• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Event Contest]: Melee Tournament #2

In what maps should we play?

• Our community's maps

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Basic Blizzard made maps

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

--- Melee Tournament #2 ---
(someone create here awesome contest name picture)

--- Picture ---
(someone create here awesome picture that relates to the theme)

Melee Tournament

Each contestant enters a tournament...

160036-albums4747-picture59725.png

• Your replay must be posted before the deadline.
  • Only Hive Workshop users are allowed to join this tournament.
  • The website rules still count. Nothing may violate any site rules.
  • Games can be played on Battle.net, Garena or whatever you and your opponent decides.
  • After each game played you are forced to save the replay(if you forgot, remember there's that last replay). Both players should do this, in order to know who won. These replays should be attached to your post.
  • No third party programs or cheats may be used. The usage of a third party program and/or cheats will instantly ban you out of the tournament, and future tournaments.
  • A neutral host is not necessary if both players come to an agreement that one of them hosts. If one of the players want to have a neutral host, then they should notify it here.

160036-albums4747-picture59735.png

• First Place: 50! reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35! reputation points
  • Third Place: 25! reputation points
160036-albums4747-picture59727.png

Will be decided later.

Level 5
I'd really prefer blizzard maps, because this way we know the layout of the map and how to use it to our advantage. (For me anyway :D)

The tournament should be setup in brackets, this way it is more organized and clear. I could do this myself if there is no one else available to do it.
If we used blizzard maps there should be one map for each round. Here is an idea of the maps in order I thought of.

-Round 1: Secret Valley
-Round 2: Echo Isles
-Round 3: Terenas Stand
-Round 4: Turtle Rock
-Final round: Twisted Meadows

There may not need to be 5 rounds, if we don't need them we can knock off a map. But I'd recommend a solo map such as TR or TM as the final round.

Note: Why I choosed these five maps is because they are all used in LADDER and TOURNAMENTS. Because they are 100% balanced.

How you can award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place:

-The winner of the final round of course gets 1st place.
-The player who lost to the winner of the final round gets 2nd place.
-The two players who lost in the round before the final round play again. Whoever wins this match gets 3rd place.

I can be a host; also be able to host each game for each round. This way there is an observer for each game also to see who wins and who losses. And of course, there can be many observers. (But I plan on playing too. So would me hosting affect if I can play or not? I don't think it should because I wanted to watch the other players play anyway!)

Last edited:
Level 5
Wow, i'll contact our group Melee Nation to support this one. We can also try some custom melee maps that we created.

Excellent idea. I acutally joined the melee nation group but I guess it still needs approval by a mod? Also, I was thinking of adding the link to this thread as my signature saying support this thread. Or something of the sorts. What do you think?

Also about the idea of using custom made melee maps, maybe if both players want/agree to play on a certain custom melee map they can.

Level 37
I created a poll and answer to that; should we play on our own made maps or basic Blizzard made maps?

If our own maps then the Melee Nation will choose the most balanced maps.

I'll vote for our own maps because the Tournament isn't that serious and it's always good to have something new. PKCrafty, it's not like we'll take the tournament so seriously, we're here to play for fun. Also it reduces the cap between good players and not that good players as there's something unpredictable. Aaaaand, also our melee map creators can finally be on the spotlight!

But anyway... Let's now discuss and vote.

Level 3
I am in only if we don't use blizzard maps (Ugly ).
Just wanna ask what launcher:
B.Net
iCCup
Garena ?
My proposition is iCCup because its tounrnament system is great (auto replays ) :D .
Also iCCup is great choice because it have a no-hack launcher so only skill can get you win :D.
P.S don't care what maps we are going to play as long as they are not blizzard maps !

Status
Not open for further replies.