• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] WE can't open .tft maps Directly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
For some strange reason WE can't open .tft maps directly but it can open .roc maps just fine, here i have 1 roc and 1 tft map:
WE1.png
when i double click the ROC map it opens the map fine as shown below:
WE2.png
when i double click on the TFT map it just starts WE and leaves it empty:
WE3.png
Not sure what the problem is, WE trolling maybe?
I can only open TFT maps if i go to File->Open and find the map i want to open. any ideas on how to fix this?

Level 28
Right click -> open with -> always open with
The icon in the screenshots tell me that the already did that. Otherwise it wouldn't look like a WE-icon, nor would it open the WE (which it does).

I have the same problem, don't really know how to fix it myself.This happened when I installed Warcraft on a different hard drive (not my C drive).
Doesn't work for RoC-maps either for me though :p

I just open the WE and drag & drop the files. It takes a second longer, but at least that works.
I hope anyone has a working solution for this, would be nice.

Level 20
Right click -> open with -> always open with
already did that.
I have the same problem, don't really know how to fix it myself.This happened when I installed Warcraft on a different hard drive (not my C drive).
Doesn't work for RoC-maps either for me though :p

I just open the WE and drag & drop the files. It takes a second longer, but at least that works.
I hope anyone has a working solution for this, would be nice.
well in my windows XP it could open both map types without any problem, i had this problem on my old laptop too but one day it was magicly fixxed on it's owned and it could open tft maps lol..but then i broke my laptop and on my new one it still doesn't work...is it because of windows 7? on the wc3 cd case it says that it's for windows 98/ME/2000/XP only, i tried setting WE to run as admin and in compatible mode for windows XP Service Pack 2 but it still doesn't work=/

EDIT:
hmm didn't knew you could drag n drop maps into the WE to open them, i always went to File->Open, thnx for that tip it does save some time! +rep

Level 28
well in my windows XP it could open both map types without any problem, i had this problem on my old laptop too but one day it was magicly fixxed on it's owned and it could open tft maps lol..but then i broke my laptop and on my new one it still doesn't work...is it because of windows 7? on the wc3 cd case it says that it's for windows 98/ME/2000/XP only, i tried setting WE to run as admin and in compatible mode for windows XP Service Pack 2 but it still doesn't work=/
No, it should work perfectly fine on Windows 7. It did for me, until I installed a new hard drive.

Maybe re-installing works, but I don't care too much to re-install Warcraft again.

Status
Not open for further replies.