• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map file can't be opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't open my map file. I didn't save any earlier versions that were too recent(I have some but I did a lot of work and I'd hate to redo it). The game created a temp folder and I'm not sure what that means but the map may have a bad file. Is there any way to open a map that can't be opened and remove a bad file or something? The message I get when trying to open it is simple that the map can't be opened. No details or anything. HELP!!

I probably should mention that the map works fine when played in the game.

I've recently learned that the map file is corrupt and I have no idea why. I can't load it into WE unlimited and I'm not sure if I can load into model editor. I don't know why it is corrupted. Possibly the sound file I added. I may be able to take the file out with an mpq editor although I'm not sure how. If anyone has any information please tell me.

Level 31
I've recently learned that the map file is corrupt and I have no idea why. I can't load it into WE unlimited and I'm not sure if I can load into model editor. I don't know why it is corrupted. Possibly the sound file I added. I may be able to take the file out with an mpq editor although I'm not sure how. If anyone has any information please tell me.

oh well now things make tons more sense.

WEU -corrupts- your map, its not your map, it's WEU. thats why you should use JNGP

Status
Not open for further replies.