• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AoS] Storm over Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
180725-albums3240-picture36393.png

Storm over Azeroth will be an Aeon of Strife type map. But it will have many features never seen before to give it an unique gameplay. Instead of simple towers there will be a fortress instead, and each side has a chieftain. There will also be a bigger amount of units per wave, all with different abilities.

Story
-needs to be written-

Features
  • Spells & Heroes
    • Instead of gaining new spell levels when leveling up you can spent your skill points into your attributes. Spells gain levels when you use them instead
    • You gain more Exp for a spell if it kills a unit or even a hero.
    • Every hero has some sort of special item, which improves his spells.
  • Items
    • Basic items are bought in base.
    • Kill creep camps to gain special items.
    • Buy recipes at secret shops.
    • Traveling merchants allowing you to acquire potions on the battlefield.
  • Gameplay
    • As in nearly every AoS map you have to destroy your enemys base.
    • Random events, which modify the lanes, spawn hostile creatures and so on.

Recruitment
  • I am not very skilled in terraining so I could probably need a skilled terrainer.
  • It would be really nice if a skilled sfx maker could help creating cool special effects

Last edited:
Look cool but why AOS?
There is 2 many maps like this one, also 99.9% of community will compare this map with Dota :sad:

This systems will look awesome for any survival/defense maps!

Create some crazy arena mixed with survival/defense map type ^^

Oh about terrain, I can give suggestion if you want, but nothing big really, 2 many projects and shit already :sad:

Level 8
How about an AoS where one team has to protect a castle in the middle, and the other team has to destroy it? Obviously, the defender team would need a new victory condition, but it's something I think could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.