• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Hive Arena! Hiring Heroes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
That is quite imba, 30% slow with a stun is too much. I suggest remove stun or lower the % of slow.

Also it does have no name.

A stun-slow is not really an imba skill. If you can balance it somehow, lowering the damage, then it would be an effective skill and not-so-imba. I've seen a lot of stuns with slows after them. If you play DotA, you should know some heroes who have stun-slow in their skillset, but aren't imbalanced.

Level 30
A stun-slow is not really an imba skill. If you can balance it somehow, lowering the damage, then it would be an effective skill and not-so-imba. I've seen a lot of stuns with slows after them. If you play DotA, you should know some heroes who have stun-slow in their skillset, but aren't imbalanced.

I can see that its the slow is quite imbalanced 30% is too much and it is near on 50% which is quite imba.

Level 12
I can see that its the slow is quite imbalanced 30% is too much and it is near on 50% which is quite imba.

Yes. Something to balance this is lowering it, maybe 10/15/20/25%. Btw, I do not know whatever hero you guys are talking about, so that skill might be an ulti, but I'm not really sure. Anyways, imo 30% is okay. Lessen the duration/damage of the stun and make the slow not-so-long. Then, it's balanced. Just a little tinkering of the skill, and it would be okay.

Level 30
Yes. Something to balance this is lowering it, maybe 10/15/20/25%. Btw, I do not know whatever hero you guys are talking about, so that skill might be an ulti, but I'm not really sure. Anyways, imo 30% is okay. Lessen the duration/damage of the stun and make the slow not-so-long. Then, it's balanced. Just a little tinkering of the skill, and it would be okay.

You so genius, bro

+4 REP! ^.^

Level 8
@Pr0blemBro
2 Passives and no ulti? lol...
How is it possible for a hero to not have ulti?;s
the Ulti of a hero is supposed to be a game-changing skill!
are you sure you don't want one? lol

Also for Stealth Mastery isn't 100% transperancy fully invisible
(not sure just asking)

Well overall nice hero man!

100% unit transparency means the model will be fully transparent. The shadow of the unit will still be visible and the health bar will also still show. True stealth requires the warcraft type 'ability' stealth to be used, like Windwalk.

Level 6

I'm writing about an item :|

100% unit transparency means the model will be fully transparent. The shadow of the unit will still be visible and the health bar will also still show. True stealth requires the warcraft type 'ability' stealth to be used, like Windwalk.

Stealth can be used by using the permanent invisibility skill on the hero for true stealth.

Here are the plans for the hero Wurmcrusher, the avatar of a relation of mine who doesn't have an active Hive account. If you prefer, you could add it to the "FUN" hero section if you feel that's where it belongs, because it isn't technically my avatar -- but it could be considered a "Hive Hero" in a sense that it is the avatar of a person, who has read stuff on the hive and who plays Warcraft.
Either way, here is a cool hero idea!

We prepared all of the art/icons/model for the hero (all made by me but with design direction directly from Wurmcrusher), but since there are several files I'm just attaching a .zip archive of them all -- maybe I'll add them to the models/icons sections later. I'm hoping you can squish all of these files down to a size where you're willing to use them in your map; they're attached without any "MDXSquishing" on them, so if you think there are any edits you could make to reduce size without really changing appearance you could do that before "MDXSquishing" them. File size is certainly a troublesome thing -- it's not something I'm used to having problems with, because my main project over the last several years has been a mod rather than a < 8MB map.

So let me know if we need to work out something with reduction of the size of imports, or something.

Wurmcrusher : The Savage Hunter
Hero Model: Wurmcrusher -Retera
Hero Icon:
BTNWurmCrusher6.png
-Retera
Other Models Stuff: (Editor art data to make him look cool)
Projectile Impact - Z: 140.00
Projectile Launch - X: 35.00
Projectile Launch - Z: 220.00
Selection Scale: 3.00
Shadow Image - Center X: 180.00
Shadow Image - Center Y: 180.00
Shadow Image - Height: 450.00
Shadow Image - Width: 450.00
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point: 0.860
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point: 0.310
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Arc: 0.15
Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Speed: 1200
Hero Range: 600 - Ranged
Hero Projectile:
wurmcrusherMissile.png
Use the WurmcrusherMissile projectile art
Hero Lore:
This hero originally hails from the Zear tribe, which were a mighty sub-clan of Orcs that was later twisted by magical forces into orange-skins with spikes growing from their skin all across their bodies.

Once a warlord of the Zear tribe and known for having strength enough to slay dragons, Wurmcrusher has found himself forever doomed by his long-ago battle with the cold-hearted Tyrannosaurus Rex he now rides. After engaging each other in combat in the dinosaur's native land, the Barrens, the two found each other equally matched. Their battle was great, but in the end they both fell dead together, one stabbed by a javelin and the other impaled by numerous dinosaur teeth.
Their bodies lay together under the sun until a cabal of necromancers happened upon them some time later. The necromantic band sought to resurrect them both as powerful Undead warriors, but in the ritual something went amok. The spirits of Wurmcrusher and the Tyrannosaurus fused together into one savage entity, a perfect warrior, with a single spirit that flowed between them both. As one, this powerful spirit slowly began to regain its freedom from the necromancers' will, and before long the necromancers were nothing but a pile of robed bodies lost in the desert. This is Wurmcrusher: The Savage Hunter.

Hero Sound Set: Grom Hellscream
Damage Base: 2 - 12 + AGI bonus = 26 - 36, higher if other heroes get higher numbers
Attack Cooldown: 2.46
Defense Base: Logically, this should be 5, because he has 24 AGI * 0.3 = 7.2 (rounds to 7) - 2 = 5. Now, if other people were giving their heroes "Defense Base" beyond this normal calculation, then let's say this guy gets a "Defense Base" of 3, because why not? 3 + 7 bonus - 2 = 8, which makes this hero strong and that's okay because he's on an epic dino.
Attributes
Strength- 20
Intelligence- 10
Agility- 24 (MAIN)
Movement Speed Base: 320, "Horse" (same as other mounted heroes in wc3)
Spells:

First Skill

Second Skill

Third Skill

Fourth Skill

BTNTailSweep_bright.png

Tail Sweep - Active

Wurmcrusher deals a sweeping blow to his enemies using the Tyrannosaurus's tail, damaging all enemies around him and knocking them back a short distance. The effect of being knocked back also dazes enemy units, slowing the attack and movement speed by 10% for 1 second. This ability also interrupts the damaged units' channeling abilities.

Level 1: 50 damage, short distance knockback.
Level 2: 100 damage, medium distance knockback.
Level 3: 150 damage, medium distance knockback.
Level 4: 200 damage, long distance knockback.

Manacost: 95 Cooldown: 10
BTNTrexDash3.png

Trample/Charge - Passive/Active

The Tyrannosaurus half of Wurmcrusher's fused spirit is so powerful that it can walk through enemies, dealing trample damage to them as it goes. At the same time, Charge can be activated to do a charging attack. During this charge attack, Wurmcrusher runs through enemies to a targeted point and deals bonus charging damage. In addition, Charge drags the first unit in Wurmcrusher's path to the target location as Wurmcrusher charges. If the unit dragged is pushed into a Glacier Spike, it will be stunned for 1 second.

Units stuck by Charge while channeling an ability have their ability disrupted.

Level 1: 15 damage per second to all nearby units under foot, 50 charge damage.
Level 2: 20 damage per second to all nearby units under foot, 75 charge damage.
Level 3: 25 damage per second to all nearby units under foot, 100 charge damage.
Level 4: 30 damage per second to all nearby units under foot, 125 charge damage.

Manacost: 100 Cooldown: 15
BTNNecromanticBlast.png

Mana Tap - Activated

Click to see picture

The powerful energy of Wurmcrusher's Undead spirit is used to blast a target area, mana-burning affected enemy units in the area. For every two points of mana that is ignited, the affected unit takes one point of damage. In addition, one quarter of all the mana drained is restored to Wurmcrusher.

Enemy units with no mana are dealt half of the mana-burn value in damage.

Level 1: 75 mana burned.
Level 2: 150 mana burned.
Level 3: 225 mana burned.
Level 4: 300 mana burned.

Manacost: 110 Cooldown: 9
BTNFrigidPinnacle.png

Glacial Spike - Active

Causes a large spiked glacier to burst from the ground in a targeted area, knocking enemy units into the air for 1 second and then slowing them. In addition, the Glacial Spike remains above the surface for a short duration, dealing damage to and slowing enemy units around it. The slow reduces attack and movement speed by 15%.

The spike lasts for 5 seconds, and serves as impassible terrain.

Level 1: 150 initial damage, 30 damage per second around the pillar.
Level 2: 175 initial damage, 35 damage per second around the pillar.
Level 3: 200 initial damage, 40 damage per second around the pillar.

Manacost: 150 Cooldown: 80/70/60

I'm still not sure what to make of all the options like "Damage Base"... by my understanding, if you give a hero special "Damage Base" or "Defense Base," you're just making them OP because original wc3 had 0's in both fields for almost all heroes (sometimes 1 "Defense Base", but otherwise always 0 of both).

Attachments

• WurmcrusherPackage.zip
    189.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 8
My 2nd Item Set!
Cloak of Invisibility
Interface Icon :
Item Classification : Artifact
Acquirable Through : Shops
Item Gold Cost : If whats necessary to be balanced
Item Lore : Cloak of Invisibility was used by Harry Potter.
According to legend,
whoever united the Cloak with the Resurrection Stone and
the Elder Wand would become the Master of Death.
Item Ability Type : Active
Item Ability Description : The Cloak of Invisibility is a magical artifact used to render the wearer invisible. Duration : 15 sec Cooldown : 25 Manacost : 75
Item Rarity : Rare
Item Range Requirement : Both

Resurrection Stone
Interface Icon :
Acquirable Through : Prize
Item Gold Cost : N/A
Item Lore : The Resurrection Stone is an Epic item. When the posseser died it automatically use upon the corpse of the user. Cooldown: 4 minutes
According to legend,
Item Ability Type : Passive
Item Ability Description(s) : Ressurects the wielder when the user dies.
Item Rarity : Legendary

Elder Wand
Interface Icon :
Acquirable Through : Prize
Item Gold Cost : N/A
Item Lore :
The Elder Wand, variously known as the Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny, the Eldruhn Wand,
and the Ellhorn Wand, is one of the fabled Deathly Hallows.
It is said to be the most powerful wand that has ever existed, able to perform feats
of magic that would normally be considered impossible.
Item Ability Description(s) : Any foes thats in 600 range of the wielder will be hexed for 5 seconds. (Instant Spell) Manacost: 100 Cooldown: 40

Master of Death
Interface Icon :
Item Classification : Recipe
Acquirable Through : Instant (Recipe. Items are Cloak of Invisibility, Ressurection Stone, Elder Wand)
Item Gold Cost : Instant
Item Lore :
According to legend,
Item Ability Description(s) : Metamorphs the User Into a Powerful Demon. Demon Model
+25 to all stats
+500 hitpoints and mana
+20% attack speed and movement speed

Cooldown: 2 minutes
Manacost: 50

Last edited:
Level 23
Yeah, really sorry for the lack of real updates guys, I've been really busy lately and can only touch the WE for a few minutes or so and I'm usually only online in my phone. JTD was supposed to update you with the progress on the bosses but seems like he has been offline for quite a while again.

We are working on the project, but with my tight sched and with the slacking Jake, the progress is pretty slow. Well, we have done a couple of the bosses namely the Ancient Hydra and the Forgotten one. We'll try to do more this weekend just before school starts. :)

Level 4
Frozen Heart
Interface Icon :
icons_15637_btn.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnfrostmagic-221824/?prev=search%3DFreeze%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Acquirable Through : Boss Drop
Item Gold Cost : None
Item Lore : It is unknown why if this is item is just fake or was cloned from Nova.
Item Ability Type : Both
Item Ability Description(s) : Gives a 25+ to all stats, +10 Armor and grants an AS/MS slow aura (30%) near the wielder. Can use this item to cast Frost Nova on an enemy.
Item Rarity : Epic

Ice Whisper
Interface Icon :
icons_10486_btn.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnicyamuletcopy-156607/?prev=search%3DIce%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3
Acquirable Through : Shops
Item Gold Cost : Depends*
Item Lore : An Ice rune of the Winter, rumors it whispers through the wearers mind,as if it was telling them to do something Cold.
Item Ability Description(s) : Increases Int by 12, adds Slow effect on all skills and attacks (10%).
Item Rarity : Uncommon

Crystaline Fira
Interface Icon :
icons_15449_btn.jpg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnladyapherablades-218771/?prev=search%3DIce%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3
Item Gold Cost : Depends*
Item Lore : Ancient Swords of the legends. They say it might look the same but it is entirely different when you wield them.
Item Ability Description(s) : Boosts All stats by 30+. Adds Icy Fire Effect (Slow Effect [20%] 12 DoT for 3 seconds). Increases MS by 10%. Increases AS by 30%.

Will add more item ideas soon.

Last edited:
Level 4
^

Here is the list of order from weakest to strongest items.

Common - Uncommon - Rare - Epic - Legendary.

Crystalline Fira counts as a Legendary Boss Drop, if it need more balance, I'll nerf its stats or remove the increase AS/MS.

Level 12
^

Here is the list of order from weakest to strongest items.

Common - Uncommon - Rare - Epic - Legendary.

Crystalline Fira counts as a Legendary Boss Drop, if it need more balance, I'll nerf its stats or remove the increase AS/MS.

Idc that much about balancing. I just wanted to know if Legendary > Epic. So I've got no problems with your items regarding their stats, but I'm not saying they're balanced, it's still up to you, them or Hera to balance it.

Level 6
I have a new item ready:

Pet Rock
Interface Icon : Throw Boulder skill (rock golem)
Item Classification : Charged
Acquirable Through : Shops/Minigames
Item Gold Cost : Cheap
Item Lore : Your very own Pet Rock! Take good care of it. It does not need to eat, but don't forget to clean up after it.
Item Ability Description(s) : Throws the Pet Rock at an enemy Hero. The target takes damage and gets stunned for about 1 second. Passively gives the Hero +3 damage.
Item Rarity : Common

Item Submission

Well, I don't have time to submit the map with for fun hero and the old item, but I have a new item in my mind but I don't have time to make it yet.

Sword of the White Emperor
Interface Icon : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rch=White%20Sword&r=20&d=list&status=a&page=2
Acquirable Through : Shop
Item Gold Cost : Very Expensive
Item Lore : Sword used by the White Emperor, this sword is the true form of Pink Justice Sword, this sword capable of killing even the greatest warrior in one slash, this sword is very powerful that White Emperor manage to kill Dark Lord in their clash at the final attack
Item Ability Description(s) : Item owned by the White Emperor, the owner will gain 100 damage, 100 Extra MS and Ability to create a white aura that will grant the Hero 1000 HP and rendering nearby enemies take 10 damage/second for 30 seconds with 120 seconds Cooldown
Item Range Requirement : Melee Only [additional : Requires Level 6 & Hero may not have Pink Justice Sword - If Unbalance, make it drop upon death]

Last edited:
Level 5
Well, I don't have time to submit the map with for fun hero and the old item, but I have a new item in my mind but I don't have time to make it yet.

Sword of the White Emperor
Interface Icon : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rch=White%20Sword&r=20&d=list&status=a&page=2
Acquirable Through : Shop
Item Gold Cost : Very Expensive
Item Lore : Sword used by the White Emperor, this sword is the true form of Pink Justice Sword, this sword capable of killing even the greatest warrior in one slash, this sword is very powerful that White Emperor manage to kill Dark Lord in their clash at the final attack
Item Ability Description(s) : Item owned by the White Emperor, the owner wil gain 225 damage, 100 Extra MS and Ability to create a white aura that will grant the Hero 1000 HP and rendering nearby enemies take 10 damage/second for 30 seconds
Item Range Requirement : Melee Only - Requires Level 6 [If possible]

:fp:Drops on Death

Level 4
^

I'm pretty much sure it means when you die, you drop the item.

Kinda like the Divine Rapier in DotA, so it can be balanced or something.

Either way, at least nerf it a little bit.

It's kinda OP to have someone running like a ninja, yet as tough as a juggernaut and hits like a Train.

@Hera Fixed ;)

Level 9
This is my other hero idea!:
Buzzguy80 : Doombee
Hero Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/androidhoneycomb_byepsilon-220638/
Hero Icon:I made this in a few minutes. You can use it for the hero icon:
227673-albums6266-picture69728.jpg

Other Models Stuff: Set its flying height to 75, and make Doombee hover
Hero Range: 125 (Melee)
Hero Lore: * (Any number of characters as long as it's not a sentence nor a novel.)
Hero Sound Set: Spider
Damage Base: You decide!
Attack Cooldown: 1.45
Defense Base: 0
Attributes
Strength - 16
Intelligence - 20
Agility - 24 (main)
Movement Speed Base: 295
Spells:

First Skill

Second Skill

Third Skill

Fourth Skill

Doom Sting - Costs 80 Mana, 8 second Cooldown: Buzzguy80 deals 125/220/315 damage to a target unit over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects by 15% for the duration.
Busy as a Bee - Is Passive: Movement Speed is increased by 15/25/35%.
Honeyblast - Costs 50 Mana, 10 second Cooldown:
Passive - Buzzguy80's spellcasts reduce the Cooldown of each other ability by 1 second and give him a Honey charge.
Active - Grants 2 Honey charges deals 100 base damage + 25 per Honey charge the Doombee has.
Buzzkill - Costs 100 Mana, 30 second Cooldown: Instantly deals 750 damage to target unit. Cannot be used on heroes. If this damage kills that unit, this spell refunds 75 mana.

Level 6
Horn Of The Death
Interface Icon : Legion-Doom Horn in Warcraft
Item Classification : Permanent
Item Gold Cost : Above expensive a little
Item Lore : This horn belong to Death, who is the immortal in the world. This horn is very powerful but harmful if you not a immortal or you can reincarnation
Item Ability Description(s) : When you active it, this horn will give you 300% damage, 1500 health, 1000 mana, reset all cooldown, increase stat by 30 but you will die in 20 seconds. Cooldown 120 seconds (^^)

need for comment ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.