 420 person Lan, with huge gaming cash, media, and sponsor initiatives. With the largest cash tournament in the Northwest, with $14,000 in prize money, VanLan will set new standards for both competitive and casual gaming tournaments.

Cash prize tournaments:
* Counter-Strike 1.6. ~ prizepot of $5,500
* Counter-Strike: Source. ~ prizepot $5,500
* Unreal Tournament 3. ~ prizepot $1,400
* Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. ~ prizepot $,1400

Hardware prize tournaments:
* Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ~ Unannounced hardware prizes.
* Team Fortress 2 ~ Unannounced hardware prizes.
* Supreme Commander ~ Unannounced hardware prizes.
* Many more to come, user oriented votes held @ VanLan.ca

So far so good with user registrations.. With the LAN 8 months away we have almost 100 users registered already! I just hope our Warcraft 3 tournament will have many players. Can you guys refer me to any more Warcraft communities so I can check it out and also inform them about VanLan?

Here's the website for those interested, or whom just want to poke around :)

http://www.VanLan.ca

Level 11
I don't enjoy Dota but it would be a good buisness move, because i don't exactly know the stats, but i do know like around 80%+ of warcraft 3 players, play Dota.

Level 1
We might move to Dota if enough of our members ask for it.. I'm going to head over to a Lan center nearby where apparently many people go to play Warcraft 3.. So I'll probably switch to Dota if that's what they're into. Is Dota 1v1 a possibility? Because 5v5 would require a higher prize-pot, which might be unattainable.

Level 36
Sounds very interesting, though personally I would enjoy a DotA tournament more than Wc3 Melee (ladder) tournament. I would add DotA to the list and get a prize going and I bet a lot more people would join in!

NO. NONONO.
NO!!!!
But yeah, many people would join. They should get a slap in the face for participating, and another one if they win, and 5000 dollars if they lose or quit.

Level 8
We might move to Dota if enough of our members ask for it.. I'm going to head over to a Lan center nearby where apparently many people go to play Warcraft 3.. So I'll probably switch to Dota if that's what they're into. Is Dota 1v1 a possibility? Because 5v5 would require a higher prize-pot, which might be unattainable.
Replacing melee with Dota? Are you insane? Dota is nothing to the greatness of melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.