• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Map Could not be Opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try what Xonok said. If that doesn't work, check your Warcraft III/Maps/Test/ folder and try opening that file.

Otherwise, there isn't anything you can do. That particular error usually deals with MPQ corruption. It can happen if you close the editor/PC crashes while saving your map, or if you do some funky stuff with an MPQ editor.

Find the most recent back-up of that file, and work off that. :(

Try what Xonok said. If that doesn't work, check your Warcraft III/Maps/Test/ folder and try opening that file.

Otherwise, there isn't anything you can do. That particular error usually deals with MPQ corruption. It can happen if you close the editor/PC crashes while saving your map, or if you do some funky stuff with an MPQ editor.

Find the most recent back-up of that file, and work off that. :(

I can't do anything. I just lose it.
Sometimes it happens when i stole some model.
....... :((

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My Map has a File size of 4000+
MPQ only supports map archives up to 2,048 MiB I think. Anything above will corrupt. This is why you should never make 4 GiB maps.

If you turned on shadow copies in your OS you might be able to roll the map back to a "previous version". Do note this feature is not usually enabled by default and usually has course time granularity based on when snapshots are taken.

MPQ only supports map archives up to 2,048 MiB I think. Anything above will corrupt. This is why you should never make 4 GiB maps.

If you turned on shadow copies in your OS you might be able to roll the map back to a "previous version". Do note this feature is not usually enabled by default and usually has course time granularity based on when snapshots are taken.

I Mean its 4000 Kilobytes. Not MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.