• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive dota tournament poll

Would you join the hiveworkshop dota 1 tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

If you voted on "maybe" discuss your reasons here.

Some clearing up regarding common things:

- Platform (any 3rd party software, website and/or Battle.net on Agreement)
- Time (whenever you and majority of people can. on Agreement)
- Teams (game modes will be decided when tournament has enough people that)
- Map Version (map version will be decided when tournament has enough people)
- Tournament Style (for small amount of people 20-30 [4-6] teams a Round-Robin. For more teams, some sort of elimination)
- Rewards (nothing decided yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
People aren't really paying attention. As I said before:

Those without battle.net can use ENT connect to play with battle.net players in ENT games. Everyone can use it unless they are banned from ENT for hacking, cheating, game ruining, etc. Even if you are banned, it's probably temporary and you can always post an appeal for an instant unban.

This eliminates the problem of people not able to use Garena or Gameranger or Battle.net for whatever reason.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/multiplayer-clans-arrangements-726/where-play-how-host-272895/

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I cant agree unless a specific platform has been decided,I can play on Bnet, not on gameranger, etc ...

Like @StoPCampinGn00b said, maybe bnet and ENT gaming are the best choice. Those with bnet will play on bnet, those without can join via ENT.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

High Ping = Asynchronous game = Lag/DC

I thought that was a common knowledge in online game players :v

It is. I'm asking for the reasons Why YOU think that will happen. Because I've been playing wc3 for many years, and on very rare occasions I've encountered lag.

Level 21
High ping creates a consistent delay. This is not really a problem, unless it's extreme.
What causes the most problems is actually packet drop, since it makes the delay unpredictable and thus you can't adapt to it. Also, some specific packets desync the game when dropped.

Level 2
Has anyone in Asia tried ENT to connect to BNet? I've never tried BNet before, and I fear that ping may be high... considering that I'm gravely disappointed when my game performance is halted... I also fear the sudden disconnection :(

-Zurc

Level 32
can someone provide the ENT link?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/multiplayer-clans-arrangements-726/where-play-how-host-272895/
Has anyone in Asia tried ENT to connect to BNet? I've never tried BNet before, and I fear that ping may be high... considering that I'm gravely disappointed when my game performance is halted... I also fear the sudden disconnection :(

-Zurc
Tons of people have, but I do know Quilnez and apacrabnightlive, both in Asia use it.

-----

What we need is a list of players planning to participate, Sentry!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

An update. So far 14 people would play dota and there are 6 maybe's. If those maybe's would actually play, we can make 4 teams.

Level 13
I'll play. Have you came up with a date yet or no? If not, just pm me a little in advance and I should be able to make it

Level 16
I voted maybe, I have a pretty busy life, I would need time/date/when/where type of situation. I cant just say yes, find out its when I'm working and then NOT show up, that just bad.
Let me know when you guy have something stable so other cant enlist. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
I get that its going to be on Sat/Sun sometime, but again.... stability, my life doesn't revolve around THW activity. I would Love to be apart of it (even though pretty much suck at it) but without proper date/time set in advance it sticks at maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.