• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Main file could not be opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hmm dunno what's wrong or what made the problem, but I was working on a map for 2 days already and there was some problem with my Windows, it crashed and restarted my PC. And when I tried to open my map in World Editor so I can keep working on it, a warning message followed:

Unable to load file 'D:\Games\Warcraft III\Maps\LOTR Mapi prikazna\Hobbiton - Part 1.w3x'

- MAIN MAP FILE COULD NOT BE OPENED

Does anyone know what is this???

Level 17
It asked you? I don't think its ever asked me b4 it always just opens up. Mayhaps the file got corrupted somehow because WE isn't recognizing it. Did you have any backups, or did you ever Test the map with test map button because when you do that I believe it says a copy of your map somewhere. But that only works for the last map you tested i think.

Level 17
Hmm dunno what's wrong or what made the problem, but I was working on a map for 2 days already and there was some problem with my Windows, it crashed and restarted my PC. And when I tried to open my map in World Editor so I can keep working on it, a warning message followed:

Unable to load file 'D:\Games\Warcraft III\Maps\LOTR Mapi prikazna\Hobbiton - Part 1.w3x'

- MAIN MAP FILE COULD NOT BE OPENED

Does anyone know what is this???

Your computer crashed while Editor was open, this results in a corruption!
Try opening other maps, if they are open able your map is just corrupted.
Once corrupted there is no going back so use a backup (if you didn't made one you have to start from scratch).

Can't open any map? Reinstall wc3 and try again.
This is about all you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.