• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help: Can not open map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I've terrained a gothic themed Vampire map for my friend, but he can't open it in either WE or WC3. Theres no triggers or object data but as you can see from the screenshots it uses A LOT of custom imports as we wanted the highest quality terrain we could make.

The map can't be corrupted because I can open it in both WE and WC3 and it works fine, but my friend who I made this for, can't open it.

We were hoping somewhere here might be able to point us in the right direction or give advice on how to solve this please?

Map is attached below:

Vamp1.jpg
Vamp2.jpg

Vamp3.jpg

Vamp4.jpg

Level 6
I am using windows7. Perhaps I might be missing something in the system? There is no error message, World Editor just closes and as for WC3, it just closes as well, no error message whatsoever.

Level 6
Map opened in Wc3 after setting texture quality to high. Any idea what's going on with World Editor? Tried both Wc3 editor and NewGen.

@DracoL1ch ,

It worked fine for author and also loaded fine for me, so I have assumed it might be a client and not a map problem.
I remembered some users had similar problems with being unable to load certain maps, see here Coconut Party v2.5.
Or Gais has also a note in the map description to ensure quality is set to high, being able to load: Gaias Retaliation ORPG v1.2C(10)

It's probably some HD models or so which require quality set to "high", I'm not sure.

Level 14
could open it as well but there is a lot of models that cannot be loaded. If it is not the graphical settings, maybe one of them crashes the we/wc3 of some users. We probably all have specific wc3,we,os compositions

edit: for example with coconut party, it was me back then being unable to load the map when settings were not high.

Level 7
Don't worry about the grene boxes, I took some of the tree models out because I thought maybe they were causing an issue but obviously its not them...

The guy I did this for is @Fanny.Shaver , he can now open it in game but still can't open it in WE :(

Hes using windows 7, and still wont work even when he opens WE as administrator. And like he says there is no error message, the WE just closes on him.

Thanks for the help and feedback so far but it would be really great if anyone has any ideas why its not working on his WE. Its frustrating because I spent all this time on it and he cant open it.

Im using windows 8.1, do you think if he upgraded to 8.1 it would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.