• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hallucinatory Skills and Paraphernalia Fantasia Extravaganza (lol?) Part 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Oftentimes, am I beset by delusions of grandiose, and visited by episodes of RPG avant-garde connoisseurship fantasies. Hear me and bear with me as I decided to unleash a part of the hell in my mind!

(I know I need professional help.)

I don’t appreciate counterproductive criticism and flaming so if this is irrelevant to you, please… stay out of it.

If you have corrections (I’m not trying too hard to be historically or mythologically correct but anyway) or productive suggestions please by all means, speak your mind!!

I only read the first and the then-last page 7 of the other suggestions in the thread by you, Zwieb, as it too much interfered with my own ideas and I earnest find thing like that TL;DR. But I noticed you take the factor of single player compatibility also into account. I didn’t. So… sorry, I guess. I’m far too busy admiring beauty of “every single thing matters” and “teamwork effort” themes, as they are the two things that resonated with me in Gaia’s, ultimately attracting me in. Tbh, I think solo player is only an obscure option, since none of the bosses can be handled solo, in their relevant levels.
Several energy drinks and well over 40 hours went into the making of this post and the one that is coming soon (Part 2/2) altogether. Please read with ease of mind and make sure to, please, ENJOY!

Just saying. I can’t seem to hold back. You will need an open mind, a reason (so as not to lose patience halfway) and a good imagination to go through this. I thought these up with endgame and even the “rebirth” thing in mind, aiming for a more engaging, badass, and ultimate style of play through. I’m well awar some are just OP as they are. I’ll trust you will get the “idea” or gist of things, and not mind the numbers too much.

This post in its entirety was conceived from an immersion point of view. Immersion sits like a boss up there, always on the top shelf of my priorities. Some call it realism. Some call it roleplaying. Some just have a vague idea that they want something more engaging and fun out of their game experience. It’s all the same concept we are after. Something that is immersive, cannot possibly be bad, or carelessly made so it’s always the best. And Gaia’s is, to all our appreciations, made with meticulously care . That’s saying something.

Now the balancing, is up to you and all developers; I’m obviously the worst person for that and trying to do it would only end up with pretentious-sounding results (I’m just too lazy).All numbers, malus-bonus factors, conditions and details are 101% free to be changed.

Needless to mention, but I tried hard to remain, “lore-friendly” and “in accordance with” what Gaia’s has at the moment. Rather than impractically adding new things that just pile up and require sacrificing current spells’ slots, I aimed at emboldening the ones we have; at practical and deep teamplay values; and thoughtful, engaging and active indivgameplay and a certain and fearless complexity that is felt to be needed by many of us now. I wouldn’t have it any other ways. Hope every one of you expect the same from future of Gaia’s.
I hope to spark new ideas and possibilities, that will further add enjoyable background to Gaia’s, and bring unique touch to each character; or all aside, at the very least to help provide a sort of reference or glossary for nomenclature (I mean mostly part 2/2 here).

I understand some of ‘em, if not most or all, can sound too fancy or big to design or (I hope not) too flashy. Maybe some items sound too attached to certain realities, like religions. Some are in need of refining to even begin fitting into the game.
But, even if a tiny bit of detail in just one out of all of 'em, or just the concept of something strikes a new idea somewhere in your (Zwieb) or someone's mind, and help develop our game, it'll be fully gratifying to me.

[Last Day Edit: I added some moderate content as well, to items especially (the ones sounding less awesomez), and spells too (the few ones with less description and context).

I actually started this some time ago; about a month or a tad over. It demanded a certain amount of concentration to work out the way I want, but at the same time IRL, I'm on the verge of moving. As of posting this I have 1 hour exactly to the moving truck’s arrival. Been living on the go somehow. Part 2/2 (items) will have to wait till laterz.
My little sister is caught up in a serious family feud (our old timers are bigoted extremists that stand out even in a society of nothing but bigoted extremists) over the very same reasons I'm moving. And only I can give her any real help.
Also got a cousin has lived with us for years who just had to go driving without a seat belt and be hit by a stupid careless kid driver passing the light at a high speed in middle of the night and got himself comatose and suffering S.A.H. for over two weeks. Again I was stuck as the only one around when the police showed up at our door 5 a.m. stating he needed someone with him (others were doing a traditional "outing" related to our new year which I find stupid.) And for quite many days he needed my and his siblings' helps.
Anyway it's been a truly hectic coupla months. Constant financial pressures have been no help either. I've even been almost completely inactive in our group in this period. With everything popping up to stop me, it felt humorously to myself like going through Labours of Heracles just trying to perform a simple move-out.
Now you can imagine the mood and the amount of concentration I'm left with in the late evening when I sit at my PC wanting and trying to think about Mythology and such, coming up with contents on this sort. In any event, sorry it's coming out this late after you started taking suggestions; and for any shortcomings.

ojm780.jpg

[Close it. Couldn't you say it's a troll? har har.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> DRUID <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>
D - 1:
Bind Nereid

Alt names:
Conjure Naiad

Consolidates naturally resident water from a great area in her surroundings with the spirit of the ocean, binding a Nereid; the doing of which is conducive towards disproportionate balance in natural conditions around her. The spirit is inherently short-lived and dangerous to control, yet beneficial.

At summon, Nereid covers allies in the area, within dense fortifications of watery cages imbued with her mana.

Reduces allies':
>> Attack speed by 20% (cramped movements)
>> Poison Resistance by 20% (permeating pores)
>> Lightning Resistance by 20% (soak/inundate)
>> And on top of that has a slight chance to hurt an ally slightly (e.g. 25 Water damage every 10 seconds) due to suffocation or over-density (chance can be dependent on druid's mastery over the spirit's control, which can be formulated by int/mana/wisdom in respective importance/relevance).

Improves allies':
>> Movement speed (less relative weight in water, and less friction) by 40%
>> Fire Resistance by 40% (elemental archenemy)
>> Shadow Resistance (a sacred element) by 40%
>> Water Resistance (obvious) by 40%
>> And Armor rating by 10% (denseness and size of the cage relative to ally’s own tolerance and body size, hence the percentage).

Water cages last as long as the spirit herself, 60 seconds. Nereid can call stormy clouds, create water-based illusions and mirages, have offensive spells based on vapor or water itself, as her other powers. Water can be viewed as the only thing capable of filling mana reserves too with its dominant nature in human body. Perhaps "Recovery" can be turned into one of Nereid's abilities/auras.

Summoning Nereid with this desscription, is evidently very situational. Needed only in situations when her bonus boons outweigh the malus effects by far and are a must-have (like at a badass Shadow boss, which I've predicted to be coming soon several times). So I suggest either Nereid or Efreet would be summon-able. This also can help fit it into talents perhaps.

I somehow remember to have heard somewhere faint hints towards water's darkness-resistant characteristics in some folklore or mythology, but anyway. Water being the element of cleanliness, and essence of purity, and the opposing element against shadow and darkness, is completely understandable with or without a myth; just in contrast to how it conducts light and is the element of life.

D - 2:
Vivifying Taproots

Alt names:
Remedial Taproots, Arms of Nature, Earth's Cradle, Natural Exoneration (less likely!), Gaia's Pardon (less likely!! or maybe not?)

Holding the favor of mother nature herself, druid is gifted with the command of earth itself, available to none other. She calls upon earth's powers of growth and creation. Encircles friendly target in danger with nature's rigid embrace of firm taproots growing from ground with fundamental healing properties, and unheard-of alchemical potency.

Target is covered from head to toe, immobilized and unable to cast. Also ignores all other heals (except for pots (disabling pots adds difficulty but read the second use of this skill and judge for yourself) while trapped in the roots. Grants 25% All Resistances, 40% Lightning Resistance, 45 Armor rating and a 1 x Spellpower/sec Health regeneration (applied every 0.3 second) and a (1/30 x Spellpower)/sec Mana regeneration. Lasts 8 seconds.

Breaks by target's own attack from inside only, if attacked twice. If broken by the target in under 3 seconds into the cast, the spell does not enter (or resets its own) cool-down. It still consumes the Mana it costs to cast.
(This is implemented for the following use of this spell. Read ahead.)

When any ally is slain, casting this spell on another ally very close to the gravestone of the fallen ally or herself standing right by it (disadvantageous mid-fight of course), by nature's absolute reign over waters of life and the forces of creation, will transfuse the life essence of the target ally or self into the fallen one to revivify them. Will only work for one gravestone at a time per one targeted ally.

Originally, absorbs 40% of target's Mana and 70% of his/her Health during 10 seconds. 4% Mana and 7% Health absorption per second. (Now here, druid's Haste's role comes in, and it comes in with a bang!) The higher druid's Haste the less seconds this will take, hence reducing by the percentage the amount of loss from the donor ally.

If the donor ally chooses to opt out by attacking twice and breaking the taproots, if it's still under 3 seconds from cast, the skill will reset its CD. (If we could implement a reset "any time" the targeted ally chooses to break out, it would be abuse-prone, even though this spell must have high Mana cost and that itself is a leash. These kinds of refinements are up to you.) If it's past the first 3 seconds, revivification will not proceed successfully and donor will have lost some resources. Emphasizes on a "tell the noobs" gameplay, that's all. Stuff like these are actually needed in Gaia's, cuz it's somewhat too simple atm (I know it's mostly intended).

If the original10 seconds are reduced as far as 'equal to or less than 7 seconds' (at least 30% Haste required, to reduce 3 seconds out of 10) the remaining seconds to the restoration version of this spell's original 8 seconds will kick in again and start regenerating the target for the remaining number of seconds (has to be at least brought down to 7 seconds for there to be a minimum 1 second of activation).

Transfuses 1/4 of the devoured magic force/Mana and 1/2 the devoured life force/Health (A total of 10% of the ally's Mana and 35% of his Health are sent over to the revivified ally with which amounts he is then brought back to life. This is regardless of Haste's reduction of the actual absorbed amount. The rest is lost and spent in the process to heal grave wounds and refill the spirit's lost energies of the dead ally.)

Now with Feline Reflexes, a 1.2a(8) version druid can easily achieve 70% Haste with Heritage of the Nymph bow, Feline Reflexe and 2 or 3 Agility stats. That means only 12% Mana and 21% Health will be devoured from the donor. And there will still be 5 seconds remaining to regenerate.

D - 3:
Holistic Restoration

The druid taps into her natural aptitudes. Just as holism suggests, the druid will, at the cost of greater expenditure of her magical reserves, treat the team as a whole now when casting her healing skills (only her own casts. Herself not included, so Preservation 5/5 still is beneficial).

When turned active, any heal she casts on self or any of the allies, also heals some of the allies nearby in a medium to big area, per chance.

(Don't get confused please, she can cast a healing spell on herself and allies will also get healed, but she can cast same spell on allies and she herself will not get healed through this spell. She will only if she has 5/5 that talent tree. There is no overlapping here.)

Maximum of 4 extra people, minimum of 2. Cannot heal minions, or self, unless targeted.
Amount of heal received if 2 extra allies are being healed: 80% of the original heal per extra ally.
If 3, 60%. If 4, 40%. Upon activation (short cooldown) each healing spell she casts take twice as much Mana, regardless of how many it heals.

And no it's not the druid's loss here, it's pretty well-balanced:
>> 2 extra allies: 3 x 80% = 240% for 200% Mana cost
>> 3 extra allies: 4 x 60% = 240% for 200% Mana cost
>> 4 extra allies: 5 x 40% = 200% for 200% Mana cost.

Win-win for dudu.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> BERSERKER <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>
Z - 1:
Sure Grip

Alt names:
Solid Embrace, Assertive Swoops, Power Gash, Hefty Thrusts

Next 6 successful attacks will have full Armor penetration against any target they land on and have splash damage increased to 100%. With each of the 6 following successful blows, comes a 15% chance to gouge a deep, lasting trench in target's defenses, increasing target's any incoming Physical damage by 20% for 7 seconds. Stackable effect.

If second trench/gash happens within the 7 seconds the first trench is still active, it will increase it to 40% and reset the timer to 7 again.
(Or 20% x 20% if that sounds too OP despite the low chance, low number of attacks and low time governing it. Or just a constant 5% to 10% increase each time it stacks. It's really not OP to me in the first place.)

While under this effect, Lightning Blade lasts 1.5 seconds more, thanks to the sheer grip power the berserker can muster after fighting with heavy and ruthless two-handed weapons continuously.

Z - 2:
Battle Supremacy

A passive; as a total upgrade and overhaul of Parry, which is now original to Berserker's personally grown style of skirmish control, via a myriad of fighting experiences:

>> When Berserker loses 25% or more of his Health, and is wearing a Legendary weapon, grants (Health loss % x 3/5) to negate and absorb the next Elemental damage with his weapon, and his next successful attack will 100% procc in that Element equal to his Attack power. (Suggested animation of holding the weapon high for 0.5 a second and a visual effect happening to him at that time, similar to a warcraft shaman's lightning shield or something like that.)
>> 18% (or dynamic value based on Agility and Strength) chance to parry any Physical attack
>> 12% chance to foresee and sense an incoming blow purely on honed instincts and find the time to prepare a counter while partially guarding himself: Counters a melee (only) Physical blow, reducing it to 40%, & imposing 125% of the original damage meant by enemy back to it.
>> 8% chance to trigger a rampageous outburst of rage, performing a "mini heavens edge" with next attack non-voluntarily, with much faster animation and less jump (so as Not to perchance intercept a fatal damage evasion measure intended by player.)

Mini H.E. will do half the damage as a self-cast H.E. but consumes same amount of Mana and does equal aoe damage everywhere. It does nothing to the H.E.'s cooldown (implements a slight Mana management factor in zerk play through which simply doesn't exist, while emphasizing on Fury talent, branch two.)

(Come on we all fell in love with Heavens Edge's badassosity back in the days, now we wanna see it more by our explosive zerkers, don't we? :vw_love:)

Z - 3:
Odin’s Champion

Alt names:
Legendary Devastator

The prerogative of being able to gain the heed of the chief deity of Norse myths lies with none but the legendary warrior of dated Nordic and Viking tales of trance-like battle gallantry.

Once he is fully dyed with rage (Berserk Rage reaches max bonus) a true Odin’s chosen can at the very least deal [current total Strength x 25 + agility x 15] in under 6 seconds. Six seconds of being marked with a status icon of Odin’s Trial, that is. (Not very easy to achieve, and would encourage team to help him with buffs to do so, and enforces the player to choose what to cast, due to the following effects).

If the berserker meets this criterion he will enter a Odin's Champion/Legendary Devastator status for 15 seconds. The effects are as following:

>> +50% critical on any casts (not auto-attacks << this + the high damage needed to enter this mode is meant to further increase difficulty, 'coz he will be forced to choose between what to cast and what to keep)
>> A fixed 300% critical multiplier on all casts (not auto-attacks).
>> Any “Heaven’s Edge” cast (or mini H.E. activation) has triple the aoe reach, ignores all armor and has a 75% chance to stun all enemies who received its damage for 4 seconds. (Ultimate visual effects recommended. This could very well be the most awesome moment of zerk’s play. A true raging champion of Odin himself, performing a “heaven’s” edge.)
>> Ignores all enemy stuns and all friendly buffs, including heals (just potions).
>> Max Water, Fire and Lightning Resistances (the mythologies refer to Berserkers as impervious to fire when they apparently transformed to a furious wolf-like creature)
>> 250% increased aggro generation
>> 35% increased Physical damage received
>> There can only be one instance of Odin’s champion activation in a fight, whether there is one or more berserkers. 300 seconds cooldown.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> BARD <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>
B - 1:
Alleviate

Soothes the pains and removes all afflictions/debuffs (magical and non-magical, unlike dispel) from friendly target by chanting impelling & persuasive words of hope and bravery.

Ally target instantly gains full Health if damaged, and 75% resistance against three random elements and ignores all Physical damage for 12 seconds. If target is in a "weakened soul" condition, (and thus cannot be “encouraged”/”impelled”) the buff will end (as a leash against abuse with Divine Shield combined).

The accumulated damage that was ignored in this way will at the end of the illusory buff be administered instantly at a 75% rate (there has to be an overall positive edge to the spell).

The damage could be intercepted/mediated by other buffs such as a timely divine shield or resistance buff/potion etc (whereas an untimely divine shield here, e.g. when the effect is still at its start, would work reversely as a wasted and negative buff). I recommend a delay and a visual effect to indicate the effect's end and the damage being about to be administered.

Target's own resistances/Armor rating decreasing the damage "within the 12 second" period will be the only thing calculated (like his own gear and spells only), since friendly or potion buffs can be manipulated right before this spell is cast.

B - 2:
Aria of Torpor

Mentally enervates enemies surrounding him giving them a 15% chance to miss on any attack for 5 seconds. With a suggested cooldown of 20.

Next time it cools down, if used within 3 seconds of cooling down, adds 3% of evasion to the debuff and removes 5% of target’s mana. Stackable to 5 repeats/stages (6 total stages).

If successfully reaches the max stack limit (30% evasion, 25% of target’s Mana removed) the evasion debuff will last 25 seconds and the skill will go into a huge cooldown period of 5 minutes.

If bard fails to cast a repeat instance at any stage above two, the stacking will reset. Cooldown will nonetheless be elongated to 5 minutes to prevent abusing of repeatable Mana depletion.
Also contributes to more active play through of a bard.

B - 3:
Larcenous Efficacy

Alt names:
Bonanza, Pilferer's Gratuity, Swindler's Bequest

Plucking up his past skillful experiences in art of theft, bard maximizes his focus to up his chance to deliver.

When activated (should be a target skill so that he can choose to give this to an assassin or another bard too if he so wishes), increases chance to steal an equipment or weapon (rather than material or consumable) by the value of his [1/2 Character Level + (5 x (total Agility/total Strength))]/100. (A 50 bard with 100 agility and 40 Strength would have 37.5%.)

Also if the bard is a Lorekeeper 5/5, increases the 2nd drop chance by 50% of the above calculated value.
Grants [2x(total sum of stats)]/100 (rounded down) chance for steal to generate a 2nd item (potion, materials too) as well. 2nd loot is also affected by the first effect. Can only be activated inside battle.

B - 4:
Impetus Surge

Alt names:
Emphatic Paean, Fomenting Epos, Enkindling Psalm

With wise and uplifting words of exalt towards his own and his comrade’s self-reliances and past achievements, chosen out of their many a brave undertaking together, creates an upsurge in his and his ally’s impetus, the rawest of all forces within man’s mind. The bond such shared, is that of mutual benefit. For one to impress others, one has surely to inspire oneself first.

>> 1.) Simply doubles the Main attribute total of an ally entirely for 10 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown.
Bard gains the same effect herself, but with a random stat.
>> Alternatively she could have a 25 to 50% chance to have her own agility doubled for 10 seconds as well.
>> Another alternative is that the bard gets one random (or all of) friendly buff that is on the target for free for herself too. For example, if she casts impetus surge on a berserker with Symbol of Fury on him, she gives him double of his sum of Strength, and gets buffed with a Symbol of Fury too.

>> 2.) Alternatively, (as I’m not sure if this is possible but,) doubles the duration/potency of current friendly buffs on the target. This includes his own songs, symbol of fury, Confidence and Packleader auras’ effects, etc. If doubling potency, it should be limited to, say.. 10 seconds like above. By doubling potency I mean like increasing Symbol of Fury's Attack speed bonus from e.g. 15% to 30% for the same amount of time it is there. Or Packleader Aura's Evasion and Critical chance to 14% from 7%

B - 5:
Esprit de Corps

Throughout unending adventuring of the world of mythic gods and unsung monsters; day by day furthering the braving of lost lands once the habitat of peaceful beasts and proud children of the Earth; tackling the now unwelcoming nature and deathly 'lusus naturae' who have turned with an unbecoming bloodlust; in and out of valorous undertakings and grand decision of unforgettable selfless moments; appreciating reciprocally the merit and the demerit of a myriad of vicissitudes, faced with inevitable fears and the insecurity of your unknown fate...

... When all comes to nothing.. when you're faced with your worst despairs, you find neither your gods nor your belongings capable of filling the tiny but infinitely vast void in your heart.

But it is the "sense of belonging". To your comradeship. The sense upon which you lay your wary heart and depend on in your times of utter loss.
A belonging to those who shared your fears, insecurities, braveries and growth all and sundry. It is in knowing you are not alone in your sufferings and in your delights, that you gain true content.

Back to our topic. Espirit de Corps is and has been our group motto since creation. It is also an honorary mention here, but honestly it speaks out best for what the spell is meant to be like.

There are more than several ideas going around in my head about this, but I'm pressed for time. Tomorrow is my moving day. So I'll be very succinct about them. Be warned, this is a last-day addition, and might sound a bit weird and unrefined and lacking "finish". The whole concept is about a truly defining spell. What does it define? "Team health", "team dps", "team mana" and such.

Moral point is when you hit the ground, your team is there for you. When you're just resurrected and wanna d something to help the fight but you can't, this will help. Enough background, here goes the description.

>> 1.) 15 seconds channeling. Takes 3 Mana per second from each ally that is "in fight" now (counter for abusing of sleeping around the fight) and gives it to the ally who has the least amount of Mana at the moment of cast. Or just target cast. Can only be cast during a fight.

>> 2.) Some kind of lasting and persistent bonus (won't even disappear on death, only via repicking into a different char). The more fights and life-and-death situations they wade through together the more the team's bonds deepen. Grants very small bonuses with each boss slain with the same combination of ally heroes the bard first joined after load. If one or more repick into something else they lose the bonus progress.

For example it can be stackable up to 20 or 30 boss fights together and from the moment of reaching maximum it start providing its true bonuses.
Bosses that count for this have to have a minimum level of course.

I can suggest some steps (I'm going with once every 3 bosses, the steps can be dynamic and I also suggest the last step being bigger than all previous ones):
>> 3 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 3% Fire resistance
>> 6 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 5% Attack speed
>> 9 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 3 Health/sec regeneration.
>> 12 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 3% Water and Magic resistances
>> 15 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 200% income from all kills (bosses and mobs alike)
>> 18 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 3% Lightning and Shadow resistances
>> 21 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain 10% extra Health and Mana received via friendly spells
>> 24 bosses slain, for all who have been in the fight, any potion use will recover Health / Mana of all allies also by 20% of the amount on the user
>> 27 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight gain damage tolerance (all sorts of damage) equal to all the Healths of team members added, and dived by 100. (Even with 6 x 1000 average Health imagined, it's only a trivial 60 damage reduced.)
>> 30 bosses slain, all who have been in the fight, will have all the above, plus 10% All Resistances, 10 Armor rating, a low Mana regeneration, 5% Attack power and Spellpower increase.

Now how awesome would it feel to have extreme difficulty bosses against who you don't even have a chance of winning, unless you have the full bonus of the 30 fights together. A single boss fight so long that without the Mana regeneration and shared potions, extra resistances etc, it would be beyond hope. And bard will be the sole standard-bearer of this aura (or it can need the bard to cast this spell in each boss fight for it to be updated)

>> 3.) A channeling constant song that brings to surface and strengthens loyalty, selflessness and espirit de corpse. It can go on as long as intended, no limits. When bard is doing this, and an ally receives fatal blows that drops his Health below 20 or 15%, his damage input from that moment on will be transferred to another ally with the highest current Health or Armor rating or both maybe.

As soon as bard stops channeling the effect is stopped. Grants healers in a desperate pinch a hand. Activating the channeling requires a hefty Mana cost so the bard should make up his mind when his team needs this.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> SORCERER <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

S - 1:
Astral Oblivion

Alt names:
Celestial Oblivion (√ Completely interchangeable phrase. Just preferred Astral since Celestial can also mean Heavenly and is used already by crusader.), Supernal Calamity, Ethereal Obliteration

>> Phase 1: (Casting) Forms 2 arcane-focused magic circles one atop the other, high above an area, engraved with unknown incantations of long-lost astromancy of old; casting a tangible deep bluish green or multicolor aurora on the atmosphere around and a shade of it the units covered beneath.
>> Phase 2: (Maturing) A slight radiant body of light starts forming between the circles, moving up and bouncing back slowly. At the 3-second maturity, it can look like a wisp with a fitting color or any other effect that is suitable.
>> Phase 3: (Releasing) A beam of energy with a color that distinguishes it from light or holy magic, descends noticeably fast from the center of the two magic circles but becomes slow-motioned when reaches the battle ground (suggesting travel between dimensions) and after hitting a target will branch up and splash around inclemently to ravage others.

The true appeal and challenge, and at the same time, the true key lying hidden within any apprentice's way to the mastery of his grasp on magic is ironically to realize that reality is naught but a falsehood in the hands of a savant of the arcane.

A concept I always loved since childhood, watching TV series/films like Earthsea and Merlin, and to later on happily meet again in Skyrim, but only in form of a message of a book. When thinking about notion of "magic", one simply cannot avoid this fact, that reality itself is the one thing waiting for any decided mage to overcome by his will, if he's to achieve any marked level of mastery.

Unfastens the temporal boundaries of reality itself, unhappening, reflecting and confining the occurrences within the magic circle's reach, into interstellar dimensions, sustained by the very fabric of space, as if they never occurred. The 7 seconds of reality such absorbed are not lost, but pending, as raw, magical essence.

This compressed, extremely volatile essence will mature into pure energy under the effects of starlight. It will be stored (in form of a shining wisp or such) for 15 seconds between the two circles, resembling heaven and earth (or aether and nether).

Time it takes to mature is random with a maximum of 15 seconds. (It can be depending on how much dps was dealt and received under those 7 inital seconds. The more the higher it will take. Or it can be just completely random.)

The idea of maturing is to balance the yin/yang or dark/light, negative/positive proportions of the energy lump to a sharp 50%-50% and forming a higher entity. Then suddenly injecting either the positive or the negative external energy of caster’s whim, into it to unleash its potential towards one of the extremes.

Units in the affected area will have all (or some) of what they did in those 7 seconds undone. They will return to where they were when this super spell started taking effect (this moving is a totally “optional” feature, just for more credibility).

What to undo can be "a selection" of the following or more:
>> All the dps interchanged reset to zero (all units gain their Health from 7 seconds ago)
>> All fighting resources spent, are regained; all Mana and Health used are returned to all affected units.
>> All skills (and pots) used or not used in that period and cooling down or ready now, will return to their CD status from 7 seconds ago. This is different from Reset CD talent 'coz it can also revert cooled-down skills back into cooldown. Or even undo reset CD effects that happened under the 7 seconds.
>> All buffs and debuffs reverted.

From the time of maturity the sorcerer has 3 seconds to decide the target whom this energy ball will be flung at.

If targeted at self, will restore 50% of entire Mana pool and provide a temporary 30% Haste boost and 30 points of Intelligence. Cannot be targeted at allies.

If targeted at enemy, will deplete 30% of their Mana pool, robs them of 50% of their spell haste, while dealing 6.5 x Spellpower Magic damage at the target and 1 x Spellpower to random nearby hostile units with a maximum of 7 others. (Here I'm mindful of "Magic" element spells almost always being "single target" damage rather than aoe, so the aoe effect of the main light beam's ramifications is minimal, but necessary for a spell of this caliber.

If sorcerer fails to aim and launch this energy properly within the allotted 3 seconds, it can either vanish entirely or do some low collateral damage to some units, ally or foe alike, indiscriminately. Or freeze the affected units to indicate corruption of the time-space continuum; or put sorcerer in an unfavorable situation or other effects that is not too much of a punishment at all, but also doesn't encourage casting this spell with no reason.

Another idea for this spell would be to absorb the reality including (or only) all the damage done to enemies, and suck it into that same interstellar dimension while it intensifies by bouncing to and fro in between the two magic circles, then it becomes several times stronger by a formula governed by sorcerer’s Intelligence or Spellpower and return back to reality dealing severe damage several times more than what happened.

It can and is recommended to be "graded" by the total number of enemies and allies effected. The lower, the less it takes to mature and the less damage. If 12 or more are affected (12 moons) it reaches full power.

A third idea would be a time freeze for enemies only, similar to DoTA's Chronospher but I'm not interested in that so I'll leave it at that.

A fourth idea would be a spell usable only once in each fight, that would undo reality and turn it into energy and all that, and costs nothing, except this time only option would be to turn it into friendly energy that restores Mana to all allies. I know. Terrible. Horrendous. Forget it. Just wanted something too special for sorcerer, like the Burst of Light of Mana. I'm admittedly biased that way. But I like it. Nyahhaha.

This spell requires some collateral damage or side effects for further balancing. Also needs refinement to lessen the interference it causes with allies' gameplays.

S - 2:
Grimoire of the Arcane Intelligentsia

Ineffable collective knowledge of the progenitors of the mystic arts. Grants an utterly frightful degree of insightful wisdom to the bearer. But such gift of cognizance comes with its own heavy load.

An auto-cast ability, that while turned on (no cost) with each non-instant (channeling ones like Fireball or Lightning Charge) spell cast, it has a chance to lead you to… *OK, this lead me to the "Hidden Spellbook for All” suggestion at my next post of this thread. (apparently I have 100k characters and I'm out of space to contain it all in one post)* check it out there!

Other than that:

(A self-only target cast with the following element’s effect and this spell’s effect, both showing on status bar under the character, to let the player know. Or an:)
Auto-cast ability that while turned on (no cost) with each non-instant (channeling ones like Fireball or Lightning Charge, not Magic Missile) spell cast, will remove 1% of target’s corresponding elemental resistance. I.e. if spamming Fireballs, target’s Fire Resistance will fall each time by 1%.

When the spell is turned on, only the first element used by sorcerer himself can undergo this effect. (If he uses a Magic Missile mistakenly, the ability will not work until next cast, for which I’d recommend a medium-long CD.) Any spells that contain even a hint of this chosen element, henceforth to the end of the fight will cost 1 additional Mana.

When the sorcerer is under the effects of epic volumes of oracular knowledge that only he can hold any hopes of fathoming, he cannot effectively enough focus on his other capabilities.(Two possible downsides I came up with):

>> The only other “equally-potent” element in sorcerer’s arsenal (Fire if he chose Lightning and vice versa; Magic if he chose Water) will until the fight is over (or the target is dead), have only 70% efficiency.

I.e., if Lightning was chosen as the enhanced element, all his Fire damages (half of Meteor Strike is fire, so is Incinerate, Fire Shield and Fireball) will deal 70% damage, critical and normal alike.
OR
>> -15% Haste and Critical chance on the “other element” until fight is over (or the target is dead), chosen as above.

S - 3:
Ball Lightning

A magically mysterious phenomenon unexplained even in days of our soi-disant scientific scholarship. A marvel, particularly hard to form and next to impossible to manipulate at will; but when achieved, one to be reckoned with.

When an enemy target is hit by a Meteor Strike and is soaked by some kind of Water spell, the scalding-hot atmosphere and the target’s saturated properties together create the rare conditions necessitated by this boisterous agent of destruction to form.

When these conditions are met, within 25 seconds of the meteor strike, every “critical” Lightning Charge stricken at the target has a 65% chance to create an enormous instance of Ball Lightning that roves the battlefield creating an intense electromagnetic field and devastating the enemies (maximum of 3, each ball has a lifespan of 8 seconds).

Inside the limited periphery where the ball/balls are whizzing and buzzing around loudly, units are pulled towards the epicenter and dealt Lightning damage with random and quick discharges of plasma-like power bolts that burn their victims to a crisp.

Upon disintegration, they unleash a howling forcewave casting magnetized enemies aside again and stunning them severely (2 seconds).

During the presence of a Ball Lightning, sorcerer’s every Lightning Charge leaps across from his main target (what with the abundance of voltage around to recharge the strike) and hits several targets in a wide area (either chain or fork lightning effect) in front of/around him.

If a given "Nereid" can have some sorta of aoe based on Water with "soak" capabilities, or Water elemental would evaporate or explode onto enemeies in wide area when its time runs out and hence soaking them, it would intensify this skill greatly, as a combination.

S - 4:
Internecine Ward

Alt names:
Frenetic Zone, Thunder/Plasma Sphere, Vigilant of Havoc, Thunderous Qui Vive, Restless Guardian (less likely)

Meant as an upgrade possible to Fire Shield, and a merge of it with Spell Mirror for those who use them and want to keep doing so. Two ways to implement it:

>> 1.) When an ally is supported with Fire Shield, casting Lightning Charge on the ally (twice or thrice, coz once is too fast) will evolve the shield into a ravaging and powerful sphere of heated, excited and charged atmosphere brimming with both of the magical elements used. Lasts 15 seconds.
>> The targeted ally will inevitably lose 4 Mana each 3 seconds under the violent ionizing effects of the spell. Also loses 30 Health in same intervals due to the blazing overheat of his tissue and blood. 20 Mana and 150 Health loss total.
>> The ally gains 60% Movement and Attack speed with the incredibly enhanced transmission of motor signals and action potentials thanks to the floating halo of masterfully tweaked lightning. (Inspired by Killua's Godspeed from HxH)
>> Units who dare attack an ally undergoing this buff, will have 60% chance to get Lightning-stung and Fire-burnt for 0.3 x Spellpower each (separate effects), and 10% to get stunned for 0.5 seconds.
>> The two elements' resonance causes a visible advanced elemental barrier around the target. Any next hostile Elemental damage will be returned to its source with same potency but in form of Lightning damage, thanks to the superiority and magnitude of Lightning element.

>> 2.) It could be a different spell that would require a new slot, so not recommended. First method mandates enabling of Lightning Charge to be cast on allies outside of PvP mode (perhaps only when and on whomever Fire Shield is active), but at least won't take spell slots.

If forced to use this second method, I recommend a spell with some kinda big base casting time like 10 seconds and medium Mana cost. Simple "one click" access to a spell like this causes lack of need to think. But when it takes time to cast, you will need to think beforehand to guess who is gonna take mass aggro next and who can maintain this better, with the negative effects taken into account.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> CRUSADER <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

C - 1:
Chivalrous Sacrifice

Alt names:
Galling Gasconade

When it’s about mettle and intrepidity, the most driven and convicted warrior with a cause of justice and selfless care for his brethren under the holy flag, a faithful man with a mission, and a burden; out to avenge the wrongdoings of the unrighteous, is none other than the crusader.

In an attempt to drive off the threat from his comrades in arms, crusader vents a challenging, ridiculing, and boastful scoffery towards the hostile units in a cone shaped area in its wake, forcing "one" any next skill that enemies affected by this mass taunt would try to cast in the next 15 seconds, to be cast on none other than the crusader.

Leaving crusader's defenses partially open when covering for an ally. enemies' next cast on crusader will be 100% a critical blow (the first tick only for damage over time spells).

Non-boss units under this effect have 5% chance to flee from combat for 10 seconds and have 15% chance to gain 20% Attack speed on the crusader (only). Reduces all allies' aggros by 25%. Medium-long cooldown.

Can also do a “taunt” effect for same number of seconds as Taunt, so as to replace the old-fashioned Taunt skill and add aoe aggro.

C - 2:
Sanctimonious Indignation

The path of the righteous offers clemency and forgiveness towards enemies, but only scarcely, if any. Continuous years of consistently championing the pious principals of his faith, has allowed the crusader to grow a resolute confidence in his ways of dealing with the unjust. And a passive tempest of condescending indignation. A temper beast within.

This could be crusader's own little customization and evolving of Parry, like Battle Supremacy is for Berserker. While when inactive, vouchsafing little chance for the enemies of this longanimous & disdainful soldier of holy cause to push him over the edges, it can on the flip side also be activated and give vent to his depredatory wrath throughout the battle.

The variant "Z" = "Health loss %" and only updates in scales of "10" and cannot go over 80 (meshes well with Virtue branch 4). No values here can be in minus; and zeros and minus values are replaced with 1. Considering that:

In passive mode, grants [(Z x 1/2) + (Character Level / 10)] chance to reduce [(35 + Character Level - Z) x [6 + (Z / 10)]] Physical damage and reduce it to 10% (rounded up). Cannot reduce below 5. The effect remains until Z is updated to a new status; meaning if at Z = 80% and he is suddenly healed to full hp, it remains until Health loss reaches a new valid value like 10% or so.

Examples:
>> At 10% Health loss, a 50 level crusader has 10% chance to take a 525 Physical damage input and reduce it to 52.5 (rounded to 53)
>> At 30% Health loss, a 50 level crusader has 20% chance to take a 405 Physical damage input and reduce it to 40.5 (rounded to 41)
>> At 80% Health loss, a 50 level crusader has 45% chance to take a 70 Physical damage input and reduce it to 7.

The more damaged the crusader, the less integrity and strength he is left with to be able to tough out damage. Realism has been taken into full account.

In activation mode, a state of unleashed pique and resentment that has two ways of kick-starting (can happen every 30 seconds):

>> Whenever the crusader loses 60% or more of his Health (maybe add a time limit here, like under 5-10 seconds? Am not sure tbh), each next instance of incoming damage from then on, has a base 10% to trigger this state.

Each instance of damage that fails to trigger it, instead adds 3% extra chance percentage to the next. Eventually adds up to 100%.

Also if & when the current subject of his Guardian Angel/C-3 Hand of God (might be two of them at the same time, via CD reset) is hurt by Crusader's current target, a solid 20% chance to instantly activate this state applies. (Higher chance can get abused by a timely GA when you know a target is going to be or is being damaged.)

This state when awoken grants crusader the following for 7 seconds:

>> 120% Attack speed
>> Any Emergency cast will call a Holy Reckoning (Divine Retribution) instead.

(If Emergency spell's name and icon could be changed under these 7 seconds, it would be good. If the spell name can be completely changed to "Divine Succor"/"Divine Decree" or something synonymous to those, then it fits both situations of heal and aoe angel fire damage).

Holy Reckoning will bring down a vengeful and spiraling ray of glittering Angel Fire that swiftly does away with any who dares venture close to the pious knight. Spellpower x 5 instant Fire damage in a medium circle around him.
>> 60 Armor penetration
>> 100% critical chance on any Revenge cast within that period
>> 300% Aggro gain from all damage outputs
>> Crucify deals double damage and in a much greater area
>> Each attack gains a 7% chance to interrupt spell casting
>> 35 Armor rating reduced
>> Reduces Evasion to 0 and the passive effects of this spell won't work
>> Disables the crusader from casting Guardian Angel and Emergency is not healing him in this period (or C-3 Hand of God)
>> Ignores all friendly buffs except for attack speed and healing magic

C - 3:
Hand of God

Alt names: Providential Embrace, Divine Intervention, Godly Countenance, Heavenly Providence/Sustenance (less likely)

With the holy cause as his mainstay and paradigm (frame of thought or perspective), and safeguarding of those who stand under the same flag as he his only higher calling, the manifestation of the crusader’s “ally of justice” and “protector of the good” persona take the form of divinity itself, granting providential certitude and ratification to any bearer.

When cast on an ally both crusader and the ally take only 70% of Physical and Shadow damages received for 15 seconds.

Ally gains a temporary aura of reassurance. With absolute confidence behind their actions, the targeted ally and nearby others in a very small area will have increased 20% Critical chance, 20% Haste, and will deal 20% of their auto-attacks as holy damage bonus (doubles against undead, and is like Celestial Zeal’s bonus damage, from Magic element).

The targeted ally’s entire aggro is transferred to the crusader (aggro from damage and any other skills).

The skill, can be cast on self to bolster crusader’s divine inner zeal, and when done so, would grant complete invulnerability to incoming (either) Physical (or) Elemental damage for 8 seconds based on luck (if this could be implemented at all. I’m not sure, since the 75% resistance cap makes me doubt whether an invulnerability state is still possible. It can be invulnerability against either physical or elemental with 50-50 chance to trigger, or simply one of them. If this ain’t a good idea then just 200% aggro could do.)

Additionally, a Hand of God cast on self will quintuple the Magic bonus damage granted by Celestial Zeal for 15 seconds.

Self-cast can also grant a Splash-esque mode where this quintupled magic damage hits all mobs in front of Crusader. Together with a 200% aggro, it can provide a unique window for aoe control to the character.

Meant as an evolution or improvement of Guardian Angel, under certain circumstances, perhaps like rebirth. C-1 to C-3 combined will give an interesting gameplay to crusader, and C-3 will also be allowing crusader a choice here, other than always depending on GA to maintain aggro and giving him the further authority he needs.

C - 4:
Rending Barrage

Alt names:
Fell Barrage, Unforgiving Stance, Staggering Fend, Power Bounce, Repellent Stance, Implacable Foe (less likely) Prepotent Stance (less likely)

With each time crusader blocks an incoming damage with his shield (it always blocks a solid 20% of damage from front right? so it would be practically only those attacks not evaded or received from sides/back. In that case I need to reduce the chance here), the crusader's unparalleled command over an impenetrable defensive stance that is his forte, allows him to thrust aside an opponent's attack forcefully and stagger them, creating a short opening to land a vicious barrage of assaults with his focus now on the offensive for a short period.

Provides 3 + [Attack power/100) x ((Intelligence + Strength) / 100)] chance to activate the barrage with every shield block. When activated, next shield slam will be critical, and also deal the shield's own Armor rating x (Strength / 6) as bonus damage.

This slam pushes back any enemy greatly for 1 seconds and for about 200 to 300 range in game, leaving a trace of friction underneath them (It can push enemies in a semisphere in fron t of him, if you want to add aoe to him. Makes sense as a power bash.). It reduces attack speed of the target by 100%, Armor rating by 20% and Haste by 30% for 5 seconds. Crusader will gain 300% attack speed for the next 5 attacks (unsuccessful ones counted too).

With crusader getting the knack of the enemy's attack patterns, in the same fight, each successful activation of Rending Barrage by an enemy improves the chances of the next one happening by same enemy by another base 3%. No limits.

Level 5
<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> BISHOP <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

SH - 1:
Accomplished Altruist

Alt names:
Veteran Philanthropist, Patronus Magnificum (Latin: The Grand Patron), Godsend's Bounty, Good Samaritan's Largess (less likely), Succorer's Boon (less likely)

Continuous selflessness and concern for well-being of others is in and of itself, the holiest cause. Rewarded for his passions, and guided by his positive karma, bishop gains inherent divine favor in form of powerful vibes activating around him in very short range.

>> Once every 45 seconds, any targeted or aoe incoming Elemental damage will be repelled and neutralized entirely from bishop and whoever sticks very close (200 to 250 range), cancelling the damage and any & all pertinent effects.
>> Adds 25% chance to suffer only 50% of any Physical damage inflicted on the Bishop; while the negated 50% energy will be converted by his karma to positive energy and heal the Bishop. Also only once every 45 seconds.
>> Can be turned into a developed form of Confidence aura by adding its properties here. In that case, apart from the aforementioned 45-sec-only effects that help bishop himself mostly, a 20% All Resistances, 1 Health/sec regeneration and 10% Evasion aura can be suggested to be added here too. This also would help to stay true to the word “altruist” in the title.)

SH - 2:
Dominion Divine

Alt names:
Divine Jurisdiction , Divine Providence/Intervention, Promised Salvation, Assured Deliverance, Pillar of Grand Light, Savior’s Grace, Grekern’s Brilliance lol. The initiative idea came from Grek-chan’s Goblet of Life and got mixed with other stuff in me head |^,^)-d

The prayers of a true heart. The sermons of hope. Promises of salvation and spreading the teachings of God. Finally, and rightfully answered and rewarded.

Being the patient and charitable confessor, and the indulgent listener and guide to many a lost soul, the level of favor he holds with the Almighty, and his powers grown in His light, and the degree of his access to “heaven’s arsenal”, if you will, are not one to be compared with that of the common man.

(I strongly recommend un-held-back visual effects for things like these. Ultimate things like these, that a character can achieve after hundreds of hours. In this case, ground tremors and slam effects, blur on the area or the sight of player if it can be implemented at all, even temporarily growing and blooming flora around the area in question here, and things of that sort that will help re-clarify that something mystic is always to remain mystic. And to remind the players not to expect too much details or cold logic out of a game based on fantasy fictions and old magic tales out of folklore. Those aside, the fact that it feels good and helps with immersion, or “believability” still exists.)

Blesses the ground and the air upon which he casts holy water, and utters the most sacred names of God, praying selflessly and offering latria for salvation of his cared-for friends and companions (I’m not suggesting any specific animation here, just maybe a forced “sit and pray” idle animation that cleric character originally performs, as a high elf priest in warcraft).

After a certain while, the answered prayers and the good of heart within the bishop start manifesting into sacred light of salvation. A pillar of light grows from bishop and rises, while his prayers call down a grand pillar of sacred light from heaven (or mark an area like a big circle or a ‘triangle’ --referring to Trinity-- by several smaller towers of light; the big single pillar is much better tho). The two lights meet and form a grand scene of splendor. A single tangible monolith of resplendent and inviting brilliance.

Here there could be several instances of those angel-like golden descending things in Warcraft, that are already an effect on Guardian Angel. The angels can descend one at a time or all at once, in the circumference on which the pillar is to descend/ascend and unite.

The grand pillar descends/ascneds elegantly (not too fast or slow), curing all the ail from the prayed-for and starts occasionally radiating and shooting around rays of lesser light after conjoining with the ascending light, from the point they meet (the branches sprout from there, for further elegance). If an ally in need of cure reaches out to these offshoots's "area of effect" where they land unto the ground, he will be granted his need.

(I don’t want it to look like alien technology, smartly aiming at people and healing them. Plus it gives people the “if you need heal, go get it” message; which also helps lay off all the expectations from the healer in team and teach people not to run AWAY from the healer every time they are running from aoe, but TO the healer. Main tank is always an exception to this sentence, of course, and a good healer will always support him. On another note, only he who “wants” help is he who gets help. Or help yourself be helped. So yeah!)

Those who bask in this mighty gift of benevolence are bestowed certain boons depending on many things; which to mere human mind seem as pure luck.

Takes 12 seconds to cast this. Originally of course. Via great Haste it can be reduced to 4 to 7 depending on version and gear. Grants the bishop invulnerability (Go'd domain) and aggro reset (liberty from all conflicts, absolute peace). Bishop can still move and/or cast but once he does any of those, the grand spell will end and all boons will be removed (optional difficulty).

Alternative to invulnerability and in accordance with the optional difficulty, bishop can only gain a limited but high enough amount of both Physical and Elemental Resistances so that team also finds itself needing to help bishop to stay in this state for the better good by supporting him with spells. Also so that it wouldn't be a too lenient break time for bishop himself, and he'd have to take some precautions like shielding himself before start.

If possible, it could start with a 5-second invulnerability episode and follow with the high resistance mode for the remaining 20 seconds, as the connection to the realm of divinity starts to weaken and fade.

The pillar, upon descent and connection, restores allies' Health by 7 x Spellpower and lasts 25 seconds. (Or heal by a constant, or percentage. But Spellpower-based is better to me, because this can be a bishop-unique and evolution-esque amelioration to Burst of Light spell and its blending with Plane Shift.)

Alternative to restoring allies that much, it can heal everyone less but instead reset all active Mend and Divine shields to their first tick/full form.

Or in a less likely approach, it can only massively and constantly heal bishop himself (with less Resistance and safety offered here) as long as he doesn't move and in combination with SH-3 "Credenda of Agape" let others receive the heal as well.

Sprouts branches that last 7 second and can only be used twice per character, each healing 2.5 x Spellpower instantly and disappearing right after being used (2 or 3 branches active at a time).

(The idea here is something like this: /||\ where the middle two-lined column is the main pillar and the slanted ones are the branches. They point somewhere rather far from the middle of the pillar to a circle where if an ally stands he’ll insta-heal and use up that offshoot. The pillar ain't have to be too thick, mind you. It just has to be bigger than the branches, so do’t worry about running out of battle grounds.)

Standing inside the pillar for 3 seconds will initiate one in the path of virtue. One of the following effects might apply. (Based on the antithesis of the 7 deadly sins, the "7 heavenly virtues", and are meant to be unique to this spell.)

(The buffs are classified into A and B.. A is meant to be directly relevant to the meaning and the notion of its virtue and is the original one I thought up first. B, I came up with afterwards. It is less unique and exists just for an option if you like to make these effects more beneficial and outstanding, and to make up for lack of such benefits in A.):

>> 1.) Calling of Charity:
(Same % for all)
A. Next friendly buff received or given by this ally will also affect two more allies randomly in close vicinity.
B. Grants 20% of total Main attribute for 20 seconds as bonus.

>> 2.) Calling of Chastity:
(Same % for all)
A. Immune from next hostile damage and next debuff. The two effects work independently of each other.
B. +25 to both Critical multiplier types for 30 seconds.

>> 3.) Calling of Diligence:
(Same % for all)
A. Next stun is ignored.
B. If and when an enemy stun is successfully ignored, you gain 15% Attack speed and 15% Haste for 2 minutes.

>> 4.) Calling of Humility:
(Monks and Crusaders should be exempt. Same % for the rest. If possible, Guardian Angel or Hand of God should still calculate the aggro and work, to make crusader’s job easier.)
A. Zero aggro production for 20 seconds.
B. Next potion consumption will not trigger any potion cooldown.

>> 5.) Calling of Kindness:
(Heroes with Intelligence as Main attribute should have very high % at this, like +80%.)
A. Next non-boss unit that this ally has not hurt, but damages this ally, will die instantly.

This unit’s full value of life force/Health will heal all allies (max Health divided into number of allied heroes + minions around). If this is triggered by a sort of damage from a boss, the boss will receive 7 x the damage he dealt back in Shadow element instead.
B. Next Critical Mana-costing (not Mana-free ones) cast will restore 3% of its critical damage amount to all team member’s Mana (oneself not included).

>> 6.) Calling of Patience:
(Same % for all)
A. Will receive a random item (from the boss drop table) in backpack at the end of boss fight.
B. Also receives a (an extra) mana crystal (or a random recipe irrelevant to boss drop table, or a quest token point if possible).

>> 7.) Calling of Temperance:
(Monk, Crusader should have a far higher chance at this, like 80%. Berserker medium chance like 50%. Same low % for the rest, like 10.)
A. +33% of current Armor rating and Evasion value, added as bonus for 20 seconds.
B. 33% of melee damage received is returned to enemy in Physical/Shadow form with every Evasion triggered. Lasts 20 seconds.

Each calling can only be received/held by one person every time this spell is cast. There should be a low, like 10 to 15% chance to receive no boons, so as to complement the diversity and mysteriousness theme here, and cover all possibilities. The “no boons” itself should also be limited to only one person, like a calling.

Other “B” type boons can be e.g. bonus percentages of Mana, Health or such stats, and regenerations of great magnitude with medium/short periods.

Consider please the fact that only the A’s were meant as original. Therefore, suggested percentages are adding element of chance. If all the boons go to the right characters, it would neutralize the potential fun and feel too “controlled”. If the other way around, it would kill the point of the boons existing.

All effects should receive a color-distinct activation status indicator. Like something hovering above them in certain recognizable color or such. There are plenty in warcraft itself I believe, i.e. the effect from reading tomes.

Now this one's something that'd make even me go back to playing bishop. And I haven't played healer in forever.

SH - 3:
Credenda of Agape

Alt names:
Agapic Credenda/Credendum

A newly-sprung power born as a result of ingenuous devotion in his ecclesiastical career, resulting in and evolving into bona fide humanism. (Yes religions suck, but religious people don't. Mostly. I think... uhhm, probably. Errm, maybe not? Actually, they suck too. lol). Caring for oneself is to care for others and caring for others is to care for oneself.

Forms a magnanimous bond (chain link/"area select" type of cast) between bishop and comrades in arms (max of 5 people, himself included), for 20 seconds.

When activated any healing received by bishop (by himself, a druid or another bishop, or e.g. a possible bard's B-1 Alleviate etc) will only heal him by 20% of the supposed amount, but 80% of it will apply to all the linked allies. Any damage the bishop receives will also be scattered among comrades divided by number of allies linked.

Downsides are he only receives 20% of any heal so he should be careful. Also he should avoid getting damaged for sake of others.

Upside is damage is divvied up and almost minimal, and bishop is relying on comrades to shoulder a percentage of the damage he might receive, while in return he can heal them greatly. Takes off some burden from healing.
Even if he is under Divine Shield absorbing damage himself, the divided damage still applies to the linked allies. So he can't slack off too much under shield.

SH - 4:
Sanctify

Alt names:
Sanctifying Grace, Hallowing Beneficence, Accord Favour, Purify, Liberation of the Devout, Baptize (less likely), Harrowing of Hell (forget it!)

(Fits better perhaps as a sort of talent branch but…)
Grants any spell based on “Light” the 20% capability to cleanse the target’ soul of impurities and grants them the power to refuse to succumb to enemies. Includes Flash or Light, Burst of Light (or SH-2 Dominion Divine).

The spell relieves targets of 1 current debuff that was most recently cast on the ally by enemy and protect against next debuff (meaning hostile/negative buffs for those of you know who might not know). The effect lasts only 15 seconds. Works only against negative effects not any sort of damage.

Gives same spells 3% chance to bestow upon the target the Gift of Redemption. Gift of Redemption will disallow you to yield your life next time you’re vis-a-vis with death and gives you a new chance at life.

(Perhaps a prominently visible visual effect to let the bishop note that the ally has gotten this buff when he is quickly healing target after target. Also a state of 3-second invulnerability at very very low health to distinguish the buff taking effect. Under these 3 seconds all casts are disabled from the ally himself or on him by others.)

It will work as a sort of an “auto-resurrect” if the target happens to die, but even better than that; the aggro and the Mana will not be lost, like it is the case with resurrection. Lasts until battle ends. Gift of Redemption upon chancing costs 25 Mana, cannot be triggered on one ally twice in one fight and will not trigger if bishop has equal to or less than 75 Mana remaining.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> NECROMANCER <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

N - 1:
Thanatos Incarnate

Sight of death itself is an embedded dormant fear in all the living. And overcoming it grants a newfound boost of courage and a serendipitous sense of self-perception.

Embodies the evil aura bursting from his unspeakable convictions, abysmal ingenuity and horrid transactions with the dead and leashes it at the unwary target in form of an avatar of ancient patron of death.

Upon impact, target might be debuffed with one of the following for 15 seconds (based on pure chance or can be specific depending on the mob’s/boss’s resistances for instance). Regardless of which effect, when this spell is active skeletons of all type deal triple damage. The debuffs are:

>> Soul Oust: Maximum Health is reduced by 25% (does not work if target is below 40% Health). Target is silenced (unable to cast). (Alternative to silence, target's all Elemental damage skills will deal 0 damage and his stunning skills will not stun, instead.)

I'm sure you'd realize but, when the 25% Health is returned to target after debuff ends, all the damage dealt must be calculated by percentage to get removed from the 25% as well (at least, if not any better formula), or else this debuff would be meaningless.

E.g.: Health=1000/1000 --via debuff -> becomes 750/750. Gets damaged to 500/750 within 15 seconds (in other words 33% loss). When debuff ends Health is supposed to go back to 750/1000 but 250*33% = ~82 is also removed. -> 668/1000.

>> Corporal Overwhelm: Ceases motor coordination. Target has 25% reduced Attack power & Attack speed. Forces a random movement direction caused by raw fear, to a short distance (to avoid reset boundaries) every 5 seconds (even if in the middle of casting. 3 times total, within the allotted 15 seconds).

>> Psychic Dither: Adds 20 seconds to the cooldowns all skills of the target (will be gone after effect ends). Temporarily disables all "chanced" skills from target (criticals, proccs etc). Reduces target’s Haste by 100%.

Once the effect has subsided, if the team has managed to take this chance to inflict <enter amount or formula here> damage (perhaps only non-Elemental damage) to the target, the following buffs will not apply.

The amount can be depending on necro's Spellpower or stats and number of players engaged in the fight or both of those or anything you see fit. Of course it has to be a moderately easy-to-achieve amount, that'd only stress on teamwork, not punish weak team dps. Even if a team fails, the consequential buffs are not too big:)

If they didn't, then target will accordingly gain (only one of these of course, respective to whichever of the debuffs from above he chanced to get):

>> Integrity: 5% increased maximum Health and Armor rating till battle ends.

>> Equipoise: 10% increased Attack speed and 15 extra Armor penetration till battle ends.

>> Stability: 5% increased Critical chance on skills/auto-attacks/both. 10% increased spell/physical/both Critical multiplier. 10% more Haste

N - 2:
Purgatory Ensealment

Alt names:
Psychomancy, Charon's Bribe, Death Defiance (less likely), Penny for the Ferryman (less likely)

With his clandestine studies of realms beyond life, the necromancer holds an expert’s command over controlling the related circumstances. Grants allotted time to target's soul before its transmigration and disallows the specified soul's life force to leak away.

If cast on the gravestone of a fallen comrade (maybe this can be hard to code, maybe not), or a living ally or self, the Haste with which he will revive (if they die, in case of living allies), will increase by -200% (e.g. 60 -> 180 second revival time). Lasts 210 seconds. 60 seconds cooldown.

If and when a dead ally under this spell is somehow resurrected, they will have 75% of their whole Mana, but all skills in 3/4 cooldown (could be a downside, could be an upside, depending on the fight's circumstances and what the ally hero has used before death).

The Haste bar on target's gravestone must be different from a normal one to distinguish.

N - 3:
Penumbral Sacrament

Alt names:
Ecliptic Ritual, Horizon Obnubilation, Unholy Rite, Empyrean Despair (less likely)

Some of most vile rituals require draconian scarce conditions, often sought for entire lifetimes by those who dabble in the dark arts. And some of the ones in largest magnitude, especially those delving into demonology deal with grandest eclipses in history. When mankind's heavenly goblet of light and hope, abates into darkness of despondency.

The necromancer focuses unworldly demonic energies high across the firmament by constant channeling of his wicked mana up via his staff, calling a veil of unholy darkness over the sun, harnessing the magical dark properties of the partial eclipse to his will, and harvesting the energies of the conflagrant beams of light from this ever-burning star, to lay his foes to ashen waste.

The forced partial eclipse opens a crack in the gates of hell, letting loose abysmal magical forces oozing of inhumane carnage beyond man's wildest nightmares, from far below. These forces can give birth to unheard-of abominations with god-awful capabilities.

Suspends all enemies' and allies (if it even exists via any yet-unseen spell/buff) regenerations by depriving them of the vital energies of the proprietor and benefactor of carbon life on earth, the sun. Secreting and containing the energy of sun and keeping the sunrays at bay, together with unimaginable life bonds required to unleash demonic creatures, cost gravely for the necromancer.

This law-breaking immense ritual requires a substantial amount of 5 Mana and 30 Health per second of keeping active and can be held up to 20 seconds. Under the effects of it, and empowered by the desecrating black powers absorbed from it by the necromancer, skeletons merge into a colossal diabolic being of incomparably higher power and intellect. This appalling arcanist (user of lost or unknown magic) can be called Atrocity, Diabolic Anomaly, Hellfiend etc etc. Let's say Hellfiend.

Hellfiend has an unreal amount of Mana equal to Spellpower x number of skeletons (present at the beginning moment of spell) and casts "Mana Wring". An unknown spell to human petty wizardry, with very short cooldown, high cost and a lasting effect. It carries an iniquitously terrible aura as well, namely "Anathema":

>> 1.) Mana Wring: Any enemy who tries to access powers of arcane in the presence of the Hellfiend, will be put to silence for 3 seconds (unable to cast) and receive Shadow damage equal to 6 times the Mana cost of the spell (I hope boss spells don't cost too little) applied every 0.5 seconds to match the silence effect's duration. While, ironically, burning by shadows the target receives 15% more Shadow and Fire damages and 15% less Water and Magic. (Gives me ideas of "combined" or "super-elements". Something native to magic from Hell only? Oh lordy...) (OK, it kinda happened again. Shooting a new idea uncontrollably that is. Moved the idea down to extras section.)

>> 2.) Anathema: A repulsive cloak of oppressive melancholy enfolds hostile victims in the medium range of this aura suffocating them with disconsolation. Covers anyone on Hellhound's side with a bizarre feeling of mental robustness instead.

Enemies who attack allies under the effect of this aura will lose 5 Mana per each attempt (successful attack or not) and their spells cost 200% Mana to cast. If an enemy has no Mana, he loses necromancer's team's collective Spellpower x 1/10 Health instead.

Allies' magical skills (any Mana costing skill) costs 2 less Mana to cast. (Excludes necro's holding up this effect.)

Penumbral Sacrament can only be cast during day; only once per day (or once per fight). Upon deactivation, either by reaching the maximum 20 seconds or necromancer choosing to let it go anywhere midway, will re-unleash the stockpiled solar energies held back and captive by the necromancer, and deal 21 - number of seconds it was held in effect x [(Spellpower + Character Level)/25) Fire damage to all enemies in the battlefield. This exists to provide option between keeping the buff/debuff of Hellfiend's existence or dealing damage for the necromancer, who might not want to suffer the strenuous costs of upholding it to the end.

N - 4:
Undeath Cataclysm

Lets loose the death-defying bellows of the restless revenants from underworld urging to return to the land of living once more, to be heard across the battlefield. Encouraging his minions and leaving his enemies in bleak fright.

After several seconds, as blood of enemy and foe drips, and permeates the earth, revenants shall start arising from beneath the battleground each having a short-lived return empowered by the necromancer's magic binding them with those blood droplets (duration could depend on necromancer’s stats).

Fresh blood of potent beings such as the heroic allies and the deadly enemies now in battle, makes for dread zombies with potent stats and capabilities. Requires full attention of the necromancer to stay in effect.

Force-starts the Apocalypse. A terrorizing echoing of lamenting cries is heard. For 30 seconds enemies have 10% less internal stats (Armor penetration, Critical chance and Critical multiplier, etc etc, choices are yours)

Per each allied unit whose hp fell under 80% just once, a dreadful zombie will arise at their feet randomly fighting any enemy at hand that it sees, unless aggro'd.

Carrying an aura of decomposition making enemy units in his immediate vicinity lose 1% of max Health every 2 seconds, each dread zombie is more than capable of controlling aggro from its surroundings, mass and single target both, to a very good extent. Dread zombies' attacks procc Poison damage.

The demonic sprites/wights (archaic terms) that have yet to find binding within a body with blood, roam the battlefield flying about as ghastly apparitions dealing Shadow damage and disheartening foes with wails of sorrow.

Summons 5 ghastly wights to roam the battle zone each dealing 1.5 x caster’s Spellpower Shadow damage every time they converge with enemies and reduce enemies’ Shadow Resistance by 25%.

The grand spell requires constant concentration and control, ergo it is a full-time channeling one for 30 seconds. If necromancer let's go of the channeling process, conjured revetments will vanish and debuffs subside.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> ASSASSIN <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

A - 1:
Parallel Eidola

The sheer breadth of a master of the art of death's relentless, principled combat trainings of both form and frame (mind and body), perfected through thousands of years and hundreds of generations, allows unleashing potential wells of stamina dormant within his/her body that he has unknowingly grown and developed.

The assassin taps into his physique's immeasurable potential. Over time, he gains a speed unmatched under the reign of sun. He thereafter performs and moves so fast that to any untrained eye, he leaves living breathing images behind. One might say, relative to our perception of time, he does indeed achieve ubiquity.

Upon activation, the assassin holds his next attack mid-execution for 3 seconds (here shows a slight Haste bar indicating he is stiffening his main joints and muscles to initiate the phase)

After that, the phase grants assassin +5 Agility, +5% Movement speed, +10% Attack speed and -7% (reduced) aggro generation every 2 seconds while under this effect. Suggested 20 seconds to last. At last second he has 10 times each of those values.

Reduced aggro is meant to give freedom to use this advantageous state, and also due to the existence of the eidola that confuse enemy and disable them from getting aggro'd by the real assassin.

When the 20th second has arrived, the skill's matured effects last 7 seconds. During which, every 0.5 a second one, or two (randomly, suggesting of different paces of bursting speed) Parallel Eidola pop into existence close to him, attacking same target as assassin and fading away quickly. The animation is unimportant since it's just an effect. No real body to perform an animation.

With each appearance target receives Agility + Strength damage with same armor penetration as the assassin, and with a pre-defined constant 35% of assassin's own Critical chance. (There are, so to speak, 3 of him, so each have ~1/3 and each take of his aggro, hence he loses 70% of it.)

The animation/effect I have in mind is the starting moment of mirror image, without assassin himself disappearing or anything, just random images very quickly appearing and disappearing around him. I’m sure you can come up with that and more.

During the 7 seconds (or halfway) of the spell bearing the eidolon effect, assassin loses 1 Strength and 1% Attack speed per each 3 successful attack by himself, and 1 more per each 3 instances of an eidolon appearing and striking, as the aftereffect of this most painstaking physical endeavor. The negative effect lasts 20 seconds subsequent to the phase's termination ( and can be administered after the spell has ended, to prevent conflicting with how much damage each eidolon should deal).

Separating the 20 second and the 7 second is to distinguish this from some kind of magical ritual. Suddenly vanishing into thin air and out; or suddenly coming up with physically existing mirror images (like a cliche warcraft Blademaster or any other instances) is not the realist approach to an assassin's execution of a skill.

A - 2:
Concussive Combo

Alt names:
Multistep/Concussive Blows

Assassin’s predominance in close-range survival combat is known to and by a few. Already breaking past normal boundaries, assassin’s masterfully executed strikes now leave no “safe point” in his entire circumference.

Whenever an opponent presumably evades one of assassin’s blows either one of these can occur:

>> The assassin’s foresight and knowledge of anatomy combined with a burst of nonpareil stamina and combat efficiency enables his subsequent attack to have a 45% chance to land on a pressure point and deal Agility x 2 bonus damage (pure damage, ignoring armor and any possible resistances). It removes 5% of the damage dealt in this strike, as the effect of a malfunctioning pressure point/nerve center.

This subsequent attack also comes much faster than a normal one, perhaps shown by a 100% Attack speed increase for one following attack.

>> Assassin follows with a pre-intended heavy blow that deals 100% critical with a 0.5 second concussion/stagger (same on bosses). The concussion’s aftereffect leaves target unable to have full jurisdiction over his reflexes and/or disarms him temporarily.

For 2 seconds, target’s Attack speed is reduced by 40%. He will miss 40% of the time. Any next procc or critical by this enemy is ignored by whoever holds his aggro (the main tank).

A - 3:
Killer's Instinct

Alt names:
Death Pulse, Killing Intent, Malevolent Drive, Sakki (Japanese), Killer’s Presence, Bloodlust (less likely), Killer Instinct (less likely) [I know "Killer Instinct" can mean a coupla different things, but it's a word play intended, and I think anyone would understand that. It's just an alt name anyway.]

Amongst the most arduous trainings awaiting an apprentice of the silent art of elimination, is that of the mind. A perfect assassin has fully mastered the way to entirely wipe his presence, both of mind and body, from the plate of reality, and to mingle with the shadows; hiding his killing intent towards his enemy and never alarming them. As that would be the act of the foolish warrior.

Regardless, with assassin’s level of mastery over his drives, the opposite is also quite possible. Controlling, escalating, focusing, releasing and aiming/intending his malign intent at the victim leaves them with a hint of looming eminent threat.

A very difficult to perform target spell that can only be cast when in Stealth mode and needs a good deal of concentration (takes originally 7 seconds to cast). Does not break Stealth or gain aggro, as the victim only perceives this deathly intent only via sixth sense.

>> For 15 seconds target is highly alert and the first ally to charge at the target will have 200% aggro.
>> For 20 seconds the target will not aim any of his casts on or around assassin.
>> For 15 seconds target receives 150% damage from assassin, has 20% shrunk Mana pool and cannot ignore stuns.

A - 4:
Raven Soar

Alt names:
Shadow Plunge, Black Dash, Raven Aspire (soar), Phantom Dive, Black Crescent, Reaper's Hew (less likely) Prowler's Death Glaive (less likely), Raven Crest (less likely coz ravens don't have crests unfortunately)

Holding his arms crossed in front and pointing to sides, ready to slash away at will, assassin takes a tremendous leap, hacking any who dares a taste of his blade, and is standing in the reach of this forward leap.

The murky blur of an afterimage he leaves behind with the dust and blood on air as he prowls the umbras and lurks in and out of view, and his arms slanted and stretches out behind him pointing down and his head tilted up after slashing down his foes, resembles a raven, especially its "crest" and wings. Hence gaining it the name. A sight only beheld when a malevolent dual-wielding agent of shadows runs rampant through the battlefield.

Cast-able at 500 Range. Ground target cast. Creates a tunnel of blackish afterimage. Slashes enemies asunder for Attack power x 1.5 in a medium-width line in front of him. The massive speed leaves the affected units with 50% Movement speed for 5 seconds.

If this spell is targeted it will also land assassin behind enemy. Deals twice as much damage if cast during game time's "night". If it's cast from within stealth, will return assassin "into the shades" again. I'm suggesting it can be merged with Into the Shades somehow, such as forcing assassin into stealth after he travels the distance or such.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> MONK <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

M - 1:
Animistic Illuminati

Focuses the energies of all animate and inanimate objects around, even the earth beneath, and borrows it to bolster his Qi.

When activated, with each attack or curse tick on a target under "divine fist" debuff (even if not successful) monk gains 2% of his original Health, 2 Agility, 1 Intelligence and 1.5 Armor rating and 4 Mana. A total of 20 attacks stackable. The matured effect lasts 20 extra seconds, under which he has also 20% extra chance to procc with his weapon, starting from the moment of maturation.

Upon manual deactivation or ending, monk finds himself very shortly devoid of energy. All stats (Health, Armor rating, Mana, main stats) reduced by 15% and -15% to All Resistances for 10 seconds. (Or simply an increment of 20% in all damage reception).

Perfect time to use stone skin to opt out of the extra vulnerability. Plus adds extra caution to monk gameplay which is 70% idle auto-attack.

The amount of Mana used while under buff will be reduced from the bonus mana this skill provided (opposite to necro's N-1 Thanatos Incarnate Health reduction).

E.g.: 180/180 Mana --buff-> 260/260. 100 Mana used under the buff. Returns to (260 - 100)/180. Means 160 left. Same deal for Health. Helps with monk's slight "low Mana" gameplay problem.

M - 2:
Exact/Expunge Dukkha (Suffering)

A target spell that can be cast upon oneself or an enemy target at will. Mastered after years of deep physical, psychological and ideological trainings to better his understandings of human state. (Exact here means to inflict, like 'exact revenge'.)

When cast upon target, (max Health - current Health) aka Health loss suffered by all team members around the monk by a formula governed by intelligence and agility, is multiplied, and dealt on the target, dispersing in a wide area around it (aoe). Also intercepting any spells the target was casting. (Monk has to cast it with prudent timing to maximize the effects.)

When cast upon self, will relief his sufferings by healing himself by Spellpower x 9 and healing others by Spellpower x 3; and providing 10% Haste and attack speed to all for 30 seconds.

Haste boost really brings out and points at how well monk + mage types mesh together for team dps boost thanks to divine fist.

A possible replacement and improvement of burst of light, to distinguish a monk-unique gameplay.

M - 3:
Auspices of Nirvana

Alt names:
Auspices of the Enlightened

I have to admit. I find it hard to come up with some good and unique stuff for monk, specifically because I left him near the end unwillingly. This one is also a last resort thing I'm writing while very tired. I set it my goal to improve this post as much as I can on the last day. So monk had only two spells and I wanted to add one more.

I mean this as a customized, monk-version evolution of Confidence aura, following and like SH-1 is for bishop.

>> 20% Shadow, Magic, and Lightning resistance. These are more on the spiritual side.

>> 10% Poison, Water, Fire resistance. These are more on the physical side.

>> 7% for others and 15% for monk himself, to cause the "spiritual" group's elements damage input to be tamed under the spiritually liberating effects of Nirvana, (a state of ultimate release from sufferings and bindings of mortal life) and be released as aoe around the ally that was targeted by the Elemental damage. Damage is in same element and the aggro is monk's, no matter around who it explodes.

>> Governed by release from samsara, the eternal circle of life and death, as one of the most prominent effects of achieving Nirvana, grants 100% chance affecting both monk and his allies to instantly return back to life once killed "by an enemy". Full Health, no Mana and a reset aggro meter, just like Resurrect. Applied only once in fight, and only once per ally (revived ally wont receive it for a second time).

This and SH-4 Sanctify's resurrect buff are meant as an optional possible method to enable getting rid of "Resurrect" spell if anyone wants to. With the coming spells, that might be very needed since as any monk player has noticed, monk is already at a borderline where he has to sacrifice and forget about one of his good spells per anything new he wants to have. Choosing between Stone Skin, Resurrect, Burst of Light, and even the Confidence aura is really difficult.

To purchase/gain this upgrade to Confidence aura, you need to have Resurrect and the Confidence both.

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> HUNTER <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

H - 1:
Ken

Matchless perception developed by harmonizing with nature and unwittingly studying the intrinsic, instinctive complex behaviors of the creatures of wilderness grants the huntress the most unique and sensual observation skills and a high acumen.

An ability that when enabled concentrates the mind of the huntress on the target she last attacked (or can just be target cast). The huntress will have 40% less Attack speed, 30% increased damage reception (Elemental and Physical) and half Armor penetration value as she starts analyzing the target’s body language and complex behaviors, for a 12-second duration, and must stay still (moving will cancel the process).

When the process is successfully completed, the huntress will have complete foresight on target’s next actions, movements and weak points (much like how a seasoned huntress will always hit her target, ignoring their evasion skills by knowing how and where to they tend to evade).

Any next non-Elemental cast by huntress or her servant will 100% hit the target’s most vital weak spot and push him into a feeble state of dementia for 12 seconds with following implications:

>> Enemy target affected will gain 40% attack speed for 12 seconds but his next 24 attacks will miss 100%. (A high speed attacker boss can actually gain a bit of edge here. Intended.)
>> Target is gravely weakened, predicted and is deprived of 70% of their Evasion and huntress's Attack power x 1/3 of Armor rating.
>> Any critical Physical damage on the target done by allies other than huntress herself, will have a 60% chance to cause a long-term bleeding effect based on their own Attack power.
>> Huntress has 100% Critical chance and Evasion on the specified target. Long cooldown.

H - 2:
Amour Propre

As the definition of the phrase suggests, a hunter or huntress does not gain the favor and loyalty of powerful beasts of nature by cheesy selfless love or devotion; but by self-esteem. Since for a free creature of the hunt, that is the only value worth being willingly subdued to and granting his/her ties of alliance.
(A total overhaul of Pack Leader aura:)

>> Allies around hunter use her innate sensual and perceptional skills as guidance to avoid enemy attacks:

+12% Evasion. +7% chance to receive only 60% of any Elemental hostile skills.

>> Allies look up to the path of individual merit and liberty the huntress has trodden. With her allegiance lying with none but her “self“ granting her ultimate freedom, and her homage lying with the source of all life, mother nature alone, she serves as the protagonist exemplar:

Whenever an ally or herself performs a critical damage (spell or attack alike) their next damage output of exact same type* 1 will have (100 - ally’s related* 2 Critical chance) to do a “limit-breaker” critical, doing outright 300% damage. This critical itself will not trigger this aura effect (time limit does this anyway). Can only happen every 20 seconds.

(Critical formula helps prevent the already-strong getting OP while helping the weaker ones like casters gain a little advantage.)
* 1: If it was a cast, then next cast; if it was an attack, then next attack (OR like below, separate casters and attackers and implement the aura to spells only for casters, attack only for attackers
* 2: If the ally is a caster (Spellpower > Strength and Spellpower > Agililty) then use Critical chance on spells/Elemental only, if other way around, use Physical Critical chance.

>> Ultimately unforced and guileless bond of trust between huntress and her companion servant of nature, is well-thought-of and most vaunted amongst her comrades; elevating their auras towards the huntress with into new heights, with heartfelt aspiration:

All allied auras affecting huntress has 20% more potency and duration. Her own auras are not subject to this. This serves "in other's views" aspect of amour propre's concept.

H - 3:
Apex Predator

Seeing as it is hard to suggest replacing of some of the already useful skills in most of the characters, especially hunter here, I’m thinking of fusing skills and defining conditions under which the servant of nature will evolve, in an ultimate, one-time event.

If servant of nature has <insert amount of any stats here>, and if all three of “Servant of Nature”, “Claw Strike” and “Beast Fury” are present in the huntress’s book of skills, a merging purchasable/attainable skill would fuse the skills into a large regal White Tiger/Golden Tiger with ferocious stats that automatically casts claw strike and beast fury (beast fury only when enemy channeling is detected). Can grant huntress the “Regal Roar” that grants allies an attack power boon.

Wanna know something funny? I just reached 100,000 character post limit as I was still scratching my head and rubbing my chin adding new stuff. The reason the thread is cut in two halves, and also the reason I'm making a new thread about items later, called same but Part 2/2.
Tsk. The world isn't ready for me yet.
aa6o_th.jpg

Also I have now literally less than 60 minutes only to prepare for move... Be VERY thankful this happened! It stopped me from going on forever.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm whittling away at my time just by perfecting this. I really won't have any more time to even shower before we start loading and moving if I edit this too fancy or wanna even beginning refining the ideas. Sorry, take it just as it is. Some can be really important.

Apeendices and Extras:

<><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><> EXTRA <><> <><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><>

Stareomancy

(It's just an idea that I dunno where to put or how to implement, unless for instance, passives are moved out of spellbooks.)
A druid and a sorcerer's combined presence (or another duo or trio even), marks a collaborative mastery over the 4 primary elements that in its entirety is beyond the reach of a single individual.
An activated aura when the two classes are in medium to close range of one another. The aura grants 10% boost in Lightning, Water, Fire and Magic (there is no earth, so. Magic is also pretty left out.) damage dealt (or critical chance on spells from those elements) and 10% of same elements' resistances of any teammate within range.

Enhance/Enchant/Unleash

A skill added to backpack that together with one or more very unique and rare things dropped from high-end bosses, will grant intensified stats to an item. Prolly not very practical what with the code limitations and whatnot.

Would have to drop the item, keep the prerequisites in backpack, and cast this on the item. 50% chance of successful upgrading of the item by 5% of all its stats (rounded up). It still is saved to the owner.

I could suggest either very very intense conditions to gain this or only some classes to even be able to hold this skill. For instance, sorcerer and monk only, having magical capabilities, could perform the procedure. Or only the pure 5 (sorcerer, crusader, hunter, bishop, assassin).

If chosen to give this to the pure 5, obviously something equal of value and uniqueness must be given to the hybrid 5 too. That is, if we take it everyone with a pure class will help others with their hybrid ones to gain an enhanced gear set.

Can be only applicable to for instance, armors and main weapons. Or just to red items (I dunno the kind of upgrade coming for them though) Or any other selection.

I want to also suggest a hidden spellbook embedded within the main spellbook. A secretive space where you can touch your inner potential with some enticing icon designs for high-end spells would feel uber cool.
You can access it either by (1st) purchasing and using a spell (with certain limitations, like it can only be opened when in battle, etc); or (2nd) by some sort of chanced trigger (like CD reset).

A 3rd possible way to access it (in case of casters) would be to consume all mana to a number when you cannot cast even your lowest-costing spell and then it appears. Taking you to a new menu with a limited number of abilities, than can cost "HP" to cast, or both hp and mp (will force mindful usage of mana pots).

a 4th but less likely way would be, that when you cast your "dungeon skill" which is sort of an ultimate skill for each character, its button turns into a portal-like icon for a limited period of time (instead of showing the cooldowned skill itself) and only at that time you can access your hidden potentials via this portal into your deep subconscious. With this implemented you for example can set 12, as the new abilities’ overall number limit, or anything you like.

It doesn't have to be voluntarily escapable with the Esc button. It can be a timed, forced, chanced state that will give you a certain amount of time to benefit from access to skills that visibly stand head and shoulders above your everyday fighting prowess. It can be accompanied with visual effects of sorts, to also make aware your team mates that you have entered this state and let them take coordinative measures if necessary.

When the time runs out it will simply go back to normal spellbook. Perhaps it could be an exclusive feature of a hero that has gone through that "rebirth" process? :)

Look I tried to stop myself, honestly. This just barged into my head:

We have five actual elements, right? Right. Poison is just poison. So if you say, out of five elements, make pairs of three, in a way that no element meets another twice, then you can come up with only "two" unique combos. For example, if we take them as A B C D E, there can only be abc and cde, under that rule.

These combos have to be found out under high difficulty and directed by a grand endgame grinding quests to discover (and produce perhaps, warfare imbued with them) this "super-element" (super means above, higher. Not in the informally spoken sense of it). Imagine some kinda drop like an orb containing elemental essence of all six (each dropping from a badass boss who's the grand master of that element) and people have to gather it all and test them out with expensive recipes at some kind of magical apparatus, (where it can give you weird experimental results as well as a side bonus).

When you find the combos you can forge epically made warfare of matchless quality with the super-element orb thingie and... wow. Please tell me you're liking the sound of all this too.

Now what I have in mind is Light and Dark or Yang and Yin (yes exactly those names. Come on world, it's about time you realized the greatness of these concepts! Even if it's Chinese based. @_@). Death and Life, the opposite extremes. And these 3 elements are the ONLY things that can seriously damage Gaia? Her being the mother of the gods of legend, and the titan paragon and cardinal procreator and aaaaaaall that drama? Wait. Am I reading too far into the game? Hah!

The third will be the combo of those two. Called "Nature" or life, or creation etc. You see, the world is not about dark or light, it's about how the combination of these two work. It's death that gives conception to life and life that does same to death. (Anyway I don't wanna explain the perspective here.) So this is absolutely conceptually coherent. I can even suggest a both dark and light version of the third and final super-element, for those who want to tread either of the paths. OK I'm getting off-topic and its fruitless to go further not even knowing how this all sounds to you or if it even has the slimmest chance of being used or not.

To make a summary of things, I’d like to metnion a certain thing almost all of us felt when we started Gaia’s for the first time and bought our first skill. We wondered what would happen if we bought it or the ones we already have, again? We wished it was upgradable, and we very fondly looked forward to the idea of power farming to get those upgrades. I definitely did; very earnestly. And I remember a coupla others I boost-leveled, asking and expressing they wished very hopefully that it would be so. When I told them no, it was a letdown.

In light of which, I tried to insert some of the spells designed here as an evolution of improvement status of the currently existing ones (plus not willing to flood with new lame spells). It could sit very well with a certain rebirth feature. And make some wishes come true. (◑‿◐)

That along with the hidden spellbook effect, are my two suggestions to move skills forward in Gaia’s, without having to remove dearly needed current spells.

Furthermore, on a very far-fetched note, if mana could be swapped for “stamina” in a character’s stats bar under hp (like a green number rather than blue mana), when it comes to assassin, berserker, hunter etc…, it would truly distinguish their and the casters’ gameplay, while leaving both feeling superbly unique. Plus there will be no more “overlapping” edges (like why would an assassin use same power as a mage to perform his skills).
Consequentially, a variety in potions does not feel bad at all either, each with their own balancing of cooldowns. This could open some window to new spells and items and probably need a lot of work to completely overhaul some stuff in game, I know. But I really wanna know if it’s possible.

Don’t get me wrong. I went for endgame but I’m not implying I want Gaia to end any time soon. Quite the opposite.
Gaia’s a bitch! (Indicating Gaia is life)
Now that’s some punny nice idea for a T-shirt isn’t it? (Oへo)
Peace ✌

Last edited:
Level 29
TL;DR edition:
D for dudu, i mean Druid
D-1: A super-summon that exists for 60 seconds and has Monsoon, Create Illusion and Tidal Wave abilities. At summon it applies a tricky buff called 'Watercage' to units within range that also exists for 60 sec. This buff:
-Aspd,Poison res,Lightning res by -20%
-Ms,Fire res,Shadow res,water res by +40%, armor rating +10%
D-2: Entangle for friendlies. Target immobilized, unable to cast and unhealable for 8 sec.
Gains 25% all res, 40% lightning res, exact 45 armor rating, health regen equal to 1x spellpower, mana regen equal to 1/30x spellpower, regen is applied every 0.3 sec.
D-3: All healing spells heal entire group with amount going down by 20% for each groupie, for duration(unspecified) at double the mana-cost. Max. 4, min 2. people required to use healing spells. Doesnt work healing minions or self.
Z for Berserker
Z-1: Next 6 strikes have full AP and +100% splash radius. Each blow has a chance to apply a +20 physical dmg taken debuff on target(s) that stands for 7 sec. The debuff can stack once, doubling the amount. Whilst using this Lightning Grip duration +1.5 sec.
Z-2: Passive. According to OP its meant to replace Parry.
At >25% HP and a legendary weapon(why?) in hand has chance to absorb next incoming element damage and apply that element type's damage equal to 1x attack power at next strike.
18% to parry and physical att.
12% to block a melee physical att for -40% dmg and reflect back to target for 125% of its damage.
8% to auto-use an bastardized version of Heavens Edge. Takes sama mana causes only half dmg and same AoE.
Z-3: When Berserker rage reaches full stack gains a super-dmg buff based on STR x25+AGI x 15 for 6 sec. If his damage dealt doesnt fall below a threshold(unclear) during this 6 sec he gains a buff for 15 sec that grants the following:
Ignores all stun, debuff and heals(except healing pot)
+35% physical damage taken
+250% increased threat generation
+50% ability crit
+300% crit multiplier on all abilities
Heavens Edge ignores armor and 75% chance to stun for 4 sec.
Maximum Fire, Water, Lightning res
Skill itself has an 300 sec cd. There can be only 1 of this skill active at a time.
B for Bard
B-1: Target is fully healed and +75% resist against 3 elements that is randomized each time. Target fully absorbs physical damage for 12 sec. The absorbed damage is applied with +75% on spell end. Cant stack with Divine Shield.
B-2: AoE spell. 15% chance to miss for 5 sec. Cooldown 20, when re-used within 3 sec of cd finish has side effect of additional 3%chance to hit and %5 mana drained from targets. Side effects stack up to 5 times. If maximum side effect stack possible is reached duration(current or next cast?) extended to 25 seconds and 5min cd.
B-3: (can skills effect drop tables at all?) Single target buff for thievery skill. Increases chance to get something useful out of a drop table instead junk by [1/2 Character Level + (5 x (total Agility/total Strength))]/100 of caster. If bard is lorekeeper 5/5 will grant second item drop chance increased to 100% and affects quality of second drop as well. Can activate only in combat.
B-4a: Doubles main attribute of an ally for 10 sec, bard himself has an random attribute doubled.
Cd of 45 sec.
Suggests as alternative approach to have 50% on activation to double bard's main attribute too.
Secondary alternative suggestion involves spellstealing a random buff on the target for bard. However instead stealing duplicates it for bard.
B-4b: Cast a buff on target that doubles the duration of all other buffs cast on it. However he takes it up to eleven suggesting it to affect everything from auras to passives.
B-5a: Takes 3 mana on every ally in combat and gives it to the one in group with least current mana. Is channeled for 15 sec.
B-5b: Grants a buff for each boss slain, suggesting you to farm the easiest 30 times to gain a boatload of effects >>'
B-5c: When an groupie's health drops >20%, damage is taken by whomever has highest health and/or armor. Again is channeled for 15 sec.
S for Sorceror
S-1: May not be possible to code.
Places an AoE 'time-bubble' that exists for 15 sec. Every action that has been performed(damage taken, distance travelled etc..) under the bubble is undone after 7 sec. At last 5 sec. an energy ball unit appears out of nowhere and has to be dirigated towards either:
-self: restore 50% mana, gain +30% spellhaste, +30 INT
-hostile: -30% mana, -50% spellhaste, deals 6.5xspellpower damage and the damage has a chance to 'crit' dealing damage to all around in a self-AoE pulse affecting up to 7 targets.
Energy ball exists for 3 sec. itself. If sorc fails to dirigate the ball will explode freezing all within radius.
S-2: Says auto-cast but it can only work as passive. Each direct-dmg spell reduces target's resistance to that element by -1% and +1% mana cost against target with this debuff. Spells of opposite sphere of applied debuff will hit the target for whooping +70% mana cost.
S-3: After a target with soaked debuff is hit by a meteor spell, every Lightning charge crit on this unfortunate victim produces a ball-lightning.
Each ball lightning stuns the target for 2sec on vanish.
Those ball-lightnings have a lifespan of 8sec and maximum 3 at a time.
S-4: When Lightning Charge is used on ally with Fire shield the shield evolves into a different spell that:
reflects next elemental dmg spell back to target with lightning dmg,grants +60% ms and aspd, apply fire and lightning damage to mooks striking the groupie for 0.3x spellpower with 10% on each dmg application to get stunned for 1 sec, at cost of -30 hp and -4 mana every 3 sec.
C for Crusader
C-1: 'Spell-taunt'. Affected mooks next harmful spell will target the Crusader. However the spell will crit(100%). Affected mooks have a %5 chance to run away for 10 sec instead and with 15% chance debuffs the crusader, causing physical attackers to have +20% aspd. Reduces everyones aggro in the group by 25% on use.
C-2: Parry evolves into hardskin with a lot of imba shenanigans attached to it.
C-3: A buff that differs effects dependant on who it has been cast to.
self: temporarily invulnerable against physical dmg and 200% aggro generation for 8 sec. Hand of God cast on self multiplies by 4x the magic damage bonus granted by Celestial Zeal for 15 sec. The quintupled magic damage splashes infront of the character with shape of a cone for duration.
ally: -70% physical and shadow dmg taken for 15 sec. Aggro of ally transferred to crusader for duration.
C-4: Actively used. Grants 3 + [Attack power/100) x ((Intelligence + Strength) / 100)] chance on every shield block to provide 300% attack speed for the next 5 attacks and apply -90% aspd, -20% armor rating, -30% haste to that blocked attacker. Each time 300% aspd occurs leaves a debuff on target that increases the chances of occurring by 3% against that target. For skill duration the Shield Slam deals the shield's own Armor rating x (Strength / 6) as bonus damage and push back target for 200-300 distance.
SH for bishop
SH-1: Supposed to upgrade for Confidence Aura. Incoming elemental damage will be neutralized in an aoe of 200 to 250 range, for all groupies within every 45 sec. Also Bishop gains 25% chance to suffer only half of incoming physical attacks, for the resisted 50% to converted into self-heal, this can occur no more than once every 45 sec. Enhances aura base effects by +20% allres, +1hp/sec regen, +10% evasion.
SH-2a: After a casting time of 12 sec, begins channelling a pillar of light for 25 seconds, that burst heals everyone for spellpower x 7 only twice, on summon and on death. Whilst channeling the first 5 seconds bishop is invul and rest of duration has 50% resist to any damage.
SH-2b: The pillar heals only the bishop. Those who are standing inside the light can randomly gain one of those 7 buffs:
- Next single-target buff performed by this character will affect 2 more targets that are randomly chosen and have to be nearby the character. +20% main attribute. Lasts 20sec.
- Will absorb the next incoming attack of any type and becomes untargettable for next hostile debuff. Overall +25 crit multiplier for 30 sec.
- Immune to next stun effect. Gains +15% aspd and haste for 2 min when the stun evaded.
- Generate no aggro for 20 sec. (wtf!) Next pot consumption doesnt trigger cd on pot.
- Next mook to attack this character dies instantly on spot (wtf!x2) Allies around are healed for 7xthe dying mook's maximum health/count of healable in group. (even more silly:) An boss can target someone with this and then boss will hurt himself for 7xdamage in shadow element instead. Next direct-dmg spell crit restores mana for group equal to 3% of its damage.
- Receives free extra item from boss drop table right into the inventory upon slaying a boss with this buff on. Also receives an extra mc when if applicable.
- +33% armor and evasion value for 20 sec. At each evasion grants a buff that 33% of next incoming melee damage is reflected back to attacker as half-split physical/shadow damage. Lasts 20 sec.
Each of those buffs can be received only once per pillar cast.
SH-3: Spirit link with a twist that lasts for 20 sec. Any healing on self will heal self for 20% of original amount and +80% atop that on everyone else.
SH-4: Any positively effecting single target spell castable on allies gains 20% chance to dispell a debuff on the target, granting him a buff, rendering him immune to next one of dispelled kind. This buff exists for 15 sec. Also grants the very same spells 3% chance to apply another buff that allows target to reincarnate. Granting the %3 buff costs 25 mana upfront, cant happen more than twice on same ally during a fight and doesnt function at all if bishop has >76 mana
N for Necromancer
N-1: Single target spell that can leave one of the following on targeted hostile:
- -25% max hp as long as target current hp remains over 40% of original health amount. Applies silence, cant inflict elemental damage, stun cannot proc.
- -25% attpower and aspd for 15 sec. May trigger fear every 5 sec, which causes it to run away from the fight in a random direction.
- +20% cd on all actively used skills. Disables all combat passives. -90% haste.
If the creature doesnt suffer enough damage during time period the debuff is on, tables turn and gains one of the following buffs automatically after:
- +5% HP and armor rating
- +10% aspd and +15 arp
- Overall +5% crit chance, +10% crit multiplier, +10% haste.
Skeletons gain 3x damage when this is cast.
N-2: When cast on a gravestone, that dead guy is resurrected 200% faster. Cd of 60 sec. When ressed under effect of this will stand up with 75% mana and all skills on 3/4 cd remaining.
N-3: Merges all skeletons into one, forming the skeletal voltran. Skeletal voltran has an mana-flare-like spell, an reversed-vampirism aura for mana only and a mana pool of necromancer's spellpower x number of skeletons.
The spell silences for 3sec and deals shadow damage over time equal to 6x mana cost of spell every 0.5 sec. Whilst under effect of this dot will receive +15% shadow, fire dmg and -15% water, arcane dmg.
The aura drains 5 mana on every incoming attack, applies 200% mana cost to all hostile spells. If the mook doesnt have mana, he loses necromancer's spellpower x 1/10 Health on each attack. All friendly spells cost exact -2 mana(oh, sweet! :p) within aura.
Voltran requires to be Channeled for 5 mana, 30 HP sec. over 20 sec. Can break channeling. Upon reaching the end, voltran departs exploding violently for 21 - number of seconds it was held in effect x [(Spellpower + Character Level)/25) Fire damage.
N-4: All enemies have 10% less stats for 30 sec. Summons 5 ghosts that freeroam the battlefield(define area), those deal 1.5 x caster’s spellpower shadow dmg and apply -25% shadow resist to each time passing through a hostile. For each ally falling beneath 80% health a free zombie is created at his position attacking the nextbest target. Zombies apply poison and can generate aggro. Projects an aura degenerating units caught within for -1% of their max health every 2 sec. Must be channeled.
A for Assaasin
A-1: Extends next attack duration for 3 sec. Then grants +5 Agility, +5% Movement speed, +10% Attack speed and -7% aggro generation every 2 sec, over 20 sec. After that every 0.5 sec applies Agility + Strength dmg, with same arp and +35% crit chance, over 7 sec. During this 7 sec. character temporarily loses 1 str and 1% aspd every 3 attack made and 1 more every 1.5 sec. Those accumulated maluses last for 20sec afterwards.
A-2: Whenever assassin evades an incoming attack one of those effects occur:
- 45% chance to deal Agility x 2 bonus damage
- Double aspd for next strike
- Guaranteedly crits on next attack, applying concussion for 1 sec and disarms.
- Target's aspd is -40% for 2 sec and he will miss next attack with +40% chance. Next crit or passive proc made by this hostile is ignored.
A-3: Needs Stealth. For 20 seconds target doesnt aim any spell on assassin, for 15 seconds first ally to attack this target will generate 200% of normally possible aggro from attacking this unit otherwise. Also receives +150% dmg from assassin attacks, 20% reduced mana and cannot ignore a stun. This skill doesnt break stealth or generate aggro.
A-4: Charges a distance up to 500. Hostiles that happen to be in certain range of character, during charge receive attack power x 1.5 physical dmg and have -50% ms for 5 sec. Deals double damage during night. Can be used in stealth and wont break after use.
M for Monk
M-1: With each attack and curse tick, monk gains 2% of his original Health, 2 Agility, 1 Intelligence and 1.5 Armor rating and 4 Mana up to a stack of 20. On skill end suffers: All stats (Health, Armor rating, Mana, main stats) reduced by 15% and -15% to All Resistances for 10 seconds.
M-2:
When cast on self: Heals for spellpower x 9 and heals everyone else for sp x 3. +10% haste and aspd to all for 30 sec.
When cast on hostile: Damage multiplied through (unclear formula) is dealt to target, applied in aoe around target too. Interrupts spellcast.
M-3: upgrade to Confidence aura. +20% shadow, arcane and lightning res. +10% poison, water, fire res, grants 100% chance affecting both monk and his allies, allows instantly return back to life once killed with full health, no mana and a reset aggro meter, free resurrect passive(wtfx9000). Applied only once in fight, and only once per ally (revived ally wont receive it for a second time).
H for hunter
H-1: Target can suffer:
- Next 24 attacks of this mook will guaranteedly miss at cost of +40% aspd for 12 sec.
- -70% evasion and additional equal to hunter's attack power x 1/3 of Armor rating.
- Groupie critting on target leaves a dot with its dmg calculated over his own arp.
- Hunter guaranteedly crits and evades against that target.
at cost of -40% aspd, +30% received dmg, half arp during an 12 sec. precast that requires to remain stationary. Long cd.
H-2: overhaul of pack leader aura. +12% evasion, 7% chance on each incoming elemental spell to receive 60% of its dmg.
Whenever somebody crits under the aura, will have 100 - related crit chance to perform a super-crit with 300% dmg of same dmg type. This can only happen every 20 sec.
All aura affects on hunter self has +20% effects. Own aura does not affect.
H-3: If servant of nature has <insert amount of any stats here>, and if all three of “Servant of Nature”, “Claw Strike” and “Beast Fury” are present in the huntress’s book of skills, a merging purchasable/attainable skill would fuse the skills into a large regal White Tiger/Golden Tiger with ferocious stats that automatically casts claw strike and beast fury (beast fury only when enemy channeling is detected). Can grant huntress the “Regal Roar” that grants allies an attack power boon.

Last edited:
Level 5
Wow... why anyone would invest so much time in making such a huge post for just a small map still strikes me in awe, but sorry that I don't have the time yet to read all this.

I'll take a look once I have and give you my feedback.

The same reason anyone would spend so much time in making such a huge map for a small community like us, for free, my friend. Don't call it small (I just called us the community small. What a hypocrite I am :D) Nuff said.

EDIT: How inconsiderate of me. I wrote this reply in a cybercafe on my way back from the new town so it was hurried. I must say this, also for the same reason all our other beloved friends are doing their thing, trying to come up with ideas. I remember I found some of those ideas beautiful. They sure have my thanks. *Gives suggestive looks at grekern*

At Eagle XI: The TL;DR as you refer to it, whoever you are, first of all is incomplete as it has overlooked and mistaken few (EDIT: actually many) things and secondly is degrading, if not butchering. The contextual details of the spells are interwoven deeply with, and adds the real fantasy flavor to, the spell's details.

I don't endorse this, and I don't see how it helps, because sorry but I find your English incomprehensible sometimes. But if you made it purely out of trying to help people go through it faster, I can thank you only for the time and the intention. At least be 100% precise please.

And take all your time and more, Zwieb. Tbqh I don't even need or expect a reply. This is in all honesty just the ideas you asked for. If it's too long, then be careful who you'd like to "fuel a discussion" with next time. Muwahhahahahaha muwaaaaaaaaaahhhh...
(*vanishes into thin air*)

Last edited:
I did only read about one third through it and it looks like you have put a lot of thought into it.
I took notes on some cool ideas I would probably adapt in further skill additions, but all in all, there's something you should consider:

"If you can not summarize what a spell does in less than five lines of (ingame-)tooltip, then it's not a good spell design".

Most of your suggestions are extremely complicated in a way that they have multiple layers of functionality (constant buffs + procc effects + spell cross-interactions).

Spells should always be designed "straight to the point" and not overloaded with numbers and percentages and such.

Level 5
"If you can not summarize what a spell does in less than five lines of (ingame-)tooltip, then it's not a good spell design".
I understand Gaia's is inclined towards simplicity and realism. Well I could, to my own standards to say the least, keep the realism half but trimming is up to you. Reason being, truth be told I had half a mind at first to only give you the empty frame of the spells and leave all the details blank for you discretion, but that I found greatly tasteless. I chose to give you options out of which, to trim what you see fit. I've acknowledged all the shortcomings in the prelude. I could try and make perfectly fitting spells but that wouldnt be me so it would be pretentious to me.
I took notes on some cool ideas I would probably adapt in further skill additions
That's exactly what I hoped for. Little things that can be found interesting. Thank you, it's great to know. Now I'm getting tickled to ask exactly what things you saw suitable for Gaia's future, if writing it won't take your time (mini H.E. is really so smexy if you can put it there.. but nvm :D).

What I'm thinking about now and what came to my mind when I read this was adding combo point skills to the game. Basicly like the monk attack procc skill works, but with an active finisher.
I was also thinking about some kind of overloading ability for the sorcerer, that allows to cast castime skills at double the mana cost, but instantly.
Then I had the idea about some kind of bloodlust spell that affects the whole group and buffs haste/speed greatly for some time for the bard. Basicly a situational "now it's time to nuke dat bitch" spell.
Health link was always an option, too.
The idea to have summonable mirror images for mages or to transform as a necromancer.
I don't know all the other ideas out of my head now. As I said I took notes, but I don't have them here.

Been playing some RIFT lately and I love the talent system. I think I'm gonna take some ideas from that aswell.

Level 5
I like mirror images concerning mages, namely sorcerer, as it's the governing theme in S-1 astral oblivion to tear apart and alter reality. I find an agility-insane fast physical dpser like assassin more credible to leave behind afterimages, cuz it fits reality better. But then again, reality is what we believe (damn I wanna go study magic).

Tbh I'm not too content with the effects of self-cast option from s-1. Self-restoration of mana aint sound too good and isn't unique. Now that I read your post I see there were several effects I didn't consider, as expected. I'm thinking maybe if cast on self, provide int and haste but instead of mana, it would call real-like images of all allies for some time who can cast stuff so on so forth. "Ancient" and "long lost" astromantic spell, creating clones... resembles Shade, there was a "moon rune" to touch.. and she cast same school of magic. Maybe that could relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.