• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Mapping Contest... Melee Contest???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
dupaa.png

I mean, the melee mapping contest has just finished (congratulations to everyone for their effort put in the contest, ofc), but the maps themselves are just kind of floating around now. I think we could put them to good use by creating a Melee Tournament that would use the maps that got the highest balance scores. Winners would get some kind of reward, whatever it'd be, a badge, reputation, or maybe even money if somebody decides to support it that way, I don't really care. All I want is to see this tournament happen.
In addition, higher quality maps will have a chance to go on competitive map pools on 3rd party leagues and tournaments.

This is exactly what we would do if we were to organize such a tournament. I know it'd require some preparation and enough participants in order to make it happen, but if there is at least a slight chance of such an event taking place, it'd be a sin not to try. Let's see these gorgeous maps in action!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.