• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing a RoC Map in TFT using RoC Stats

Level 16
Is it possible to play a RoC map in TFT using RoC stats?
I heard this was possible by switching something in the Editor, but I can't seem to remember. I do know how to get the editor to become a RoC Editor, but I want the map itself to use all the old RoC stats when I play it in the TFT.

an example is I'm showing my son some ideas I have when updating the good old campaigns in war3. Some ideas require TFT to play. but I am hopping to use the RoC stats when we play the map.
DO I have to manually find all the RoC stats and edit them one by one or can I click something in the gameplay constants to convert the map itself to RoC Stats?

Level 16
Is it possible to play a RoC map in TFT using RoC stats?
I heard this was possible by switching something in the Editor, but I can't seem to remember. I do know how to get the editor to become a RoC Editor, but I want the map itself to use all the old RoC stats when I play it in the TFT.

an example is I'm showing my son some ideas I have when updating the good old campaigns in war3. Some ideas require TFT to play. but I am hopping to use the RoC stats when we play the map.
DO I have to manually find all the RoC stats and edit them one by one or can I click something in the gameplay constants to convert the map itself to RoC Stats?
I re-opened this thread. I cant seem to figure out how to play an ROC map while runing TFT, while it uses the old ROC stats.

I don't mind adding them to the map if I have too, but I'm not sure what stats are different between ROC/TFT

Level 28
I re-opened this thread. I cant seem to figure out how to play an ROC map while runing TFT, while it uses the old ROC stats.

I don't mind adding them to the map if I have too, but I'm not sure what stats are different between ROC/TFT
You can't, unless you don't have an expansion of the game itself. Which means, you only install ROC and patch it to the latest version. Unfortunately, this method was no longer work when Blizzard released an update where both ROC and TFT were merged into one client. In other words, the latest version where you can install either ROC or ROC+TFT was 1.27.

The Editor itself will always start TFT if you have the expansion. I think there is an option that allows you to use the ROC version of specific units, such as having Demolishers become Catapults, Flying Machines become Gyrocopters, and both Priests and Sorceresses use non-Blood Elves model (white), which is done through Editor, but I don't know about this, since I don't watch any videos related to Warcraft III for a long time (most notably, Abelhawk's one, who explained about the Easter Eggs for Warcraft III). Also, all of the custom campaigns and maps don't use the 1.01 stats, but the stats from 1.07 (given that they are only work on TFT).

By now, the only solution is by relying on the Game Data Set thing. Melee is only intended if you want to edit the Melee map, as it uses the stats from the current patches.

Level 16
You can't, unless you don't have an expansion of the game itself. Which means, you only install ROC and patch it to the latest version. Unfortunately, this method was no longer work when Blizzard released an update where both ROC and TFT were merged into one client. In other words, the latest version where you can install either ROC or ROC+TFT was 1.27.

The Editor itself will always start TFT if you have the expansion. I think there is an option that allows you to use the ROC version of specific units, such as having Demolishers become Catapults, Flying Machines become Gyrocopters, and both Priests and Sorceresses use non-Blood Elves model (white), which is done through Editor, but I don't know about this, since I don't watch any videos related to Warcraft III for a long time (most notably, Abelhawk's one, who explained about the Easter Eggs for Warcraft III). Also, all of the custom campaigns and maps don't use the 1.01 stats, but the stats from 1.07 (given that they are only work on TFT).

By now, the only solution is by relying on the Game Data Set thing. Melee is only intended if you want to edit the Melee map, as it uses the stats from the current patches.
this is understandable, but if anyone knows the stat differences in ROC from TFT, I would love to read it so I can adjust the maps accordingly

Level 21
So, there will be multiple things you have to do manually in order to make a .w3x (ftf) map to look like it's .w3n (roc).
  • Change the gameplay constants of the attack and armor. In this link you will find what you need.
  • Change the attack and armor types of the majority of units in the object editor; it sounds bad but it's not. Just change the ones you actually use in your map.
  • Change the Game Interface texts about the attack and armor types. eg: Changing Normal attack type from "Normal attacks deal extra damage against Medium Armor" to "Normal attacks deal extra damage against Light Armor".
There are multiple fields of the same attack/armor type so just find the RoC ones and paste them on the TFT ones.
- Don't forget to change food maximum to 90 and upkeep to 40 and 70 (from 50 and 80).

This is basically it. The rest is basically making the orcish Demolisher use its Catapult model and catapult attack projectile (the draenei demolisher uses the catapult projectile, so search for it) and all other units you need.
Then you have to change the attack damage and hit points of all spellcasters; in RoC they have more attack damage and less hit points (especially without upgrades).
Then again change the units' gold and lumber costs and upgrades' gold and lumber cost (in RoC they cost more gold, in TFT they generally cost a lot of lumber).
Then also change the upgrades for the spellcaster, put "1" and "1" in the attack fields of the upgrades and change the hit points the upgrade gives from 40 to 75.
Also give siege units 1000 attack range, not 1150 like TFT does.

There might be some other miniscule changes but this is basically it.
You could also give siege units more HP like in earlier RoC patches. For example, the Mortar Team used to have 380 hp instead of 360.
The ballista had 450 instead of the 300 it now has (I think). Orcish catapult had 500 hp, meat wagon 450 hp etc...

PS: note that I'm talking about the hp of siege units on patch 1.29.2 not 1.36 or whatever

Hope this helped!

Some other useful links:
Armor and Attack types (similar to 1st link)

Level 16
So, there will be multiple things you have to do manually in order to make a .w3x (ftf) map to look like it's .w3n (roc).
  • Change the gameplay constants of the attack and armor. In this link you will find what you need.
  • Change the attack and armor types of the majority of units in the object editor; it sounds bad but it's not. Just change the ones you actually use in your map.
  • Change the Game Interface texts about the attack and armor types. eg: Changing Normal attack type from "Normal attacks deal extra damage against Medium Armor" to "Normal attacks deal extra damage against Light Armor".
There are multiple fields of the same attack/armor type so just find the RoC ones and paste them on the TFT ones.
- Don't forget to change food maximum to 90 and upkeep to 40 and 70 (from 50 and 80).

This is basically it. The rest is basically making the orcish Demolisher use its Catapult model and catapult attack projectile (the draenei demolisher uses the catapult projectile, so search for it) and all other units you need.
Then you have to change the attack damage and hit points of all spellcasters; in RoC they have more attack damage and less hit points (especially without upgrades).
Then again change the units' gold and lumber costs and upgrades' gold and lumber cost (in RoC they cost more gold, in TFT they generally cost a lot of lumber).
Then also change the upgrades for the spellcaster, put "1" and "1" in the attack fields of the upgrades and change the hit points the upgrade gives from 40 to 75.
Also give siege units 1000 attack range, not 1150 like TFT does.

There might be some other miniscule changes but this is basically it.
You could also give siege units more HP like in earlier RoC patches. For example, the Mortar Team used to have 380 hp instead of 360.
The ballista had 450 instead of the 300 it now has (I think). Orcish catapult had 500 hp, meat wagon 450 hp etc...

PS: note that I'm talking about the hp of siege units on patch 1.29.2 not 1.36 or whatever

Hope this helped!

Some other useful links:
Armor and Attack types (similar to 1st link)
Thank you so much!
This is what I wanted/needed to know.
I’m basing it off map editing for 1.27 world editor.

Level 21
Thank you so much!
This is what I wanted/needed to know.
I’m basing it off map editing for 1.27 world editor.
Glad I provided you the information you needed!
I know so much about this because I wanted to do my map pack of Blackrock & Roll, Too with RoC balance :xxd:.
And also because now I am doing The Scourge of Lordaeron campaign edit. Plus I love RoC balance because spellcasters take reduced damage from towers and other ranged units, instead of increased damage (there are some other reasons but these are the main ones).
The only thing I perhaps dislike about it is that for example you can just annihilate a unit such as the abomination with some towers cause they take so much more damage from piercing.
That's why I just increase the number of let's say abominations that X player (AI) sends in their attack waves :mwahaha:

Level 21
Sorry for the late reply... I actually saw your message on my gmail but forgot to answer lol...

Baically magic damage did not exist up to a certain point in RoC (I think it came to existence with TFT).
There's a certain patch which says that spellcasters use magic damage (in RoC).
But originally magic attack type did not exist at all. Spellcasters used Piercing damage. You can see this by playing the RoC campaign in a pre Reforged patch since the campaign missions use the balance of patch 1.01 if I recall correctly.

I liked it because in the final orc and night elven missions, your spellcasters can attack the infernals lol.