1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hawaii Guy.blp

Submitted by cash42
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a skin of a Hawaiian made from a zombie skin. I liked the idea of it and did it :D
The definition of the hands is a little bad no matter what i do. I tryed to make him smileing but for good or bad, Zombies nor Zombie surfers cant smile.I think the skin is usefull in some Loap maps or maby in an RPG or a vilage defance as a local man. Alana means rock in hawaiian.
Please comment and rate good :p Credit me if you use it (if posible)

Keywords:
Hawaii, cash42, zombie, shirt, palm, leaf, skirt, blond, playboy.
Contents

Alana the Gumpy Hawaiian (Texture)

Reviews
12:28, 19th Mar 2010 THE_END: Cool idea, but this is very bright, as in there are no shadows really on this skin. And a Hawaiian guy? He wouldn't be so pale. More improvements please. April 5: no improvement, rejected
  1. Tamerleine

Tamerleine

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    face needs more shading

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well.. too bad that the skin will eventually be rejected..

3. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm definitely agreeing with this. If you check out my zombie skin you can see just how horrible the face wrap is, I had to make my mummy's bandages lightning bolts to make it wrap correctly.

That aside, this skin is lacking in several departments. The shading is very weak and needs a lot more attention, the detail work could have more detail, and the model's wrap needs to be taken into account much more. For instance, the knee caps don't wrap onto the skin were they should, and the hands could look much better as well. The eyes seem rather undetailed, especially the boarder of the eye, there should be at least a hint of the eye socket, as is it looks more like paint on plastic. The iris needs to be a lot bigger as well, right now it takes up as much space as the pupil should. Usually the iris's diameter is bigger than the whites of the eye (at least in most expressions). I'd really recommend getting a reference image for this guy's face to work off of, the face is what most people will see (the units portrait will take up more room than the entire model in the default game view). The eyebrows, nose, and chin hair could use more work as well.

4. cash42

cash42

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Will work on that :)

5. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    surfer = stoner
    stoner = zombie

so it works out lol 4/5 could use some more detail though.

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now there's a guy who looks like he knows how to party! :p

7. Lokeen

Lokeen

Resources:
    Resources:
    We need to give him a straw hat attachment and some vodka and put him in a heinekn commericial :D

8. Biggrouse

Biggrouse

Resources:
    Resources:
    it looks rather strange because it's based on zombie, but okay..