• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't Open My Own Map!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I can't open one of my own maps in the WE! The other maps work fine, but suddenly i couldn't open one of them! I didn't do something unusual with it, only downloaded some models. And when I open it pops up a message that says " worldeditor needs to shutdown" or something like that. Is there any way at all to fix this???

Level 13
Well you see I don't get the message in english but I'll try to translate it for you;
"worldedit.exe have faced a problem and must shutdown. If you worked with anything the information you worked with could have been lost. Describe the problem for Microsoft...blablabla"
And I'm using normal WE.

Level 13
Believe it or not, the problem is about one of Sunchips models; The Ravager. I tested it on another map and when i opened it to view in Object Editor WE suddenly shut down! And I had no problems with the other things that also were at my bugged map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Eithor the map failed to save properly resulting in the files not being fully generated (in which case resort to a back up and delte that version) or one of the models is curropt and breaks the graphic part of WE.

If the second case is true, then deleting the model via an .mpq editor (a good one) will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.