• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] TFT to ROC Conversion Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

I'm currently having issues with converting a map from TFT to RoC.

The map is called Broken Alliances, and after following the directions that were given to me:

shocker said:
converting to roc:
dl Widgetizer, winmpq, 4.9wc3mapoptimizer

part 1 (converts the map)
1. open map with winmpg
2. extract all files to a empty folder
3. open a black roc map with minmpg
4. delete all the files
5. import the folder from step 2

part 2 (slightly protects map, and makes tft stuff work on roc, and makes tft stats = roc stats)
1. run Widgetizer on the roc map, will get the same error message a few times, ignore it.
2. the new map is saved in the output folder

part 3 (makes the map slightly smaller and protects it)
1. run wc3mapoptimizer on the roc widgetized map.

...the converted, playable (sometimes) result is full of bugs. For example, some hero abilities simply disappear after choosing to spend a point in them, certain loot tables get messed up, an item disappears from a shop, and workers become unable to repair buildings. None of these issues are present in the unconverted version of the map.

Any ideas what is causing these issues and how to fix them?

Thanks,

Also, note that the aforementioned abilities work in earlier converted versions, which were not done by me but the person I quoted above. Something about the conversion process has either been forgotten by the person I quoted above or it has somehow been broken... by something.

Level 9
Ahem. It is called expansion to EXPAND. It is natural when converted to ROC it has bugs BECAUSE:

Models, Skills some are exclusive to TFT
Some triggers are missing too.
YOU CANNOT RAISE THE LEVEL CAP IT WILL REMAIN 10.

So why convert?

Level 4
Lol, well, I suppose the main reason for the conversion is because the broken alliances community is too stubborn to move to TFT. There is a decent-sized fanbase on RoC playing BA, with organized tournaments and whatnot. Unfortunately, these people are apparently too entrenched in that environment, and so I have kind of given up trying to persuade them to move to TFT.

I'm not so sure if it's natural for converted maps to have such bugs, seeing as how these bugs don't exist in previous versions. And there are ways to bypass some of RoC's limitations. For example, in the current playable version of the map you can get to level 15.

So if anyone here is familiar with the arcane art of converting TFT maps to RoC, I'd appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.